Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1028Likes

Thread: Guns and Ammo Thread

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    For that revolver, I agree. GH mentioned he thought the grips we're original, and I'm thinking Bakelite was introduced in the early 1900s. . It was a big thing back then since prior to that it was wood or mother of pearl for the "fancy boy" firearms.
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Cool man, same as what I have, badass little cannon!
    Thats what I got it for but havent heard back about my concealed, I think a few incidents when I was a kid may have caught up with me.
    Hopefully not. Even after SC went to the new superduper computerized system years ago, it took mine 111 business days even though the SLED CWP regs state they "shall issue" within 90 days unless determined to be ineligible.
    BG and Obs like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Hopefully not. Even after SC went to the new superduper computerized system years ago, it took mine 111 business days even though the SLED CWP regs state they "shall issue" within 90 days unless determined to be ineligible.
    Cool.......there is stilla chance. Im thinking maybe because they had to get my records from NY also is taking time.......
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Cool.......there is stilla chance. Im thinking maybe because they had to get my records from NY also is taking time.......
    Damn... In my state it is black and white. If you can own a firearm you can concealed carry.

I dont believe in concealed carry though. Too many guys need their asses kicked and wind up shooting someone who was going to hand them their deserved ass beating.

I think people should carry it on their hip or wherever without getting in trouble if it gets covered by a coat.
    I think someone shooting someone unarmed should be prosecuted. Even if they were "assaulting them" in a male on male situation. If some guy is attacking a lady she should be allowed to put a bullet in his ass.
    I think any male who shoots someone because he was too much of a bitch to take a punch should go down for murder.

Used to be exactly this way.

Just old west mentality I guess.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Damn... In my state it is black and white. If you can own a firearm you can concealed carry.

I dont believe in concealed carry though. Too many guys need their asses kicked and wind up shooting someone who was going to hand them their deserved ass beating.

I think people should carry it on their hip or wherever without getting in trouble if it gets covered by a coat.
    I think someone shooting someone unarmed should be prosecuted. Even if they were "assaulting them" in a male on male situation. If some guy is attacking a lady she should be allowed to put a bullet in his ass.
    I think any male who shoots someone because he was too much of a bitch to take a punch should go down for murder.

Used to be exactly this way.

Just old west mentality I guess.
    I agree. Where the fuk you live......Wyoming?
    Obs likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Missouri.

Lots here have concealed carry. I want my gf to get one just because I want her to carry in her purse. She has been in a few situations where if I had been there I would have beat a guy pretty close to death.
    Pretty sure even on probation you can get one.
    Misdemeanors are misdemeanors afaik.
    Takes a felony to disqualify I believe

Attachment 174501

Or.... A misdemeanor involving a weapon... Good luck getting one of those. Lol! If a weapon is involved its always a felony here
    Last edited by Obs; 10-15-2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: "nidemanor" became misdemeanor... You would think I could spell it by now.

Obs
    Btw you must be 21 to purchase a handgun so 21 to concealed carry.

BG
    Nice, it is a good idea for woman, there was as many woman in my class as were men.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Same here, you can own you can open carry. Rifle or handgun.

Need permit to conceal...

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Nice, it is a good idea for woman, there was as many woman in my class as were men.
    That makes my heart feel good.
    BG likes this.

Obs
    Absolutely. I want mine to carry a DA revolver with a narrow grip. Want her to have control.
    Every chick carrying a revolver would put a big end to back alley rape.
    BG and almostgone like this.

I think the five seven pistol is the perfect carry option for a woman
    Obs likes this.

My wife loves her Glock 43.
    Obs and BG like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    My wife loves her Glock 43.
    My wife has a glock 43 9mm in the door of her tahoe, a s&w hammerless .38 in her pocketbook, and a Springfield .45 in the console. Of course, most that is my doing lol
    BG, Charlie67, sv.elia and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    My wife has a glock 43 9mm in the door of her tahoe, a s&w hammerless .38 in her pocketbook, and a Springfield .45 in the console. Of course, most that is my doing lol
    Correction Glock 42. My thumb is to big. Lol
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Btw if every chick carrys a gun... Black friday will be unbelievable.

BG
    LMao@all of you.
    Obs likes this.

Pffft....organized all my cleaning jags, brushes, grease, oils, patches, etc. today. Filled a 30mm ammo can.
    Capebuffalo and Obs like this.

Pffft....organized all my cleaning jags, brushes, grease, oils, patches, etc. today. Filled a 30mm ammo can.
    How'd the 320 do?

While doing a little fall cleaning today, I found 4,000 rounds of 75g hp .223's I forgot I had. Woohoo, lucky me!

While doing a little fall cleaning today, I found 4,000 rounds of 75g hp .223's I forgot I had. Woohoo, lucky me!
    I love 62 and 75 out my mini. Only weights that group tight at 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    How'd the 320 do?
    We had rain and I hated to borrow the man's pistol on a rainy day. Headed out early in the morning! I fully expect it to be as good as the Compact I shot. Very good trigger...minimal reset..and very ergonomic.

I'm sitting on Fat 50's jammed to the brim with 62s, but have been wanting to try something in the 70gr weight out of my ,20" A2 Windham. My midlength A4 Armalite seems to prefer 55 and 62s.

I'm sitting on Fat 50's jammed to the brim with 62s, but have been wanting to try something in the 70gr weight out of my ,20" A2 Windham. My midlength A4 Armalite seems to prefer 55 and 62s.
    75 hp work good for killing pigs

The minis twist rate don't like 55 at all. Performs like a smooth bore damn near.lol
    guitarzan likes this.

Obs
    Guy on a job handed me a 380 today (he was showing it off) barrel first. I wouldnt have minded.... But it was a jennings...
    I just about dove outta the way.

Check out my $40 380!
    No... Dont do that

Guy on a job handed me a 380 today (he was showing it off) barrel first. I wouldnt have minded.... But it was a jennings...

Check out my $40 380!
    No... Dont do that
    SMH. A Jennings I swear if I got shot by a Jennings, I'd crawl to the nearest gun store and make them finish me off with at least a taurus
    guitarzan and Obs like this.

Obs
    SMH. A Jennings I swear if I got shot by a Jennings, I'd crawl to the nearest gun store and make them finish me off with at least a taurus
    My sentiments exactly.
    Its like getting shot by a ... ... Idk...

Something really shiddy and dumb.

It was nickel plated at least. Shiny anyway... I think tey nickel plate. Rattlecanned or whatever.
    guitarzan likes this.

Guns and Ammo Thread-98474537-698c-4f9d-a409-94a458d1c9b7.jpg
    Obs, Couchlockd and guitarzan like this.

Just that of something that made me laugh. NATO requires military to use less lethal rounds, like fmj vs more lethal rounds like hp. Yet it's ok for a sniper to shoot someone in the head with a .338 lapua!

Just that of something that made me laugh. NATO requires military to use less lethal rounds, like fmj vs more lethal rounds like hp. Yet it's ok for a sniper to shoot someone in the head with a .338 lapua!
    They have been tinkering with the Mk318 SOST and the Mk262 for quite a while now. Probably the closest they will be able to get to a hp.

That's what I was thinking. .270Win is a bit much.

Check out my $40 380!
    No... Dont do that
    The muzzle is probably the safest end on those things.

Obs
    The muzzle is probably the safest end on those things.
    Not with the slipping sears on those things.
    I had a 22 that would go full auto if you bumped it.

I chambered a round on day and the jarring of the action made the sear slip. I shot the kitchen table and the bullet came back and hit me in the chest.

Not with the slipping sears on those things.
    I had a 22 that would go full auto if you bumped it.

I chambered a round on day and the jarring of the action made the sear slip. I shot the kitchen table and the bullet came back and hit me in the chest.
    But they are woefully inaccurate and unreliable. ..and I was joking.
    Totally agree that the muzzle end should never be presented unless you have to defend yourself, but those things are horrible.I picked one up at the hardware store just because it looked so crappy and I swear they are mainly cast and not an investment casting either. Pretty sure it was die cast.
    Just horrible.

Edit: I gently placed that thing back on the counter and walked away. You could even feel the parting lines from the casting process....just horrible.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-19-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    Obs likes this.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    I had a Jennings .25 years ago. Never had a single problem with it. It spent it's entire time in my toolbox, and I think I shot it 10 times. lol

Couldn't hit anything more than 10 yards away.

All this talk and a cup of coffee has me awake. It's in the mid 50s here. I'm headed to the range.
    Obs likes this.

But they are woefully inaccurate and unreliable. ..and I was joking.
    Totally agree that the muzzle end should never be presented unless you have to defend yourself, but those things are horrible.I picked one up at the hardware store just because it looked so crappy and I swear they are mainly cast and not an investment casting either. Pretty sure it was die cast.
    Just horrible.

Edit: I gently placed that thing back on the counter and walked away. You could even feel the parting lines from the casting process....just horrible.
    They are cast zinc.
    Obs likes this.

They are cast zinc.
    Figured that was about the composition.

Range bag is packed. Another half cup of coffee and I'm off.
    Obs likes this.

Figured that was about the composition.

Range bag is packed. Another half cup of coffee and I'm off.
    I once fixed a firing pin with a finishing nail and some lead solder. Just so it fired at least one time to sell.

BTW, still on patch, haven't smoked all week except for Sunday night as I drank the leftover liqour 8n the bottles at work (the tiny bits left in each bottle before they put a new one out.)

I had a bit of, makers, ketel 1, new amst. Titos, crown, fireball, honey jack and walker red. Had about 4oz combined. Drank it and then smoked a big 3\4 full butt from ashtray outside.

.don't judge me, I'm from the YO.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 10-19-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    Obs, almostgone and Capebuffalo like this.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information