Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: **Elk and Moose bow hunting**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

**Elk and Moose bow hunting**

I've been watching some extreme Elk and Moose bow hunting on YouTube and I've got to say I find this so out of my comfort zone.

Do any of you across the pond go bow hunting and what is it what makes you do this?

I've spent a fair amount of time watching these bizarre videos and its completely a different world to me but I'm struggling to find the excitement these guys have about bow hunting. Its huge business and a massive past time I'm kinda of addicted to watching them though lol
    Last edited by marcus300; 05-31-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    clarky. likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Yes, love bow hunting! You have to get close, really close! Those videos are crazy! I haven’t been on any moose or elk hunt yet but would love the chance to. Not sure about a moose but would love to pack my freezer with some elk meat.

Hey Marcus, guess what, there is also bow fishing!!! And bow fishing with titties! Haha! Yes, I’m a sick cunt!

https://youtu.be/Hqpz_dSQD8U
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Yes, love bow hunting! You have to get close, really close! Those videos are crazy! I haven’t been on any moose or elk hunt yet but would love the chance to. Not sure about a moose but would love to pack my freezer with some elk meat.

Hey Marcus, guess what, there is also bow fishing!!! And bow fishing with titties! Haha! Yes, I’m a sick cunt!

https://youtu.be/Hqpz_dSQD8U
    haha only fuking you lol you sick cunt

So what do you hunt with a bow?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    haha only fuking you lol you sick cunt

So what do you hunt with a bow?
    Haha, figured you would like that one!

I hunt whitetail deer, wild hogs, and rabbits.

I need to practice, been a while since I have last shot. I am also trying to set up a bow with the fishing gear so when you come to South Louisiana, I can show you how to do it with bikini girls on the boat!
    marcus300 likes this.

Haha, figured you would like that one!

I hunt whitetail deer, wild hogs, and rabbits.

I need to practice, been a while since I have last shot. I am also trying to set up a bow with the fishing gear so when you come to South Louisiana, I can show you how to do it with bikini girls on the boat!
    Will the bikini's be latex?

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Im not really for hunting at all when the world is so saturated with imprisoned animals bred to be eaten but bow hunting seems to be an unnecessary inhuman way to kill just because its more fun than shooting.

If youre going to hunt take a rifle and shoot the poor fucker in the head to end it quickely.
    ghettoboyd and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Im not really for hunting at all when the world is so saturated with imprisoned animals bred to be eaten but bow hunting seems to be an unnecessary inhuman way to kill just because its more fun than shooting.

If youre going to hunt take a rifle and shoot the poor fucker in the head to end it quickely.
    Yes.....I am struggling with it to be honest. After watching loads of videos it kind of seems backwards but its a huge past time, that's why I asked here if anyone does it and why, whats it all about
    hollowedzeus and ghettoboyd like this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    More time away from the wife hunting. I have some friends that bow due to the season is open earlier than rifle season is and it takes a lot of skill to hunt with a bow. And you have to be good at calling them in close. People have hunted with a bow a lot longer than with a firearm. It really gives the animal a huge advantage. If you ever go bow hunting take a cameria. You will get more "shots" of wildlife with the cameria than you will with the bow.
    marcus300 and ghettoboyd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    More time away from the wife hunting. I have some friends that bow due to the season is open earlier than rifle season is and it takes a lot of skill to hunt with a bow. And you have to be good at calling them in close. People have hunted with a bow a lot longer than with a firearm. It really gives the animal a huge advantage. If you ever go bow hunting take a cameria. You will get more "shots" of wildlife with the cameria than you will with the bow.
    David your back, we will pick the interview back up mate

I understand about time for yourself but why kill with a bow, whats the pleasure aspect of it why kill and play games calling it in? kind of lost it alittle bit as I was watching them. Its like so bizarre to me I just wanted to understand more from a bow hunter why

Will the bikini's be latex?
    I dunno if one could wear that and survive down here with the heat and humidity.

But, there is only one way to find out

Saturated imprisoned animals feed shit for food that in turn you eat. Who knows what they are feeding those things. I’ll take my chances with the things I kill and catch.

That is what a knife is for, slit the throat
    marcus300 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I think it is more of the thrill of the hunt. The hunters see a lot of wildlife but do not get to shoot much. They also have to practice a lot so it is a skill. Anyone can get good with a firearm but not so much with a bow. With a firearm you can kill over 300 meters away but with a bow you have to be around 7.5 meters away. Most people I know that hunt with a bow think of it as more sporting while I think it is dull as hell. But with Elk and Moose you have to be very good, that is a very large animal that can kill you if you mess up you shot.

I have heard people say that anyone can kill with a firearm but it takes a professional to kill with a bow.
    ghettoboyd and marcus300 like this.

Blog Entries

Hunting helps control the population of the wild animals and they are good to eat. If you ever see Elk on a menu order it. You will see why people hunt it. As for deer and other animals, they are good eats as well and fill up the freezer cheaper than buying at the store.
    marcus300 likes this.

Saturated imprisoned animals feed shit for food that in turn you eat. Who knows what they are feeding those things. I’ll take my chances with the things I kill and catch.

Yes.... I can see that especially in the USA and the food industry and mass production. I can see where your coming from. Isnt there any grass feed meats available?

I think it is more of the thrill of the hunt. The hunters see a lot of wildlife but do not get to shoot much. They also have to practice a lot so it is a skill. Anyone can get good with a firearm but not so much with a bow. With a firearm you can kill over 300 meters away but with a bow you have to be around 7.5 meters away. Most people I know that hunt with a bow think of it as more sporting while I think it is dull as hell. But with Elk and Moose you have to be very good, that is a very large animal that can kill you if you mess up you shot.

I have heard people say that anyone can kill with a firearm but it takes a professional to kill with a bow.
    Mmmmm I know a lot of guys love the thrill of the hunt and I guess that's what bothers me, I fail to see the enjoyment but I suppose if you tell someone that I lifted heavy weights off the floor for the last 33 yrs they would think I was some lunatic.

Hunting helps control the population of the wild animals and they are good to eat. If you ever see Elk on a menu order it. You will see why people hunt it. As for deer and other animals, they are good eats as well and fill up the freezer cheaper than buying at the store.
    I know hogs are under the pest control but are elk?

Hunting would be splendid if meat wasnt mass produced... but it is. So why add futher death and pain. Theyre in the wild. They are lucky let them live free. The imprisoned ones arent going anywhere... might as well.
    marcus300 likes this.

I have a pest controller in my immediate family. Theres is a big difference between pest control and hunting. Pest control needs to be done.
    Getting your jollies and looking forward to killing is completely different.

Fox hunting was a hot topic over here a while back. Its just nonsense for sadistic people that enjoys ending lives.

Its a load of shite. Just pure shite in my opinion of course.
    Different culture over here clearly.

No disrespect you guys over the pond of course
    marcus300 likes this.

I have a pest controller in my immediate family. Theres is a big difference between pest control and hunting. Pest control needs to be done.
    Getting your jollies and looking forward to killing is completely different.

Fox hunting was a hot topic over here a while back. Its just nonsense for sadistic people that enjoys ending lives.

Its a load of shite. Just pure shite in my opinion of course.
    Different culture over here clearly.

No disrespect you guys over the pond of course
    I do think its bizarre and not needed when hunters say its for pleasure and the thrill, I think your right and most probably down to the culture and what you have been brought up with.

The fox hunting soon got disabled but the protests were insane and rightly so when the dogs would rip them to bits, if its needed maybe shoot them but for pleasure wasn't ever going to be the norm.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

I do think its bizarre and not needed when hunters say its for pleasure and the thrill, I think your right and most probably down to the culture and what you have been brought up with.

The fox hunting soon got disabled but the protests were insane and rightly so when the dogs would rip them to bits, if its needed maybe shoot them but for pleasure wasn't ever going to be the norm.
    I know someone who catches squirrels, shoots it in the leg then throws it in a room with his dog to teach it how to tear it to pieces

Really isnt too different

I think those that enjoy hunting would think nothing of that cruelty
    marcus300 likes this.

I know someone who catches squirrels, shoots it in the leg then throws it in a room with his dog to teach it how to tear it to pieces

Fuk off.... honestly?

why does he do that

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Come on Hollowed. You are better than that.
    BTW- I do not hunt or own a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    marcus300 likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    easy on all the dead Moose talk fellas......

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

That kind of individuals are socially dangerous, torturing animals for the sake of it is a prelude and a warning sign to quite violent antisocial behaviour, they hurt animals first but will turn onto people at some point.
    marcus300 likes this.

Is it just me but ive just watched this one and these guys seem unbalanced and from the stone age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhwpWdZ3oQ

Blog Entries
    Yes.... I can see that especially in the USA and the food industry and mass production. I can see where your coming from. Isnt there any grass feed meats available?

Yes, my family raises grass-fed cows. I get one every year from them.

Mmmmm I know a lot of guys love the thrill of the hunt and I guess that's what bothers me, I fail to see the enjoyment but I suppose if you tell someone that I lifted heavy weights off the floor for the last 33 yrs they would think I was some lunatic.

Everyone has their hobbies. I like to shoot guns and not so much hunting unless it is for the meat.

Hunting controls wildlife poplulation. Man is their preditor. We killed off a lot of wolves and bears here in North American over the generation.

Hunting would be splendid if meat wasn't mass produced... but it is. So why add further death and pain. They're in the wild. They are lucky let them live free. The imprisoned ones arent going anywhere... might as well.
    Hunting again controls population, keep the wildlife populations healthy and whatnot. Deer around here cause a lot of damage and people hit them with their cars every day. Hunting also gets people out doors and enjoying nature. And wild game taste a lot different than farm raised animals. You just have to know how to cook it.

I dont know anyone that hunts to hurt animals, they try to kill them as quickly as possible. People that just kill animals to kill animals are in a different class of people.
    marcus300 likes this.

Hunting controls wildlife poplulation. Man is their preditor. We killed off a lot of wolves and bears here in North American over the generation.

Hunting again controls population, keep the wildlife populations healthy and whatnot. Deer around here cause a lot of damage and people hit them with their cars every day. Hunting also gets people out doors and enjoying nature. And wild game taste a lot different than farm raised animals. You just have to know how to cook it.

I dont know anyone that hunts to hurt animals, they try to kill them as quickly as possible. People that just kill animals to kill animals are in a different class of people.
    I hear you and agree on some parts but why use a bow DLP? is it just the game and thrill with a bow then? isn't using a bow more barbaric

Blog Entries
    Is it just me but ive just watched this one and these guys seem unbalanced and from the stone age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhwpWdZ3oQ
    I have a buddy from school that used to film and now produces those shows. They do go in and harvest the meat, not just the antlers. I am against trophy hunting.
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Come on Hollowed. You are better than that.
    BTW- I do not hunt or own a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its nonsense cruelty to me mate.

Whats the difference between shooting a squirrel in the leg or wounding a big creature with an arrow?

Didnt mean to upset anyone but its my view
    marcus300 likes this.

Fuk off.... honestly?

why does he do that
    Some form of hunting practice. Pheasants perhaps.

Absolutely disgusting.

Hes employed by the council as a pest controller believe it or not
    marcus300 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Its nonsense cruelty to me mate.

Whats the difference between shooting a squirrel in the leg or wounding a big creature with an arrow?

Didnt mean to upset anyone but its my view
    Bow season is earlier when they are just into a rut (aka horney as hell) but you have to be good with a bow. If you suck with a bow then you should not be hurting with one. If you wound game then the meat can spoil and cause the animal to suffer. (Not Cool) I have a crossbow and will go out sometimes but I have my camera with me and take a lot of pictures. I have never been close enough to take a shot. But trust me the arrows they use are just as deadly as a firearm if your aim is true.

FYI - I hunt squirrel with everything but an arrow. From a pellet gun, a 22, AR-15 and a shotgun. They are just rats with tails to me. I do skin them and feed them to the dogs or sometimes I will fry one up but they are pretty lean and not very good like rabbit.

Blog Entries
    Fuk off.... honestly?

why does he do that
    some people are mean. you can do the same thing with a dead animal. I do know some country guys that when teaching young site hounds to hunt coyote they might shoot them in the leg and turn the dogs loose. I do not agree with it but some people do shit like that. I have also seen mcuh older men trap wild rabbits and put a stick in the legs and hang them upside down so they will yell and call in the coyotes. (They learned this from their parents or grandparents and is not done much anymore) A preditor call works just as well and is not cruel like that. I am soft hearted when it come to animals.
    marcus300 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member

Problem with grass fed beef and all that is it is ridiculously expensive here in Sweden. Like $30 for a kilo of meat, and it isn't fresh either it's been in a package with preservative to keep it's colour for a month.

I'd imagine hunting for good quality meat but too much of an effort. Rather raise some goat or something and give it a quick death before butchering it.
    Last edited by cousinmuscles; 05-31-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Autocorrect made goat to cost
    marcus300 likes this.

Im always public enemy number one with these topics but i do hope i havent upset anyone it wasnt my intention.

I dont understand the appeal to hunting and it sickens me personally. Whatever anyone else does is on their on conscience.
    marcus300 likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Yep... Lets cut a 400lb bulls balls off and burn his horns of with a cauterizing iron never letting him know freedom and then pop him in the head.
    Much more humane.

Is everyone in euope vaginas that forgot the basic instincts of man?
    Ernst likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Yep... Lets cut a 400lb bulls balls off and burn his horns of with a cauterizing iron never letting him know freedom and then pop him in the head.
    Much more humane.

If youll see above i said its already happening whether we eat it or not. So why kill more animals when that poor bull has already had his balls chopped off and been popped ?

We also live in 2018. No need to act like we live in the stone ages
    marcus300 likes this.

some people are mean. you can do the same thing with a dead animal. I do know some country guys that when teaching young site hounds to hunt coyote they might shoot them in the leg and turn the dogs loose. I do not agree with it but some people do shit like that. I have also seen mcuh older men trap wild rabbits and put a stick in the legs and hang them upside down so they will yell and call in the coyotes. (They learned this from their parents or grandparents and is not done much anymore) A preditor call works just as well and is not cruel like that. I am soft hearted when it come to animals.
    Yes I agree mate

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Much more humane.

I think you are a shinning example of someone from the stone age with that post
    Obs and charger69 like this.

If youll see above i said its already happening whether we eat it or not. So why kill more animals when that poor bull has already had his balls chopped off and been popped ?

We also live in 2018. No need to act like we live in the stone ages
    what about haggis, do you hunt them lol

Im always public enemy number one with these topics but i do hope i havent upset anyone it wasnt my intention.

I dont understand the appeal to hunting and it sickens me personally. Whatever anyone else does is on their on conscience.
    I do find it hard to understand this type that's for sure

what about haggis, do you hunt them lol
    Are you mad? Far too fast.

Ill be running after them with my greatsword for hours. (This is the most fun way to murder wildlife up north btw. Me and clarky are just back from said adventure with no haggis suprise suprise)

Are you mad? Far too fast.

Ill be running after them with my greatsword for hours. (This is the most fun way to murder wildlife up north btw. Me and clarky are just back from said adventure with no haggis suprise suprise)
    Ive been haggis hunting for over 19 years and still haven't seen one, fuking fast and very secretive

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information