Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By xxblazenlowxx
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: What are you guys using for headphones?

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

What are you guys using for headphones?

I just recently started training with headphones on... yes I was the crazy guy at the gym who never used headphones. I don’t know why but I really don’t like not being able to hear what’s going on around me... it basically makes me feel like I have a bag over my head and I feel unaware of my surroundings.

But, I have started training in the morning before work and I feel like I need music to wake me up enough to train with some intensity. I have been using some cheap ear muff style Bluetooth headphones my fiancé bought. They are ok but they don’t fit will... kind of what you would expect for a $20 set of headphones. They slide off my head and roll back when leaning back to do bench press, or decline bench for example. And when I go to sit up they fall back again... so it’s a bit of a distraction trying to keep these on my head for certain exercises.

I would assume a good quality set of the ear muff style headphones would fit better and not fall off my head all the time, but if I had the ear bud style I feel like I wouldn’t have to worry about them at all. I look around the gym and it seems it’s split 50/50... some have ear buds and others have the ear muff style.

Wondering what you guys have found works for you? And what the advantages and disadvantages of each style are. And what brand and model you recommend.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I prefer over ear headphones personally just for sound quality. I use beats studios which may be a bit overkill for some but I like my sound quality and can easily justify the dollar amount because of how often I use them.

If I were to go in-ear I would go bose. I have bose, jaybird and a bunch of other headphones which I use for things like snowboarding or while walking my dog but during my workout I need headphones that can thump.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I got a pair of Bose Soundsport. I like them Ok and my company got everybody a pair of Apple Powerbeats Pro for Christmas. Not evaluated those yet.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally can’t do over-ear headphones with all of the overhead shit that I do. It doesn’t help that I have a big ass head and narrow shoulders.

The only earbuds that I’ve found that meet my three primary criteria (fit well into my weird ass ears, don’t sound like shit, and are bluetooth) are PowerBeats 3s. They’re bass heavy as hell though, but they’re intended to be used with iOS devices which have built in EQ software. They’re also not cheap by any metric.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    Over ear hesh 2 and Walmarts JLab surprisingly good headphones for 30 bucks.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    AirPods.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    I had beats and they were awesome except for bench, the cord would get in the way.

Just purchased a set of power beats, sound quality is up and comfort is down.

1 thing I really liked about the original beats was when you took them out of your ears and hung them around your neck the back of the earbuds were magnetic and stuck together

If you need to take the fully wireless Powerbeats out to talk or whatever what do you do with them? Hold them lol

I use my beats daily as a hands free driving device and i can also work while talking.
    Gallowmere likes this.

xxblazenlowxx is offline Associate Member
    My wife has Jaybirds and has no complaints

Quote Originally Posted by xxblazenlowxx View Post
    I use my beats daily as a hands free driving device and i can also work while talking.
    That’s another great benefit to my PowerBeats. My job involves me regularly having on a hardhat, so that’s another problem for over ears. I have no desire to keep multiple devices for gym vs. work and the like.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I been using studio beats for over eat and power beats if you want an ear bud. There price is pretty good they have good bass and they have been durable

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Gonna get me some beats when I get enough marlboro points.
    Altec aint bad.

What are you guys using for headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Gonna get me some beats when I get enough marlboro points.
    Altec aint bad.
    Best Buy just had the studio beats on sale for 180 after Christmas 150.00 off. I almost bought another pair but I couldn’t justify it in my head cause mine still work just fine. I should have got them just to have another boot lol
    Obs likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm still using some really old Shure E2C earphones or my El cheapo Skull Candy.

Waiting on the new Google Pixel Buds2 to hit the market.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I'm still using some really old Shure E2C earphones or my El cheapo Skull Candy.

Waiting on the new Google Pixel Buds2 to hit the market.
    Are those at least blue tooth so you don’t have to deal with the cord?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Best Buy just had the studio beats on sale for 180 after Christmas 150.00 off. I almost bought another pair but I couldn’t justify it in my head cause mine still work just fine. I should have got them just to have another boot lol
    I cant spare that kind of money on phones. I brok two pair in one week accidentally.

I think our ferret got one pair and did something to it.
    Kids blame the ferret for everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I cant spare that kind of money on phones. I brok two pair in one week accidentally.

I think our ferret got one pair and did something to it.
    Kids blame the ferret for everything though.
    Gotcha then skull candy is the best bang for the buck. I keep all my stuff locked up in my office. Man cave
    Obs likes this.

Are those at least blue tooth so you don’t have to deal with the cord?
    Yes sir!! Airpods will work with the Google Pixel3 XL, but there's a few issues with some of the functions.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Yes sir!! Airpods will work with the Google Pixel3 XL, but there's a few issues with some of the functions.
    Oh yeah those air pods are good
    almostgone likes this.

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Some good suggestions guys thank you. For those of you who wear over the ear headphones do you ever have issues with them falling off on certain exercises? Like leaning back or sitting up from benching? Ideally I think I would like to go with the over ear headphones but I almost think ear buds would be better as far as staying put and not falling off. But I would have to sacrifice sound quality right? I think I’d rather have less sound quality than something that I have to worry about falling off and causing a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Some good suggestions guys thank you. For those of you who wear over the ear headphones do you ever have issues with them falling off on certain exercises? Like leaning back or sitting up from benching? Ideally I think I would like to go with the over ear headphones but I almost think ear buds would be better as far as staying put and not falling off. But I would have to sacrifice sound quality right? I think I’d rather have less sound quality than something that I have to worry about falling off and causing a distraction.
    No my studio beats fit tight. I always wear a hat too

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    That's my only concern about going away from corded earplug/ noise reduction earplugs, but I'm going to have a go at the Google's when they hit the market.

Oh yeah those air pods are good
    New Pixel buds due for release soon. Probably made by the same subcontractor as Airpods?

https://store.google.com/us/product/pixel_buds

I’ll be interested to see if they can hold up to my violent ass deadlift sets. I’ve yet to own a set of over-ears that don’t end up around my neck or on the floor.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm still using a pair of studio Beats that I bought several years ago.

Thread Information