Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By HDThunder
  • 2 Post By redz
  • 2 Post By Cowboymike
  • 1 Post By Cowboymike
  • 3 Post By ZXY2
  • 2 Post By ZXY2
  • 2 Post By Cowboymike
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 2 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By ZXY2

Thread: Reality shifting/Consciousness and mediation

  1. #1
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256

    Reality shifting/Consciousness and mediation

    Anyone follow this kind of life style or understand what this is? My whole life is changing and its because of this stuff
    Basically what you focus on and what you think about makes your mental state/perception and if you look at life through a higher level of consciousness than things change

    Cowboymike likes this.

  2. #2
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256
    bump

    Does this idea of reality shaping make sense? Your thoughts change/shape your reality so if you change your thoughts or not focus on your mind/thoughts than life will improve
    Is this correct?
    Cowboymike likes this.

  3. #3
    HDThunder's Avatar
    HDThunder is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    126
    Makes some sense. I've always believed the saying that your perception is your reality.
    Cowboymike likes this.

  4. #4
    Kimbo Almond is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    bump

    Does this idea of reality shaping make sense? Your thoughts change/shape your reality so if you change your thoughts or not focus on your mind/thoughts than life will improve
    Is this correct?
    I do think that what you choose to think about, to watch, to listen to, to observe, very much affects your psychological disposition.

    Nowadays though, instead of figuring out new things to think about, I try to get better at not thinking. The reason why I chant or meditate for an hour is because that's an hour that I'm awake and not thinking. If you create a habit of setting aside time each day to be awake but not think, it has a purifying effect on the mind over time.

  5. #5
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    13,848
    We are the architects of our own lives we bring things in to them through the law of attraction.
    ZXY2 and Cowboymike like this.

  6. #6
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Almond View Post
    I do think that what you choose to think about, to watch, to listen to, to observe, very much affects your psychological disposition.

    Nowadays though, instead of figuring out new things to think about, I try to get better at not thinking. The reason why I chant or meditate for an hour is because that's an hour that I'm awake and not thinking. If you create a habit of setting aside time each day to be awake but not think, it has a purifying effect on the mind over time.
    Tell me how to "not think" because right now all i seem to do is think

  7. #7
    Kimbo Almond is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Tell me how to "not think" because right now all i seem to do is think
    I always suggest to people to chant for a month or two before getting into meditation.

    Here's one of the most common chants in the world:

    hare krishna, hare krishna
    krishna krishna, hare hare
    hare rama, hare rama
    rama rama, hare hare

    If you haven't got beads to run through your fingers then you can just set an alarm clock for 1 hour. If you find it tedious at the very beginning then you can even do it while sitting watching television. I have my beads and so I walk through a trail in the forest doing it.

    Paranoia gets worse and worse and worse the more you think.

  8. #8
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Almond View Post
    I always suggest to people to chant for a month or two before getting into meditation.

    Here's one of the most common chants in the world:

    hare krishna, hare krishna
    krishna krishna, hare hare
    hare rama, hare rama
    rama rama, hare hare

    If you haven't got beads to run through your fingers then you can just set an alarm clock for 1 hour. If you find it tedious at the very beginning then you can even do it while sitting watching television. I have my beads and so I walk through a trail in the forest doing it.

    Paranoia gets worse and worse and worse the more you think.
    Thats good to hear i actually have some beads with me right now..

  9. #9
    Kimbo Almond is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Thats good to hear i actually have some beads with me right now..
    This simple video might help...

    https://youtu.be/fpwmhOc_7qg

    If you go looking for other videos about chanting hare krishna, you might see a lot of stuff about God and karma and stuff like that. I used to live in a hare krishna temple, and I can tell you that you can take benefit from simple chanting without having to get caught up in the whole religious side of things.

  10. #10
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,204
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Tell me how to "not think" because right now all i seem to do is think
    Not something that can be taught just by explanation.

    The mind can either be the strongest or weakest part of your body.

    If you want a paradigm shift on how to view the world/reality it's going to come from being proactive and going down the rabbit hole.

    Simple example from a study ;

    Two groups of men with knee complications and pain went in for surgery. One group received the operation, the second group received no treatment but were given stitches (placebo) to sell the patient on the idea that surgery was done.

    Both groups had identical recovery.


    Just my $0.02
    Last edited by Windex; 04-19-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  11. #11
    Cowboymike's Avatar
    Cowboymike is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rain Forest
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by HDThunder View Post
    Makes some sense. I've always believed the saying that your perception is your reality.
    Or the saying

    Perception is reality, facts are negotiable

    Well maybe not quite the same, but a favorite anyway ;0)
    ZXY2 and HDThunder like this.

  12. #12
    Cowboymike's Avatar
    Cowboymike is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rain Forest
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Anyone follow this kind of life style or understand what this is? My whole life is changing and its because of this stuff
    Basically what you focus on and what you think about makes your mental state/perception and if you look at life through a higher level of consciousness than things change

    Iíve tried to meditate for years... I fail at it

    I have a cd that a hypnotist made for me during a session... I always fall asleep before Iím even 15min into it though lol ... I think... I lose consciousness anyway
    ZXY2 likes this.

  13. #13
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Attachment 176479
    Attachment 176480
    Attachment 176481
    Attachment 176482

    Meditation
    Relaxation
    Dedication
    Positive energy

  14. #14
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    In my opinion, once you have been drug through enough shit you either wont care or you will learn to manipulate the system so effectively you wont struggle.

    I like stress.
    Bring it.
    It may kill my ass but you wont believe the fucking load I die with. They will write books on it someday.

    Here lies Obs...
    Crazy sonofabitch.
    He did a whole bunch of shit and won but lost in the end. Asshole was smiling.
    Cowboymike and EDCG19 like this.

  15. #15
    Cowboymike's Avatar
    Cowboymike is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rain Forest
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    In my opinion, once you have been drug through enough shit you either wont care or you will learn to manipulate the system so effectively you wont struggle.

    I like stress.
    Bring it.
    It may kill my ass but you wont believe the fucking load I die with. They will write books on it someday.

    Here lies Obs...
    Crazy sonofabitch.
    He did a whole bunch of shit and won but lost in the end. Asshole was smiling.
    There will be songs about you my brother!
    EDCG19 and ZXY2 like this.

  16. #16
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboymike View Post
    There will be songs about you my brother!
    Same to you with your past hoss

  17. #17
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboymike View Post
    I’ve tried to meditate for years... I fail at it

    I have a cd that a hypnotist made for me during a session... I always fall asleep before I’m even 15min into it though lol ... I think... I lose consciousness anyway
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, I think i have spent most of this whole week mediating and instead of listening to music or doing something unproductive im just trying to stay focused and mediate as often as i can
    I see that it does help my only problem is i dont do this everyday on most weeks if that makes sense
    Cowboymike likes this.

  18. #18
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    In my opinion, once you have been drug through enough shit you either wont care or you will learn to manipulate the system so effectively you wont struggle.

    I like stress.
    Bring it.
    It may kill my ass but you wont believe the fucking load I die with. They will write books on it someday.

    Here lies Obs...
    Crazy sonofabitch.
    He did a whole bunch of shit and won but lost in the end. Asshole was smiling.
    I like that only problem is when other people around you "know" you're crazy they might just get the wrong people involved
    ZXY2 and Cowboymike like this.

  19. #19
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I like that only problem is when other people around you "know" you're crazy they might just get the wrong people involved
    You do you.
    Prob solved.

    Fuck them right in the poop chute edcg, right in the poop chute.

    I just made a thread and you are one of the ones I had in mind.
    Cowboymike likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •