Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 48
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Help with quote/ text for new tattoo

  1. #1
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234

    Help with quote/ text for new tattoo

    I'm feelings like a frisky teenager and want to put a sweet text, poem or quote on my oval body.
    I will try finding some nice pic that is not too large - will be on chest, neck or waist and need some text to go with that.
    I'm a rocker and would love something that can be applied to life, but PLEASE, not some f*cking "Carpe Diem" or "Flower Power" ...

  2. #2
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

  3. #3
    HoldMyBeer is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    828
    No regerts

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.
    I checked Google translate, but it didn't make sense in Swedish^^ What does it mean?

  5. #5
    diesel101's Avatar
    diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    upper midwest
    Posts
    4,131
    Trust no HO.

    There is a guy at the gym who has a whole body full of bad tattoos this is tattooed across his chest.
    Fiskevatten and Obs like this.

  6. #6
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    I'm feelings like a frisky teenager and want to put a sweet text, poem or quote on my oval body.
    I will try finding some nice pic that is not too large - will be on chest, neck or waist and need some text to go with that.
    I'm a rocker and would love something that can be applied to life, but PLEASE, not some f*cking "Carpe Diem" or "Flower Power" ...
    Got on dozen on my arms, always thought they needed to speak to me personally. See something, then I think about it for another year to be absolutely sure.

  7. #7
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Yeah! I want something to give me a small boost at tough times or bring a smile like - hell yeah. My ex had a dark poem that spoke to her destructive side, pretty cool!
    I want something similar, but haven't found anything yet.
    My first tattoo was a phoenix for "reborn", but I made it at a horrible place so it needs a cover
    Proximal likes this.

  8. #8
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    I'm feelings like a frisky teenager and want to put a sweet text, poem or quote on my oval body.
    I will try finding some nice pic that is not too large - will be on chest, neck or waist and need some text to go with that.
    I'm a rocker and would love something that can be applied to life, but PLEASE, not some f*cking "Carpe Diem" or "Flower Power" ...
    Lol.

    Be original.

    Think of it yourself.
    Proximal, Mooseman33 and cylon357 like this.

  9. #9
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Lol.

    Be original.

    Think of it yourself.
    Just because someone says "tattoo kermit the frog" doesn't mean I will do it.
    Inspiration comes in all forms and can be adjusted to fit my personality, so I need som inspiration so to speak

  10. #10
    Ernst's Avatar
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart is in Vienna
    Posts
    18,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    I checked Google translate, but it didn't make sense in Swedish^^ What does it mean?
    It's Latin. The crude (American) English approximation is "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

    A more proper translation would be "Kill them all. God will know his own."
    Fiskevatten likes this.

  11. #11
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    It's Latin. The crude (American) English approximation is "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

    A more proper translation would be "Kill them all. God will know his own."
    Nice, a quote from a Steven segull movie . Lol

  12. #12
    Mooseman33's Avatar
    Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,691
    man def dont take suggestions from anyone about putting a quote on you.

    That should only come from within,

    however if you need help, any Pearl Jam songs will do. I suggest RELEASE, check the lyrics.
    Proximal and Fiskevatten like this.

  13. #13
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    It's Latin. The crude (American) English approximation is "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

    A more proper translation would be "Kill them all. God will know his own."
    LOVE the proper version, sounds badass

  14. #14
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    man def dont take suggestions from anyone about putting a quote on you.

    That should only come from within,

    however if you need help, any Pearl Jam songs will do. I suggest RELEASE, check the lyrics.
    Great song! Thanks man!

  15. #15
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    332
    Not a suggestion.... when I get round to it I'm having "The question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or the others crazy" - Albert Einstein

  16. #16
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    man def dont take suggestions from anyone about putting a quote on you.

    That should only come from within,

    however if you need help, any Pearl Jam songs will do. I suggest RELEASE, check the lyrics.
    one of my favorite songs
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  17. #17
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    291
    Fer chrissakes, make it in a language you don't need a translator to read.

    An acquaintance of mine is a first-generation American but full-blooded ethnic Chinese. And he looks, as you might expect, pretty Chineezy. One night we were out at a Hooter's watching a UFC PPV when he (discretely) starts making fun of the tattoo on a guy at the next table.

    The guy catches on that we're talking about him so he asks (in a semi-confrontational manner) "What's up?" So my buddy tells him he found his Chinese tattoo unusual, and then he says, "Beef with Broccoli."

    To which the guy replies, "What?"

    And my buddy repeats, "Beef with Broccoli. That's what it says."

    And the guy, now getting obviously irritated, says, "What? No is doesn't, it's says ..." and he mutters some sort of macho paramilitary cliché, like 'strength and honor' or 'death before dishonor,' I forget exactly what he said because I was laughing so hard that I was on the verge of passing out.

    And my buddy answers, "Oh. Okay, my mistake. I guess my Mandarin is a little rusty (muttering) even though it's my first language." And he immediately turns and starts talking to a passing waitress and the incident dies out.

    Once the guy was out of earshot, I asked my buddy, "Really, what did it say?"

    And he said, "No shit?" and I replied "No shit."

    "Fucking beef with fucking broccoli. No shit."


    So make it in a language you don't need a translator to read. Otherwise you might spend the rest of your life advertising for General Tso's Chicken.

  18. #18
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,383
    "real killers don't check nuts, we know we got them"
    -Brad Jordan-
    A.K.A.
    "Scarface"

  19. #19
    TrailRunAZ's Avatar
    TrailRunAZ is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    I checked Google translate, but it didn't make sense in Swedish^^ What does it mean?
    If you’re Swedish for god sake you are surrounded by the most epic melodic death metal bands in the world - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity (spelled correctly), Therion...the list goes ON and ON. Find a lyric or song title that resonates with you and embrace your culture. Put it in Swedish, not english. It’s long, but an example is from Dark Tranquillity’s Misery’s Crown - “don’t bring your misery down on me”

    And I agree completely with finding something and sitting on it for a year. I almost had “dead inside from all the pain” or some shite tattooed on my calf with a shattered face because yet another friend had committed suicide and I was in a funk. Ended up with a scene from the book The Alchemist (which is positive about finding your life’s purpose) put on my thigh instead after riding out the year, clearing the funk and coming up with the new idea (and sitting on it for over 6 months). Still very happy with it, years later.

    I also find that for a lot of us here “warrior” themed stuff works well, so I have always been partial to GOOD Japanese art. I paid an actual translator for words for a rib peace (grant me the ability to release my spirit to others) with kanji and Japanese symbolism. You wouldn’t wear a piece of shit watch or wear a goddamn Hawaiian shirt with socks and sandals and those you can take off, so make sure the tat is something you just can’t live without after 6-12 mos of contemplation.

  20. #20
    Fiskevatten's Avatar
    Fiskevatten is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pattaya
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    If you’re Swedish for god sake you are surrounded by the most epic melodic death metal bands in the world - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity (spelled correctly), Therion...the list goes ON and ON. Find a lyric or song title that resonates with you and embrace your culture. Put it in Swedish, not english. It’s long, but an example is from Dark Tranquillity’s Misery’s Crown - “don’t bring your misery down on me”

    And I agree completely with finding something and sitting on it for a year. I almost had “dead inside from all the pain” or some shite tattooed on my calf with a shattered face because yet another friend had committed suicide and I was in a funk. Ended up with a scene from the book The Alchemist (which is positive about finding your life’s purpose) put on my thigh instead after riding out the year, clearing the funk and coming up with the new idea (and sitting on it for over 6 months). Still very happy with it, years later.

    I also find that for a lot of us here “warrior” themed stuff works well, so I have always been partial to GOOD Japanese art. I paid an actual translator for words for a rib peace (grant me the ability to release my spirit to others) with kanji and Japanese symbolism. You wouldn’t wear a piece of shit watch or wear a goddamn Hawaiian shirt with socks and sandals and those you can take off, so make sure the tat is something you just can’t live without after 6-12 mos of contemplation.
    haha very true indeed! Dark Tranquility is a damn good band, not active enough however according to me, hard to create success there I guess. Most metal bands don't have great quotes
    or poetry in my opinion that suits as a tattoo, but there are some "deep" artists that has great words in songs.
    Misery's Crown is one of my favorite songs and I love that part, similar to Bring Me The Horizon - Can you feel my heart with:

    "I long for that feeling to not feel at all
    The higher I get, the lower I'll sink
    I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim"

    But the text do give a damn good inspiration for a picture instead.
    I might skiss my own pic for the above "Kill them all. God will know his own."

  21. #21
    TrailRunAZ's Avatar
    TrailRunAZ is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    haha very true indeed! Dark Tranquility is a damn good band, not active enough however according to me, hard to create success there I guess. Most metal bands don't have great quotes
    or poetry in my opinion that suits as a tattoo, but there are some "deep" artists that has great words in songs.
    Misery's Crown is one of my favorite songs and I love that part, similar to Bring Me The Horizon - Can you feel my heart with:

    "I long for that feeling to not feel at all
    The higher I get, the lower I'll sink
    I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim"

    But the text do give a damn good inspiration for a picture instead.
    I might skiss my own pic for the above "Kill them all. God will know his own."
    Opeth has some of the most poetic lyrics out there, and cool song titles. Very cool to know you’re a ET fan. I’m in the US and from here, but well-seasoned in european metal. We just went and saw Amorphis here a while ago, DT, and looking at Ensiferum come Jan. Folk/Viking metal has some kick ass lyrics/quotes. Good luck, fun stuff eh?

  22. #22
    Thebricklayer's Avatar
    Thebricklayer is online now New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    33
    "As you are I once was,
    As I am you soon will be"

    Being as I am getting to be an old man this would work for me.

  23. #23
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,060
    Acts 24:13
    Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

    (Kjv)
    EDCG19 likes this.

  24. #24
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    291
    Ariana Grande Misspelled Japanese Tattoo Translates to ‘Charcoal Grill’



    Ariana Grande had gotten the tattoo on her palm thinking it meant “7 Rings,” which is the title of her latest single.

    The text, however, translates to “small charcoal grill.”

    According to Kotaku, “The kanji character 七 means ‘seven,’ while 輪 means ‘hoop,’ ‘circle,’ ‘ring,’ or ‘wheel.’ However, when you put them together, the meaning is different! 七輪 (shichirin) is a ‘small charcoal grill’ and not ‘seven rings,’ which is written differently in Japanese.”

    Searches on Google for “七輪” mostly return images of meat being barbecued on small grills.


    See what happens you don't follow my advice?
    Obs likes this.

  25. #25
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,739
    "I'd kill myself for you. I'd kill you for myself. You keep this love."

  26. #26
    davimeireles's Avatar
    davimeireles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    São Paulo , Brazil
    Posts
    142
    "Veni Vidi Vici" (Latin classic "Vim, vi, venci" is a Latin phrase supposedly uttered by Roman general and consul Julius Caesar in 47 BC Caesar used the phrase in a message to the Roman senate describing his recent victory over Fárnaces The phrase served both to proclaim his feat and also to alert the senators of his military power (Rome was going through a civil war).

    The phrase is used to refer to a quick and undisputed victory.

    That phrase was the same one that Zyzz tattooed.

  27. #27
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,493
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Got on dozen on my arms, always thought they needed to speak to me personally. See something, then I think about it for another year to be absolutely sure.
    I’m sooooo glad I didn’t get that tribal or barbed wire tattoo that I wanted so bad in 1998...
    Proximal likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  28. #28
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Never had the need or urge to post in this thread, till now

    Just don't b an idiot

    My wife's fat gross sloppy nasty looking, dumb as a box of rocks sister just got a tat:


    B
    E
    A
    U
    T
    Y



    ^ this, in red letters down her fat gross gut



    ^ what in the fvck?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

  29. #29
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,493
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Never had the need or urge to post in this thread, till now

    Just don't b an idiot

    My wife's fat gross sloppy nasty looking, dumb as a box of rocks sister just got a tat:


    B
    E
    A
    U
    T
    Y



    ^ this, in red letters down her fat gross gut



    ^ what in the fvck?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mmm, got any pics?!?

    Um, asking for a friend...
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  30. #30
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,993
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Mmm, got any pics?!?

    Um, asking for a friend...

    Oh gawd, it's already burnt into my eyes


    Bitch is like 5 3 & like duece+


    People r fvcking retarded, I swear

  31. #31
    davimeireles's Avatar
    davimeireles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    São Paulo , Brazil
    Posts
    142
    Veni vidi vici

  32. #32
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,493
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    Veni vidi vici
    Et Tu Brute?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  33. #33
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    291
    Great news! Ariana got her tattoo fixed:



    Now it reads, "Japanese barbecue finger."

    Thank goodness, she looks far less stupid now.
    Proximal and Obs like this.

  34. #34
    davimeireles's Avatar
    davimeireles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    São Paulo , Brazil
    Posts
    142

    What is it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Et Tu Brute?
    What is this you wrote ??

  35. #35
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I’m sooooo glad I didn’t get that tribal or barbed wire tattoo that I wanted so bad in 1998...
    For me, I avoided all of the typical punk rock stuff in the late 70’s, early 80’s. The ink that I have now works for my age (or so I think ).

  36. #36
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,493
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    What is this you wrote ??
    It’s latin, Julios Caesar as he was being stabbed to death by his enemies on the steps of the Roman Senate. His Friend Brutes (Brute) was the last to stab him in the back. Before he did, he utters the famous line. Et Tu Brute? Which means “you to Brute,”

    As Depicted by Shakespeare
    < <Samson> >, Obs and fiddlesticks like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  37. #37
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,060
    I am reminded of a fomous, very philosophical quote by Robert Alan Bailey.

    "I'm a f****** M************ Beast".

    Very deep.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

  38. #38
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,060
    Another great quote from a philosopher:

    "Got a g** d***ed m***er f***ing bean skin stuck to my hangy down thing and it's driving me nuts"

    The great Couchlockd...

    Here is the latin version for those of you ashamed of english:

    "Adhæsit cutis condemnabitur matrem stupri faba quoque got a Deo ad aliquid quod suus 'hangy in nucis me appellis"
    Last edited by Obs; 02-02-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    MuscleScience and Couchlockd like this.

  39. #39
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Another great quote from a philosopher:

    "Got a g** d***ed m***er f***ing bean skin stuck to my hangy down thing and it's driving me nuts"

    The great Couchlockd...

    Here is the latin version for those of you ashamed of english:

    "Adhæsit cutis condemnabitur matrem stupri faba quoque got a Deo ad aliquid quod suus 'hangy in nucis me appellis"
    Lmmfao
    Obs likes this.

  40. #40
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Lmmfao
    Considering getting this in latin and english one on each forearm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •