• 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Old dude at the gym under 3% BF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Proximal is offline Banned

Old dude at the gym under 3% BF

I’ve been going to an old branch of an L.A. Fitness, with a lot of older members. Regularly see a guy that I’m sure is in his 50’s that is insanely ripped. I’m talking Helmet Strebl PLUS here. Please don’t give me shit, but the dude struts comfortably around the locker room naked (hey, I looked, I actually teach Anatomy, sorry, the dude is a walking anatomical diagram). I’m talking NO fat, striated glutes relaxed, lat insertions again, relaxed. In the gym, brachialis (muscle under the biceps), clear as day. Delts, triceps, quads, calves, striated like a mofo. But like Strebl, somewhat normal vascularity.

He was the locker next to me last weekend, so I struck up a conversation. His facial skin is not like BB’s that cut weight, there just isn’t any fat. He told me that he is always trying to put on mass, wants to be bigger & should have seen him when he was younger. Had a nice conversation, good dude, he ain’t using shit.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I can see it.
    I had a friend who had a metabolism so fast it, "Ate his hair follicles"...

Never heard of it but he had no bodyfat and little muscle.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I know a bunch of guys that are SHREDDED but just never get bigger. Everyone has different goals, i get mad when i only gain 10lbs 8 weeks into a cycle lol. But I’ll never be shredded.
    But at 50+ years old thats some awesome training and genetics. I see some amazing looking older guys at my gym but id bet they are atleast on trt if not cycling. To do it naturally is crazy!
    Proximal likes this.

After talking, didn’t get the impression he’s using a thing.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I’ve been going to an old branch of an L.A. Fitness, with a lot of older members. Regularly see a guy that I’m sure is in his 50’s that is insanely ripped. I’m talking Helmet Strebl PLUS here. Please don’t give me shit, but the dude struts comfortably around the locker room naked (hey, I looked, I actually teach Anatomy, sorry, the dude is a walking anatomical diagram). I’m talking NO fat, striated glutes relaxed, lat insertions again, relaxed. In the gym, brachialis (muscle under the biceps), clear as day. Delts, triceps, quads, calves, striated like a mofo. But like Strebl, somewhat normal vascularity.

He was the locker next to me last weekend, so I struck up a conversation. His facial skin is not like BB’s that cut weight, there just isn’t any fat. He told me that he is always trying to put on mass, wants to be bigger & should have seen him when he was younger. Had a nice conversation, good dude, he ain’t using shit.
    I am 48 not in my 50's
    Obs likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is a guy at my gym (Tim) that is the same age as me "57". He is a lot smaller than I am but is very lean, like the guy at your gym, he is is probably 3% Bodyfat. He is very proportional and muscular just not very big. What impresses me is the amount of weight he can move. I will never be that lean, but that's ok I like to eat shitty and drink!
    Octaneforce and OdinsOtherSon like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This guy claims to be 4%, I cant imagine 3%, that would be 25% less bf than the guy in this pic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	1868 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	174800

balance is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    This guy claims to be 4%, I cant imagine 3%, that would be 25% less bf than the guy in this pic!

Looks thirsty...
    Obs likes this.

Strebl’s Got to be lower than 4%. Did an underwater weighing a couple years back. Dude that worked out at at my old gym & was ripped like that came in at 3.7. Didn’t have the same torso development as Strebl, but other muscles were as super freaky cut and striated. I’m thinking this dude that I met at the gym is less. Maybe not less than 3%, but damn close. I mean f**k, striated relaxed glutes. Lats striated relaxed & attachments in lower back clear as day. And then he says, you should have seen me when I was younger, yikes.
    guitarzan likes this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

I will have to try and get a pic of Tim. He is pretty close to being that lean, but like I said not very big. 3% is just a number the guy has no fat.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    I will have to try and get a pic of Tim. He is pretty close to being that lean, but like I said not very big. 3% is just a number the guy has no fat.
    To have muscle and be under 6-7%, my bet is that he is on something to preserve muscle is AAS.
    That is a catabolic state and without having the fat to consume, it has to consume muscle.
    Maybe I missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    To have muscle and be under 6-7%, my bet is that he is on something to preserve muscle is AAS.
    That is a catabolic state and without having the fat to consume, it has to consume muscle.
    Maybe I missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jealousy...
    He is justcspecial charger! Can't you be happy for him?
    charger69 likes this.

That's crazy, hard to imagine anyone being capable of that!
    Proximal likes this.

Genetics. BTW, watched your transformation in the competition, just amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Genetics. BTW, watched your transformation in the competition, just amazing!
    Thanks man, got a ways to go, but no hurry
    Proximal likes this.

Thread Information