Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: Guitarzan's fat loss adventure

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    How did you get into the firework biz?
    Been a hobby of mine for years, I build some pretty big stuff! I build shells up to 14"!
    MuscleScience, Family_guy and Obs like this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Been a hobby of mine for years, I build some pretty big stuff! I build shells up to 14"!
    That’s so awesome! I’ve always wanted to do that. I’ve been taking apart fireworks and making my own since I was a kid...not a single one has worked how I wanted it to though!
    Obs likes this.

That’s so awesome! I’ve always wanted to do that. I’ve been taking apart fireworks and making my own since I was a kid...not a single one has worked how I wanted it to though!
    This is a good place to learn, the guys on there are great. I'm guitarzan on there also

https://fireworking.com
    Family_guy and Obs like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    RE: cardio, get a road bike. 1000 cals/hr is no problemo, a lot more if you're truly fit. More than 3000 cals/hr in extreme cases. It's easy on the joints and the scenery changes a lot. When you run, 70% of the calories you burn goes to cooling the system, so it's easy to exhaust your cooling system and get overheated when running. Ideal temperature for a marathon is mid-50s. Cycling creates its own wind, which provides increased evaporative cooling. Riders in the Tour de France spend 3x as much time in the saddle every day as an Olympian does in a marathon, but they do it again every day for three weeks.

Plus, cycling will give you athletic heart syndrome, an oversized pump for the CV system (if resistance training didn't already give you one). Then you get to turn that massive pump loose dropping iron.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    RE: cardio, get a road bike. 1000 cals/hr is no problemo, a lot more if you're truly fit. More than 3000 cals/hr in extreme cases. It's easy on the joints and the scenery changes a lot. When you run, 70% of the calories you burn goes to cooling the system, so it's easy to exhaust your cooling system and get overheated when running. Ideal temperature for a marathon is mid-50s. Cycling creates its own wind, which provides increased evaporative cooling. Riders in the Tour de France spend 3x as much time in the saddle every day as an Olympian does in a marathon, but they do it again every day for three weeks.

Plus, cycling will give you athletic heart syndrome, an oversized pump for the CV system (if resistance training didn't already give you one). Then you get to turn that massive pump loose dropping iron.
    Yeah.... I feel like an asshole when I bike on the road. Because when I'm driving and I see one, I think, "what an asshole"

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

biking is unique in in regards to how it can burn more calories than naturally possible due to the fact you blow off so much heat while moving. iirc your body uses 6x the energy to get somewhere walking opposed to biking which makes it actually harder to expend energy. not to mention this feels good as fuck.

I live near a pond / cemetery and I throw food at the local geese /ducks/herons and they will follow me the entire time I ride my bike. WAY funner than being in a gym on a treadmill with a bunch of stimmed out crazy people around me.
    Family_guy likes this.

I got a mountain bike, I ride some in evenings. Damn that thing kicks my ass
    PeanutbutterDC and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    I got a mountain bike, I ride some in evenings. Damn that thing kicks my ass
    do you take it off the road?...I love mountain biking and find it amazing cardio as I do a lot of single track that involves many climbs...
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    do you take it off the road?...I love mountain biking and find it amazing cardio as I do a lot of single track that involves many climbs...
    Yep, my neighbor has 1500 acres, with 11 miles of roads through the woods! I'm riding off road only, some of it sandy, so hard pedaling!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Ghetto has a $75k bicycle.

Obs
    Juzt keep your damn bikes off holmes road.
    One of you is gonna get killed. If not by a branch sticking off my truvck then by a grain hauler when he comes over the hill and there you are... Back to traffic, headphones in, and oncoming traffic.

Do you put the 18 wheeler in the ditch and die or do you run over the biker?

No greater love hath a man than to ditch his truck for an asswipe in tights with a funny hat.
    Family_guy and fiddlesticks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Juzt keep your damn bikes off holmes road.
    One of you is gonna get killed. If not by a branch sticking off my truvck then by a grain hauler when he comes over the hill and there you are... Back to traffic, headphones in, and oncoming traffic.

Do you put the 18 wheeler in the ditch and die or do you run over the biker?

No greater love hath a man than to ditch his truck for an asswipe in tights with a funny hat.
    Lmao! I don’t think anyone here lives anywhere near Holmes road
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Lmao! I don’t think anyone here lives anywhere near Holmes road
    Nope... They are all the same fukt up cult of weirdos in tights with funny hats.

Exercising their rights to nail some poor sucker with involunary manslater charges after they bounce of the windshield. Dirty little kamikazes...
    Last edited by Obs; 05-29-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

Obs
    "I do believe I will put in them stripud tights and fuck up peoples day!" -every bicyclist in a public road
    Family_guy and fiddlesticks like this.

Obs
    People get killed jogging on train tracks with headphones in...

Bicyclist on holmes rd=same mentality.

These motorcyclist riding tandem and strafe are no better.

Your foot sticks over the line and I may tear it off with an outside dual. I aint wrecking cuz yer daddy didnt teach you to ride in your lane.

MTBing is different how it stresses the CV system. Road biking is long stretches of aerobic with occasional spurts at the anaerobic threshold. MTBing has frequent anaerobic bursts and slack off as much as you need in between to recover. MTB racers generally do most of their training on the road to get the cardio without having to beat themselves to death to get it.
    guitarzan likes this.

Your foot sticks over the line and I may tear it off with an outside dual. I aint wrecking cuz yer daddy didnt teach you to ride in your lane.
    Lol...

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member

Being an avid biker never understood the tandem riders. No place to go if things turn bad quick. I normally ride by myself 95% of the time because of my growing hate for a majority of the population and gives me time to clear the head for awhile.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    "I do believe I will put in them stripud tights and fuck up peoples day!" -every bicyclist in a public road
    What isnt to love? You get a way higher mortality rate from heart problems than people who sit on their ass all day and look like a twig to boot!

Pretty surprised you dont see roadkill bikers as much as deer honestly. The wind a car makes would prob be enough to shatter their pencil-like bones not to mention freezing their nearly skinless body lol.

People riding on the street seriously have a death wish, go ride in a cemetary before you end up in a cemetery lol
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 06-02-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    MTBing is different how it stresses the CV system. Road biking is long stretches of aerobic with occasional spurts at the anaerobic threshold. MTBing has frequent anaerobic bursts and slack off as much as you need in between to recover. MTB racers generally do most of their training on the road to get the cardio without having to beat themselves to death to get it.
    I think in general the heat you lose from biking is a massive factor in why they have such a bad mortality rate, when you try to picture what's happening internally it's pretty scary, the body (all animals in general) was designed to generate and use certain amounts of heat to dilate blood vessels when muscles are working but biking obviously breaks that process by making your body make way less heat to travel the same distance. Weight lifting would be the opposite effect, body has lots of heat to dilate the cardiovascular system because you are moving very little and also contracting the muscles very hard compared to biking.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Being an avid biker never understood the tandem riders. No place to go if things turn bad quick. I normally ride by myself 95% of the time because of my growing hate for a majority of the population and gives me time to clear the head for awhile.
    I rode solo and in the middle of the lane.
    I kept running over animals and racing gay boys on crotch rockets so I sold it.

Never was a biker.
    People would point their finger at the ground and I would wave like spongebob
    Family_guy likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I think in general the heat you lose from biking is a massive factor in why they have such a bad mortality rate, when you try to picture what's happening internally it's pretty scary, the body (all animals in general) was designed to generate and use certain amounts of heat to dilate blood vessels when muscles are working but biking obviously breaks that process by making your body make way less heat to travel the same distance. Weight lifting would be the opposite effect, body has lots of heat to dilate the cardiovascular system because you are moving very little and also contracting the muscles very hard compared to biking.
    Please stop talking about heat generation and dissipation. You proved in your other thread that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HoldMyBeer and Family_guy like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Please stop talking about heat generation and dissipation. You proved in your other thread that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh lawd more parasitic misery loves company bullshit.

It's pretty funny that you are going to attempt to refute something that is so easy to understand and then claim I'm not right so honestly fuck being nice at this point, It takes roughly 1/6th of the muscular energy to travel the same distance biking compared to walking, please explain to me how this fact and the fact endurance athletes have significantly higher cardiovascular mortality is false, if you cant comprehend that idk what to even say.

Holy shit! I can say the grass is green and some miserable bastard will have some dumb shit to say lmao.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190602-160912_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	742.6 KB 
ID:	176708

Name:	Screenshot_20190602-160626_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	894.5 KB 
ID:	176709

While yall argue about how to loose fat, I'll just go ahead and post a pic of my fast loss from the last two months

Time to fill in some loose skin with muscle!
    Family_guy, Richard Head and Obs like this.

Name:	Screenshot_20190602-160912_Chrome.jpg 
Size:	742.6 KB 
ID:	176708

Name:	Screenshot_20190602-160626_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	894.5 KB 
ID:	176709

While yall argue about how to loose fat, I'll just go ahead and post a pic of my fast loss from the last two months

Time to fill in some loose skin with muscle!
    Even your face looks more defined! No joke.
    Nice traps too. Great work

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Oh lawd more parasitic misery loves company bullshit.

It's pretty funny that you are going to attempt to refute something that is so easy to understand and then claim I'm not right so honestly fuck being nice at this point, It takes roughly 1/6th of the muscular energy to travel the same distance biking compared to walking, please explain to me how this fact and the fact endurance athletes have significantly higher cardiovascular mortality is false, if you cant comprehend that idk what to even say.

Holy shit! I can say the grass is green and some miserable bastard will have some dumb shit to say lmao.
    Actually the grass isn’t green per se. it’s absorbing al the other wavelengths and reflecting back only the green light. Sorry man wrong again. Lol
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

Name:	09D844DC-0E75-49B2-8D70-6AB4202C85BA.jpeg 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	176740
    Obs likes this.

Once upon a time I signed up for one of those "centuries," the crazy 100-mile "fun rides" that cyclists do. So I mapped out a month long training and diet strategy so I could finish strong.

For the final seven days of training I averaged 80 miles and 8000 calories a day. 5000 cals was all I could do eating "healthy" solid food, so I was topping off on a carbo sport drink (a blend of glucose, fructose & lactose). The day before the big ride I sat on my ass all day and did nothing but eat. 10,000 calories. Didn't lift a finger unless absolutely necessary. Even kept a Gatorade jug next to my recliner so I only ever had to get up to empty my piss bottle.

The morning before the ride I stepped on a scale and found I weighed eight pounds less than when I'd weighed eight days before. And I'd eaten at least eight pounds of food the day before (plus probably 12 lbs in fluids) without exercising or taking an 8-pound dump. Which means I'd lost about two pounds per day on the final week of training. While eating 8000 calories. Lost as in fat that disappeared.

I've ridden several centuries since then (and two double-centuries, 200 miles in a day) but never got that elaborate with preparation since. The funny thing is during that first one I decided to follow a couple of younger, faster guys (drafting is very important in cycling), who turned out in fact to be suitably young and fast but not especially swooft. They missed a turn on the route (and I was trusting their navigation and not bothering to do my own) so my century ended up being 120 miles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information