Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten

Thread: How did you market your service/ yourself/ product?

Fiskevatten is offline Member

How did you market your service/ yourself/ product?

Yesterday I got hired as a consultant for a English company visiting Sweden to rent an office.
    I got motivated and interested when the company told me their story from nothing to success.

To make a long story short.
    They told me that they tried the traditional marketing method with TV, News, Flyers, you name it - and all went to sh*t!
    After a year they changed to solely marketing on Instagram and the profit/ customers base sky-rocket.
    I've been looking in to them and they now work with companies like Versace, Gucci and many others, and they managed to reach
    these clients in 2-3 years.
    Profit seems to be great!
    They started with just 2000 gpb apparently.

I'm starting a few businesses myself and wanted to go through Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
    I've been warned to go with Facebook because of the price, regulations and the few quality leads the ads lead to.

Wanted to see if anyone else have a marketing story to share and what you guys recommend?
    Please share!

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Yesterday I got hired as a consultant for a English company visiting Sweden to rent an office.
    I got motivated and interested when the company told me their story from nothing to success.

To make a long story short.
    They told me that they tried the traditional marketing method with TV, News, Flyers, you name it - and all went to sh*t!
    After a year they changed to solely marketing on Instagram and the profit/ customers base sky-rocket.
    I've been looking in to them and they now work with companies like Versace, Gucci and many others, and they managed to reach
    these clients in 2-3 years.
    Profit seems to be great!
    They started with just 2000 gpb apparently.

I'm starting a few businesses myself and wanted to go through Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
    I've been warned to go with Facebook because of the price, regulations and the few quality leads the ads lead to.

Wanted to see if anyone else have a marketing story to share and what you guys recommend?
    Please share!
    If it is a product you are marketing I would say FB is the way to go if it is uncommon especially.

If it is a trades service I would stay away from facebook. I have kept a 5 star reputation. Once upon a time I ran adds on facebook just to find the competition trash talking. Many of my customers would hand it right back to them, but the entire thing was unsavory. Getting people to argue about your business is attention getting but in the meantime some other guy not caught up in the drama gets the business.

A good product or service sells itself. For a product, paid ads on fb are able to meet a huge specific demographic quickly. For a service though, depending on what it is, I can see it easily being detrimental. Services require time and word of mouth to grow.

I hate facebook in general. People like to take out their frustrations at their shitty lives and it can injure business. I have never had unsatisfied customer, all demands are met and in writing. FB is only a help in my immediate locale when former customers recommend me. I got tired of throwing money at ads to watch some gen Y fucker fuck the ad up in the comments though they know nothing about my business.

Whatever you do, never attach your personal name to a business profile. Even if it is in private setting.
    Make an account specifically for that business, dont just "add a page".

Facebook makes me money when I stay off of it.

Also to those who like leaving shitty reviews for any reasin they can find... Think about wtf you are doing. You are hurting every person involved in that business when you leave a shitty review. Say someting positive or shut the fuck up.

Your doddling waitress who was up all night with a sick kid doesn't need to lose her job because you are an ass fuck who only cares about yourself. You never know the full story, so fucking act like it when you leave a review that negatively impacts everyone in a business.
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Damn dude! Sounds like you've seen both the shiny and the more dark side of FB marketing!
    I agree, it's way too many shitty comments on everything these days actually, one of the reasons many youtube channels goes down hard and break someone mentally...

I wanted to give fb a shot as well, but since I will focus on the american market mainly, it's a little hard figuring out the settings.
    Don't wanna copy someone from a youtube video, but I guess I have to.
    Sweden has 10 m people, US has 320> mil

Pinterest has apparently risen to become a GREAT source for marketing, being able to reach loads of people from a single keyword.
    Saw some video about a health blog company dragging in millions and they only market on Pinterest with a picture and a link to their site.

Instagram works as long as you can reach the owner of the page and that the page is not over-used and have active members.
    Pretty cheap marketing through Instagram.

I might try going through forums as well since words travel fast if you have something good. I'm going with a comedy theme from my own version of "Bromance", so I'm guessing I will
    have a few I can reach with that.

Love the difference between Sweden and the US when it's about earning money.
    When you talk about becoming a millionair, that would be in USD. We use SEK and have the exact same way of talking here, but the amount is crazy different.
    100 SEK is what it cost to eat out in most places here (normal), that is 11.2 USD.
    Making a million here would be a lot but not enough to buy a home, earning an American million would we set for life just by living on interest alone.

Starting to get very interested in marketing and how the mind works with ads and a few lines of text.
    My goal is just setting something up that can give me enough passive income so I can travel when and where I want, that's it.

Appreciate the input Obs!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Pinterest or instagram from what I know of them seem like they could be an awesome marketing platform

Thread Information