Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Ufc 229!!

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I didnt see that but thats what I have always said. Smack talk and building up the fight is what makes their paychecks. Then again maybe the entire thing was just them promoting the next fight lol
    Tbh the ufc is getting so much like wwe everyday that honestly you could be right it's getting a bit frustrating now all the white noise that the fighters do now. Gimme the shut the fck up attitude and let the fighting talk but the plastic fans don't understand that sadly.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Tbh the ufc is getting so much like wwe everyday that honestly you could be right it's getting a bit frustrating now all the white noise that the fighters do now. Gimme the shut the fck up attitude and let the fighting talk but the plastic fans don't understand that sadly.
    Yep. Most of them want drama and not the sport.
    Though I must admit I only watch the big name fights anymore. Its not cuz of the drama so much as I just like watching high level fighters that have mastered the craft

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    McGregor reminds me of Mike Tyson. Ie if he doesn't clean house quickly he gives up and looses his mental edge.

Nate diaz fucked him up as the fight went on in the first one. And in the 2nd fight with Diaz he won just about not totally convincally imo.
    For a period of about two years, Tyson was the most dominant, most formidable heavyweight fighter ever to set foot in the ring.

Because of all the controversy surrounding his later years a lot of people overlook (or might not have ever known, if they weren't around then) that the young Mike Tyson was a disciplined and polished boxer. When he was just 14 there were adult (amateur) fighters refusing to fight him. Cus D'Amato adopted Tyson and spent four years turning him into a machine. He had footwork, head movement, he stayed off the centerline, and when Kevin Rooney called out a combination, Tyson delivered. He turned pro in 1985 and fought 15 times in 10 months. Fifteen!! And he won every fight by KO/TKO in no more than four rounds, 11 of the 15 ending in the first.

Tyson was 220 pounds of rage and fury that Cus had learned how to keep bottled up and only let it out for three minutes at a time. But there was nothing dainty about he, nothing graceful, just sheer brute force. My father used to tell me stories about how Rocky Marciano punched so hard he't hit men in the arms when their guard was up and still knock them out. That's how Tyson beat Trevor Berbick to take the WBC belt. Berbick was on the ropes and covered up and Tyson rocked him with a punch to his arms. Then came the coup de grâce.

But Cus died in 1985. That still left the other two of Tyson's original three "godfathers," Bill Cayton and Jimmy Jacobs (the world's greatest handball player). He was still dominant enough that I can clearly remember the look of fear on Michael Spinks face as he walked to the ring to fight Tyson in 1988. I can't say I ever saw a professional fighter look so defeated before he ever set foot in the ring.

That fight lasted 91 seconds.

That same year, Jimmy Jacobs died and Don King took up residence inside Tyson's head. Tyson fired not only Bill Cayton (who he replaced with King, natch) but also his longtime corner man, Kevin Rooney. And he married Robin Givens (Cus had always insisted he stay away from women). King surrounded Tyson with a bunch of "Yes-Men" who either didn't have a clue how or didn't see the need to keep the demon in Tyson bottled up.

Two years and three fights later, a stumblebum by name of Buster Douglas KOed Tyson in Tokyo.

So Don King's Mike Tyson might have been inconsistent and undisciplined, but Cus D'Amato's Mike Tyson was the most perfect heavyweight fighter who ever lived.

I think McGregor tanked in the first Diaz fight. He spent the first round hitting Nate as hard as he'd ever hit any human being but all that got him was spattered with Diaz's blood. His chief problem was that coming into the fight he had failed to grasp that the Diaz brothers both earn their livings from collecting scar tissue. And Nate was a much bigger man, and much harder to knock out.

Seconds into the 2nd round McGregor realized he was getting hit harder than he was hitting. He was out of gas, out of ideas and out of hope. You could see the look of despair about him right before Diaz took him down. And he gave up his neck just a little too easily.

But, hey, even if it's all downhill from here, McGregor's already been to the mountaintop. He was a challenger who the bookies rated the underdog for this fight but he took home $3 million to Nurmagomedov's $2 million (and that's assuming Nurmagomedov ever gets paid). So even if that's all there is, it has been one hell of a ride. Props to him for that.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 10-09-2018 at 09:55 AM.

In the run-up to this fight, Dana was bragging that it was going to sell 3 million PPVs. Yesterday he dialed that back to 2 million. MMA Payout is estimating 1.5 million (based on gate attendance and early purchases).

It's got to smart knowing your estimates were high by 100% and you paid the loser of the fight $3 million.

Jose Aldo wants McGregor necks, so that prospect apparently appeals to him more than his announced retirement.

Which to me makes more sense than giving McGregor Nurmagomedov again straightway.
    BG likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Jose Aldo wants McGregor necks, so that prospect apparently appeals to him more than his announced retirement.

Which to me makes more sense than giving McGregor Nurmagomedov again straightway.
    Thats a great deal for both. Let McGregor get another fight in and Aldo a chance at redemption..........I like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    In the run-up to this fight, Dana was bragging that it was going to sell 3 million PPVs. Yesterday he dialed that back to 2 million. MMA Payout is estimating 1.5 million (based on gate attendance and early purchases).

It's got to smart knowing your estimates were high by 100% and you paid the loser of the fight $3 million.
    Not sure what your getting at but 1.5 million ppv multiplied by 65$ = 90,000,000$
    Obs likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Not sure what your getting at but 1.5 million ppv multiplied by 65$ = 90,000,000$
    Dana White net worth and salary: Dana White is an American businessman and sports promoter who has a net worth of $500 million. Dana White is best known for being the current President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), a mixed martial arts organization.

His life is in shambles after that extra kick to Conor.
    BG likes this.

It turns out that more than being suspended by the NSAC, more than losing his $2 mil payday, Nurmagomedov feared the ass-whoopin' his old man was going to put on him when he got home over the brouhaha after the fight. Probably with good reason, since they quoted his Pop saying, "I will impose a punishment tougher than the UFC’s."

“For me, discipline comes first. You do whatever you want in the Octagon, [but] outside — this is the border of civilians, where there are children, women, strangers.”

Damn if he don't sound like my old man.

So a friend of Khabib's tried to calm him down. This friend (who I don't think Khabib knew he had) was George W.'s old pal, Pootie-Poot. Vladimir Putin. He tweeted a request to the Dad not to punish Khabib too heavily.

And in another story, Jones-Gustaffson II is on for UFC 232 on 29 December.
    BG likes this.

BG
    It turns out that more than being suspended by the NSAC, more than losing his $2 mil payday, Nurmagomedov feared the ass-whoopin' his old man was going to put on him when he got home over the brouhaha after the fight. Probably with good reason, since they quoted his Pop saying, "I will impose a punishment tougher than the UFC’s."

“For me, discipline comes first. You do whatever you want in the Octagon, [but] outside — this is the border of civilians, where there are children, women, strangers.”

Damn if he don't sound like my old man.

So a friend of Khabib's tried to calm him down. This friend (who I don't think Khabib knew he had) was George W.'s old pal, Pootie-Poot. Vladimir Putin. He tweeted a request to the Dad not to punish Khabib too heavily.

And in another story, Jones-Gustaffson II is on for UFC 232 on 29 December.
    I bet his dad was pissed, he has poured a lifetime into those kids. Great story, ton of respect for his pops, gave his families children a way out instead of the streets.

DCI
    For a period of about two years, Tyson was the most dominant, most formidable heavyweight fighter ever to set foot in the ring.

Because of all the controversy surrounding his later years a lot of people overlook (or might not have ever known, if they weren't around then) that the young Mike Tyson was a disciplined and polished boxer. When he was just 14 there were adult (amateur) fighters refusing to fight him. Cus D'Amato adopted Tyson and spent four years turning him into a machine. He had footwork, head movement, he stayed off the centerline, and when Kevin Rooney called out a combination, Tyson delivered. He turned pro in 1985 and fought 15 times in 10 months. Fifteen!! And he won every fight by KO/TKO in no more than four rounds, 11 of the 15 ending in the first.

Tyson was 220 pounds of rage and fury that Cus had learned how to keep bottled up and only let it out for three minutes at a time. But there was nothing dainty about he, nothing graceful, just sheer brute force. My father used to tell me stories about how Rocky Marciano punched so hard he't hit men in the arms when their guard was up and still knock them out. That's how Tyson beat Trevor Berbick to take the WBC belt. Berbick was on the ropes and covered up and Tyson rocked him with a punch to his arms. Then came the coup de grâce.

But Cus died in 1985. That still left the other two of Tyson's original three "godfathers," Bill Cayton and Jimmy Jacobs (the world's greatest handball player). He was still dominant enough that I can clearly remember the look of fear on Michael Spinks face as he walked to the ring to fight Tyson in 1988. I can't say I ever saw a professional fighter look so defeated before he ever set foot in the ring.

That fight lasted 91 seconds.

That same year, Jimmy Jacobs died and Don King took up residence inside Tyson's head. Tyson fired not only Bill Cayton (who he replaced with King, natch) but also his longtime corner man, Kevin Rooney. And he married Robin Givens (Cus had always insisted he stay away from women). King surrounded Tyson with a bunch of "Yes-Men" who either didn't have a clue how or didn't see the need to keep the demon in Tyson bottled up.

Two years and three fights later, a stumblebum by name of Buster Douglas KOed Tyson in Tokyo.

So Don King's Mike Tyson might have been inconsistent and undisciplined, but Cus D'Amato's Mike Tyson was the most perfect heavyweight fighter who ever lived.

I think McGregor tanked in the first Diaz fight. He spent the first round hitting Nate as hard as he'd ever hit any human being but all that got him was spattered with Diaz's blood. His chief problem was that coming into the fight he had failed to grasp that the Diaz brothers both earn their livings from collecting scar tissue. And Nate was a much bigger man, and much harder to knock out.

Seconds into the 2nd round McGregor realized he was getting hit harder than he was hitting. He was out of gas, out of ideas and out of hope. You could see the look of despair about him right before Diaz took him down. And he gave up his neck just a little too easily.

But, hey, even if it's all downhill from here, McGregor's already been to the mountaintop. He was a challenger who the bookies rated the underdog for this fight but he took home $3 million to Nurmagomedov's $2 million (and that's assuming Nurmagomedov ever gets paid). So even if that's all there is, it has been one hell of a ride. Props to him for that.
    I never said Tyson wasn't amazing or skilled at all. He just didn't have that dig deep deep into yourself and push through the heart ache the pain to force that win when he lost.

He had the same mentality as Mcgregor. When shit got real he shit himself. Look at McGregor he didn't even try to defend he juat gave up. He sat down on the edge of the ring dazed and confused. Hey we all have given up but none of us have talked that much shit and then give up that fast.

BG
    but none of us have talked that much shit and then give up that fast.
    For sure, second time he gave his back up to get out of a fight (Diaz).

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    For sure, second time he gave his back up to get out of a fight (Diaz).
    Exactly, if it doesn't go completely to plan its like he gets totally thrown off his game. Which is sad as he is a great fighter in many regards and has elevated the game in certain aspects etc but giving up that easy is never good.

And his comment to Khabib also stating that its just business is very odd. Khabib clearly doesn't give a fuck about money etc hence his posts to the ufc stating keep my money etc.

If you've got a video of this last fight, watch the very end closely. McGregor reached up and just touched Khabib's left forearm twice a few seconds apart before he committed to the tap. Kind of like the way people intending to cut their wrists will make a few shallow 'test cuts' (known as "hesitation cuts") to see how much it's going to hurt before they go whole hog. Conor didn't even try to pull himself free, just reached up and laid his hand every so gently against Khabib's forearm.

You've got to admit, there is a certain economy to giving up when you know you've lost. That was something I noticed in the new US-based bare knuckle boxing championship. In just two events there were several cases of fighters verbally submitting when it was obvious to all concerned that continuing was only going to buy them a longer recovery before their next fight.

But that doesn't seem to be the tradition in MMA. Like when Frank Mir snapped Tim Silvia's forearm. Which Herb Dean could clearly hear and see. so he stopped the fight. And Silvia was royally pissed. Or when Jon Jones finished a fight with one of his big toes dangling loosely from his foot. There ain't no 'quit' in some of those guys.

McGregor just isn't a member of their club.

Obs
    Was messing around the deep dark web last night.
    Found a place with a lifetime pass to ufc ppv for 8 bucks.
    Not sure how that would work exactly.
    I also found other things I won't say.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand
    Your telling me.
    I can't even get finished oils from china yet somehow there are people ordering... Jeeez

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Your telling me.
    I can't even get finished oils from china yet somehow there are people ordering... Jeeez
    The dark web is a scary place bro
    Obs likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information