Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Continue to help after learning this?

Kimbo Almond is offline Banned

Continue to help after learning this?

For the past two years or so, a man in his 50's has been coming into my church a few times a week.

He's frail, unhygenic and smelly, and drinks alcohol every day but doesn't get very drunk.

So for the past year or two I've tried to help him, I've been an ear to listen about his personal problems (e.g death of his parents) and I've tried to get him into rehab.

Many times I've walked into my church to be told that he came in again and that he was asking for me.

So then I noticed that he hadn't come into church in a few weeks. It turns out that the pastor's wife, in a roundabout way, asked him not to come back in.

I've attached a pic of what they saw in the local news about him.

Would you continue to help this guy?
    Continue to help after learning this?-20190128_140233.jpg

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I myself under no circumstances can forgive anyone for messing with kids right or wrong that is just how I feel. I do not know the situation of what happened with the guy in the article so I can not judge him just on here say.
    HoldMyBeer and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    You are in the perfect position to help him.
    Take him out get him drunk get him to admit it and break his neck.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't do it maybe that says something but anyone who has a verifiable criminal history involving children I want nothing to do with them
    We all have things that haunt us but befriending a predator isn't something I could do

Plus, if he's drinking and his issues he cant control how am i going to help anyone quit drinking? The day I quit in 2016 was when I decided it was time to let the bottle go, people don't quit from others help they decide to quit on their own
    Obs and Family_guy like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    You are in the perfect position to help him.
    Take him out get him drunk get him to admit it and break his neck.
    If he is guilty breaking of the neck would be to quick, I would have chosen something lets say more painful and time consuming.
    Obs and < <Samson> > like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I'm pretty sure its not only common for these guys to be in a church, but to be the "priest" and running the church as well.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I couldn't do it maybe that says something but anyone who has a verifiable criminal history involving children I want nothing to do with them
    We all have things that haunt us but befriending a predator isn't something I could do

Plus, if he's drinking and his issues he cant control how am i going to help anyone quit drinking? The day I quit in 2016 was when I decided it was time to let the bottle go, people don't quit from others help they decide to quit on their own
    I have to know the back story.
    I would get him to admit what he... "Likes"

I have a friend that went to prison over fking a teenage girl that was at a bar she was not allowed in past 10pm. She swore she was 18 and went home with him around 2am.

Parents found out. Girl got scared and lied.

Now he has to walk around being shunned because of a label he doesnt deserve. I have met more people on the sex offender registry that didnt deserve it than actually do.

You cant lump an 18 year old fking a 16 year old into the same class as some piece of shit after toddlers or prepubescent children.

My father was married at 15 mother was 16
    My gfs gma was married at 14.

Sex offender is too broad of a term.

My brother and one of my neighbors were both accused of rape and worse by their psycho druggie white trash wives. The women both finally came clean to the prosecutor that they lied.

The prosecutor yelled stamped his feet and didnt even charge them with purgery.

Its like abused women... Go to any bar at midnight and you wont find a girl in their that doesn't claim her ex beat her.
    Fact is most of them beat their exes and the one time the guy finally pushed back they acted like it was the end of the world. Shit... I literally have never had a live in gf that didn't threaten to call the cops and say I did something I did not. Most of the guys posting here can relate to this.

I know people. I have seen every aspect of the human race and I hold no illusions. I do not damn people of circumstatial shit. I have to hear the words from their mouth or have at least three eyewitnesses
    Last edited by Obs; 01-28-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't join the lynch mob without more details.

First of all, it happened 30 years ago, so color me dubious.

Second of all, exactly WHAT HAPPENED? I want the Penthouse Letters details because this sounds like it could have been as innocuous as a kid (of unstated age) chancing on a wino who was half in the bag, standing in the middle of a roundabout and taking a wee, combined with some unscrupulous and less than sympathetic police who want this guy off the street for no reason other than he's a nuisance to them. There still are countries in Europe (but not all) where men pissing in public is tolerated, and you can't spend your life taking the occasional pubic wee without eventually waving Old Glory in some unwitting bystander's face.

Which is a completely different matter from a grown man with a raging hard-on chasing a kid down a dark alley while encouraging the child to "Honk Bobo's nose."

I'd just like more specificity before I spring the trap door.
    Obs, Family_guy and fiddlesticks like this.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post

Second of all, exactly WHAT HAPPENED? I want the Penthouse Letters details because this sounds like it could have been as innocuous as a kid (of unstated age) chancing on a wino who was half in the bag, standing in the middle of a roundabout and taking a wee, combined with some unscrupulous and less than sympathetic police who want this guy off the street for no reason other than he's a nuisance to them. There still are countries in Europe (but not all) where men pissing in public is tolerated, and you can't spend your life taking the occasional pubic wee without eventually waving Old Glory in some unwitting bystander's face.

Which is a completely different matter from a grown man with a raging hard-on chasing a kid down a dark alley while encouraging the child to "Honk Bobo's nose."

Omg honk bobos nose lmfao..
    Obs likes this.

I have to know the back story.
    I would get him to admit what he... "Likes"

I have a friend that went to prison over fking a teenage girl that was at a bar she was not allowed in past 10pm. She swore she was 18 and went home with him around 2am.

Parents found out. Girl got scared and lied.

Now he has to walk around being shunned because of a label he doesnt deserve. I have met more people on the sex offender registry that didnt deserve it than actually do.

You cant lump an 18 year old fking a 16 year old into the same class as some piece of shit after toddlers or prepubescent children.

My father was married at 15 mother was 16
    My gfs gma was married at 14.

Sex offender is too broad of a term.

My brother and one of my neighbors were both accused of rape and worse by their psycho druggie white trash wives. The women both finally came clean to the prosecutor that they lied.

The prosecutor yelled stamped his feet and didnt even charge them with purgery.

Its like abused women... Go to any bar at midnight and you wont find a girl in their that doesn't claim her ex beat her.
    Fact is most of them beat their exes and the one time the guy finally pushed back they acted like it was the end of the world. Shit... I literally have never had a live in gf that didn't threaten to call the cops and say I did something I did not. Most of the guys posting here can relate to this.

I know people. I have seen every aspect of the human race and I hold no illusions. I do not damn people of circumstatial shit. I have to hear the words from their mouth or have at least three eyewitnesses
    Thanks for correcting me, I actually agree 100% with what you're saying just not something i talk about usually... plenty of cases like this around did they deserve it or not i dont know it depends on the circumstances involving the people/case..
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Thanks for correcting me, I actually agree 100% with what you're saying just not something i talk about usually... plenty of cases like this around did they deserve it or not i dont know it depends on the circumstances involving the people/case..
    The sex offender registry list is getting stupid large in the US.
    Its amazing how many good hearted people I have met on it that didnt belong on it.

I know we all agree though that child sex offenders should get a grave not a prison cell.

The sex offender registry list is getting stupid large in the US.
    Its amazing how many good hearted people I have met on it that didnt belong on it.

I know we all agree though that child sex offenders should get a grave not a prison cell.
    I agree
    < <Samson> > and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post

Now that you pointed it out worst case it happened in 70 and he is 59 so he was age between the age of 10 and 29...

What year was it kimbo? How old is he?

This may be the exact senario I laid out before.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    fvck that, kill him.

forgiveness is between him and god, you just need to set the appointment.
    Capebuffalo and Family_guy like this.

AP = alleged perpetrator
    AV = alleged victim

The AP was 13-15 when he interferred with the AV.

The AV was anywhere from a newborn baby to 15 years old.

With the info I have so far, this might even just be two 14 year old boys playing with their willies.

Or it might have been a 15 year old boy flashing his private parts to a 7 year old boy in the school toilets.

The alleged offenses happened 30 years ago in the space of a month.

I could find out more by attending the trial.
    Last edited by Kimbo Almond; 01-30-2019 at 04:51 AM. Reason: add more info

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    This is why I don't do church & this is y I rarely help people

Makes my life easier as it dose theirs - I don't need to feel the obligation to stab someone in the neck
    Mooseman33 likes this.

The Christian way of looking at this is that the AP didn't sin against the AV, and that the AP didn't sin against me either. The AP sinned against God, and it's between him and God alone. He needs God's forgiveness and nobody elses.

I had planned on inviting this guy around to my place to watch a movie (something with Tom Hanks) to try soften him up a bit so that he'd be more likely to go into rehab. I've put this plan on hold.

Oh I'll say this much . . . The fact that this is going to court 30 years later would suggest that the offense was quite serious (e.g. The AP touching the AV's genitals, or instructing the AV to touch the AP's genitals).

I mean if an older kid flashed his dick at me in school, I wouldn't be going to the police about it 30 years later. I would only bother going to the police about it 30 years later if either he touched me down there or if he asked me to touch him down there.

By the way, as far as Christian churches go with paedophilia, I think 99% of cases are within the Roman Catholic Church (whose leader estimates that 2% of priests are paedophiles).

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Almond View Post
    Oh I'll say this much . . . The fact that this is going to court 30 years later would suggest that the offense was quite serious (e.g. The AP touching the AV's genitals, or instructing the AV to touch the AP's genitals).

I mean if an older kid flashed his dick at me in school, I wouldn't be going to the police about it 30 years later. I would only bother going to the police about it 30 years later if either he touched me down there or if he asked me to touch him down there.

By the way, as far as Christian churches go with paedophilia, I think 99% of cases are within the Roman Catholic Church (whose leader estimates that 2% of priests are paedophiles).
    How are you you little shit stirring troll?

Blog Entries
    I had planned on inviting this guy around to my place
    Sounds like an excellent idea - not

Fvck that shit -

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tucso...outputType=amp

How are you you little shit stirring troll?
    Which bit is shit-stirring?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Statute of limitations is well over. Bull shit thread.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yeah so, I think this guy touched a little kid, actually he is going on trial. Maybe i will invite him over to watch a tom hanks movie....

I can only hope the house burns down during the movie and their are no survivors.

Then and only then he can get his forgiveness from God.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Statute of limitations is well over. Bull shit thread.
    Who wants me to link them to the article? This took place in the UK.

If I do link you to the article, please don't post the details here on the forum.

I'm telling the truth.

Obs
    Which bit is shit-stirring?
    Tachlinovan
    Family_guy and Capebuffalo like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    The average limitation period across the EU is about 12 years from the date of the alleged offence with a maximum of 20 years if the alleged victim was under age at the time or if violence was supposedly involved.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    The average limitation period across the EU is about 12 years from the date of the alleged offence with a maximum of 20 years if the alleged victim was under age at the time or if violence was supposedly involved.
    In the UK there is no limitation, you will still stand trial for a crime 30+ years ago.... especially for crimes of this nature.

Kimbo, I mean this in the nicest way possible.... you have your own difficulties to contend with and whilst I understand that the man is yet to be proven guilty... any man accused of such things is not someone you want to be associating with.
    Family_guy and Kimbo Almond like this.

I have an idea for the people who think I'm bullshitting.

1) Pick one of you who is trusted and respected
    2) I'll give this trusted person a link to the news article
    3) The trusted person can choose any shop in my town and I will go down to the shop and take a photo of myself outside it holding a piece of paper saying 'Kimbo'

Pick a trusted, respected person.

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post

Kimbo, I mean this in the nicest way possible.... you have your own difficulties to contend with and whilst I understand that the man is yet to be proven guilty... any man accused of such things is not someone you want to be associating with.
    I'm still mulling this over.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Take it back to basic ethics
    How much good are you adding if you help (how much help can you actually give him)?
    How much pain would be caused by you helping (your own and others)?
    Does the good outweigh the pain?
    I would think that there is not going to be much you can do to actually help, aside from slightly temporarily making him feel better by talking to someone
    I would think you would not feel good about it because of all the allegations, and you have to consider the feelings of everyone else that's already involved.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I would think that there is not going to be much you can do to actually help, aside from slightly temporarily making him feel better by talking to someone
    The idea from the beginning was to get him into a residential programme to treat alcoholism.

Everyone in the church liked him and wanted to help him until they saw this news article.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The idea from the beginning was to get him into a residential programme to treat alcoholism.

Everyone in the church liked him and wanted to help him until they saw this news article.
    How very christian of them.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    How very christian of them.
    Funny it sounds more european to me.

Obs
    This is all bullshit along with every other thread he makes.
    He needs to be banned he has over 100 profiles though and keeps coming back.
    Honestly he probably just needs a bullet and it would solve a lot of his problems.
    Mooseman33 likes this.

I offerred to prove it to you that I'm not lying.

Honestly he probably just needs a bullet and it would solve a lot of his problems.
    I brought the Nutribullet back to Walmart and got a normal blender.

Blog Entries
    Shit, I kinda hope not

It's gotta suck ass if you're doing this for some sort of fun

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    100.. Profiles....why?

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Shit, I kinda hope not

It's gotta suck ass if you're doing this for some sort of fun

I'm telling the truth.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    100.. Profiles....why?
    His mental state has kinda blinded him.
    I try not to be mean but it gets past the point of out of hand. He needs a log or home thread or to move on.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

KennyJ is offline Member
    Why in the H...…………………………………………………….. was this thread started on this forum?
    Obs likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information