• 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 4 Post By KennyJ
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Gym rant

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member

Gym rant

You ever get pissed off seeing other people in the gym and noticing they never, NEVER fucking push themselves and they just show up in the gym to do some stupid shit, waste time on their phone and waste everyone elses time on machines or weights others can be using while you are standing there doing fucking nothing and wasting everyones time!!! Why are these people in the gym?
    They never push themselves and they happen to just show up to waste time
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Thebricklayer is offline Junior Member
    Almost every day brother. Why would you come to the gym just to set on a piece of equipment and play on your phone?
    HoldMyBeer and EDCG19 like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I feel the same exact way - I get away with this when I’m busy, I stay on my phone damn near 24x7 - including while I’m at the gym, but this all work related & I already look like this

I’ll see people just taking up space, not exerting themselves worth a shit & that’s exact what they look like

What that shit reminds me of is PE class back in school, when hid from the rest of the kids because we didn’t wanna do shit
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    or the people who complain about sweating lmao that's one of my favorites. Perhaps they should fucking try working hard!
    HoldMyBeer and EDCG19 like this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    They really don't bother me, unless they're affecting my routine. Then I get pissed. Fucking casuals.... They're not making any progress, and just impeding other people's

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

The phone thing isn't too bad or even the "resting on equipment" isn't that bad at all
    What is starting to get to me is nobody is fucking pushing themselves
    They do the bare fucking minimum and expect what? gains???
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    They really don't bother me, unless they're affecting my routine. Then I get pissed. Fucking casuals.... They're not making any progress, and just impeding other people's

HoldMyBeer likes this.

HDThunder is offline Junior Member
    I don't really give a fuck what these people do in the gym. Some of them I've seen for years and they still look like they've never picked up a weight. As long as they don't get in my way I don't really care. When they do they find out what an asshole I can be. As in telling them if you're not going to do that machine get the fuck off it.
    Last edited by HDThunder; 03-09-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Proximal likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Is she hot? I mean - go for it, I'll watch. . . . lol

The ones that just stare me down like i'm the last man on earth really do give me motivation
    Cylon357 likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    One of the main reasons I lift in solitude way out in the middle of nowhere...my equipment, my music, my bodily fluids, my flatulence, and I can cuss as loud as I want.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BOPJohnDoe is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ahh the benefits of having my own gym in my garage (soon to be in my new house)
    almostgone likes this.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The phone thing isn't too bad or even the "resting on equipment" isn't that bad at all
    What is starting to get to me is nobody is fucking pushing themselves
    They do the bare fucking minimum and expect what? gains???
    Not only that but this is another part of that that pisses me off..

Skinny dude wants to get bigger , asks me for advice, explain everything to a T and the grand finale is they don't eat enough at all then say some bullshit like WELL, NOT EVERYONE HAS GOOD GENETICS! I could NEVER be a coach. All the guys I know who are fucking despise it.

You have better luck telling a fucking cardboard box to eat a calorie surplus than the avg person. Neither of them will eat a calorie surplus but at least the box won't try to make excuses.

I know it is silly to get upset but it actually makes my brain start flipping the fuck out when someone is doing a very basic mistake and then claiming their genes are bad.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 03-09-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Benefits?!

How is starring at hot chix @ the gym not a benefit? Shit, the last one we got was from the gym - she was the Zumba class instructor

The benefits r endless - Lol

Shit, I been too sick to go - I barely make it rn to maintain

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Benefits?!

How is starring at hot chix @ the gym not a benefit? Shit, the last one we got was from the gym - she was the Zumba class instructor

The benefits r endless - Lol

Shit, I been too sick to go - I barely make it rn to maintain
    Of course its a benefit but the gym I'm at there is this one cardio bunny type who does bench but she always does the same fucking thing its annoying. She will come in, train next to me and sit there for 10 fucking minutes, goes does 3-5 reps on 155lb bench and than sit there for 10 fucking minutes while im repping out 2 plates and trying to get to that 275lb mark but not there yet... and no she's not interested in me (i know by now shes not but she is there to play mind games)
    Sometimes she'll be hogging up the machine and im sitting there about to scream GET UP!!! and go home damnit
    There is another one who will hog up the only cable machine in the gym while i want to get in some cable work and she's doing nothing!!!! but standing there damnit
    Get up and put some work in if you train at a powerlifting gym for gods sake.. dont get me mad

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it's your pants, not you head, that she is trying to get into!
    I wish but i already tried talking to her a few weeks ago, her body language said it all she doesn't want me but she wants to stare...
    Cylon357 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    On an ab crunch machine today. Guy takes the one next to me. Holy F dude, have you not showered in a year? Do you EVER wash your gym clothes? Almost gagged.

Went to another machine across the gym & could still smell that crap. Finally grabbed one of those alcohol wipes used to clean sweat off machines. I rammed it up each nostril so I could get the stench out.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Two types I dont like at gyms.

Gym picesses:

Go there to set up a bullshit circuit routine where they string fuckingweights out over three benches with 6 dumbells and four machiness. They do 20 reps and never sweat or try and are only there so people look at them and they can post ass shotson instagram.

Teenagers:
    Bro bro bro bro bro bro.... Ten of them in a circle around the gym owner looking for acceptance. Laugh and talk like they are at a concert and overly confident until they see me. They watch me like thats why they came to the gym.

People I love seeing at tge gym:

The overweight mother sweating her ass off for an hour and ahalf on the treadmill.
    The older powerlifters and 70+ year olds in general.
    People who grunt and sweat with their headphones on.
    Any true failure lifter.

The rest need to go to the community center.

Obs
    Do you see my ass ass as I do walking lunges down every aisle?

Fuck yes sweetie... I want to kick it.
    EDCG19 and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Two types I dont like at gyms.

Gym picesses:

Go there to set up a bullshit circuit routine where they string fuckingweights out over three benches with 6 dumbells and four machiness. They do 20 reps and never sweat or try and are only there so people look at them and they can post ass shotson instagram.

Teenagers:
    Bro bro bro bro bro bro.... Ten of them in a circle around the gym owner looking for acceptance. Laugh and talk like they are at a concert and overly confident until they see me. They watch me like thats why they came to the gym.

People I love seeing at tge gym:

The overweight mother sweating her ass off for an hour and ahalf on the treadmill.
    The older powerlifters and 70+ year olds in general.
    People who grunt and sweat with their headphones on.
    Any true failure lifter.

The rest need to go to the community center.
    Couldn't agree more man, just something about people in the gym and not putting in the work starting to piss me off.. its quite simple you're there to hit the weights not to waste time. Sometimes i wish i could kick them out but i would rather not waste my energy on them like im doing now...
    Obs likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If you got enough energy (mental or otherwise) to spend even thinking about this you might need a second hobby.
    Proximal likes this.

Blog Entries
    ^ lol

Some folk at the gym to bug the fuck out of me. . . I remember one, maybe about 2 months back. Good looking girl - I’m on a flat bench - come on lady, do you have to do flies over me while I’m laying - guys r even worse - come on man, you aren’t gonna look like me by starring & flopping them weights around because u think I’m looking

Gawd, I miss the gym

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Got another one! Just saw it, pissed me off cuz I needed the equipment
    When people are doing an exercise... That's not a fucking exercise and doesn't do anything but risk injuring them
    It's not exercise, warm-up, mobility, it's just some dumb fucking thing that their bat shit brain came up w. Get the fuck out of my way!

Cylon357 likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    If you got enough energy (mental or otherwise) to spend even thinking about this you might need a second hobby.
    If you have enough time to interact on social media or this board period there are more productive hobbies.
    tarmyg and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

cant disagree on that, its not a big issue but i do focus on strangers in the gym sometimes and look around etc.. have to do something during resting periods and checking who is checking you out
    if i had to guess the others around here try to ignore everyone and shut them out of view while i stare at anyone (sometimes..)
    Obs likes this.

Obs

cant disagree on that, its not a big issue but i do focus on strangers in the gym sometimes and look around etc.. have to do something during resting periods and checking who is checking you out
    if i had to guess the others around here try to ignore everyone and shut them out of view while i stare at anyone (sometimes..)
    I can.
    Tarmyg was complaining about someone complaining.

All this board is is fun threads like this and its what keeps it going. The rest is scientifically proven 99% bullshit that works for some and not for others.

Facts suck.
    They are boring as hell and there is always a gray area where it can be proven non fact. For that reason if you remove flavorful threads like this there would be no board.

I can bullshit here.

KennyJ is offline Member
    I have a friend from work who has been having health issues and is limited on how much he can exert himself at this time. He’s one of the hardest working guys at work and in the gym when he’s 100%. If you walked in right now he looks exactly like you are talking. Looks like he’s not even trying. Just mentioning this so people will be careful before they all out judge someone without knowing the situation.
    Proximal, Obs, BG and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    I have a friend from work who has been having health issues and is limited on how much he can exert himself at this time. He’s one of the hardest working guys at work and in the gym when he’s 100%. If you walked in right now he looks exactly like you are talking. Looks like he’s not even trying. Just mentioning this so people will be careful before they all out judge someone without knowing the situation.
    I agree with this for sure

“We” are just generalizing - of course
    i.e. The heffer I see walk in with a soda, that walks for 30 mins at a 2mph pace
    KennyJ likes this.

darktime is online now New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    My brothers like this, really bad asthma and hypotension - ends up taking 5 minute rests between sets. We still take the absolute pish out of him for it...

• Thread Information