• 2 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 2 Post By cherrydrpepper
  • 1 Post By diesel101

Thread: Sober Bruhs

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Sober Bruhs

What do you do on Friday Saturday nights?
    I know my Friday and Saturday night is waiting until I can get to the gym the next morning, and thats depressing AF

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Play guitar, drink beer, eat pizza

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Work, if not working, I lift around 3 a.m.-ish, reload ammo, window shop via Internet, torment my wife as much as possible, etc.
    BG, marcus300 and Octaneforce like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Staying sober for myself is def harder than it sounds

Boredom & accessibility is such a bitch
    RaginCajun and PeanutbutterDC like this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I found it easier to change my sleep habits. Now I get up at 0400 (4 AM) so I go to bed early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I found it easier to change my sleep habits. Now I get up at 0400 (4 AM) so I go to bed early.
    Man David, I see you and I think and have a lot in common........

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

yeah, I found 10:30-6:30 suits me. Go to bed around 8:30 and relax and watch tv for a couple hours. I am in a confusing situation with the (ex?)GF, which used to be my entertainment. But Ive been going NC lately, so now I have nothing to do

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    yeah, I found 10:30-6:30 suits me. Go to bed around 8:30 and relax and watch tv for a couple hours. I am in a confusing situation with the (ex?)GF, which used to be my entertainment. But Ive been going NC lately, so now I have nothing to do
    You sure do have an interesting life.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I have been doing myself

But, try making an ex addict remember to go bed early Friday eve after an already intense day

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I get home from work about 4-5pm friday evenings. I’ll eat something and just decompress until around 7, then hit the gym for maybe 2 hours. By the time im back home and showered its 10pm and i dont mind knocking out in bed.

Saturdays are a little harder to resist from beer when im off work haha. Especially on a nice sunny day
    MrRightT likes this.

What's good about beer? I stopped drinking altogether many years ago cause all I used to get from alcohol is drowsiness and numbness.

Blog Entries
    It's a tad dif when working for yourself and being able to run your own schedule

For the first 2 years I stayed hammered damn near 24x7 - work, drink, a little time off - get to the gym. . . This was a 24x7 cycle for well over 2 years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    It's a tad dif when working for yourself and being able to run your own schedule

For the first 2 years I stayed hammered damn near 24x7 - work, drink, a little time off - get to the gym. . . This was a 24x7 cycle for well over 2 years
    Ive known guys who ran their own little company out of a van (construction, plumbing, whatever) and would have the helper drive around all day because the boss was drunk the entire time. I mean, atleast they are being a little responsible lol. I love beer but not that much!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    What's good about beer? I stopped drinking altogether many years ago cause all I used to get from alcohol is drowsiness and numbness.
    Sometimes people wanna be drowsy and numb lol. I definitely have slowly moved away from drinking as much. I’ll have 2-3 beers max aNd be ready for a nap. Beer is delicious and fizzy and mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Sometimes people wanna be drowsy and numb lol. I definitely have slowly moved away from drinking as much. I’ll have 2-3 beers max aNd be ready for a nap. Beer is delicious and fizzy and mmmm
    I do too at times but the feeling I get from alcohol is just "blah". Never get it when ppl refer to "the pleasure of drinking". What pleasure lol.

Some times I think I should try to drink and see if i can handle it. It's a big risk though, if I go off and running there is too much shit that will get fucked up beyond repair

Blog Entries
    Ive known guys who ran their own little company out of a van (construction, plumbing, whatever) and would have the helper drive around all day because the boss was drunk the entire time. I mean, atleast they are being a little responsible lol. I love beer but not that much!

That's similar to my setup - somewhat

Damn addictions

This year has been my "most sober" year since my early 20's. . . . . Soooooo

But, yes drinking by itself was never my issue up until these recent ER visits for terrible GI issues

So, yeah - sober, yay - who hoo

LoL

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I don't usually drink but tonight i have some whiskey on hand, this chick fucked me up.. my fault
    probably the gear fucking with my aggression and anger..
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I can't drink anymore if I wish to grow or even maintain. What i do is this. Post and think.
    Usually in that order too!
    almostgone and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Blog Entries
    I can moderate my drinking fairly well

Most of the time now, I'll have 2 Corona lights & I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I can't drink anymore if I wish to grow or even maintain. What i do is this. Post and think.
    Usually in that order too!
    Thats what the edit button is for though! I think a lot of us would be in trouble if that edit button didnt exist.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I can moderate my drinking fairly well

Most of the time now, I'll have 2 Corona lights & I'm done
    That's usually me once a week, but every now and then I turn it on!
    Last edited by guitarzan; 06-03-2018 at 07:33 PM.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    This is probably a girly response, but if I'm staying in after my workout I like to work on creative projects: art, making or refinishing furniture, crafts, etc. Sometimes I watch Netflix with Mr PeanutbutterDC or screw around on social media or YouTube
    almostgone and Obs like this.

MrRightT is offline Junior Member
    Im on my first cycle now, everyone around me drinks so its been hard to abstain. I may have a beer or two if its a special occassion but definitely dont let it get out of hand. Ive read you can have a couple from time to time on cycle but man is it tough

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thats funny as hell. Conscientiousness (hard working) has many facets some are orderly others industrious, better to be more industrious but when youre living in a van and need a helper to drive youve gone too far lol
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What do you do on Friday Saturday nights?
    I know my Friday and Saturday night is waiting until I can get to the gym the next morning, and thats depressing AF
    Where I live theres a lot of kava bars. I go there and drink Kratom with friends. I also enjoy cigars. Theyre kind of mini vices but ive never had issues with them like alcohol.

I also am a life coach to a homeless man. We are friends. Ive been able to make a difference in his life in the year Ive known him. Yesterday we were finally able to get him a state ID card after ordering his birth cert online, hs and college transcripts and voter id card and visiting the social security office. We then signed him up for food stamps. Our next step is to see a lawyer that specializes in disability. He has moderate autism and ADD imo - has lived outside like a dog for 15 years. I know a lot about addiction and mental illness. I knew I didnt want to bother with an addict so honestly I just felt the call to help this dude.

Once you stop drinking or using you start to notice its like a second job keeping busy. Too much of life seems like family/friends and work.
    Obs and Mooseman33 like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Where I live theres a lot of kava bars. I go there and drink Kratom with friends. I also enjoy cigars. Theyre kind of mini vices but ive never had issues with them like alcohol.

I also am a life coach to a homeless man. We are friends. Ive been able to make a difference in his life in the year Ive known him. Yesterday we were finally able to get him a state ID card after ordering his birth cert online, hs and college transcripts and voter id card and visiting the social security office. We then signed him up for food stamps. Our next step is to see a lawyer that specializes in disability. He has moderate autism and ADD imo - has lived outside like a dog for 15 years. I know a lot about addiction and mental illness. I knew I didnt want to bother with an addict so honestly I just felt the call to help this dude.

Once you stop drinking or using you start to notice its like a second job keeping busy. Too much of life seems like family/friends and work.
    Good man

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    video games, side projects, IT certifications - super nerd haha. No but seriously, I try to stay away from alcohol, it destroys my digestive system and sets me back so many days in the gym, especially if i'm on a tight regime. Alcohol can be a slippery slope, drinking in moderation is a problem for me haha my party days were a bit overwhelming and going hard was always the name of the game unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    video games, side projects, IT certifications - super nerd haha. No but seriously, I try to stay away from alcohol, it destroys my digestive system and sets me back so many days in the gym, especially if i'm on a tight regime. Alcohol can be a slippery slope, drinking in moderation is a problem for me haha my party days were a bit overwhelming and going hard was always the name of the game unfortunately.
    Any suggestions for video games? Overwatch is getting old for me and I never got into battle royals (and those seem to be all anyone is playing)

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Any suggestions for video games? Overwatch is getting old for me and I never got into battle royals (and those seem to be all anyone is playing)
    ya fortnite is huge right now haha. They got something on the xbox where you can purchase a game pass for 10$ a month and play kinds of different games they have available. I'm not sure if you're interested in MMORPG's? those are pretty time consuming tho haha.

Right now personally I just jump on fortnite when I can

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    If it wasn't for the damn Ketel 1and/or Tito's I would be alright.... Sorry to HiJack, Samson, how are the GI issue's going, did it resolve from lack of alcohol.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I drink very little anymore just for the fact that my free time is very valuable and I hate to waste it feeling like crap after a rough night.
    I do enjoy waking up and not having to ask my wife who I had offended the night before. My filter never worked very well when I was into the whiskey.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I drink very little anymore just for the fact that my free time is very valuable and I hate to waste it feeling like crap after a rough night.
    I do enjoy waking up and not having to ask my wife who I had offended the night before. My filter never worked very well when I was into the whiskey.
    Hate that feeling.
    I think thats partly why I get horrible anxiety after I drink for two or three days. It is so bad I can't sleep. Drinking abstinence is the answer for me. One can lead to 20

mf1251 is offline New Member
    My friends like to party a lot, I enjoy going out but not the after effects or hearing about shit that I did while drunk, not to mention cost as well... my go to now is to offer up being the designated driver for the night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    If it wasn't for the damn Ketel 1and/or Tito's I would be alright.... Sorry to HiJack, Samson, how are the GI issue's going, did it resolve from lack of alcohol.

Well, my new gastro concoction works - works 2 good

So, back to drinking I went - fvcking lame, I drink like a fvcking fish. I pay attention to it close now, but I put em down - trying to slow down seems to b more difficult than stopping ____. I always drink when I eat, shit - half the time I start drinking with lunch, and sometimes after breakfast depending on the time of day. . . . . I hardly ever get hammered, I just find myself continuously drinking throughout the day.

Oh well, I am working on it - but, my boozing seems to just slime it's way back in

How do u say no to 5 dollar top shelf happy hour - LoL

MrRightT is offline Junior Member
    I got bored of Fortnite pretty quick. If you like MMOs check out final fantasy 14 . I played wow for a while and just hoping into ff14 and they have a free trial going on which is nice.

Thread Information