• 2 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 2 Post By diesel101
  • 3 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 2 Post By Obs

Thread: I might have good news, need input

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

I might have good news, need input

I mentioned that I wanted to do a podcast a ways back, and it looks like it may happen. Gearheaded graciously accepted co-hosting with me, his knowledge will be invaluable, thank you GH. He is a great guy and adds a lot to this community. He is now dedicating even more. Once again, thank you.
    So it looks like there will be at least a pilot episode. Admin signed off, thanks admin. Obs said he will be the first guest! The first guy to take me under his wing when I got to the board, took his time to answer every question (and there were many questions) I had, always patient, always knowledgeable. And when he didn't know, he just said so and pointed me in the right direction.
    When it is done, I will contact *admin* and hopefully he will make a thread for us to post episodes in. They will be links to YouTube videos (though you will only see my desktop) . I keep flip flopping whether or not to make them unlisted videos. I want to keep it to just this community, but it would also be nice to attract new members if someone stumbles across it. So we will see.
    Format: rip off advices radio! Lol, kidding (though they are GREAT podcasts, especially blood sweat and gear, check them out). Bring on a guest, interview them, then go through some recent threads on the board that seem interesting and just "shoot the shit" about it.
    I will post a thread before each episode announcing the guest and the community can post any questions you would like to know about the person. I do encourage the guest to only answer the questions they feel comfortable, and go as in depth as they feel comfortable. I also already have 6-7 premade questions for every guest and don't want overly long episodes, so we probably won't cover all of them (plus they will be chosen at our discretion, so feel free to blame me and talk shit if yours isn't asked)
    So, what would you guys like to know about Obs?
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 08-31-2019 at 03:34 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Shit, sounds good. Honestly, I think Obs might be too much content to get it all in one episode.

Sounds like a great idea and a good way to draw on the crowds that hit other social media. Again, really, really good idea and "Thank you" to *Admin*!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^^^

I gotta throw a bump to this idea.
    Obs, HoldMyBeer and Proximal like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Seriously great idea, way to go!
    HoldMyBeer, almostgone and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I think this is a great idea for expansion of the board.

I am dumb on the subject but I also wonder where else it could be uploaded to draw attention.

Newcomers need to see this site as more interactive. We have 150 members online at any given time and over 3000 guests.

Now how do we make them see that they can spend time and interact with regular folks here and go to the gym better prepared than anyone there to accomplish their goals?

This forum is not cock full of drama anymore.
    In fact for the number of people online there is probably less negativity here than any board online and we are the oldest and largest cumulative library on AAS, training, and diet.

Its all been kicked around here in nearly 20 years.
    Making people realize this and see the good in participating with all the crap on youtube and facebook is a difficult thing.
    People have become accoustomed with the idea that any question asked on a forum will lead to assholes calling them names etc so they just dont participate I think.
    Well, we have almost eliminated the drama and info bias. We are open to new ideas and trying new shit rather than scorning it. (Cept fer that guy whos ass I ripped a while back.)

I think this will help a lot in showing we are normal and real people.

This really is an awesome idea you had.

Honored to be chosen for this HMB and thank you.
    i_SLAM_cougars and HoldMyBeer like this.

Obs
    Btw... Is this a censored no swearing thing?

I can be a gentleman for up to thirty minutes at a time
    Old Duffer likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Btw... Is this a censored no swearing thing?

I can be a gentleman for up to thirty minutes at a time
    Oh fuck no. There is no censorship around here!
    i_SLAM_cougars and Obs like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like an awesome idea!
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think this is a great idea. I have had the opportunity to grow while on this forum. When I came here I didn’t know shit. People here have helped me with cycles, training, bloodwork. Health concerns, etc , etc.
    Now it is more open to new ideas and different ways, methods and concepts.
    I remember when GH first came on and he was considered poison because he recommended cycling without an AI. God forbid the person that came here with new concepts. I personally said to myself, I’m going to try it. The results were remarkable.

Congrats to admin on trying and allowing ideas to make this site better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs, HoldMyBeer and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I think this is a great idea. I have had the opportunity to grow while on this forum. When I came here I didn’t know shit. People here have helped me with cycles, training, bloodwork. Health concerns, etc , etc.
    Now it is more open to new ideas and different ways, methods and concepts.
    I remember when GH first came on and he was considered poison because he recommended cycling without an AI. God forbid the person that came here with new concepts. I personally said to myself, I’m going to try it. The results were remarkable.

Congrats to admin on trying and allowing ideas to make this site better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol... I remember when he started talking insulin and DNP . You’d have thought he slapped someone’s mama. The rest of us were taking notes...

A lot of the old heads in here remind me of the old heads in my gym. Blasting 3-5 grams of gear a week and telling everyone they use 250mg of test and some deca . Then proceed to tell everyone they need to focus more on their training (meanwhile the only reason these guys spend 4 hours a day in the gym is because they stand around and talk to each other for 3 of those hours, and lift slower than shit).
    This is why I don’t believe pros when they try to say the same bullshit. Fucking Dorian Yates telling people “oh, I only took like a gram of test and some Masteron ” Some masteron? Like it was so insignificant you don’t even remember the amount??? GTFO. Like I get that you don’t want anything to take away from the fact that you lift hard, but you have 6 sandows and one of the top 3 backs of all time to stress that point. Lee priest is another one... “oh I only used drugs when i was getting ready for a contest (which I’m guessing he was getting ready for a contest for like 15 years straight), and I only used like 400mg of test”. Stop. I know you’re like 5’ tall, but you’re making yourself sound stupid. And then there’s mike o’hearn and his fucking ostrich eggs. He makes me want to fight.
    HoldMyBeer and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    lol... I remember when he started talking insulin and DNP . You’d have thought he slapped someone’s mama. The rest of us were taking notes...

A lot of the old heads in here remind me of the old heads in my gym. Blasting 3-5 grams of gear a week and telling everyone they use 250mg of test and some deca . Then proceed to tell everyone they need to focus more on their training (meanwhile the only reason these guys spend 4 hours a day in the gym is because they stand around and talk to each other for 3 of those hours, and lift slower than shit).
    This is why I don’t believe pros when they try to say the same bullshit. Fucking Dorian Yates telling people “oh, I only took like a gram of test and some Masteron” Some masteron? Like it was so insignificant you don’t even remember the amount??? GTFO. Like I get that you don’t want anything to take away from the fact that you lift hard, but you have 6 sandows and one of the top 3 backs of all time to stress that point. Lee priest is another one... “oh I only used drugs when i was getting ready for a contest (which I’m guessing he was getting ready for a contest for like 15 years straight), and I only used like 400mg of test”. Stop. I know you’re like 5’ tall, but you’re making yourself sound stupid. And then there’s mike o’hearn and his fucking ostrich eggs. He makes me want to fight.
    I am just prepping for a show.
    Olympia 2030.
    i_SLAM_cougars and HoldMyBeer like this.

Thread Information