Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 1350
Like Tree1028Likes

Thread: Guns and Ammo Thread

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    If you live in Cali you cannot buy ammo online anymore. It fcukin sucks.

I still have ammo I bought in bulk saved from years ago, but I'm down to a few thousand rounds. I'll have to cave in and buy soon. Hopefully by then this nonsense will be over.

Shyt, I even bought ammo for a gun I didn't even own yet back then lol.
    You sound like me. I bought a couple of "braces" for a PCC I haven't bought yet because I'm waiting for the prices on the gun to go down, but the braces might be "banned"* before that happens.

* Banned, not illegal, because Chairman Xiden runs the executive branch, but only the legislative branch has the power to make something 'illegal.'
    Ernst likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    For any of you who've ever thought about getting an M1 Carbine (or building an AR chambered in .30 Carbine), this is more information relevant to 'sporterizing' an M1 than I can recall ever having seen in one place before.

Just noticed yesterday that Midway has a big lot coming from Italy that have been in storage since 1950. Looks like the selection is pretty representative of the manufacturers back then.

Winchester
    Rock-Ola
    National Postal Meter
    Quality Hardware
    Standard Products
    Saginaw – Variants S.G and S'G'
    Underwood – Variants B, S, T and W marked receivers
    Inland
    IBM

Edit: Of course, no UN-Quality or Commercial Controls. There were a butt ton of subcontractors, so who knows what is paired with what without having the actual firearm in your hands.
    It looks like they'll be grading them and there's plenty of variations, but supposedly none have been arsenal refurbished.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-29-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

CBS is reporting that NICS checks in the 1st quarter of 2021 were 13% higher than in the same period in 2020.

Which means the ammunition famine will get 13% deeper.

I read this one gun blogger who never posts mention of an ammo order going to the government but that he offers that all ammunition production should be dedicated to the civilian market until the civilian market is saturated to remind the government just how much its meddling complicates the process of expanding ammo production, which interferes with the practice of lawful commerce between the ammo industry and the general public, which diminishes our capacity to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Sounds reasonable to me.
    almostgone and Ernst like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    If you live in Cali you cannot buy ammo online anymore. It fcukin sucks.

I still have ammo I bought in bulk saved from years ago, but I'm down to a few thousand rounds. I'll have to cave in and buy soon. Hopefully by then this nonsense will be over.

Shyt, I even bought ammo for a gun I didn't even own yet back then lol.
    I haven't bought ammo in years. I got myself a press and I put together my own ammo. I don't really save much money doing it, but it's a hobby and I end up with rounds that function better in my guns than factory ammo does. I can use powders that give me better performance or burn cleaner, I can seat bullets to specifically fit my guns' chambers. I can use better projectiles, better primers, better brass (although I almost always just use range brass that I sweep up).

But then Commiefornia had to pass all those anti-2A laws. And here I am, largely unaffected by their ammo laws. I'm not subjected to their background checks, I don't have to ask them permission to exercise my right.
    almostgone and Ernst like this.

Texas has two newly-passed pro-2A bills going to the governor. The first would deny any financial institution the privilege of doing business with the state of Texas if they discriminate against firearm or ammo manufacturers. The second would require hoteliers to not hinder guests traveling with firearms from keeping their guns in their room or from carrying their guns on a direct route from their outside transportation, through hotel common areas and to their room.

Can Flarduh and Tennessee be far behind?
    almostgone, Ernst and Honkey_Kong like this.

Botach is advertising Winchester-branded M855 in stock in 150-rd lots for 76₵ a round.

No. available changed from 10 to 12 while I've been writing this, for whatever that's worth.
    almostgone likes this.

Botach is advertising Winchester-branded M855 in stock in 150-rd lots for 76₵ a round.

No. available changed from 10 to 12 while I've been writing this, for whatever that's worth.
    That's about the prices I've been seeing at the placed that have it in stock. Midway has IMI M855 for .76/round, have 30 to 1200 round lots for sale. Their Winchester "Valor" M855 is a good bit higher though @ .84/round.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That's about the prices I've been seeing at the placed that have it in stock. Midway has IMI M855 for .76/round, have 30 to 1200 round lots for sale. Their Winchester "Valor" M855 is a good bit higher though @ .84/round.
    Are these actual steel core? Or just 62 grain lead? I bought some Hornady m855 penetrator projectiles. I took a magnet to them and nothing. Kind of a disappointment and I've got 500 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Are these actual steel core? Or just 62 grain lead? I bought some Hornady m855 penetrator projectiles. I took a magnet to them and nothing. Kind of a disappointment and I've got 500 of them.
    Supposed to be M855 SS109 penetrator.

Edit: Specs below:
    NATO qualified
    Designed for use in 5.56mm Rifles and machine guns with 1 in 7" twist, such as M16A2, M4 and Tavor
    Meets all STANAG 4172 and PFP (NAAG-LG/3-SG/1) D(2004)1 requirements
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-02-2021 at 06:00 PM.

@H_K.....that sucks that they described the Hornady as M855 ammo.
    Don't really recall seeing any M855 by Hornady, but if it was listed as M855 SS109 should hang on a magnet.

For the short attention span crowd, the answer is that the "old wives' tale" is not too far wrong but most likely only by accident. This guy uses a heapin' helpin of that 'logic' stuff to arrive at the same point (no old wives were harmed in the making of this video).

The True Distance of a Typical Gunfight

When we rely on statistics to help make important decisions, it's helpful to know if those stats are actually true. We’ve all heard that most gunfights take place at three yards. It’s part of the old “three shots, three yards, three seconds” standard. But where does that come from? Is it reliable? Do we have any other sources that are more reliable or more specific? Today, we're taking a critical look at the available data to find out what's myth and what's relevant for the average armed citizen for concealed carry....

In Louisiana, both houses have passed a Constitutional Carry bill and it's on its way to the governor with veto-proof majorities in both state houses.
    almostgone likes this.

....peeping sound looking @ ammo prices. Cheapest I'm finding boxer primed brass case FMJ 9mm is .58/round.

....peeping sound looking @ ammo prices. Cheapest I'm finding boxer primed brass case FMJ 9mm is .58/round.
    These days, that's pretty good. With the cost of primers now, I'm paying about that to hand make round at least. And I've not been able to get my favorite Power Pistol powder. I've been loading them with WSF shotgun powder.

Just saw Midway has UMC 500 round boxes of 9mm 115 grain FMJ coming soon for .61/round.
    P-D ammo has 200 round boxes of Winchester 9mm 115 grain FMJ for .58/round.
    P-D ammo also has 50 round boxes of their brand of 124 grain FMJ for .52/round.

I finally finished the Mauser:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-mauser61721.jpg  
    almostgone, Ernst and JaneDoe like this.

Cleaned up nicely, H_K. Looks like it just came from the armory..... actually better!

Cleaned up nicely, H_K. Looks like it just came from the armory..... actually better!
    Thanks. It's like a brand new 100 year old rifle. Actually, I took some liberties with the color of the stock and made it darker and redder than it should've been.

I thought it would pop a little more stained that way. But now, I did all that work to it, I don't want to shoot it.

Now that I'm done with that, I kind of want to try one that needs a little more work than that.

Thanks. It's like a brand new 100 year old rifle. Actually, I took some liberties with the color of the stock and made it darker and redder than it should've been.

I thought it would pop a little more stained that way. But now, I did all that work to it, I don't want to shoot it.

Now that I'm done with that, I kind of want to try one that needs a little more work than that.
    Aww....fire it a few times, write it down as a function check, wipe her down and put her up safely and scope out your next project.

I like the stain color...nice accent.
    The color reminds me of a well polished SA M1A.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Had to resurrect this one …

Guns and Ammo Thread-img_2664.jpg
    Guns and Ammo Thread-img_2666.jpg

Had my eye on one awhile now, finally “pulled the trigger”
    Tikka t3xlite roughtech stock chambered for 300 WM paired zeiss 4-16 glass I hope it shoots as smooth as she looks.
    Bolt is so nice by far the best action of any of my rifles feels much more expensive than what it is although this setup is far from cheap. Gonna zero her out at 200 yards hopefully soon

Oh, now that's nice! I think that was the model or very similar to one I looked at recently (just for shits and giggles). Composite stock, fluted barrel, but the bolt wasn't? I'm thinking the barrel was stainless and I don't think the scope came with one I handled.

If you aren't already, I would get into reloading. Lots of bullet weights to play with.

Edit: I'm trying to recall the caliber.....I want to say it was an 30-06? You'll get more thump with the 300 for sure.

Damn, I'm getting old. I can't recall if it was a Tikka or a Sako.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-07-2023 at 10:04 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Oh, now that's nice! I think that was the model or very similar to one I looked at recently (just for shits and giggles). Composite stock, fluted barrel, but the bolt wasn't? I'm thinking the barrel was stainless and I don't think the scope came with one I handled.

If you aren't already, I would get into reloading. Lots of bullet weights to play with.

Edit: I'm trying to recall the caliber.....I want to say it was an 30-06? You'll get more thump with the 300 for sure.

Damn, I'm getting old. I can't recall if it was a Tikka or a Sako.
    Both very similar rifles cant go wrong with either! The bolt is amazing on this thing. Hadnt seen many sakos recently tho
    almostgone likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Had to resurrect this one …

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2664.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	182718

Name:	IMG_2666.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1,020.7 KB 
ID:	182719

Had my eye on one awhile now, finally “pulled the trigger”
    Tikka t3xlite roughtech stock chambered for 300 WM paired zeiss 4-16 glass I hope it shoots as smooth as she looks.
    Bolt is so nice by far the best action of any of my rifles feels much more expensive than what it is although this setup is far from cheap. Gonna zero her out at 200 yards hopefully soon
    This thread should come with a: Boner Alert Warning

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I hate how America has the embargo against Russia. I have a neat Russian Saiga 12 guage that I can't import. The ATF keep bum steering me. Apparently Obama brought in the embargo in 2014 against Russian goods.

Guns and Ammo Thread-90d7d6f8-0bc8-4626-ae5c-3fdb1a46f04a.jpeg
    Last edited by Euroholic; 09-09-2023 at 06:59 AM.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member

M855/SS109 isnt steel core, its steel tip, general purpose light armor piercing.

IMO 55 grain/M193 is a better choice though

basically M855 will go straight through soft targets, M193 will fragment and cause very horrific damage. video shows these results conclusively

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I hate how America has the embargo against Russia. I have a neat Russian Saiga 12 guage that I can't import. The ATF keep bum steering me. Apparently Obama brought in the embargo in 2014 against Russian goods.

Name:	90D7D6F8-0BC8-4626-AE5C-3FDB1A46F04A.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	182721
    saiga 12s are cool, i have one as well. but the VEPR12 is better, i dont believe its affected by the import ban either

You sound like me. I bought a couple of "braces" for a PCC I haven't bought yet because I'm waiting for the prices on the gun to go down, but the braces might be "banned"* before that happens.

* Banned, not illegal, because Chairman Xiden runs the executive branch, but only the legislative branch has the power to make something 'illegal.'
    i stayed away from braces because i figured they would eventually be banned. but it looks like the courts have thrown that garbage out. im going to wait awhile to make sure its definitively put to bed, then i may buy a brace for my MP5 pistol, my draco AK pistol and my vector V51 HK91K pistol.

what id really like to see is the whole legal classification of short barreled rifle to be thrown out though, my full size uzi 9mm pistol would look sexy with a collapsible stock on it
    Last edited by JTP$; 09-10-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I'm picking up my first gun on Friday, it's a Taurus .22 revolver:

Guns and Ammo Thread-taurus_tracker_992_2-992069_ql-cc2e77b5.jpeg

It's only a 7-shot and I wanted a 10-shot, but I'm gonna get this gun for now and then maybe in the future I'll trade it for a Ruger 10-shot revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post

Name:	Taurus_Tracker_992_2-992069_QL-cc2e77b5.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	182725

It's only a 7-shot and I wanted a 10-shot, but I'm gonna get this gun for now and then maybe in the future I'll trade it for a Ruger 10-shot revolver.
    Who in their right mind is going to sell a gun to a nutcase like you (who has had multiple stints in the looney bin)? Just go stick to using gear to bench 90lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    M855/SS109 isnt steel core, its steel tip, general purpose light armor piercing.

IMO 55 grain/M193 is a better choice though

basically M855 will go straight through soft targets, M193 will fragment and cause very horrific damage. video shows these results conclusively

saiga 12s are cool, i have one as well. but the VEPR12 is better, i dont believe its affected by the import ban either

i stayed away from braces because i figured they would eventually be banned. but it looks like the courts have thrown that garbage out. im going to wait awhile to make sure its definitively put to bed, then i may buy a brace for my MP5 pistol, my draco AK pistol and my vector V51 HK91K pistol.

what id really like to see is the whole legal classification of short barreled rifle to be thrown out though, my full size uzi 9mm pistol would look sexy with a collapsible stock on it

I got told all Russian products are under the import ban?

Who in their right mind is going to sell a gun to a nutcase like you (who has had multiple stints in the looney bin)? Just go stick to using gear to bench 90lbs.

Gun rights are human rights. If he is a freeman on the streets and not in jail he has the basic right to bear arms.

I have the two things I need:

(1) No criminal or psychiatric record for the past 5 years
    (2) The owner of the gun club is a licensed firearms dealer, I've got him vouching for me as well as about 5 or 6 other members vouching for me

That's all you need over here.

Gun rights are human rights. If he is a freeman on the streets and not in jail he has the basic right to bear arms.
    Not where Kimbo lives, they're not. He's had multiple stays in the looney bin. Immediate disqualification just about everywhere from having a gun

Not where Kimbo lives, they're not. He's had multiple stays in the looney bin. Immediate disqualification just about everywhere from having a gun
    He might be crazy but he still deserves his human rights Regardless of where he lives. If he is a danger to society then he should be in jail. Otherwise bear whatever arm you wallet can allow you purchase.

Immediate disqualification just about everywhere from having a gun
    I thought the same, but the safety instructor at the gun range told me they only look at the last 5 years. I have a clean slate going back about 8 or 9 years, so I should be good.

He might be crazy but he still deserves his human rights Regardless of where he lives. If he is a danger to society then he should be in jail. Otherwise bear whatever arm you wallet can allow you purchase.
    Even in countries where anyone can get a gun, I think there should be restrictions for the people with a criminal or psychiatric history (but on a case by case basis).

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Guns and Ammo Thread-71623027477__42b00f14-7c6f-40c8-b7da-b5638f8ef118.jpg

First time I shot my 500. Man, what a gun. Insane power. The 300 win is nice, I had it zeroed in about 10 shots. Not as rowdy as I thought it would be. Very smooth sniper rifle

For reference L-R 300 win, 500 s&w, 5.56 nato
    Guns and Ammo Thread-img_2742.jpg

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Name:	Taurus_Tracker_992_2-992069_QL-cc2e77b5.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	182725

I thought all hand guns were band over here after the Dunblane shooting? I don’t have and gun licence but my best friend has shotgun (relatively easy to get) and a .22 rimfire rifle (a lot more difficult to get). I have been out shooting with him a few times. I have an air rifle in .22 extremely tame by the rest of the worlds standards, especially as it’s restricted to 12 foot pounds.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    I thought all hand guns were band over here after the Dunblane shooting? I don’t have and gun licence but my best friend has shotgun (relatively easy to get) and a .22 rimfire rifle (a lot more difficult to get). I have been out shooting with him a few times. I have an air rifle in .22 extremely tame by the rest of the worlds standards, especially as it’s restricted to 12 foot pounds.

If you search the internet about the gun laws for Northern Ireland, they make it sound like only famous people and politicians can get a handgun -- they must satisfy the police requirement that their life is under threat. But then you actually go to a gun club and it turns out that everyone has one, and they can bring them home too.

I think though, when applying for a firearms certificate over here, a few people in the club have to vouch for you. Plus you need to have a safe in your car and also in your house. You can never have a loaded gun apart from at the gun range -- in fact you can't even have a loaded magazine in your house or in your car.

A friend of mine has guns at home in Northern Ireland, and he keeps the guns and the ammo in two separate safes.

If you search the internet about the gun laws for Northern Ireland, they make it sound like only famous people and politicians can get a handgun -- they must satisfy the police requirement that their life is under threat. But then you actually go to a gun club and it turns out that everyone has one, and they can bring them home too.

I think though, when applying for a firearms certificate over here, a few people in the club have to vouch for you. Plus you need to have a safe in your car and also in your house. You can never have a loaded gun apart from at the gun range -- in fact you can't even have a loaded magazine in your house or in your car.

A friend of mine has guns at home in Northern Ireland, and he keeps the guns and the ammo in two separate safes.
    Like i say I’m no expert my friend is a lot more clued up then me, plus Northern Ireland might have different laws (and for some reason i thought they would be stricter)

I just thought hand guns were limited to single shot and had to be kept at the gun club, i do know some people still use flintlocks at gun clubs over here.

I know my friend can keep the .22 ammo in the same safe but it needs to be in a separate locked box in the gun safe. Plus the amount of ammo you can keep at home is heavily restricted.
    no open source posting

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Here’s the kind of fire power little stocky is sporting.

Guns and Ammo Thread-1a28cfa8-61f7-4046-9abc-665d3b99cef7.jpeg

Guns and Ammo Thread-65c761af-9254-4ebd-8d21-0cc654b60082.jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-dfa108d2-be33-4683-80fd-bba6591c5364.jpeg  
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    Here’s the kind of fire power little stocky is sporting.

Name:	1A28CFA8-61F7-4046-9ABC-665D3B99CEF7.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	182729

Name:	65C761AF-9254-4EBD-8D21-0CC654B60082.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	182731
    Some of the break barrel air rifles are fun to plink around with or thin out small game.
    stocky121 likes this.

Thread Information