Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,240 of 2656
Like Tree5419Likes

Thread: Official January 2019 Competition

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by German89 View Post
    saturday's work

yes, i had some. a bite of a cupcake to taste and, then, some cookies.. pretty much all i ate today along with my oatmeal and lucky charms.
    That looks good!
    Here's my Saturday's work, beef ribs
    Official January 2019 Competition-20190323_185549.jpg
    KittyO1, German89, KennyJ and 1 others like this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    aww, thanks.

march 28th.. ugh. 30 year old. fuck, me.
    That’s still young!!! ...it’s gotta be! I’m 36

saturday's work

yes, i had some. a bite of a cupcake to taste and, then, some cookies.. pretty much all i ate today along with my oatmeal and lucky charms.
    Yum! Funny you posted this! I was planning on posting what I made today as a thank you to a friend...Just for kicks!
    Proximal, German89, KennyJ and 2 others like this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post

Yum! Funny you posted this! I was planning on posting what I made today as a thank you to a friend...Just for kicks!
    Dang, that looks awesome as well, Ms. Kitty!

All this fancy desserts you ladies have posted are kicking my pancreas into high gear!!!
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-23-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Proximal, German89, KennyJ and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Proximal is offline Banned
    saturday's work

Are those the cupcakes on the lower left - the frosting is so cool (and they’ve got the little dark chocolate curly things, OMG!)? And what are the chips in the cookies?

What’s on the upper-right?
    German89, KennyJ and Family_guy like this.

Blog Entries
    aww, thanks.

march 28th.. ugh. 30 year old. fuck, me.
    No way girl we share the same birthday...only I turn 47 this year uggg....🤮

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    So this is what I did today.
    Official January 2019 Competition-1af703db-9c4b-4ba0-beff-f1d3a6af90df.jpegOfficial January 2019 Competition-6840adc0-9573-4f8a-b7af-d05b5981aebc.jpeg
    Official January 2019 Competition-871b3701-8a8a-435c-bbd3-6696446d04af.jpegOfficial January 2019 Competition-bac41d49-3fbb-43d2-828d-25970072e211.jpeg
    Official January 2019 Competition-847b1838-2d54-489f-92f6-56b137eb3909.jpegOfficial January 2019 Competition-0e773198-bf1a-497d-80de-894e678c0757.jpeg

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    So this is what I did today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1AF703DB-9C4B-4BA0-BEFF-F1D3A6AF90DF.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	176036Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6840ADC0-9573-4F8A-B7AF-D05B5981AEBC.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	368.0 KB 
ID:	176037

Name:	871B3701-8A8A-435C-BBD3-6696446D04AF.jpeg 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	176039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAC41D49-3FBB-43D2-828D-25970072E211.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	413.3 KB 
ID:	176040

Name:	847B1838-2D54-489F-92F6-56B137EB3909.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	475.4 KB 
ID:	176041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E773198-BF1A-497D-80DE-894E678C0757.jpeg 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	176042
    That should count as cardio!!!!!!
    Capebuffalo and KennyJ like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That should count as cardio!!!!!!
    I realized today if I’m going to do this I have got to do cardio. 13 obsticals. I made 8 until my lungs weren’t working at all and couldn’t go further. Shit man.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    No way girl we share the same birthday...only I turn 47 this year uggg....��
    You a old ass, I dont turn 47 till September
    German89, ghettoboyd and KennyJ like this.

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    That looks good!
    Here's my Saturday's work, beef ribs

Name:	20190323_185549.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	176035
    God damn. I always regret cheating with sweets and not something good like, pulled pork or ribs.

Those look amazing. I might need that recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Are those the cupcakes on the lower left - the frosting is so cool (and they’ve got the little dark chocolate curly things, OMG!)? And what are the chips in the cookies?

What’s on the upper-right?
    Banana nut swiss roll
    Bottom left are just chocolate on chocolate cupcakes
    Cookies are traditional chocolate chips cookies and, reese's with skor bit cookies

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    No way girl we share the same birthday...only I turn 47 this year uggg....��
    Awww.. nice! I like sharing my day with others!

timetolift5 is offline Associate Member

Man y’all are killing me. I’ve had to move 2 families this weekend on little to no sleep and food has been minimal. I feel the inner Cookie Monster trying to come out lol

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timetolift5 View Post
    Man y’all are killing me. I’ve had to move 2 families this weekend on little to no sleep and food has been minimal. I feel the inner Cookie Monster trying to come out lol
    It's a conspiracy to get us competitors to eat crap!

It's working :-/

Banana nut swiss roll
    Cookies are traditional chocolate chips cookies and, reese's with skor bit cookies
    TY! You’ve got some mad skills!

I’m showing the banana nut roll to the wife right now, lol.
    German89 and KennyJ like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And these last few posts are why I feel so fortunate to have the mindset that I do regarding such things. Most are so compelled by cookies and shit. I don’t even see them as food. Not “oh, that’s bad and I shouldn’t eat it”, but about the same as I’d feel walking down the isles for cleaning products and tires. It doesn’t even register as a useful consumable.

On the (kinda) downside, it does mean that I never have that weird family/friend meal bonding nonsense, because I attach no value outside of energetics/nutrients to food.
    timetolift5 and German89 like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My mind wandered yesterday and I couldn’t focus it. I’m not sure what happened. It is frustrating especially when each and every workout is critical.
    I am either burning the candle at both ends or I am just getting too old to continuously workout at high intensity.
    I think it’s the first, but I finish classes on Tuesday so that will free up more time to relax or do other things.
    If I can’t go 100% all the time, then I shouldn’t be doing this.
    I never compete against anyone else. I am always competing against myself: can I build a better version this year than last year?? Every year I learn something new. Usually in the last 3 years, it has been numerous things.
    This year I was able to maintain body weight and lose fat. I have been searching for the magic formula for years. I obviously do not do this on my own. I listen to what everyone says and I will take some of the silliest recommendations and try it. Sometimes they are 100% right and it is t so silly after all.
    Well, not sure what is going on in my brain because all of the signals are short circuiting. LOL. I thought that it may be a buildup of estrogen, but I’m not taking enough test. Maybe the tren ...:: yes, Obs, I’ll up the amount. LOL
    We’ll see how the focus is today- leg day. Hopefully I’ll need crutches to leave. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    My mind wandered yesterday and I couldn’t focus it. I’m not sure what happened. It is frustrating especially when each and every workout is critical.
    I am either burning the candle at both ends or I am just getting too old to continuously workout at high intensity.
    I think it’s the first, but I finish classes on Tuesday so that will free up more time to relax or do other things.
    If I can’t go 100% all the time, then I shouldn’t be doing this.
    I never compete against anyone else. I am always competing against myself: can I build a better version this year than last year?? Every year I learn something new. Usually in the last 3 years, it has been numerous things.
    This year I was able to maintain body weight and lose fat. I have been searching for the magic formula for years. I obviously do not do this on my own. I listen to what everyone says and I will take some of the silliest recommendations and try it. Sometimes they are 100% right and it is t so silly after all.
    Well, not sure what is going on in my brain because all of the signals are short circuiting. LOL. I thought that it may be a buildup of estrogen, but I’m not taking enough test. Maybe the tren ...:: yes, Obs, I’ll up the amount. LOL
    We’ll see how the focus is today- leg day. Hopefully I’ll need crutches to leave. LOL

Classes? That might explain it right there. Not joking at all; the drain mentally is immense.
    KennyJ likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    And these last few posts are why I feel so fortunate to have the mindset that I do regarding such things. Most are so compelled by cookies and shit. I don’t even see them as food. Not “oh, that’s bad and I shouldn’t eat it”, but about the same as I’d feel walking down the isles for cleaning products and tires. It doesn’t even register as a useful consumable.

On the (kinda) downside, it does mean that I never have that weird family/friend meal bonding nonsense, because I attach no value outside of energetics/nutrients to food.
    I respect people who can have such convictions all the time... At times I wish I did, but I don't, probably why I look like I do, lol.

At my age and stage in life, I live for "weird family/friend meal bonding nonsense". I know it's not 100% in line with my goals, but often my goal is to relax with family in a cool place eating fun food (or travel, or sports... Whatever). I think the key is figuring out what your goals are, and embracing them.

Everyone is looking great btw, keep it up!

Best,
    C-

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    I respect people who can have such convictions all the time... At times I wish I did, but I don't, probably why I look like I do, lol.

At my age and stage in life, I live for "weird family/friend meal bonding nonsense". I know it's not 100% in line with my goals, but often my goal is to relax with family in a cool place eating fun food (or travel, or sports... Whatever). I think the key is figuring out what your goals are, and embracing them.

Everyone is looking great btw, keep it up!

Best,
    C-
    Oh, it’s not really a convictions thing most of the time. I just quite literally don’t view things like desserts, pop tarts, etc. as food, period. I am as tempted by them as you would be standing in the battery isle...unless you have that whole pika thing, I guess.

That said, I do still have several items in my life on a constant basis that could easily lead me back to obesity if I let it get out of hand (looking at you Dragon Rolls and Yakisoba Steak), but they’re generally reserved for refeeds and dates with the girlfriend. My food preferences for “bad” food have the same thing going that prevents me from being a regular drinker: my tastes are too damned expensive to do it very often.
    Charlie67 likes this.

timetolift5 is offline Associate Member

I’d trade my mindset for yours any day

I’d trade my mindset for yours any day
    I’ve heard that more than once. But no, you shouldn’t. That asshole with his tupperware and thermoses at every family function or friendly get together? That’s me.

You probably shouldn’t be me. I probably shouldn’t be such an ass about it. To be honest, I’d probably still be pretty damned close to where I am now without it. Doesn’t change the fact that I always operate in extremes, but I can at least admit that I am fucked up in many ways. It’s just a different kind of fucked up than most.
    timetolift5 likes this.

TY! You’ve got some mad skills!

I’m showing the banana nut roll to the wife right now, lol.
    She asked if she could have the recipe (if you don’t mind).

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    She asked if she could have the recipe (if you don’t mind).
    I'll pm it over
    Proximal likes this.

I'll pm it over
    Thank you!

Well, I had a gut check today. The old man still has it. Probably just mental games going on.
    I went to the gym today and it was all about me. I didn’t care who else was there. I am normally very considerate of others, not today. I was by no means rude, but it was about me. I visualized Kelkel’s legs and vascularity- no Obs, not in a gay way. LOL
    My legs will not be the biggest onstage but I will have a new version. I just need to get them shredded. They are bigger than last year and are beginning to look like German’s.

Old Duffer, KennyJ and timetolift5 like this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Well, I had a gut check today. The old man still has it. Probably just mental games going on.
    I went to the gym today and it was all about me. I didn’t care who else was there. I am normally very considerate of others, not today. I was by no means rude, but it was about me. I visualized Kelkel’s legs and vascularity- no Obs, not in a gay way. LOL
    My legs will not be the biggest onstage but I will have a new version. I just need to get them shredded. They are bigger than last year and are beginning to look like German’s.

Sucking up to the ladies now?
    Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Sucking up to the ladies now?
    No, German has excellent legs with a nice sweep

Family_guy and KennyJ like this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    God damn. I always regret cheating with sweets and not something good like, pulled pork or ribs.

Those look amazing. I might need that recipe!

Banana nut swiss roll

Awww.. nice! I like sharing my day with others!
    Yum! Sounds amazing!

Wow! 2? That’s very nice of you! Hope you got some food and rest!
    KennyJ likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Vascularity is coming along.

Obs, Capebuffalo, German89 and 5 others like this.

Consider this my official withdrawal. Working 14-16 hours per day this week, and I’m not willing to sacrifice sleep, training time, or food prep for camera wankery. If the deadline were a Sunday, probably. As is, nope.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

You look terrible.
    Sil is gonna beat your ass.
    tarmyg, Family_guy and KennyJ like this.

Obs

Amazing symmetry charge.
    Arms and delts are perfect.
    I mean that.
    Thats what stands out to me the most is those big boobs on your shoulders looking perfect

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Consider this my official withdrawal. Working 14-16 hours per day this week, and I’m not willing to sacrifice sleep, training time, or food prep for camera wankery. If the deadline were a Sunday, probably. As is, nope.
    For foocks sake, just post some pictures, will take 3-5min.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    For foocks sake, just post some pictures, will take 3-5min.
    Agreed. It won’t take long to post pics. Just finish it out.

GirlyGymRat likes this.

Obs
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    You look terrible.
    Sil is gonna beat your ass.
    I would like to see him up on stage. It will be a learning experience for him.

Obs, Family_guy and KennyJ like this.

Time to start cutting
    Official January 2019 Competition-screenshot_20190325-113544_gallery.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official January 2019 Competition-20190325_112649.jpg  
    Obs, German89 and Family_guy like this.

Obs
    Time to start cutting

Name:	Screenshot_20190325-113544_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	176056
    Looking badass
    guitarzan and KennyJ like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    what does all that TIME spent (that your not willing to sacrifice 5 mins) working out and training, food prep, sleep and recovery, working on bettering your physique even mean if you can't take a few mins to show what you've accomplished.

Time to start cutting

Name:	Screenshot_20190325-113544_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	176056
    You have come so far despite all of the adversity over the past couple of years. You are rock solid. Whether you win this one or not, you are by far the most improved over the last couple of years. Hats off to you!!!
    Keep going- but take it easy on the T3! LOL

Family_guy and KennyJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    what does all that TIME spent (that your not willing to sacrifice 5 mins) working out and training, food prep, sleep and recovery, working on bettering your physique even mean if you can't take a few mins to show what you've accomplished.
    If after 12 weeks he can quit 2 days before the end let him quit. For fuck sakes.
    Family_guy likes this.

Thread Information