Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By Kimbo Almond
  • 2 Post By diesel101

Thread: His Last Day

Kimbo Almond is offline Banned

His Last Day

I work in a tyre warehouse. Car tyres, van tyres, truck tyres, tractor tyres. I spend my day unloading and loading trucks, stacking tyres, lacing tyres.

Within the past month, two guys in the warehouse resigned and gave two weeks' notice. One of them worked there 13 years, and the other worked there 6 years. They were an effective team and they almost always knew where to find any tyre.

One of them was supposed to have his last day this coming Tuesday, but it's now obvious that he hadn't intended to come back after this weekend. He went home at about 4pm on Friday. We first noticed that a lace of about 30 tyres had been pulled over, and it took us about 15mins to fix. Then we walked around the warehouse and found stacks of tyres pushed over in the van store, car store, jeep store ... upstairs and downstairs ... all over the warehouse.

It might take us a few days to clean up the mess. He also left a tap running but there was no damage done. He turned the office computer off and it took us a while to find the password to get back in. He took a big insulated high-viz coat home with him along with a pair of heavy-duty work pants.

Obviously this guy wanted to leave us with a big "fuck you" when he left. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I never have to worry about crap like that.
    Most employees that put in their notice are done immediately on the spot. I pay them for their 2 weeks, shake hands and part ways.
    Jayd85, Ernst and spywizard like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Shit
    I gave two weeks notice once and my employers couldnt find a licensed replacement.

They wouldnt give me the raise I beyond deserved, so I told them after two weeks you will pay me xxx per day, after week three xxx, after week four xxx..

I was there two more months lmao!
    Buncha dicks.

They even called me to work for them a few times afterward, when their guy they hired after me had health issues.

I wanted my pay to go up very little and even offered a plan to make my raise pay for itself.
    What the assholes couldn't understand was that I had to have that money to pay my bills and I knew they could afford it and a lot more. I ran that business for them while they sat and collected a check.

I left with dignity though.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    This is why I am still self employed & don't want to expand to having employees

Kimbo Almond is offline Banned
    I asked one of my colleagues just now what he thinks about all this, and he smiled and told me he thinks it's cool. (He thinks it's cool that the guy who resigned gave everyone a big 'fuck you' when he left).

The attitude I have right now is that "a job's a job", and I'm grateful to have a job, and so I don't think it's cool that the guy who left wrecked the place.

With that said, I can see the other side of this... i.e. retaliating for 6 years worth of grudges.
    Obs likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRReVpDicfU

Pretty much how I felt the whole time that I worked for someone else

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am going to sound like a business owner here but in all reality the people it hurt the most was his former coworkers. The lost money due to damage or lost time came from the company but in the long run it will come out of the other employees pockets.
    < <Samson> > and Obs like this.

Thread Information