• 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By BG

Thread: Wow im sore! Time off = soreness

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Wow im sore! Time off = soreness

So i took a month off from lifting because i had to get a hernia surgery. And when i say a month off i mean i didnt lift a thing. I didnt even carry my laundry in fear of damaging the repair.

I finally got back to the gym and went very light. Just some feather light preacher curls and tricep pull downs. Im about 6 weeks out from surgery at this point and starting to increase the weight and do more of my favorite workouts.

Holy crap im sore! My forearms and shoulders feel like they are gonna peel off my body. I havent got sore like this in a long time. To be honest a month off may have done me some good. I feel pretty awesome since ive been back. Already getting great pumps and i leaned out quite a bit, probably due to a low dose of gh for the last 2 months or so.
    BG likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wait till you in your 40's, I can miss a week and get sore ass hell
    OdinsOtherSon and BG like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I thought test will keep us young forever!!
    guitarzan and EDCG19 like this.

wellshii is offline Member
    De-loads are awesome.
    Sorry it had to be due to surgery though.
    Octaneforce likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm sore every time like it's the first...

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    That's what she said
    wellshii and guitarzan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    I can typically change my routine, or take long breaks between sets (3-4 mins), and get sore, but I usually dont get that first time soreness unless I skip a week or so

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can typically change my routine, or take long breaks between sets (3-4 mins), and get sore, but I usually dont get that first time soreness unless I skip a week or so
    I train like I'm crazy even small muscle like delts I get doms for five days straight.
    guitarzan likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sure gets worse as we get older, recovery time also!
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    So i took a month off from lifting because i had to get a hernia surgery. And when i say a month off i mean i didnt lift a thing. I didnt even carry my laundry in fear of damaging the repair.

I finally got back to the gym and went very light. Just some feather light preacher curls and tricep pull downs. Im about 6 weeks out from surgery at this point and starting to increase the weight and do more of my favorite workouts.

Holy crap im sore! My forearms and shoulders feel like they are gonna peel off my body. I havent got sore like this in a long time. To be honest a month off may have done me some good. I feel pretty awesome since ive been back. Already getting great pumps and i leaned out quite a bit, probably due to a low dose of gh for the last 2 months or so.
    Glad your back training and don't rush things. Let your body break in and also use this as a chance to pay attention to over training. Now if you pay careful attention you can really dial in your workout and get things straight. I always noticed after time off that less is more. Goodluck, I'm about 4-5 weeks no training........I'm a little scared to go back in
    Obs and guitarzan like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post

Glad your back training and don't rush things. Let your body break in and also use this as a chance to pay attention to over training. Now if you pay careful attention you can really dial in your workout and get things straight. I always noticed after time off that less is more. Goodluck, I'm about 4-5 weeks no training........I'm a little scared to go back in
    Why are you taking time off?

BG
    Why are you taking time off?
    Just moved from NY to Florida now I'm back in NY working until end of summer, was a crazy move. I'm not sure if I'm going to bodybuild anymore, actually I'm sure I'm not, I think trx for me and riding motorcross now theres plenty of tracks around.
    yeahbuddy289 and Obs like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Gotta love DOMs. I am jealous!

Blog Entries
    Just moved from NY to Florida now I'm back in NY working until end of summer, was a crazy move. I'm not sure if I'm going to bodybuild anymore, actually I'm sure I'm not, I think trx for me and riding motorcross now theres plenty of tracks around.
    Is that you in your avatar pic? You gotta keep bodybuilding man!!
    As for tracks on the island you got 10th street, the hare scramble place in calverton, and then theres one more place i heard About but i sont know any info. So thats 3 places which is more than we have had in a long time

BG
    No that Phil Heath, I’m tiny compared to him. My body doesn’t want it anymore, I’m always getting injured and it’s no fun anymore. I’m starting a new life, blessed with a second chance and bodybuilding isn’t going to be part of it, it consumed my first life and nothing good came from it. 10th street is ok and Calverton sucks. Look up a few videos on Florida tracks and trails. It’s an hour and twenty minutes from my house
    Is that you in your avatar pic? You gotta keep bodybuilding man!!
    As for tracks on the island you got 10th street, the hare scramble place in calverton, and then theres one more place i heard About but i sont know any info. So thats 3 places which is more than we have had in a long time
    Octaneforce likes this.

Yeah im feelin the same way. Been off for about 6-7wks now after tweaking my back again. I have a spinal fusion so when i do tweak it i gotta let it be til its ready. No juice, no training, and put on about 20lbs from being a slacker on my diet and not doing anything. Im hopin to get back in maybe 2 or 3 wks and start a fresh cycle but this aint gonna be fun

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy51577 View Post
    Yeah im feelin the same way. Been off for about 6-7wks now after tweaking my back again. I have a spinal fusion so when i do tweak it i gotta let it be til its ready. No juice, no training, and put on about 20lbs from being a slacker on my diet and not doing anything. Im hopin to get back in maybe 2 or 3 wks and start a fresh cycle but this aint gonna be fun
    Take it slow, in this time off do some research on how to rehab train and start with that.......it will pay off in the end. But get your diet straight ASAP.......no excuse for that, just laziness and not caring.
    guitarzan likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    It really requires a lot of effort, physical and mental, to get back on to training.

Kudos to all you guys back in the grinding!
    guitarzan likes this.

Take it slow, in this time off do some research on how to rehab train and start with that.......it will pay off in the end. But get your diet straight ASAP.......no excuse for that, just laziness and not caring.
    Diet is my biggest struggle, like most people I'm sure. I love to train, only time it's a struggle is when life or injuries gets in the way.
    BG likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet is my biggest struggle, like most people I'm sure. I love to train, only time it's a struggle is when life or injuries gets in the way.
    Everybody want solutions in the form of a pill, but when you talk to them about diet changes... pfff, impossible.
    guitarzan likes this.

When two of your favorite things in life is training and delicious food....
    guitarzan and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Everybody want solutions in the form of a pill, but when you talk to them about diet changes... pfff, impossible.
    50% training, 50% magic pills, 100% results
    kronik420 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Its magic liquid, in a bottle with a eyedropper...lol
    I've come a long way with diet in the year and half, dropped 76 lbs and did pretty much no cardio. Ive hit the brick wall for losing fat, so time to tighten up diet and add cardio.
    Last edited by guitarzan; 07-15-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    50% training, 50% magic pills, 100% results
    Thsts what most people seem to think...lol
    And it is possible to only take pills to lose weight, but its terrible on your body. Look at a meth head for example!

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    80% Diet, 15% Training, 5% Gear
    BG likes this.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BG.... I had no idea you were into motocross!!
    BG likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Ending of an era. Thats sad.

I will be like you someday, but rather than retire to something different, I will stand at the peak of my summit and as I look down below, my heart will detonate.

Hope I am dead before I look back.
    BG likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    80% Diet, 15% Training, 5% Gear
    These ratios are way off.
    50% gear then 25/25 training/diet
    guitarzan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    These ratios are way off.
    50% gear then 25/25 training/diet
    Lol...
    Obs likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    BG.... I had no idea you were into motocross!!
    I rode my whole life. Two of my friends were experts and one still is. He cant wait to send his practice bike to my house this winter Its super hard to ride here in NY, only 2 places, they are crowded usually and dangerous. Woods is off limits, the cops are in there the whole time and now they aren't letting you get your bikes back. You go on Letgo and theres tons of bikes and quads for sale. I cant wait, buying new boots this weekend, soon I'm going to be ripping again!!
    Octaneforce likes this.

BG
    Ending of an era. Thats sad.

I will be like you someday, but rather than retire to something different, I will stand at the peak of my summit and as I look down below, my heart will detonate.

Hope I am dead before I look back.
    Not easy man, I really tried but it not fun anymore, I'm that guy in there saying to the young guys "I used to lift this, I used to look like that" and I swore in my 20's I would never be that guy. New life, new hobby, I gave body building 110%..........honestly to much.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Not easy man, I really tried but it not fun anymore, I'm that guy in there saying to the young guys "I used to lift this, I used to look like that" and I swore in my 20's I would never be that guy. New life, new hobby, I gave body building 110%..........honestly to much.
    Understandable.
    Btw the old guys that said that never were.
    The difference is you are.

I was eating breakfast with a group of old men recently. One was talking about a hard job he used to have and said, "I had arms as big as him" and pointed at me.

Two of his childhood friends cut in and said "You fucking liar" "You never had arms close to that!"

I had to bury myself in my phone so I didn't bust out laughing!
    Don't worry, you will never be "That" old guy.

All things come to an end. I can't picture not doing this, but someday I will set it down.

You should coach. Pass on what you know in person rather than just online.

I hope you relapse lol

BG
    Understandable.
    Btw the old guys that said that never were.
    The difference is you are.

I was eating breakfast with a group of old men recently. One was talking about a hard job he used to have and said, "I had arms as big as him" and pointed at me.

Two of his childhood friends cut in and said "You fucking liar" "You never had arms close to that!"

I had to bury myself in my phone so I didn't bust out laughing!
    Don't worry, you will never be "That" old guy.

All things come to an end. I can't picture not doing this, but someday I will set it down.

You should coach. Pass on what you know in person rather than just online.

I hope you relapse lol
    Thanks buddy. Ya those guys are funny, especially the ones that are 350-400lbs and you know they were never lean. I always asked them, so you competed.....that usually shut them up I cant relapse, my body just doesn't want the hormones anymore, it used to love them, now I just get all the nasty side effects, I wish I would have juiced less and my body probably wouldn't have ended up like this..........and lifted a bit lighter. But fuck it, I loved it and gave it all I had. Just keep in mind its a long haul and you will be able to do it for a long time, I had my fair share of drug use before the gear so that took its toll also. Your very smart, oinly use what you need and you will be fine
    Obs likes this.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Super pumped for you BG... I haven’t been to the track, or on the bike at all for 2 years now... this is the longest I’ve ever gone and I’m starting to really miss it. There are tons of places to ride upstate... I feel bad for you guys downstate. Unadilla is coming up soon!!! If that doesn’t get you amped up to ride idk what will lol

Thread Information