Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Superhumans- we are already here...

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Superhumans- we are already here...

https://dailygalaxy.com/2018/10/step...igning-beings/

“Once such superhumans appear, there are going to be significant political problems with the unimproved humans, who won’t be able to compete,” suggests the late physicist and author Stephen Hawking in The Sunday Times. “Presumably, they will die out, or become unimportant. Instead, there will be a race of self-designing beings who are improving themselves at an ever-increasing rate. If the human race manages to redesign itself, it will probably spread out and colonize other planets and stars.”
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Hawking towards the end was notorious about his pessimistic doom and gloom articles. He is way outside his bounds talking about gene editing, although he maybe right. It’s been argued that cybernetic human implants will come first and be relatively speaking, much easier. We already see people improving themselves with physical implants to change appearance. I’ve had lasix eye surgery to improve my vision.

The second part of that, if our next step as a human race is to colonize the galaxy. It would only make sense for us to integrate with technology rather than modify our biology. Simply because biology can only function in an extremely narrow set of environmental perimeters and is weak. Where as by upgrading our selves to be a biological-mechanic symbiot. We can mechanize our weaknesses, repair and replace what’s broke and adapt instantly to a new world or environment.

For example, we know that the human skeleton suffers Dramatic bone loss with prolonged exposure to weightlessness. As such it would also suffer greatly if we discovered a new habitual planet that was below 1G in total earth gravity. Or if it was 1.25 or more G’s more in gravity. As the latter would increase arthritic changes to the skeleton.

But if we were to enhance our skeletal system through biomechanical means, a person could conceivably go an habitat both new planets and suffer no ill effect?

I think we will also edit and enhance our DNA but it’s not nearly as easy as It seems. We just learned about the epigenome and how it changes our biology and as rescently as 2005 we thought 90% of our genome was “junk,” DNA and had no purpose. We still have a very long way to go to before will be able to manipulate favorable genes at the embryonic stage which is just one cell. (which I’m sure it’s being tried) And come out with both favorable and reproducible outcomes. It’s a whole other matter to manipulate the genes of a living person and get a favorable and reproducible outcome in all of the trillions of cells in the adult body.
    HoldMyBeer and Obs like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Hawking towards the end was notorious about his pessimistic doom and gloom articles. He is way outside his bounds talking about gene editing, although he maybe right. It’s been argued that cybernetic human implants will come first and be relatively speaking, much easier. We already see people improving themselves with physical implants to change appearance. I’ve had lasix eye surgery to improve my vision.

The second part of that, if our next step as a human race is to colonize the galaxy. It would only make sense for us to integrate with technology rather than modify our biology. Simply because biology can only function in an extremely narrow set of environmental perimeters and is weak. Where as by upgrading our selves to be a biological-mechanic symbiot. We can mechanize our weaknesses, repair and replace what’s broke and adapt instantly to a new world or environment.

For example, we know that the human skeleton suffers Dramatic bone loss with prolonged exposure to weightlessness. As such it would also suffer greatly if we discovered a new habitual planet that was below 1G in total earth gravity. Or if it was 1.25 or more G’s more in gravity. As the latter would increase arthritic changes to the skeleton.

But if we were to enhance our skeletal system through biomechanical means, a person could conceivably go an habitat both new planets and suffer no ill effect?

I think we will also edit and enhance our DNA but it’s not nearly as easy as It seems. We just learned about the epigenome and how it changes our biology and as rescently as 2005 we thought 90% of our genome was “junk,” DNA and had no purpose. We still have a very long way to go to before will be able to manipulate favorable genes at the embryonic stage which is just one cell. (which I’m sure it’s being tried) And come out with both favorable and reproducible outcomes. It’s a whole other matter to manipulate the genes of a living person and get a favorable and reproducible outcome in all of the trillions of cells in the adult body.
    Yeah it wont be happening probably ever.
    Humanity wont stay organized long enough to play God
    We are completely retarded on dna as is stands.

Us juice heads are about as close as it gets.

Thread Information