• 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Chrisp83TRT
  • 1 Post By SocioMachiavelli
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Shitty workouts

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member

Shitty workouts

How often do you get a shitty workout? Today must have been the worst I have had in a while and I wasn't all there
    Only had one meal today
    60-80g carbs
    Maybe 65g protein
    50g fats
    (I know.. i didn't eat enough and no preworkout meal at all)

Wow, just had one of the worst gym sessions in a while. Pump was horrible, wasn't all there and just couldn't move the weight today
    I did hit back/legs heavy yesterday though so I'm guessing that had to do with it as well even though im sore, i feel alright but damn what a shit gym session...

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I pay more attention to why i get them.
    It usually boils down to adaption to preworkout, adaption to carb intake and lack of pump stimulants last 48 hours.
    Its easy guys. Bad workouts is all about failing the pump. How to avoid bad workouts?. Make sure u get a pump. How, find out what gives u pump. For most NOboosters and lots of good carbs. Sometimes u need caffein. But also beta alanin, baking soda, creatin, lcarnitine, larginine, citrillium (or what its called lol) malate, taurin. All good supps which DO WORK and have helped me.

Also, its shitty dogshit but sometimes ur way better staying home eating than going to the gym. Training is fun, eating sucks, but its the way it is.
    Dont go to the gym if u have not done your homework. Then do cardio instead. Or do a little lifting at home if the abstinens is too bad. Lifting is your payment, the dessert. Dont rush into the payment. It wont do. Noone gives ya a check if u havent done the work. The iron should be your eating reward. Dont u dear to take the shortcuts and go to the gym and lift heavy and look at the girls if your lazy ass skipped the meals. If u do that because ur a dumb horney mother fucker..U WILL GET SHITTY WORKOUTS!!!!
    EDCG19 and Thebricklayer like this.

Fuck.. to make matters worse I cant fucking sleep now

Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    I pay more attention to why i get them.
    It usually boils down to adaption to preworkout, adaption to carb intake and lack of pump stimulants last 48 hours.
    Its easy guys. Bad workouts is all about failing the pump. How to avoid bad workouts?. Make sure u get a pump. How, find out what gives u pump. For most NOboosters and lots of good carbs. Sometimes u need caffein. But also beta alanin, baking soda, creatin, lcarnitine, larginine, citrillium (or what its called lol) malate, taurin. All good supps which DO WORK and have helped me.

Also, its shitty dogshit but sometimes ur way better staying home eating than going to the gym. Training is fun, eating sucks, but its the way it is.
    Dont go to the gym if u have not done your homework. Then do cardio instead. Or do a little lifting at home if the abstinens is too bad. Lifting is your payment, the dessert. Dont rush into the payment. It wont do. Noone gives ya a check if u havent done the work. The iron should be your eating reward. Dont u dear to take the shortcuts and go to the gym and lift heavy and look at the girls if your lazy ass skipped the meals. If u do that because ur a dumb horney mother fucker..U WILL GET SHITTY WORKOUTS!!!!
    Yeah, I know fucked this one up. I didn't eat properly and just wasn't really needing the food today and it fucked with my workout. I usually always have a pre workout meal but today was different.. Training is fine, eating is fine sometimes I just dont have the need to stuff myself. If I was running more gear that would probably be a different case though

I dont lift at home, i need the gym i just didn't eat right and its bugging me basically, what a shitty workout you wouldn't believe. Still got it in though.
    I also did have caffeine and BCAA with some fruit in the gym but it didn't work

I need the carbs!!

teejey is offline Junior Member
    Happns to me more when I'm in a calorie deficit. I had one on Monday ironicly im pretty sore from it. I switched up the sequence of my routine and pressed after cable flys the normal strength just wasnt there. Hitting failure at 5 reps when normally 8 or,9 would be it. It was frustrating to feel like i couldnt engage my chest lats and triceps enough to push thr weight that I normally do. Im glad I'm actually sore tho cuz it worked switching it up. When I'm bulking I notice strength increases happen a lot faster and I dont have those shitty workouts where in deep weak

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    The way I look at it is that a craptacular workout is better than no workout at all. If it becomes a regular problem, then I look at look for a cause, but otherwise it's like Billy Bob said.....they can't all be winners.

https://youtu.be/_Ht4Ei3pdR8
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    As mentioned - focus on why it sucked & correct it

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    As Joe dirt said "You just gotta keep on keepin on"

I have had what I thought were crappy workouts and woke up the next day sore as hell
    EDCG19 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    This happens to me if i try and train everyday...just not enough recovery time...intensity is gone, best to stay home eat and rest
    EDCG19 and Chrisp83TRT like this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sometimes just keeping it simple will help and making sure your focused , if you arent , than you aren't going to have a good session.

Sometimes if I go to heavy I feel pain ( not the good kind ) and no pump.

It helps to do a good few sets of 20 reps with some serious mind muscle connection. It will get you in the game .
    Plus crank your favourite tunes.

I've had days where my music wasn't doing it for me and it kills my whole routine.

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    Couchlockd likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    When I have a shitty day, like say on shoulders, I drop all the stupid exercises that are messing with me and just do 30 sets of one single thing.

With shoulders I'll do 15 sets of bent over on incline bench laterals with very light weight and pause at top. I'm talking 15 lb dumbs.

Then 15 sets of db shoulder press.

On chest day I might decide to do no incline, or decline.
    Just bunch of flat bb bench and flat db bench.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You did back AND legs the day before? probably the two body parts that are going to cause the most systemic stress on the CNS followed by a next day workout with no fuel in the tank?

Don't beat yourself up about it, just be smarter about it next time. I wouldn't be training the next day after a back/leg workout, no chance.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    You did back AND legs the day before? probably the two body parts that are going to cause the most systemic stress on the CNS followed by a next day workout with no fuel in the tank?

Don't beat yourself up about it, just be smarter about it next time. I wouldn't be training the next day after a back/leg workout, no chance.
    Ya i agree, espicially an HIT wo

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post

I know man, but I can take this.(i can train heavy and multiple body part splits throughout the week with no issues usually) I figured it was too much back/legs and it felt like it but I usually can still get another workout in without issues. I am blaming the food tbh, I didn't meet me calorie requirements and still went in like yup going to hit arms today and with what energy? lol, i barely ate and felt like going anyway
    Tried to get some fast carbs in me but it wasn't working, BCAAs wasn't working, the caffeine wasn't working so i'm taking like two days off now and going to eat

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Ya i agree, espicially an HIT wo
    I usually hit HITT for like 5 minutes at the most, I dont go past 5-10 minutes of HITT
    Hit some sled drags and cardio last night but once it came time to lifting even though I hit the weights/sets/reps still wasn't feeling it the whole time
    CNS is fried maybe idk

Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I usually hit HITT for like 5 minutes at the most, I dont go past 5-10 minutes of HITT
    Hit some sled drags and cardio last night but once it came time to lifting even though I hit the weights/sets/reps still wasn't feeling it the whole time
    CNS is fried maybe idk
    Just to clarify HIT and HIIT are 2 different animals.
    HITT refers to a type of tactical training

Cuz is referring to HIT.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Yeah the training i speak of is dorian yates style training, something few actually go beyond failure
    almostgone likes this.

CNS is fried maybe idk

Yes, that refers to HIIT. Look at your post I quoted. You typed HITT, which is this:

https://www.fitness.marines.mil/Athlete/

See the difference?

you know what i meant

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Bettrr music

you know what i meant
    Never mind. I was trying to help. Have a nice trip.

Thread Information