Thread: Guitarzan's fat loss adventure

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Guitarzan's fat loss adventure

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2019-04-01_14-42-02.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	556.3 KB 
ID:	176304

I'm starting this thread to help motivate me to reach my goal. I started this adventure in June of 2017, with the goal of being able to see my abs by end of this June, while still retaining some good muscle mass. The first pic is may of 2017, about 2 weeks before I started, and the other today. I've come along way, but have a long way to go, so I'm going all in on fat loss for the next 3 months. I will be posting progress pics here for motivation. If we start another comp, I'll mostly post there, but will post final pics here too. My plan is to add cardio, at least 30 mins a day, and tighten my diet up. I'm also taking t3 and eca, and will probably swap the eca for clen in 6 weeks. I will also stay on the light test/tren cycle I'm on, to help maintain muscle mass. Feel free to offer advice! I am currently 240lbs, and guessing around 22% bf?

Got in 30 mins on the elliptical this morning, and hit chest and back afterwards. I normally dont like to do cardio first, but that's my plan right now since I'm more worried about losing fat than muscle
    Obs, almostgone and fiddlesticks like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tarzan- I’m definitely following your progress over the last couple of years has been great. Keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family_guy, guitarzan, Obs and 1 others like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Git er don son
    Obs, almostgone and guitarzan like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    You are a badass tarzan

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Following!

Amazing progress guitarzan.
    Obs, guitarzan and almostgone like this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    you are already a winner brother.

the progress from 2017 to now is amazing.
    guitarzan, almostgone and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    You have come a long way brother keep on trucking with your bad ass self...good luck I’m following...
    guitarzan and almostgone like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post

Name:	IMG_2019-04-01_14-42-02.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	556.3 KB 
ID:	176304

I'm starting this thread to help motivate me to reach my goal. I started this adventure in June of 2017, with the goal of being able to see my abs by end of this June, while still retaining some good muscle mass. The first pic is may of 2017, about 2 weeks before I started, and the other today. I've come along way, but have a long way to go, so I'm going all in on fat loss for the next 3 months. I will be posting progress pics here for motivation. If we start another comp, I'll mostly post there, but will post final pics here too. My plan is to add cardio, at least 30 mins a day, and tighten my diet up. I'm also taking t3 and eca, and will probably swap the eca for clen in 6 weeks. I will also stay on the light test/tren cycle I'm on, to help maintain muscle mass. Feel free to offer advice! I am currently 240lbs, and guessing around 22% bf?
    Nice work, man!! What was your starting bodyweight?
    guitarzan likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm similar with a natural endo/meso kind of body, weight is stubborn to move down. Lots of muscle but blubber sticks hard.

T3 is a great move IMO, excellent for our bodytype.

High rep modest weight ab-focused deadlifts are super amazing too. I notice that thick fat on your stomach really won't budge unless you give it lots of work very frequently. Doesn't have to be super intense just enough to pump blood.

Maybe water fasting a day or two a week too. This tends to make you feel way better.
    guitarzan likes this.

Thanks guys
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Nice work, man!! What was your starting bodyweight?
    I started around 290, lost down to 208, but lost alot of muscle. For the last 6 months or I've concentrated on putting muscle back on, without gaining fat back. So right now I'm at a 50lb loss

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I'm similar with a natural endo/meso kind of body, weight is stubborn to move down. Lots of muscle but blubber sticks hard.

T3 is a great move IMO, excellent for our bodytype.

High rep modest weight ab-focused deadlifts are super amazing too. I notice that thick fat on your stomach really won't budge unless you give it lots of work very frequently. Doesn't have to be super intense just enough to pump blood.

Maybe water fasting a day or two a week too. This tends to make you feel way better.
    Sounds like good advice, thanks!
    fiddlesticks likes this.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like good advice, thanks!
    Clen is a scary bitch though especially while on tren . It does work very good at eliminating that thick fat I mentioned but the sides are obviously horrible.

Sounds bad but I think people like us naturally have shitty dopamine / other neurochem stuff going on so ephedrine is a great tool for us.
    guitarzan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Clen is a scary bitch though especially while on tren . It does work very good at eliminating that thick fat I mentioned but the sides are obviously horrible.

Sounds bad but I think people like us naturally have shitty dopamine / other neurochem stuff going on so ephedrine is a great tool for us.
    I do better on eca for sure
    fiddlesticks likes this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    Incredible work!!! I love that you started this! You really have already had such a great transformation!! Excited to see what the future brings!

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    Incredible work!!! I love that you started this! You really have already had such a great transformation!! Excited to see what the future brings!
    Thanks! For me, cardio and the dieting and everything that goes along with fat lost sucks...lol
    Lifting, clean bulking and growing is fun, so I'm gonna need lots of motivation to stick this out!
    KittyO1 and Obs like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Congrats on the progress Guitar! From 290 to this, damn!
    guitarzan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Congrats on the progress Guitar! From 290 to this, damn!
    Thanks man
    Proximal likes this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member
    Thanks! For me, cardio and the dieting and everything that goes along with fat lost sucks...lol
    Lifting, clean bulking and growing is fun, so I'm gonna need lots of motivation to stick this out!
    No joke! Bulking is wayyyy more fun!! I enjoy lifting for strength too!
    almostgone likes this.

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Zan, if you haven't tried GW501516, you should give it a shot

Clen did nothing to me for fat loss, ECA didn't either. They give me a boost of energy, but that's it.

Gw is melting fat away

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post

Clen did nothing to me for fat loss, ECA didn't either. They give me a boost of energy, but that's it.

Gw is melting fat away
    Damn, sorry Couch. I'm loving my Clen (and T3). Still drinking like a fish and losing fat. Funny though, no bump in energy.

Gw is melting fat away
    I do have some gw, started it this morning. Ran it before, but was taking so much stuf, I dont know what was working and what wasn't...lol

So far so good, two days in a row of cardio...lol
    30 mins on elliptical both days, legs are sore! Need to up my calories, I always tend to starve myself for a couple days when I first start a fat loss deal. I'm good at winging it when it comes to how much and what to eat when recomping or bulking, but never have been good at dialing it in for fat loss, without losing muscle. Probably gonna shoot for something like a 50/30/20, p/c/f
    Family_guy likes this.

So far so good, two days in a row of cardio...lol
    30 mins on elliptical both days, legs are sore! Need to up my calories, I always tend to starve myself for a couple days when I first start a fat loss deal. I'm good at winging it when it comes to how much and what to eat when recomping or bulking, but never have been good at dialing it in for fat loss, without losing muscle. Probably gonna shoot for something like a 50/30/20, p/c/f
    That's the same split for macros I'm 7sing dropped almost 20lb in the last 18 days.

I'm doing 5 miles on bike fasted upon waking and 5 miles before and after workout

Some days I'll skip am fasted cardio, but I make sure to get in the before and after miles

I'm eating all carbs pre and post.

My Cal's are at 2200 daily

I know, not enough whatever, but I know what works for me. I spill 9ver too much with excess Cal's.
    guitarzan likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'll be following too, keep it up!

Best,
    C-
    guitarzan likes this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    I started around 290, lost down to 208, but lost alot of muscle. For the last 6 months or I've concentrated on putting muscle back on, without gaining fat back. So right now I'm at a 50lb loss
    Wow!!! That’s an amazing thing to do. Great job Tarzan. Subbed. Will be following. You got this man! Keep rocking it!

That's the same split for macros I'm 7sing dropped almost 20lb in the last 18 days.

I'm doing 5 miles on bike fasted upon waking and 5 miles before and after workout

Some days I'll skip am fasted cardio, but I make sure to get in the before and after miles

I'm eating all carbs pre and post.

My Cal's are at 2200 daily

I know, not enough whatever, but I know what works for me. I spill 9ver too much with excess Cal's.
    I'm doing fasted cardio in the mornings too, and plan to start riding my bike in the evenings, once I build up my endurance a little. This cardio crap is kicking my ass!
    Obs and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    Wow!!! That’s an amazing thing to do. Great job Tarzan. Subbed. Will be following. You got this man! Keep rocking it!
    Thanks man
    Family_guy likes this.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definitely subbed!

You're a beast bro !!

Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    guitarzan likes this.

I'm doing fasted cardio in the mornings too, and plan to start riding my bike in the evenings, once I build up my endurance a little. This cardio crap is kicking my ass!
    Cardio sucks ass.

I can't even do it unless I get a TV in front of me to distract ne from looking at clock

"Oh fuck, it's only been 5 minutes"

Lol

Cardio sucks ass.

I can't even do it unless I get a TV in front of me to distract ne from looking at clock

"Oh fuck, it's only been 5 minutes"

Lol
    Yep. I usually change the settings on the machine ever 30 seconds. I may start with the resistance at 5, increase by 1 every 30 secs till I reach 20, then back it back down to 5, then wait a min or so and run it it back to 20. I steadily change it to keep me from getting bored
    Couchlockd likes this.

3 days have made a difference, vascularity starting to come in good

Name:	Screenshot_20190403-135623_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	973.5 KB 
ID:	176324

3 days have made a difference, vascularity starting to come in good

Name:	Screenshot_20190403-135623_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	973.5 KB 
ID:	176324
    You should have faked and out if town excuse and used these as finish pics in comp
    Family_guy and Obs like this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great progress so far! Few questions. How long and how much tren /test have you been on and plan to continue for 3 MONTHS?

IMHO you are looking for the magic pill try clen , try GH, try eca, test tren .... etc etc..... Yep they help!
    What is your TDEE? What is your method of tracking calories and macro's? There is no substitute for a good strict meal plan and sticking to it. Frequent small meals and hit your targets for macro's and calories.

Next is the cardio. I prefer fasted HIIT in the morning. I have posted this before. 5 minute warm up; 10 minutes of (15 seconds balls to the wall 45 second rest); 20 minutes steady state at about 70% max heart rate (220 - age x.7) https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/heartrate; then 5 minutes of (30 seconds hard 30 seconds easy); 5 minute cool down.

I do have some experience in this area. I went from 26% Bodyfat to 14% bodyfat in 6 months doing the above. Ohhh and one last thing that you ain't gonna like ... alcohol is wasted calories! LOL

I know you like to keep it simple. Do you have a PC that has microsoft office (excel) on it? If so I can help you. I have a spread sheet I made all you do is put in how many grams of P,F,C and it totals and graphs it against your target goal automatically. Of course I would have to set it up for your targets. (see pic for example).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guitarzan's fat loss adventure-example_log.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Great progress so far! Few questions. How long and how much tren /test have you been on and plan to continue for 3 MONTHS?

IMHO you are looking for the magic pill try clen , try GH, try eca, test tren .... etc etc..... Yep they help!
    What is your TDEE? What is your method of tracking calories and macro's? There is no substitute for a good strict meal plan and sticking to it. Frequent small meals and hit your targets for macro's and calories.

Next is the cardio. I prefer fasted HIIT in the morning. I have posted this before. 5 minute warm up; 10 minutes of (15 seconds balls to the wall 45 second rest); 20 minutes steady state at about 70% max heart rate (220 - age x.7) https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/heartrate; then 5 minutes of (30 seconds hard 30 seconds easy); 5 minute cool down.

I do have some experience in this area. I went from 26% Bodyfat to 14% bodyfat in 6 months doing the above. Ohhh and one last thing that you ain't gonna like ... alcohol is wasted calories! LOL

I know you like to keep it simple. Do you have a PC that has microsoft office (excel) on it? If so I can help you. I have a spread sheet I made all you do is put in how many grams of P,F,C and it totals and graphs it against your target goal automatically. Of course I would have to set it up for your targets. (see pic for example).
    Test and tren since January, but only been running tren at 200 a week. I've been on test for about 5 years. I seem to do better on eca for fat loss, but may swap to clen for the anti catabolic effect.

I dont know my tdee, dont know how to calculate it, guess I probably need to look into the that. I am doing fasted, hit cardio in the morning. I'm probably gonna try to wing it on the meals, I really hate counting and tracking macros. I'm doing much better on my diet, that and adding cardio I think is gonna make a big impact. I'f that doesnt get me there, then I'll do the macro thing
    bethdoth, Family_guy and Obs like this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you decide to start tracking, My Fitness Pal is an incredibly helpful app... Calculates calorie needs as well I think. Super easy to use.

C-
    clarky. and Family_guy like this.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Test and tren since January, but only been running tren at 200 a week. I've been on test for about 5 years. I seem to do better on eca for fat loss, but may swap to clen for the anti catabolic effect.

I dont know my tdee, dont know how to calculate it, guess I probably need to look into the that. I am doing fasted, hit cardio in the morning. I'm probably gonna try to wing it on the meals, I really hate counting and tracking macros. I'm doing much better on my diet, that and adding cardio I think is gonna make a big impact. I'f that doesnt get me there, then I'll do the macro thing
    Tarzan you know I'm a fan and want the best for you. 200mg tren a week for 6 months? You are not a spring chicken anymore. Keep an eye on your inside. Get some labs for liver function etc ...
    There is a simple TDEE calculator on line just Google it and punch in your numbers then subtact 500 that would be your target. Once you track for awhile it gets easier. Let me know if you want help.
    Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Tarzan you know I'm a fan and want the best for you. 200mg tren a week for 6 months? You are not a spring chicken anymore. Keep an eye on your inside. Get some labs for liver function etc ...
    There is a simple TDEE calculator on line just Google it and punch in your numbers then subtact 500 that would be your target. Once you track for awhile it gets easier. Let me know if you want help.
    I know what you mean, but that's 2-3 times less than what most folks take, and much less toxic than orals. Recently got bw, looked real good. Some of the guys 3 month cycles I see on here are far more toxic. Thanks for help, I will definitely be taking you up on that, once I realized winging it dont work...lol
    bethdoth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    If you decide to start tracking, My Fitness Pal is an incredibly helpful app... Calculates calorie needs as well I think. Super easy to use.

C-
    I think I downloaded that one time, or something similar

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information