Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 203
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: LETS QUIT SMOKING! together.

  1. #1
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355

    LETS QUIT SMOKING! together.

    I started smoking again like 4 months ago I was smoke-free for a damn year I need a quick I do not want to start my next blast while smoking.

    I know my buddy OBS started smoking again too

    I want to make this threat to help each other quit we can come here and hold each other accountable and also offer each other support and anybody else who wants to kick the nasty habit of tobacco welcome aboard!

    I have 8 cigarettes left in my pack and I do not plan on buying any more after that I will start the patch tomorrow
    Obs and BG like this.

  2. #2
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I started smoking again like 4 months ago I was smoke-free for a damn year I need a quick I do not want to start my next blast while smoking.

    I know my buddy OBS started smoking again too

    I want to make this threat to help each other quit we can come here and hold each other accountable and also offer each other support and anybody else who wants to kick the nasty habit of tobacco welcome aboard!

    I have 8 cigarettes left in my pack and I do not plan on buying any more after that I will start the patch tomorrow
    Nobody likes a quiter Couch.
    XnavyHMCS and Obs like this.

  3. #3
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Just kidding. Out of those 8 make 4 last until bed time. Crush the last 4. You got this. You’ve done it before. You can do it now.
    BG likes this.

  4. #4
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,522
    I quit last june, best thing I've ever done. Good luck to you, I know its hard
    BG likes this.

  5. #5
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    I think I may vape.
    BG likes this.

  6. #6
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Marlboro light is like vaping...
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

  7. #7
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,146
    You got this bro ... I don’t want to see you smoking.
    Too many people that I love are either sick or have died due to smoking.
    Just get in the habit of staying on a routine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

  8. #8
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I think I may vape.
    No vape

    Obs likes this.

  9. #9
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Marlboro light is like vaping...
    Ultra lights.
    Obs likes this.

  10. #10
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    ....

  11. #11
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    I quit 12 years ago. Cold turkey.

    Tried a few times with patches but cold turkey was the best way for me.

    Worst thing you can do to your body, they’ll be banned in the UK in 10 years or less I reckon.

    Good luck to all you quitters
    Obs and BG like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  12. #12
    TinyNutzzz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13
    Bro just start smoking weed. Boom problem solved plus its great for bulking,anxiety,pain and it stops the all around wanting to kill someone. Well atleast for me lol.. Hell you can even vap it or eat it...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

  13. #13
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyNutzzz View Post
    Bro just start smoking weed. Boom problem solved plus its great for bulking,anxiety,pain and it stops the all around wanting to kill someone. Well atleast for me lol.. Hell you can even vap it or eat it...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It can also cause drug induced psychosis in those who have a predisposition to mental illness. Don't get me wrong if it works for you, that's your call. But please don't be advocating rec drugs to people on here.
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.

  14. #14
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I quit 12 years ago. Cold turkey.

    Tried a few times with patches but cold turkey was the best way for me.

    Worst thing you can do to your body, they’ll be banned in the UK in 10 years or less I reckon.

    Good luck to all you quitters
    They make way too much on the tax to do that.

  15. #15
    TinyNutzzz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13
    Socio im pretty sure theres ample medical research on marijuana. Not to mention its not recreational if you have a medical card or live in a state that sells it. Were on a forumn for using AAS and youre bitching at me about weed. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    You may want to look at the forum rules... BG


    yes this is the anything goes lounge but this is not the I will be a rude to someone section. Your last comment (which I removed) was totally uncalled for.

    *admin*


    Looks like BG and I were doing this at the same time... great minds...
    Last edited by BG; 10-04-2018 at 06:32 PM.

  16. #16
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyNutzzz View Post
    Socio im pretty sure theres ample medical research on marijuana. Not to mention its not recreational if you have a medical card or live in a state that sells it. Were on a forumn for using AAS and youre bitching at me about weed. I
    There is ample research, some conditions it can be beneficial for dependent on how it's grown and for others it can be catastrophic. You do realise he wants to stop smoking for the health benefits..... so good job on advocating he takes a psychoactive substance to supplement the nicotine and carcinogenics.

    As for what you eat in your spare time that's your prerogative, but don't tell me about it.

  17. #17
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyNutzzz View Post
    Bro just start smoking weed. Boom problem solved plus its great for bulking,anxiety,pain and it stops the all around wanting to kill someone. Well atleast for me lol.. Hell you can even vap it or eat it...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Welcome Tinynutzz glad to see you here.

    Your telling me to smoke weed...... Betta check my resume. Lol

    Careful on the weed talk.

    I've been banned half a dozen times over it.

    And it does nothing to help you quit. I wish it did for me, but it doesn't.

    If I replaced my ciggs with joints I'd be catatonic, and probably be 300lbs
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 10-04-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    TinyNutzzz and almostgone like this.

  18. #18
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    There is ample research, some conditions it can be beneficial for dependent on how it's grown and for others it can be catastrophic. You do realise he wants to stop smoking for the health benefits..... so good job on advocating he takes a psychoactive substance to supplement the nicotine and carcinogenics.

    As for what you eat in your spare time that's your prerogative, but don't tell me about it.
    Also if you will please take your anti cannabis banter elsewhere.

    It's seriously pissing me off.

    Cuzz your incorrect on all accounts man.

  19. #19
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Ffs I just wanted a quit smoking support group thread.


    Attachment 174362
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

  20. #20
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyNutzzz View Post
    Socio im pretty sure theres ample medical research on marijuana. Not to mention its not recreational if you have a medical card or live in a state that sells it. Were on a forumn for using AAS and youre bitching at me about weed.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I would ease back on that type of attitude, Tiny, even if this is the lounge. Discussing cannabis use is a very fine line. It has been allowed to a small degree in the past strictly in a medicinal application, but even then it was closely monitored.

    Let's all get along and help the man quit the smoking the coffin nails!
    *Admin* and Capebuffalo like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  21. #21
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Also if you will please take your anti cannabis banter elsewhere.

    It's seriously pissing me off.

    Cuzz your incorrect on all accounts man.
    First of all I was polite in my initial response to him, he was advocating recs on here which as you said is not permitted so he derailed the thread. Secondly Science and psychiatric admission rates suggests I'm not wrong. I've seen too many people come into the hospital because of rec drugs that lose years of their life because of it. Advocating a substance that can cause such things isn't good for anyone, considering you are trying to give up an addiction I would hope you understand that.

    I hope you manage to quit the smoking.

  22. #22
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Couch, Obs, I had my own ashtray at 11. Smoked cigarettes off and on while on active duty, and then continued for several years until I finally quit.
    I caught pneumonia, coughed up something that looked like the inside of a rotten peach, and gave away all the cigs had.
    I worked in a shop full of smokers at the time but made my mind up to not buy nor bum a smoke ever again. Started chewing gum, still chew about 10-12 sticks a day now.
    With the price those things cost now, the money being spent would be enough of a deterrent!
    Obs and guitarzan like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  23. #23
    HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,886
    That's exactly what I did
    Used my laziness to my advantage for once
    Buy some patches, run out of cigarettes
    Then, if you get a craving, you don't NEED nicotine because you got the patch, and you have to drive all the way to the store to buy some. If you are lazy like me, it is too much work to drive to the store. Ezpz

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    First of all I was polite in my initial response to him, he was advocating recs on here which as you said is not permitted so he derailed the thread. Secondly Science and psychiatric admission rates suggests I'm not wrong. I've seen too many people come into the hospital because of rec drugs that lose years of their life because of it. Advocating a substance that can cause such things isn't good for anyone, considering you are trying to give up an addiction I would hope you understand that.

    I hope you manage to quit the smoking.
    No need to defend your stance (albeit archaic) regarding cannabis.

    Let's leave it at that, k?

  25. #25
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    It can also cause drug induced psychosis in those who have a predisposition to mental illness. Don't get me wrong if it works for you, that's your call. But please don't be advocating rec drugs to people on here.
    I believe this is me.
    I touch the stuff and it knocks me out while making me feel like absolute crap have tried a lotta times. Whatever good feeling people get from it I get opposite.
    TinyNutzzz, KennyJ and guitarzan like this.

  26. #26
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyNutzzz View Post
    Bro just start smoking weed. Boom problem solved plus its great for bulking,anxiety,pain and it stops the all around wanting to kill someone. Well atleast for me lol.. Hell you can even vap it or eat it...

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The tinynutz?
    Welcome man!
    TinyNutzzz likes this.

  27. #27
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Ffs I just wanted a quit smoking support group thread.


    Attachment 174362
    Its all good man. Dont be down snoop

  28. #28
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    No need to defend your stance (albeit archaic) regarding cannabis.

    Let's leave it at that, k?
    I'm not defending anything, merely sharing what contemporary scientific research suggests and working in mental health has shown me. I would be interested in hearing what your opinions are based on but that's a discussion for another time

    Hows the patch treating you?

  29. #29
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Mj should be legal.
    Period.

    Its killed about no one whereas the deadliest drug there is alcohol, is legal. The idea that it is illegal is absolutely ludicrous and makes me want to break people. As soon as the Regan ass kissing baby boomers die off and take thrir reefer madness eith them it will be made legal in all states.
    Last edited by Obs; 10-04-2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fuck

  30. #30
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    I'm not defending anything, merely sharing what contemporary scientific research suggests and working in mental health has shown me. I would be interested in hearing what your opinions are based on but that's a discussion for another time

    Hows the patch treating you?
    If you do a search under user name couchlock not couchlockd.

    You'll see my stance in it

    Btw, no one came into your ER from thc.

  31. #31
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Definitely alcohol and tobacco use put more people in skull orchard than most things.

    I wish both of you guys 100% success in dropping the cigs/nicotine!!
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  32. #32
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    If you do a search under user name couchlock not couchlockd.

    You'll see my stance in it

    Btw, no one came into your ER from thc.
    If you read what I said earlier, I made reference to how it is grown determining it's effects. I'm also confident that considering everyone has different numbers of various brain receptors/neurotransmitters that you cannot expect a universal response to a drug. This is why people have different reactions to drugs... why some are happy drunks or angry drunks. So I wouldnt be so confident stating that no one on THC has ever had an issue and unfortunately cannabis doesn't just come in strains that are high in thc.

  33. #33
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Definitely alcohol and tobacco use put more people in skull orchard than most things.

    I wish both of you guys 100% success in dropping the cigs/nicotine!!
    Thanks AG!

    I didn't want to but couch may force my hand.
    Part of why I love him
    almostgone likes this.

  34. #34
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Seriously, I wish both of you success in kicking the nicotine habit. Really good thread for support in stopping the use of tobacco.


    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  35. #35
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Thanks AG!

    I didn't want to but couch may force my hand.
    Part of why I love him
    LOL, nothing wrong with friends helping friends. . That's a good thing!!!!
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  36. #36
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    364
    You could compete against each other to an extent, it may help you both kick the habit
    Obs and almostgone like this.

  37. #37
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Socio. Couch is being very polite to a fault. He has requested no more. He wants to keep this his stop smoking thread. Please respect his wishes. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    almostgone and Obs like this.

  38. #38
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    You could compete against each other to an extent, it may help you both kick the habit

    I like the idea.

  39. #39
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    You could compete against each other to an extent, it may help you both kick the habit
    There we go.

    Whoever can smoke the least wins.
    Scoring will be determined by the amount of beer the individual consumes vs number of cigarettes.
    Bonus points for no cigarette after sex.
    Gf being a bitch, near death experience, work related assholes...

    Stress/enjoyment factor scoring index:

    No cig after sex +10
    Beer with no cigarette +1
    Morning coffee no cig +10
    Almost hit a dick, no cig +10
    Made it to noon no cig +20
    Made it noon to morning +20
    Gf being bitch/argument +10-50 (circumstancial)

    Other stress/enjoyment factors to be determined...

  40. #40
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,355
    Edutrd cuzz I went off the deep end

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •