hybrid is offline Member

Who Can Bench Twice Their Bodyweight???

I read a study that claimed that only 1% of all men can bench twice their bodyweight. Sounds about right.

But I bet that the percentage of AR members that can bench twice their bodyweight is higher.

If you can bench twice your bodyweight:

Post your bodyweight and your max bench press (with no assistance).

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I haven't maxed out in years. I'm 242 lbs and can bench 335 for 5 reps. Of course I'm cursed with freaking long ass arms so that doesn't help me much. Strongest guy I ever new personally was this 18 year old kid.... natural, never touched a drug in his life and a powerlifter. He was about 5'9" and weighed 175 lbs and could do 315 for 8 solid reps and that was with a 3 second pause on his chest with each rep!! The kid was unbelievable!!!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I've seen 1 person do it in my life. I was visiting my brother and we went to the local gym...this guy was 5'5 and about 240 pounds. He was in jail for 5 years and does crank like water. He had such short arms too that he had no problems with big bench presses. He said he's done over 500.

Funnier story was that he was bouncing and a 16-17 year old skinny native kid sent him to the hospital after a huge beating.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    I read a study that claimed that only 1% of all men can bench twice their bodyweight. Sounds about right.

But I bet that the percentage of AR members that can bench twice their bodyweight is higher.

If you can bench twice your bodyweight:

Post your bodyweight and your max bench press (with no assistance).
    i started this thread in the workout questions forum. its a poll, you can see what percentage of their body weights everyone can bench press. i'm at 161% now...i'm shooting for 180% in 6 months (no roids).

-- clocky baby

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Not I, hell my freakin monkey arms make it hard enough

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a "workout friend" who pushes 360 at a bodyweight of about 175 +/- a pound on either side...no shirt, no gear, just relatively short arms and triceps that look like he's hiding footballs under his arms.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I use to be able to do when I weighed 210 I could push 420 but now I weigh about 255 and am lucky to push 455. Oh well life goes on.

Thread Information