• 2 Post By diesel101
  • 2 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: World Cup 2018

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

World Cup 2018

Figured it must be more than me who watches this. Russia is starting out strong in the first half and strong in general even though they got one of the key players injured 23-minutes in.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Figured it must be more than me who watches this. Russia is starting out strong in the first half and strong in general even though they got one of the key players injured 23-minutes in.
    Nope just you.
    tarmyg and Obs like this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I dont watch football but was given germany to win in my work draw.

If they win ill get a nice £40

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Just you.

tarmyg and Obs like this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No Italy.

There was once a national Italian football team of champions but that's gone, sorry to say but they pretty deserved to be out this time.

Just like everything else is football in Italy is corrupted to the soul, and the above is the result.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Argentina all the way!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Soccer has been foisted on America as part of the left's plan for pussification of the American male. Not that there's anything particularly pussified about soccer, but European football is directly targeted at American football, which is a decidedly more manly sport.

The biggest problem with soccer, from an American standpoint, is that it's a non-linear sport. Baseball, football, golf, track & field, all entirely linear. Basketball and hockey are less directly linear but neither of those are American in origin or derived from an American sport. And hockey at least has violence going for it.

Despite its current lag in popularity, baseball is the quintessential American sport. It's by far the most entrenched in our culture. As far back as the War Between the States, there were Blue-versus-Grey baseball games at the end of the day when the battle was called due to darkness (but back then the game was known as simply "base"). There are probably 10x as many colloquial and slang terms from baseball in the American dialect as from any other sport.

But the single biggest reason baseball is so intrinsically American is that provided you stay in the game for the full nine innings, no matter how shitty a player you are, you still get three turns (at a minimum) to be the star. You get to bat.

America is a country founded on lionization of its stars. George Washington. Old Hickory. George Armstrong Custer. Teddy Roosevelt, Sergeant York. Charles Lindbergh. Babe Ruth. Lou Gehrig. Audie Murphy. Ted Williams. Mickey Mantle. John Glenn. Neil Armstrong. Johnny Unitas. Broadway Joe. Hank Aaron. Tiger Woods. Chris Kyle.

These men's names are immortal, and there's not a single Pelé, Chinaglia, Ronaldo or Beckham on the list. Pelé even was hired by an American team (the NY Cosmos) from 1975-77 in a now defunct soccer pro soccer league to try to give it some traction. Chinaglia even joined him on the Cosmos in '76 but even the pair of them didn't put butts in the bleachers. Pearls before swine, America all but ignored the two greatest soccer players in the world. Because soccer wasn't an American sport ...until sport became a political football.
    Obs likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I do a little. My son is a fanatic. He can name the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BG likes this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

Thread Information