Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: 'Slightly' modded Bugatti Chiron: 304 mph (not kph, MPH)

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

'Slightly' modded Bugatti Chiron: 304 mph (not kph, MPH)

Comes to 456 feet per second. While you were blinking the car traveled 67 feet. Run on a 5-mile straight-a-way.

Bugatti Chiron Passes 300-MPH Barrier with 304-MPH Run, Sets World Record
    HoldMyBeer and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I sneered at these things until I learned that some of the original Veyrons (a "mere" 987 bhp) had over 100,000 miles on the original engine (and under 18 psi of boost). But of course when your annual maintenance costs are on par with a Lear jet, you could keep a Yugo in top running condition running forever.

Bugatti's 300-mph Chiron comes to production as the Super Sport 300+

And yes, the road-legal car will technically be able to hit 300 mph.

Bugatti set a new top-speed record last week, when a modified Chiron surpassed 304 mph at Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessien test track in Germany. At the time, it was rumored that a production version of this outrageously fast supercar could be in the works. And according to a Top Gear report published Sunday, those rumors have come to fruition.

Meet the Chiron Super Sport 300+, an extremely limited-production coupe that is not only road legal, but capable of hitting the modified car's 300-mph top end. The Super Sport uses the same 8.0-liter, quad-turbo W16 engine as the top-speed record car, which delivers nearly 1,600 horsepower, as well as the long-ratio gearbox that allows this Chiron to actually reach that 300-mph v-max.

Of course, Bugatti isn't going to let these things loose on public roads without some precautions; Top Gear reports each car will have a speed limiter, though it's unclear exactly at what speed the limiter will be set. However, Top Gear says Bugatti may allow owners to spec a roll cage and remove the limiter, and might even give owners the chance to bring their cars to Ehra-Lessien, should they want to attempt a 300-mph velocity themselves. (Good freaking luck.)....
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Today’s automotive technology has no limit - well, it will go as fast as you have to spend

300mph < that’s insane

I’d have one if I had the $

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I’m not sure at what speed the vehicle is going to become airborne, but I’m guessing it’s between 300-400mpb, so getting closer

Thread Information