Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Chernobyl HBO Series

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Group of 350 African Migrants Arrives in Texas After Crossing Border Illegally

9/11 was a pin-prick compared to what 20 immigrants infected with ebola (but not yet symptomatic) could cause. And if I've had the idea it stands to reason others have too, which makes you wonder ...what's stopping them?

I watched the first episode of 'Warrior' but it wasn't my style of drama. However, I did note in the opening credits that it's based on the writings of Bruce Lee. Which explains why they took the liberty of having the protagonist fight in a style mimicking Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee, if you didn't know, claimed he had conceived of the old David Carradine TV series, "Kung Fu." I don't think the details of what happened next is documented but some (including Lee's widow) believe the network took his idea without crediting him or offering him the starring role. But Lee's title for the series was to have been "The Warrior."
    Proximal and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Group of 350 African Migrants Arrives in Texas After Crossing Border Illegally

9/11 was a pin-prick compared to what 20 immigrants infected with ebola (but not yet symptomatic) could cause. And if I've had the idea it stands to reason others have too, which makes you wonder ...what's stopping them?

I watched the first episode of 'Warrior' but it wasn't my style of drama. However, I did note in the opening credits that it's based on the writings of Bruce Lee. Which explains why they took the liberty of having the protagonist fight in a style mimicking Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee, if you didn't know, claimed he had conceived of the old David Carradine TV series, "Kung Fu." I don't think the details of what happened next is documented but some (including Lee's widow) believe the network took his idea without crediting him or offering him the starring role. But Lee's title for the series was to have been "The Warrior."
    Lee was a complete and utter fake ass actor.
    I hate that guy and have zero respect for a "fighter" that makes top ten lists of worlds greatest all time fighters and never fought.

I would kick the everloving shit out of bruce lees ass it less than sixty seconds and that 120lb little asian would squeal like the little rich boy hollywood queer he was. Welcome to the ground bitch!

Obs
    wasn't meaning that at you beetle.

I just hate that phony bastard.
    Even his most famous quote was stolen

Obs

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    wasn't meaning that at you beetle.

I just hate that phony bastard.
    Even his most famous quote was stolen
    There was always this mystique about the highly stylized Asia martial arts, Wu Shu and Jeet Kun Do and all that happy horseshit. That's something we owe an eternal debt of gratitude to professional MMA for. Stripping off all the cosmetic contrivances and showing what works in the real world.

It also shows that little fellas have hard enough time knocking each other out.

All else being equal, when little man fights big man, ...bet on big man.
    Obs likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bruce lee would fuck you up Obs.

me on the other hand, I would kick his ass

U.S. Cities Overwhelmed With Numbers of Illegal Migrants Arriving From Ebola-Stricken Countries

Africans fleeing pandemic being transported throughout America

Some U.S. cities are becoming overwhelmed with the number of illegal African migrants arriving from Ebola-stricken countries, with Portland, Maine, complaining that they are beyond capacity.

Large groups of migrants are arriving from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which has been hit by one of the biggest ebola outbreaks in history, with 2,000 recorded cases in the last 10 months.

Border Patrol officials said that 500 people from African countries had been arrested by Border Patrol’s Del Rio Sector in Texas alone in the six days after May 30....

Proximal is offline Banned
    Studied both Wing Chun & JKD, both instructors top notch. My wing Chun teacher was around 5’5” and I’m guessing 150. When we spared, obviously he held WAY back. No gloves, I knew he wouldn’t hit me in the head & there was NO way possible I could land a head shot, not that he cared when he got hit. For fun he was landing arm shots (funny bone) and laughed when my arm would go numb. There was this shove (not a leg sweep) that got both of my feet off of the ground. When he hit the dummy he didn’t wear gloves. His knuckles were calcified over. I had some old videos once or him doing a seminar. With that non-digital format, the slow motion was not effective to get clean views of his movements. His life was dedicated to that style.

Wing Chun, definitely made for an undersized individual. It’s really not intended to be offensive based, great for counter striking. That was Bruce Lee’s style.

JKD was made for someone that did not have the time or a lifetime commitment to learning a fighting style. Bruce took some very basic elements of Wing Chun and incorporated them with multiple other styles. I started with JKD, but when I met my Wing Chun friend/teacher at work, it was obvious what style was the best & really legit.

To my best assessment, Lee was for real because of the wing chun and speed/power that were off the charts. It’s almost like Michael Jordan patented a basketball style only dedicated to his favorite moves. Sure anyone could mimic that “style”, but of course the “style” would be bs.

His work ethic is well documented. I don’t know where I heard the story about when Bruce was taking a cross-continental flight with the actor James Coburn. Bruce had a palm-sized bag of ball bearings. The entire 12-14 hour flight he punched the bag (that’s it, just sat there and kept punching the bad the whole time) until James Coburn finally just had enough & asked him to stop.
    Last edited by Proximal; 06-12-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Obs
    I hear BL fanboys say he would have beat Tysons ass in his prime and it strums a chord of anger in my soul.

Weihht divisions exist for a reason.

Obs

Gotta watch them little guys...

You could slip on their guts after you squish them and twist an ankle.

I hear BL fanboys say he would have beat Tysons ass in his prime and it strums a chord of anger in my soul.

Weihht divisions exist for a reason.
    In a ring, no.

Outside, maybe.

I’m convinced my teacher (who was great, but no Bruce Lee), wouldn’t care about size & weight divisions. I wouldn’t have bet against him in any bar fight.

Of course there are fan boys, of course his movie antics get blown out of proportion, and outrageous claims are made. But there is no way I’m going to call the guy a fake.

BTW, Wing Chun guy’s close gaps real fast and keep their moves minimal & compact; the wild high kicks & dancing/prancing are movie bs.

Gotta watch them little guys...

You could slip on their guts after you squish them and twist an ankle.

That was cool to watch, TY.

Would like to see Khabib in there with the mountain instead.
    Obs likes this.

"The Mountain," if you don't know, is the reigning world's strongest man. 6'9" and ~400 lbs.
    Obs likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    "The Mountain," if you don't know, is the reigning world's strongest man. 6'9" and ~400 lbs.
    correction.. his most recent weigh in was 203 KG . thats about 446 pounds

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    In a ring, no.

Outside, maybe.

I’m convinced my teacher (who was great, but no Bruce Lee), wouldn’t care about size & weight divisions. I wouldn’t have bet against him in any bar fight.

Of course there are fan boys, of course his movie antics get blown out of proportion, and outrageous claims are made. But there is no way I’m going to call the guy a fake.

BTW, Wing Chun guy’s close gaps real fast and keep their moves minimal & compact; the wild high kicks & dancing/prancing are movie bs.
    Mike tyson would murder outside the ring.
    Point is 120lb can bare knuckle hit tyson and not gonna phase him.
    One barenuckle hit from tyson to a 120lber would be homicide. If an arm gets in the way then it gets broke.
    Every single aspect of lee that is celebrated is either a novelty act or made for hollywood. Like the one inch punch where he stands strafe and pushes a guy into a chair, to his quotes, his supposed teaching of chuck norris who he did train with a very short time but he was already a national champ.

They guy was the eqivalent of van damme or segal.
    He was just the first on the scene and new how to work publicity.

In the one full pads fight he was in on camera he did not amazingly destroy his opponent. He struggled and won but it was no great victory.

The guy had so many claims to fame and nothing, zip, nada, to back them up. His supposed challenger on the movie set was just more publicity stunt to sell tickets to a nation mystified by some ancient asian secret art.

In the ring with Tyson, Lee might live afterward.
    On the street he would die in seconds.
    Tyson was a natural brawler. He would love nothing more that to get on top and beat a guy to death.
    Mooseman33 likes this.

Obs
    What do you suppose would happen if he grabbed a guy like connor by the arm and decided to use him as a lasso?

Mike tyson would murder outside the ring.
    Point is 120lb can bare knuckle hit tyson and not gonna phase him.
    One barenuckle hit from tyson to a 120lber would be homicide. If an arm gets in the way then it gets broke.
    Every single aspect of lee that is celebrated is either a novelty act or made for hollywood. Like the one inch punch where he stands strafe and pushes a guy into a chair, to his quotes, his supposed teaching of chuck norris who he did train with a very short time but he was already a national champ.

They guy was the eqivalent of van damme or segal.
    He was just the first on the scene and new how to work publicity.

In the one full pads fight he was in on camera he did not amazingly destroy his opponent. He struggled and won but it was no great victory.

The guy had so many claims to fame and nothing, zip, nada, to back them up. His supposed challenger on the movie set was just more publicity stunt to sell tickets to a nation mystified by some ancient asian secret art.

In the ring with Tyson, Lee might live afterward.
    On the street he would die in seconds.
    Tyson was a natural brawler. He would love nothing more that to get on top and beat a guy to death.
    What “kind” of fight is it. Martial arts were not designed to fight by rules or etiquette.

Wing Chun uses low kicks, not the “nice” thigh kicks used MMA that leave welts and after 3 rounds begin to slow the opponent
    but kicks that are meant to take out a knee or break a tibia (both which are incredibly easy to do when struck from the side).

Are we talking life or death? Then why would BL be trying to punch him in his thick head. You don’t need knock out power to crush a larynx, just speed and precision. Or a finger strike to the eye, a rap to the groin.

BL would close the distance and be almost chest to chest in a heart beat, why? How is Mike going to punch in that range?

I’m not here arguing that BL is a God or one of the greatest fighters that have ever lived, but I’m giving him a chance if he can use all of his strikes.

I’m aware of the mountain, yes.

So that automatically makes him the toughest man in the world as well? He doesn’t seem too quick and agile there.

...So that automatically makes him the toughest man in the world as well? He doesn’t seem too quick and agile there.
    He crushed Oberyn Martell's head like a grape.
    Obs and Proximal like this.

Obs
    I’m aware of the mountain, yes.

So that automatically makes him the toughest man in the world as well? He doesn’t seem too quick and agile there.
    He wouldnt need to be.
    In an actual fight its easy to see what would happen.
    He lets connor go in the first bit.

Had he wanted to he could have smashed him off the floor until dead or broken his neck like a twig and he is not a professional fighter.

Bruce lee could not get at any part of Tyson to stop him.

Bruce lee is only thought of with illusions of grandeur because of hollywood which is all spoof.

Would love to see a pro featherweight in any fighting sport step up to that sports heavyweight class.

Tyson was not slow at all.
    He was fast as shit and there is no comparing an imaginary fighter who performed novelty acts with a heavyweight champion boxer like tyson. Its absurd and asenine.

All bruces exeprtise and no videos of any real fight, just stories of an actor they made fake ping pong nun chuk videos of and videos of him punching a bag. He was phony. Trained or not he was not a fighter.

Obs

Footage of tyson vs lee
    Proximal likes this.

You know I was going to make that reference. If the dude didn’t get all gabby at the end, he had the fight won.

Mountain seems about as agile in Obs’s vid as he did in losing the GOT fight. And that is not a slight, every fighter has their weakness.

Obs, Iron Mike is my favorite fighter of all time. Watching him ascend as a new fighter was one of the greatest sports events I ever witnessed. His downfall crushed me.

Tyson’s weakness was that he was actually undersized as a heavy weight. His power came from his movement and putting his whole body into his punches. When he was moving and punching he was unstoppable.

Problem is, he stopped moving as much & became a stand-up fighter. His power was reduced, he became an easier target - never understood it. Like I said, his downfall really got to me. It was always him and Michael Jordan, they both seemed like sports gods to me, untouchable.

He wouldnt need to be.
    In an actual fight its easy to see what would happen.
    He lets connor go in the first bit.

Had he wanted to he could have smashed him off the floor until dead or broken his neck like a twig and he is not a professional fighter.

Bruce lee could not get at any part of Tyson to stop him.

Bruce lee is only thought of with illusions of grandeur because of hollywood which is all spoof.

Would love to see a pro featherweight in any fighting sport step up to that sports heavyweight class.

Tyson was not slow at all.
    He was fast as shit and there is no comparing an imaginary fighter who performed novelty acts with a heavyweight champion boxer like tyson. Its absurd and asenine.

All bruces exeprtise and no videos of any real fight, just stories of an actor they made fake ping pong nun chuk videos of and videos of him punching a bag. He was phony. Trained or not he was not a fighter.
    I’m sorry Obs, I wasn’t taking that video very seriously. It was fun, but that was it for me.

I have t admit, I was sold on the Connor hype. But, the Diaz fights left me underwhelmed and all of his antics of late makes him come off as nothing more than a clown. That’s why I said that I’d like to see the dude that leap-frogs several rows into a group of guys that was disrespecting him.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if god himself was in BL corner and trainer, he would still die fighting tyson in the streets.

mike would beat him within a inch of his life then fuck the last inch out of him.

Obs
    I’m sorry Obs, I wasn’t taking that video very seriously. It was fun, but that was it for me.

I have t admit, I was sold on the Connor hype. But, the Diaz fights left me underwhelmed and all of his antics of late makes him come off as nothing more than a clown. That’s why I said that I’d like to see the dude that leap-frogs several rows into a group of guys that was disrespecting him.
    I dont like connor.

My point was to show how defenseless he is.

I hear regular guys say "big and slow".

No.
    Not really slow at all.
    They didnt make weight divisions to protect big guys from little ones. Its to make the fight worth watching and equally yoked.

Khabib would get squished like a bug by the mountain just the same.

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog.

BTW, I didn’t say he was slow. I said he wasn’t quick and agile.

I hope you are not taking all of this stuff seriously. I’m just pumping more coffee into me, digesting breakfast, waiting for my workout & killing time.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I’m at a 2. With that said, you take out mountain’s knees, no brainer (just don’t get caught doing it or you’ll die).
    Last edited by Proximal; 06-13-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Obs
    It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog.
    Just as much fight in big guys as little ones.

Obs
    I will change my mind when a featherweight takes a heavyweight in the UFC or boxing.

Its physics.

I will change my mind when a featherweight takes a heavyweight in the UFC or boxing.

Its physics.
    Obviously.

But put Jackie Chan in there, give him a prop like a chair or broom?

Hey, no contest, lol.
    Obs likes this.

And now life imitates art. The Rooskies are moving a floating nuclear reactor platform to some god-forsaken icehole that's colder than a gravediggger's ass in the northernmost region of eastern Russia at 69° north fucking latitude. For comparison, the northernmost mainland point in the US is Point Barrow Alaska, 71° north, which works out to a shade less than 140 miles difference.

How tone deaf are they that they should do this on the heels of the highly successful TV series about the world's worst ever nuclear accident? It's even being called "floating Chernobyl." But the comparison is largely hyperbolic as this isn't an obsolete and inherently dangerous RBMK reactor, it's a pressurized water reactor, same type as America (and other civilized countries) have preferred since the dawn of the nukular age. And this particular design is one that's been in service in Russian icebreakers for going on 30 years. And if there's one thing the Rooskies know better than anyone else, it's dealing with arctic sea ice.

The Akademik Lomonosov is supposed to produce enough power for a city of 100,000.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Don’t be down about being a Conner fan, he was great he just made a horrible greedy mistake and went for money while in his prime. If he fought Khalib instead of Mayweather the fight would have been much different. As far Diaz fight, Nate is one of the toughest walking this earth.

Proximal likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Don’t be down about being a Conner fan, he was great he just made a horrible greedy mistake and went for money while in his prime. If he fought Khalib instead of Mayweather the fight would have been much different. As far Diaz fight, Nate is one of the toughest walking this earth.
    That is an interesting way to think of it BG. And yes, agreed, Nate Diaz is one tough mf’r.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    correction.. his most recent weigh in was 203 KG . thats about 446 pounds
    His wikipedia page states: "180–200 kg (397–441 lb)"

I wrote "~400 lbs." "~" means approximately and 400 is approximately 397-441.

What I wrote is in no need of correction.

22 Aug 2019303

Moscow (AFP) – Russia will launch the world’s first floating nuclear reactor and send it on an epic journey across the Arctic on Friday, despite environmentalists warning of serious risks to the region...

...But environmental groups have long warned of the dangers of the project, dubbing it a potential “Chernobyl on ice” and a “nuclear Titanic.”

A deadly explosion this month at a military testing site in Russia’s far north, causing a radioactive surge, has prompted further concerns.....

What THE FUCK is a "radioactive surge"?
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information