• 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 5 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Family_guy

Thread: A note for my son...

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

A note for my son...

You were born and spent a week in intensive care at the hospital. That's when my worry started for you.
    No sleep, no longer worried for myself and what I was going to do for myself, my intentions shifted to you. My concern was not for the continuation of myself in you, it was for you to be something better.

I made a lot of mistakes, we saw hardship, and a lot of great times. I made my plans while you became your own person, life found its own course, and we were along for the ride.

A few times you saw my disappointment, this is when I saw myself in you. It seems the times I was most proud of you was when I realized how you didn't get many of my shortcomings as a person.

I watched you play alone many times out the window and thought about how much like me you were. You had my laugh and sense of humor from day one. You would find something hilarious no one else understood, but I did. You are the only one of your siblings who really enjoyed the quiet and entertained yourself with silent thought, often. That scared me too, because I hoped you hadn't found any darkness inside that amazing brain of yours.

You never looked to follow, always went your own path and thats one thing about you very similar to your old man, I hope you never lose. Don't let the world shape you, you shape it. You make them react, you just be you and act on what you know. Always be curteous, hold the door. Leave every place better than you found it. Hold yourself to your own higer standards and never waver. When everyone else is folding you stand true.

When you find a friend like a brother, you stand with them through the darkest storm even if it kills you. Let no one take advantage of you and you take advantage of no one. Choose your battles to win but never back down or give up.
    You have a conscience like me, it can be a blessing or a curse. Betray it once and you will know what true pain is.

Use your motivation, build your work ethic, hold things sacred, and you can outdo any amoung you. You have my anger. I realized that when you would get pissed off learning to tie your shoes. You would get so mad you would cry, but barely flinched getting stiches or getting banged up riding your bike.

There is a fire burning inside you like very few have. If you learn to channel it into forward motion and a goal, the world will lie at your feet.

The honor I have spoke of, you must never lose. It's not what they see. It's what you see when you lay down at night. I want you to work like 10 others but when you lay down at night, I want my boy to know peace and rest.

Someday soon you will meet a girl and I want you to understand that just because you love her you may not get it back. It hurts, it hurts like hell, but there is one out there that will. It may take a lot of digging to find her. It may take a lot of pain and time. When you find that one that is concerned only for you and loves you above all, gives you everything she's got... You grab on with both hands and never let go, come hell.

People get selfish and you will too, as will she. You never betray her! Ever! Never let her betray you. Once you have found her doesn't mean you won. You have to show her every day and give her all the love you got. This will be the only person on earth that has the power to undo you with a few words. Never forget that goes the other way too, so watch your tongue.

Don't rush into marriage or having kids. You already know why. Sometimes the things we want and love just don't feel the same way. It takes time to figure this out.

You find out what your passion is, you find out who you are, and make it happen. Then you will have a good base for your family when you are ready for one. It takes time!

I can't apologize for all my shortcomings. I didn't know half of what I know now when you came into my life. Your mother and I just weren't meant for each other and the fault is shared equally between us. We both love you and we both made big mistakes. The pain this caused is something I don't want you to endure any more than you have, but keep in mind... This is how we got you. You are the light of our lives and anything bad we went through is nothing but a rainy day, since we have you and you have us.

You are coming up in a world where people are lacking fathers, a moral compass, or any real sense of belonging. You have a lot of advantages I want you to use.

I want our family to be strong. The day may come when you resent me for a time, but I will always forgive you. Don't stay gone too long, that would kill your old man. I did it to your grandparents while I was coming of age and learning about life. I see now how bad I hurt them in the years I was away. I may be broken down in time as will your mother, but one day we won't be there any more... no matter how much we want to stay.

Mind your conscience, some things I won't always be there to tell you a second time.

You have a conquering spirit like your father. Don't let that cause you to do things you regret. We will all have regret, but be wise and learn from mistakes. I want the world for you, but I want you to have peace when its time.

Always be prepared for your family. They depend on you. Always leave two exits to any given situation. Never back yourself into a corner and never back anyone else into a corner.

I pray every day I make it to the ground before any of you. That worries me beyond words sometimes. If all goes according to plan I want you to carry me to my grave with a full heart and peace, not regret and sadness. Remember what I have told you.

It may be a hell of a distance from this note to that cemetary, a lot can happen on the way, watch where you walk, my son. I love you.

Obs

A note to my daughter...

I love you my little princess angel buttercup!
    You couldn't do anything wrong if you tried!
    Here's $100!

Listen to your mother.
    Stay away from boys! They are nasty!
    Never talk to a boy they lie all the damn time! All of them! I will kill them!

If you need anything ever you already know!
    Love you!

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Obs earns his description for sure..
    A little man with a big heart...lol...good words bro.-)

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's Dr.Silabolin View Post
    Obs earns his description for sure..
    A little man with a big heart...lol...good words bro.-)
    Lmao! Smnardass

BOPJohnDoe is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    You were born and spent a week in intensive care at the hospital. That's when my worry started for you.
    No sleep, no longer worried for myself and what I was going to do for myself, my intentions shifted to you. My concern was not for the continuation of myself in you, it was for you to be something better.

I made a lot of mistakes, we saw hardship, and a lot of great times. I made my plans while you became your own person, life found its own course, and we were along for the ride.

A few times you saw my disappointment, this is when I saw myself in you. It seems the times I was most proud of you was when I realized how you didn't get many of my shortcomings as a person.

I watched you play alone many times out the window and thought about how much like me you were. You had my laugh and sense of humor from day one. You would find something hilarious no one else understood, but I did. You are the only one of your siblings who really enjoyed the quiet and entertained yourself with silent thought, often. That scared me too, because I hoped you hadn't found any darkness inside that amazing brain of yours.

You never looked to follow, always went your own path and thats one thing about you very similar to your old man, I hope you never lose. Don't let the world shape you, you shape it. You make them react, you just be you and act on what you know. Always be curteous, hold the door. Leave every place better than you found it. Hold yourself to your own higer standards and never waver. When everyone else is folding you stand true.

When you find a friend like a brother, you stand with them through the darkest storm even if it kills you. Let no one take advantage of you and you take advantage of no one. Choose your battles to win but never back down or give up.
    You have a conscience like me, it can be a blessing or a curse. Betray it once and you will know what true pain is.

Use your motivation, build your work ethic, hold things sacred, and you can outdo any amoung you. You have my anger. I realized that when you would get pissed off learning to tie your shoes. You would get so mad you would cry, but barely flinched getting stiches or getting banged up riding your bike.

There is a fire burning inside you like very few have. If you learn to channel it into forward motion and a goal, the world will lie at your feet.

The honor I have spoke of, you must never lose. It's not what they see. It's what you see when you lay down at night. I want you to work like 10 others but when you lay down at night, I want my boy to know peace and rest.

Someday soon you will meet a girl and I want you to understand that just because you love her you may not get it back. It hurts, it hurts like hell, but there is one out there that will. It may take a lot of digging to find her. It may take a lot of pain and time. When you find that one that is concerned only for you and loves you above all, gives you everything she's got... You grab on with both hands and never let go, come hell.

People get selfish and you will too, as will she. You never betray her! Ever! Never let her betray you. Once you have found her doesn't mean you won. You have to show her every day and give her all the love you got. This will be the only person on earth that has the power to undo you with a few words. Never forget that goes the other way too, so watch your tongue.

Don't rush into marriage or having kids. You already know why. Sometimes the things we want and love just don't feel the same way. It takes time to figure this out.

You find out what your passion is, you find out who you are, and make it happen. Then you will have a good base for your family when you are ready for one. It takes time!

I can't apologize for all my shortcomings. I didn't know half of what I know now when you came into my life. Your mother and I just weren't meant for each other and the fault is shared equally between us. We both love you and we both made big mistakes. The pain this caused is something I don't want you to endure any more than you have, but keep in mind... This is how we got you. You are the light of our lives and anything bad we went through is nothing but a rainy day, since we have you and you have us.

You are coming up in a world where people are lacking fathers, a moral compass, or any real sense of belonging. You have a lot of advantages I want you to use.

I want our family to be strong. The day may come when you resent me for a time, but I will always forgive you. Don't stay gone too long, that would kill your old man. I did it to your grandparents while I was coming of age and learning about life. I see now how bad I hurt them in the years I was away. I may be broken down in time as will your mother, but one day we won't be there any more... no matter how much we want to stay.

Mind your conscience, some things I won't always be there to tell you a second time.

You have a conquering spirit like your father. Don't let that cause you to do things you regret. We will all have regret, but be wise and learn from mistakes. I want the world for you, but I want you to have peace when its time.

Always be prepared for your family. They depend on you. Always leave two exits to any given situation. Never back yourself into a corner and never back anyone else into a corner.

I pray every day I make it to the ground before any of you. That worries me beyond words sometimes. If all goes according to plan I want you to carry me to my grave with a full heart and peace, not regret and sadness. Remember what I have told you.

It may be a hell of a distance from this note to that cemetary, a lot can happen on the way, watch where you walk, my son. I love you.
    You wrote all of that born? That was beautiful. It made me think of my sons (11 and 12 years old) and I almost cried reading it. Good words and very heartfelt. I am in awe. Wow.
    BG and Obs like this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Born , you may be a silly and crazy funny mother fucker but I can tell you have a heart of gold ... wish some of you dudes lived close to me , would have been really cool to tackle life together.
    As always if you ever need to talk , don’t hesitate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BG and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by BOPJohnDoe View Post
    You wrote all of that born? That was beautiful. It made me think of my sons (11 and 12 years old) and I almost cried reading it. Good words and very heartfelt. I am in awe. Wow.
    Thanks JD, yes I wrote it. Things I gotta say yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    Born , you may be a silly and crazy funny mother fucker but I can tell you have a heart of gold ... wish some of you dudes lived close to me , would have been really cool to tackle life together.
    As always if you ever need to talk , don’t hesitate

Thanks man same to you
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    Obs you are a great writer...that piece was beautiful and I did tear up as I am an emotional person and I could feel the love through your words...I hope your family appreciates you and knows what a good man you are as we all do...
    Family_guy, Obs, BG and 1 others like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    Obs you are a great writer...that piece was beautiful and I did tear up as I am an emotional person and I could feel the love through your words...I hope your family appreciates you and knows what a good man you are as we all do...
    Thanks gb.
    I hope they know too. They are all gonna forget sometimes for a bit. Its human nature.
    You can see my note to my daughter needs some work lol! I get lost trying to teach her things
    ghettoboyd and BG like this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it made me fucking Cry 2 you need to start a radio talk show or something obs
    Obs likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok, now I don’t feel as bad. I was going to get my estrogen checked.

i_SLAM_cougars, Obs, BG and 2 others like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

I wish I could be 1/2 the father you are.

Cowboymike likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I wish I could be 1/2 the father you are.

I wish I were a better father.
    I amsure you are 2x what I am
    BG likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Deep Obs. Just deep.
    Made me think.
    BG, Obs and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    A+ pal, just make sure they know.
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good stuff brother
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Getting my kids for the summer soon.
    Bout time.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

I love you my little princess angel buttercup!
    You couldn't do anything wrong if you tried!
    Here's $100!

Listen to your mother.
    Stay away from boys! They are nasty!
    Never talk to a boy they lie all the damn time! All of them! I will kill them!

If you need anything ever you already know!
    Love you!
    Man, you really need to make some spare copies of this and put it up for them somewhere to appreciate and reflect on as they get older.

I can promise you they will treasure it and it may inspire them to do the same for their children one day.
    Family_guy and Obs like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Man, you really need to make some spare copies of this and put it up for them somewhere to appreciate and reflect on as they get older.

I can promise you they will treasure it and it may inspire them to do the same for their children one day.
    Thanks AG but I feel unworthy of late.
    They will know, whether they will listen and believe or not is the question.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Agreed. That’s awesome. Parents rarely express how they really feel like that. Some day they will be able to look back when your gone and things like that will remind them of what a great father you were
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    I dont want to forget this. I lose a little every day I gain.

Thread Information