• 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By fiddlesticks

Thread: Gymowner gave my criticism yesterday, what would u answer?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

Gymowner gave my criticism yesterday, what would u answer?

So..i went to the gym sunday morning, stopped my car like 4 meter away from the door, walked inside with new clean trainingshoes, over fresh snow on the ground, in the direction of the wardrobe. Then the new owner (actually a great guy), asked me to take off my shoes, not with a smile in his voice. There where 2 other members watching.

What???..my shoes are clean and i come from a clean car and its just snow outside?

-Well, its indoor shoes only!

But this IS indoor shoes, i dont use them outside.

-Apperently u do, i saw it.

Yes, but the car is clean and i just walked 4 meters on fresh snow.

-Doesnt matter, then its not indoor shoes.

OMG What???....what ever...then i walked to the wardrobe with easy reading bodylanguage.

Then he walked after me into the wardrobe, said he was sorry and we had a 45 min chat about rules and how to make the gym grow. We didnt become buddies and the argue heated up a couple of times, but we acted grown up.
    Yet, the elephant from then was that both understood things beetween us is not ok.
    I think he deserved what was coming, having the biggest and the most experienced member as an "enemy".

So guys..what would u have done....asked for forgivness and told it will never happen again, or argued this is too much,,rules are ok and a must but not like this fitness center girl spa policy.

Flex Gym, the gym, is one out of two "oldschool" gym in the city where u can train in tank and its a free drug policy. Well, its been like that for 20 years and i hav not heard of changes to that yet.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 01-27-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I would have politely beat his ass uncinscious and pissed on him.

Then walked over and banged my head on the urinal until it bled.

The I would call the cops and say, "I saw his tiny pecker in the locker room and laughed. I couldn't help it. I went to go piss and he became enraged and slammed my head into the urinal while I was pissing!
    I spun around and dropped him, I was even still pissing!"

There you go Sil.

He got his ass beat.
    You pissed on him.
    Got him put in jail for assault.
    Told everyone he has a small pecker.

You won son but remember...

Nobody wants to handle weights off a floor your dog shit tracking sandals have violated.
    NOW TAKE OFF YER GD SHOES YA NASTY ASS!
    Couchlockd likes this.

Obs
    Vikings must have all died of AIDS.

"You want me to sleeve my penis...?"

Filthy animals!

You leave paper towels in the floor in the bathroom dontcha!?

Probably piss on the seat...
    Last edited by Obs; 01-28-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Vikings must have all died of AIDS.

"You want me to sleeve my penis...?"

Filthy animals!

You leave paper towels in the floor in the bathroom dontcha!?

Probably piss on the seat...
    No i understand why your gf couldnt strangle u in your little bedplay, ya mutant hippopotamus neckhobbit. Why dont u go see av plastic surgeon mr wize guy.?
    Obs likes this.

Thebricklayer is offline Junior Member
    You gentlemen are killing me. :-) I am definitely not shy about voicing my opinion, (wife would go so far as to call me confrontational), but I would have probably shucked the shoes just to avoid an awkward situation in a place I love to be.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, this is why I go to LA - everyone knows me at all locations, never says shit - and there is plenty of college aged pvssy running around

No fitness weight dungeon necessary
    Obs likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First off, don’t think for a minute that they need you. You are small chump change and that is what they see you as.
    What is the policy and why is it there?? I would gather that it is because of the snow and mud, the gym can get pretty dirty. Also, wet shoes could provide a slippery surface which is a liability. .
    You should know the policies of the gym. Disregarding them is on you.
    If they allow Sil to do it, then Obs sees this and says “ if he can do it, so can’t I” and pretty soon no one follows the policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs and Charlie67 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ask him why he hasn't shoveled the snow off the path to the gym.
    By his logic you are fvcked. You can't come inside, with the shoes you had on outside, hut he wants training shoes only inside the gym.
    It's his gym but if that is what he wants he should clear a path to the doorway and have a bench just inside the door for changing your shoes ...
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    I wear my training shoes to the gym as well. That's BS. I would call his bluff, say "no thank you" and keep walking in, if he said something else, I would tell him to cancel my membership and refund my money if he doesn't like it (as I keep walking in to go about my training).

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I'd move to the West Coast

Wait - I already did

Screw winter conditions
    Obs and Proximal like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    as the owner of a gym. personally I'd rather people tracking in a little bit of snow, then to make people change their shows and clog up the front entrance of the gym doing so , and have 100s of extra pairs of shoes all over the place.
    then of course your going to have people leaving the gym in the shoes they were wearing working out and forgetting their outdoor shoes. then people will end up leaving their shoes their for day. F'ing shoes everywhere. probably even have to have a whole lost in found just for shoes.

stupid policy imo

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    No i understand why your gf couldnt strangle u in your little bedplay, ya mutant hippopotamus neckhobbit. Why dont u go see av plastic surgeon mr wize guy.?
    Lmfao

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    as the owner of a gym. personally I'd rather people tracking in a little bit of snow, then to make people change their shows and clog up the front entrance of the gym doing so , and have 100s of extra pairs of shoes all over the place.
    then of course your going to have people leaving the gym in the shoes they were wearing working out and forgetting their outdoor shoes. then people will end up leaving their shoes their for day. F'ing shoes everywhere. probably even have to have a whole lost in found just for shoes.

stupid policy imo
    I see your point to certain degree, we also have this rule in our gym that I go to. It is nice that there is not snow and water tracked all over but we have an area with benches and shelves to change your shoes but it does get cluttered during the busy times with shoes laying around.l rent a locker so for people like me I drop my shoes and walk to my locker for my clothes and shoes with just socks on.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I see your point to certain degree, we also have this rule in our gym that I go to. It is nice that there is not snow and water tracked all over but we have an area with benches and shelves to change your shoes but it does get cluttered during the busy times with shoes laying around.l rent a locker so for people like me I drop my shoes and walk to my locker for my clothes and shoes with just socks on.
    I guess it depends on the gym and the space they have and the set up .. personally, I'd rather make more room for another power rack then for a shoe locker . but I've only got about 5500 sq feet to accommodate 800 members . every sq. inch of my gym is more equipment focused.
    gyms with the space may have more room for such a policy

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    First off, don’t think for a minute that they need you. You are small chump change and that is what they see you as.
    What is the policy and why is it there?? I would gather that it is because of the snow and mud, the gym can get pretty dirty. Also, wet shoes could provide a slippery surface which is a liability. .
    If they allow Sil to do it, then Obs sees this and says “ if he can do it, so can’t I” and pretty soon no one follows the policy.

Obs is the leader. Others react to what he does.

Obs
    My gym is new and clean. Constantly someone cleaning the floor. Just across town there is another gym that is dirty, more run down enviornment.

I do not go there. That is for Crossfitters and losers.

I get all pissed off when I see trash laying around.
    There is a reason serial killers have clean neat orderly homes and lives. If a person makes a mess they need to clean it. Otherwise our nice smelling, labratory clean gym will be just like the other.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I would have politely beat his ass uncinscious and pissed on him.

Then walked over and banged my head on the urinal until it bled.

The I would call the cops and say, "I saw his tiny pecker in the locker room and laughed. I couldn't help it. I went to go piss and he became enraged and slammed my head into the urinal while I was pissing!
    I spun around and dropped him, I was even still pissing!"

There you go Sil.

He got his ass beat.
    You pissed on him.
    Got him put in jail for assault.
    Told everyone he has a small pecker.

You won son but remember...

Nobody wants to handle weights off a floor your dog shit tracking sandals have violated.
    NOW TAKE OFF YER GD SHOES YA NASTY ASS!
    Yes!!

That's how it's done.
    Obs and Jayd85 like this.

Jayd85 is offline Junior Member
    My gym is new and clean. Constantly someone cleaning the floor. Just across town there is another gym that is dirty, more run down enviornment.

There is a reason serial killers have clean neat orderly homes and lives. If a person makes a mess they need to clean it. Otherwise our nice smelling, labratory clean gym will be just like the other.
    Strange. All the big boys around me go to an old nasty run down shit hole because it’s “old school”. It smells like fat sweaty powerlifters, half the plates are rusted and the showers smell like old buttsex.
    Obs likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I’d have burn the mother humper to the ground and just laughed. But that’s just me.

Sil you should have been wearing your crown. Then he would have known the deal.
    Obs likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Does the old gym smell like urine and regret?
    Obs likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Does the old gym smell like urine and regret?
    No. That’s my ex gfs apartment.
    almostgone likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    No. That’s my ex gfs apartment.
    Its true AG, I have smelled chargers apartment.
    almostgone likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayd85 View Post
    Strange. All the big boys around me go to an old nasty run down shit hole because it’s “old school”. It smells like fat sweaty powerlifters, half the plates are rusted and the showers smell like old buttsex.
    This is 2019.
    All the guys on olympia use oxygen gym. Its the size of a mall and looks like an executive office in every room

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I'd move to the West Coast

Wait - I already did

Screw winter conditions
    Yep.

Damn it was so long ago, I forgot how we did that in the midwest.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

hehe..yeah we got many "Obs`es". And it would be a real shame if they were to act like me. Two days after i think it all boils down to i will try to justify my old privileges into the new era. Only fools dont adapt. I will shut them up with my tank, not by demanding own rules based on size and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Ask him why he hasn't shoveled the snow off the path to the gym.
    By his logic you are fvcked. You can't come inside, with the shoes you had on outside, hut he wants training shoes only inside the gym.
    It's his gym but if that is what he wants he should clear a path to the doorway and have a bench just inside the door for changing your shoes ...
    Well sir, that is what he already has. He has a bench just inside the door where u are supposed to put the shoes which u are wearing, go to the wardrobe in your socks or change to your indoor shoes at the bench.

As for the snow showleling, ofcourse us with 25 years gym experience could list a many many other things he should do. As a payback, and get to him by asking contradictionary questions, like..if u wanna have many new female members due to this new spalike cleaning standard, why do u allow tank training and why dont u subscribe your gym to the public anti-drug policy then? And why do u keep 200 pound dumbels at the rack?

I could easily make him answerless, but how much drama and bullshit should be. How much energy should i put in this? I go to the gym not to talk, not to sosialize, not to be popular or make friends. I go for the pump only. So i think i will just fucking put my shoes on the bench, put on indoor shoes and clean the barbells after the exersices. Yes, he told he wants us not to leave one single plate. Everything off.

Other members have already got to him. Two weeks ago he removed some of the local BBpics of previous competing members from the wall. Because some new female members said they were provocated by the pics. But then he got so many messages from others that he put them up again. Its our history, one of them European champion, another commited sucide some years ago.

I think as long as he continues his dresscode free police and the liberal drug policy, im good and i just wanna think about my pump!
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 01-29-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I wear my training shoes to the gym as well. That's BS. I would call his bluff, say "no thank you" and keep walking in, if he said something else, I would tell him to cancel my membership and refund my money if he doesn't like it (as I keep walking in to go about my training).

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    My backbone agrees with u. But i have been a member for 15 years. I like this gym. And there is just one other oldschool gym in the town. Other side and rumors say after the cops raided the place years ago, they too are becoming more mainstream. This is mid Norway u know. 90s gyms dont grow on trees.
    I simply dont have a good alternative.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Obs is the leader. Others react to what he does.
    Yes ofcourse u are the leader of the gym. But u work out in your livingroom and besides some rats in the walls, there is no others, and I wouldnt brag about my few rats leadership though. But hey..thats me buddy!
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I’d have burn the mother humper to the ground and just laughed. But that’s just me.

Sil you should have been wearing your crown. Then he would have known the deal.

hehe…..Im actually a gold member and they maid me a hoodie with letters saying Gold Member with the colour gold some years ago. (Old owner) Same colour as my steroid .com crown. Yet..no respect these days.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    just drop a spirit bomb on the gym

Btw as i am typing this squirrels are in my walls making noise and its annoying as hell
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    Yes ofcourse u are the leader of the gym. But u work out in your livingroom and besides some rats in the walls, there is no others, and I wouldnt brag about my few rats leadership though. But hey..thats me buddy!
    Great comeback! You are on your game today!

Actually my gym has probably five times the eqiipment and members your does. Owner is rarely there because he owns 3 others. All of them are scared to talk to me. You must be buddying up with people. That was your first mistake.

Thread Information