Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: never underestimate the title of "DAD"

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

never underestimate the title of "DAD"

a lot of us are great dads . but we often times get stuck in a grind of just doing what we need to do to make ends meet, and we think the kids are just there to "take" and keep doing what they need to do for themselves .
    but its almost like team work , your kids get the shit they need to get done , homework done etc.. and you help them and then you get the shit you need to get done.
    end of day.

but when your kids add the word "DAD" to the end of their sentence or what they are saying to you . you should pay attention. it actually doesn't happen that often and its really a sign of respect and love from them when they do it.

if your whiny ass kid is being a brat and yelling in the car "I'm hungry" blah blah blah .. thats one thing.

but when your kid respectively asks , "I'm hungry , what is there to eat DAD" .. thats a sign of respect and sincerity and we should not lose site of these opportunities .

don't under estimate your status as "dad".. your kids even know naturally the power of the status . live up to it and realize everything you do matters

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Ain't nobody got time for kids. It's all about me!
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Ain't nobody got time for kids. It's all about me!
    lol , yeah we've all been there and most of us are still there..

DSM4Life likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I am currently driving 5 hours one way to my sons first 4th grade football game.

I am a shitty dad btw.
    If I could go back in time I would have kicked their mother in the teeth when I met her and spent 5 years in prison and would have been better off.

So she has 3 kids that arent mine that she used as leverage because I had no legal rights.
    Not living under her thumb for kids that aren't mine.
    I have two kids.

But hers still call me dad when they see me.

To describe what that does to you after nearly a decade together andbeing the only dad they ever had...

It makes me want to pull the pin from a grenade and hold it between my face and their mothers

Driving all this distance to see my son play... he will remember what a great dad I was.

The other three will wonder what they did wrong.

4th grade football . love it.. thats about when I started playing full pads ball. its funny though, there are a lot of people out there today that don't think there is such a thing. its unfathomable to them that 11 year old boys would put on full uniform, play football, and want to destroy their opponent.
    to such a degree they ask "thats not legal right" (idk,probably was a brit pussy fuck that asked such a question.. come on.).

umm are you kidding me !! playing football full contact at like 10 years old is an American tradition and you can find leagues all across the country in small towns that participate in this..

any dick wad that thinks that doesn't exist or isn't supported in good old fashioned USA for the last 5 decades is just an ignorant pussy fool.

lol sorry, ^ that was a rant. not long ago had a discussion with someone that didn't think American football was an American norm,, and I'm like I've done that shit since first grade. pounding heads and pads is just a part of life,, what do you mean that "can't be legal"

anyhow.. your 4th grade son football game reminded me of this, and I'm drunk right now so will just rant off a bunch of shit
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    4th grade football . love it.. thats about when I started playing full pads ball. its funny though, there are a lot of people out there today that don't think there is such a thing. its unfathomable to them that 11 year old boys would put on full uniform, play football, and want to destroy their opponent.
    to such a degree they ask "thats not legal right" (idk,probably was a brit pussy fuck that asked such a question.. come on.).

umm are you kidding me !! playing football full contact at like 10 years old is an American tradition and you can find leagues all across the country in small towns that participate in this..

any dick wad that thinks that doesn't exist or isn't supported in good old fashioned USA for the last 5 decades is just an ignorant pussy fool.

lol sorry, ^ that was a rant. not long ago had a discussion with someone that didn't think American football was an American norm,, and I'm like I've done that shit since first grade. pounding heads and pads is just a part of life,, what do you mean that "can't be legal"

anyhow.. your 4th grade son football game reminded me of this, and I'm drunk right now so will just rant off a bunch of shit
    He loves it.
    Last year was full contact too.
    He knows more about it than any kid out there.
    Taught himself.
    He was pulling other kids into their positions last year because they were lost.
    Lot of these boys are in football because they feel obligated. If they were half as serious as him they would be undefeated.

He is on yrack to not be me.
    Thats exactly what I want.
    Need to get him out of this shithole though.
    Of the top 100 brokest counties in the US he is dead center of 5 of them when with his mother.

Just welfare meth ticks and rock here.
    I grew up here and would be glad to never see this hell hole again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I am currently driving 5 hours one way to my sons first 4th grade football game.

I am a shitty dad btw.
    If I could go back in time I would have kicked their mother in the teeth when I met her and spent 5 years in prison and would have been better off.

So she has 3 kids that arent mine that she used as leverage because I had no legal rights.
    Not living under her thumb for kids that aren't mine.
    I have two kids.

But hers still call me dad when they see me.

To describe what that does to you after nearly a decade together andbeing the only dad they ever had...

It makes me want to pull the pin from a grenade and hold it between my face and their mothers

Driving all this distance to see my son play... he will remember what a great dad I was.

The other three will wonder what they did wrong.
    As much as I am not one to restrict kids on doing fun stuff , aren't you worried about head injuries? If you do the research it is just out right scary.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    As much as I am not one to restrict kids on doing fun stuff , aren't you worried about head injuries? If you do the research it is just out right scary.
    Lol, I was a boxer when I was a kid. Try getting punched in the face 200 times. Head injuries build character.

Just remember, the first nut cup was used in Hockey in 1874. They didn’t start using helmets until 1974, because... Men. I can only assume that they started using helmets in 74 because steroids had become main stream and people were probably getting decapitated.
    Obs likes this.

11 year old boys wearing 20 pounds of padding and nearly invincible helmets running around a grass field .. that doesn't sound very dangerous to me.

guarantee you every kid that jumps on a bicycle or even walks crossing the street is in far more danger and risk then these boys running around a grass field with helmets on
    Obs and balance like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Lol, I was a boxer when I was a kid. Try getting punched in the face 200 times. Head injuries build character.

Just remember, the first nut cup was used in Hockey in 1874. They didn’t start using helmets until 1974, because... Men. I can only assume that they started using helmets in 74 because steroids had become main stream and people were probably getting decapitated.
    Who said you don't have any long term damage? Take a look at retired boxers, football players, hockey players etc.

11 year old boys wearing 20 pounds of padding and nearly invincible helmets running around a grass field .. that doesn't sound very dangerous to me.

guarantee you every kid that jumps on a bicycle or even walks crossing the street is in far more danger and risk then these boys running around a grass field with helmets on
    Like i said, do the research first. Its not even the hitting of the head that can cause damage. Even hitting the body which snaps the head back is just as damaging as hitting the head directly. Like I said the more you read into it the scarier it is.

Who said you don't have any long term damage? Take a look at retired boxers, football players, hockey players etc.
    There was a lot of humor woven into my post, though I know that doesn’t always come across in text.

Anyways like I said. Character.
    never underestimate the title of "DAD"-6fab3d6c-a6a7-4e4f-bf60-66a84a718eda.jpeg

Obs

Like i said, do the research first. Its not even the hitting of the head that can cause damage. Even hitting the body which snaps the head back is just as damaging as hitting the head directly. Like I said the more you read into it the scarier it is.
    I was riding 2000 lb bulls at 13.
    I left football for it
    We called football players pussys.

Everyone is a bitch today
    GearHeaded and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

it would probably be best if we just locked our kids up in a padded room 24/7 so they have no chance of getting a little boo boo or bruise
    balance likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He loves it.
    Last year was full contact too.
    He knows more about it than any kid out there.
    Taught himself.
    He was pulling other kids into their positions last year because they were lost.
    Lot of these boys are in football because they feel obligated. If they were half as serious as him they would be undefeated.

He is on yrack to not be me.
    Thats exactly what I want.
    Need to get him out of this shithole though.
    Of the top 100 brokest counties in the US he is dead center of 5 of them when with his mother.

Just welfare meth ticks and rock here.
    I grew up here and would be glad to never see this hell hole again.
    Leaving soon to go officiate some youth football teams. First one is 10 year olds and the second is 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obs
    If he is a pussy I wont let him call me dad.

I wont ask my son to be a man, I will make him one.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

It’s not dangerous. It is fun to officiate and I enjoy it.
    The thing I hate about being an official is I can’t haul off and punch some of the coaches. Rather than assisting them and teaching, they are yelling and telling them how bad they are.
    I had a team last weekend, where one of the coaches was yelling and the another one was trying to calm him down and said please talk to him calmly, you are just making him nervous and he is going to screw up worse. I was out of line as an official, but I thanked him.

i_SLAM_cougars and Proximal like this.

it would probably be best if we just locked our kids up in a padded room 24/7 so they have no chance of getting a little boo boo or bruise
    You sound like my wife! LOL

I seen a news article awhile back,, a kid died from playing video games. theres an official cause of death, I forget what it was called, but basically the kid sat in front on his computer for like 6 days straight and never got up once to eat, drink, go to the bathroom etc.. he dehydrated and died right there on the spot because he was too busy to pause his game and even go take a piss.

I'm not joking

I think I'd rather my kid risk a head injury playing football then end up like that kid

I use to work with this African dude (He was actually from Africa, not just black). He changed my perspective on some shit. If you asked him what he liked about America he’d tell you “Cocaine, white women, and (this is the important bit) no fucking lions”.

Living in a first world country people often forget that dodging predators is actually a daily part of life for a lot of the rest of the world. When you die you decide if you want to be buried or cremated. No one ever says they want to be lion shit. But there in lies the reality for a lot of people.

Compared to being eaten alive... getting banged up playing a game doesn’t seem all that bad anymore.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Blog Entries
    I use to work with this African dude (He was actually from Africa, not just black). He changed my perspective on some shit. If you asked him what he liked about America he’d tell you “Cocaine, white women, and (this is the important bit) no fucking lions”.

Living in a first world country people often forget that dodging predators is actually a daily part of life for a lot of the rest of the world. When you die you decide if you want to be buried or cremated. No one ever says they want to be lion shit. But there in lies the reality for a lot of people.

Compared to being eaten alive... getting banged up playing a game doesn’t seem all that bad anymore.
    You guys are comparing apples to oranges. We talk about how "tough" we use to be but the matter of fact is we were just uneducated in the field. Having an adult make a decision is one thing but letting a child do something that he doesn't understand and could impact him later in life is another.

Again I am far from a helicopter parent and I am always encouraging my nephew's to ride motorcycles and do it in the safest possible manner. Football is just one of those sports you just can't get away from the impacts. Other children don't understand their strength and/or how to regulate it. So you could have kids that are bigger and stronger hitting your child as hard as they can because they don't know how not to. The one thing that really got me thinking was when these retired football players were asked " would you allow your child play the game"? And most of them say "absolutely not". That spoke volumes to me.

Proximal is offline Banned
    You guys are comparing apples to oranges. We talk about how "tough" we use to be but the matter of fact is we were just uneducated in the field. Having an adult make a decision is one thing but letting a child do something that he doesn't understand and could impact him later in life is another.

Again I am far from a helicopter parent and I am always encouraging my nephew's to ride motorcycles and do it in the safest possible manner. Football is just one of those sports you just can't get away from the impacts. Other children don't understand their strength and/or how to regulate it. So you could have kids that are bigger and stronger hitting your child as hard as they can because they don't know how not to. The one thing that really got me thinking was when these retired football players were asked " would you allow your child play the game"? And most of them say "absolutely not". That spoke volumes to me.
    When we were in Katmai in Alaska to hang out with Grizzly bears I learned this phrase.

There are things you could do (like pet a young grizzly, because they will let you - no shit). And things you should do (you don’t pet them, because when they get bigger they will approach someone to get pet and freak that person out. Even though guns are banned there, some dumb-ass always feels the need).

So I wonder if football (and boxing) fall into that category.

I could watch/let little dudes literally bounce their brains around in their skull, because I am absolutely certain that’s what is good for a young developing brain that cannot repair damaged or dead cells. But should I?

Well, damn, that’s the very reason I play Russian roulette. I figure against a lion, my chances would be pretty fucking low. But at least I’ve got a whopping 1 out of 6 chance of living whenever I pull the trigger.

Other children don't understand their strength and/or how to regulate it. So you could have kids that are bigger and stronger hitting your child as hard as they can because they don't know how not to. .
    when I played ball I was taught by my parents and my coach to be as aggressive as possible, use and harness all my strength, and knock the opponent out on his ass and go 100% on every play.. I played both sides of the ball, but took the most pride in playing defense and being the hardest hitter on the team and leveling the shit out of opponents. that was as early as 4th grade

are you saying myself, my parents, my coach, my team mates, and the local fans that watched my games were all wrong when they cheered when I leveled the shit out of some poor kid behind the line of scrimmage and hit him as hard as I possibly could?
    I was just performing my position as best I could.. thats what the game calls for. hitting as hard as you can is what your supposed to do, otherwise you were on the bench. only the fastest, strongest, hardest hitting and most aggressive kids became the starters
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 09-07-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    When we were in Katmai in Alaska to hang out with Grizzly bears I learned this phrase.

There are things you could do (like pet a young grizzly, because they will let you - no shit). And things you should do (you don’t pet them, because when they get bigger they will approach someone to get pet and freak that person out. Even though guns are banned there, some dumb-ass always feels the need).

So I wonder if football (and boxing) fall into that category.

I could watch/let little dudes literally bounce their brains around in their skull, because I am absolutely certain that’s what is good for a young developing brain that cannot repair damaged or dead cells. But should I?
    How is having a big beautiful brain superior to being a hardass?

Shortage of hardassed.
    Excess of people that think they are smart in a superior manner
    Last edited by Obs; 09-07-2019 at 11:48 AM.

How is having a big beautiful brain superior to being a hardass?

Shortage of harassed.
    Excess of people that think they are smart in a superior manner
    Well, I figure I’d let the kid develop their big & beautiful brain first & then let them decide what’s best for themselves as an adult.

But that’s just me being a smart ass.

In a mood today. Going to a memorial for a good friend that killed himself. We all knew that he wanted to die and there wasn’t a damn thing we could do about it.

just to put it in perspective .. when you look up the stats , your child has a 100x increase of sustaining a major injury if they do gymnastics as opposed to football

Obs
    Well, I figure I’d let the kid develop their big & beautiful brain first & then let them decide what’s best for themselves as an adult.

But that’s just me being a smart ass.

In a mood today. Going to a memorial for a good friend that killed himself. We all knew that he wanted to die and there wasn’t a damn thing we could do about it.
    I instill morals and manliness.
    I dont tell them you can be whatever you want.
    They can't.

They will be good productive people. Having to do hard shit is part of it.
    I sm succeeding as he chose this himself.

Not padding my kid to be a little bitch like everyone today.
    If you do my son will dominate the shit out of yours in businessand everything he does.

Un afraid of that big pushy kid. He already knocked yhe shit out of him.

Well, I figure I’d let the kid develop their big & beautiful brain first & then let them decide what’s best for themselves as an adult. .
    I think kids are pretty good at deciding what they want for themselves pretty early on in life. they are their own person wither they are 12 or 25..we don't need to coddle and protect them as much as some people think

heck our government/military has no problem taking 18 year old boys (that are not even close to having a fully developed brain) and sticking an AR15 rifle in their hand and teaching them how to laser guide missiles and murder a bunch of people (men, women, children). thats gotta be harder on the brain to live with your whole life then getting knocked around a few times on a football field

I think kids are pretty good at deciding what they want for themselves pretty early on in life. they are their own person wither they are 12 or 25..we don't need to coddle and protect them as much as some people think

heck our government/military has no problem taking 18 year old boys (that are not even close to having a fully developed brain) and sticking an AR15 rifle in their hand and teaching them how to laser guide missiles and murder a bunch of people (men, women, children). thats gotta be harder on the brain to live with your whole life then getting knocked around a few times on a football field
    Point taken GH.

This is a great thread about fathers. I never had the balls.

My posts were out of place.

Time to get hammered.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Point taken GH.

This is a great thread about fathers. I never had the balls.

My posts were out of place.

Time to get hammered.
    bottoms up brother.. sorry to hear about your loss
    Proximal likes this.

I use to work with this African dude (He was actually from Africa, not just black). He changed my perspective on some shit. If you asked him what he liked about America he’d tell you “Cocaine, white women, and (this is the important bit) no fucking lions”..
    whats funny about this , is that the cocaine and all the crazy white women out there could end up killing him way before the lions get to him. he has just exchanged one life threatening risk for another
    i_SLAM_cougars and Proximal like this.

Blog Entries
    when I played ball I was taught by my parents and my coach to be as aggressive as possible, use and harness all my strength, and knock the opponent out on his ass and go 100% on every play.. I played both sides of the ball, but took the most pride in playing defense and being the hardest hitter on the team and leveling the shit out of opponents. that was as early as 4th grade

are you saying myself, my parents, my coach, my team mates, and the local fans that watched my games were all wrong when they cheered when I leveled the shit out of some poor kid behind the line of scrimmage and hit him as hard as I possibly could?
    I was just performing my position as best I could.. thats what the game calls for. hitting as hard as you can is what your supposed to do, otherwise you were on the bench. only the fastest, strongest, hardest hitting and most aggressive kids became the starters
    No one said they were wrong, they were misinformed.

If you had/have a son and I told you letting him play full contact football increased his risk of brain development by 70% would you still let him play because it's the "manly" thing to do?

It's like smoking. No one knew the full extent to how bad it was back in the day and every smoked. Now that we know what it does to you , you cant even smoke 10 ft from most buildings. It's about education .

That old phrase what you don't know won't kill you doesn't apply here.

well we are all informed now about concussions and all that ,, but full contact football is just as popular as ever. so even though we are informed we still let them play.

allowing your son to ride his bicycle around the neighborhood increases his risk of getting hit by a car and killed by a thousand fold compared to not allowing him. most parents are very well informed on this risk and are still going to let their kid ride their bike.

allowing your 16 year old son to get a drivers license and drive a car increases his risk of death by 1000%.. parents know this, yet still chose to let their kids drive.

the whole world is filled with risks. can't escape them.. so might as well not worry about it and just enjoy your life. if bad shit happens, which it eventually is, just man up and deal with it. can't protect the whole world..
    if people want to smoke, knowing the risks, then more power to them. if kids want to play football then great. I'm sure they know the risks..

one of my clients at my gym is a high school football player. plays defensive tackle.. I'm training him to get bigger and stronger so he can bash the hell out of his opponents. thats what he wants. both him and his opponents and his parents are well informed of the 'risks' but they chose to enjoy life and do what makes them happy

Obs

If you had/have a son and I told you letting him play full contact football increased his risk of brain development by 70% would you still let him play because it's the "manly" thing to do?

It's like smoking. No one knew the full extent to how bad it was back in the day and every smoked. Now that we know what it does to you , you cant even smoke 10 ft from most buildings. It's about education .

That old phrase what you don't know won't kill you doesn't apply here.
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

Bear in mind this is 1% of the population responsible for the vast majority of new and existing.

Freedom is lethal.
    We dont ban and cast things out because they are more dangerous.
    And we cant say this^^^ doesnt affect kids because tbey become victims too.

If we are gonna crusade better stick to bigger probs like alcohol, diabeties, and tobbacco.

This is why I am such a soul sucking conservative.

If I dont like something I just dont participate in it.
    I dont think everyone else should cater to my beliefs.
    Last edited by Obs; 09-07-2019 at 03:47 PM.

If you had/have a son and I told you letting him play full contact football increased his risk of brain development by 70% would you still let him play because it's the "manly" thing to do?.
    lol "manly thing to do" .. letting a bunch of 11 year old boys run around on a big open grass field while wearing pads and helmets chasing a ball around has nothing to do with being "manly" or not. its just a game.

Obs
    Has everything to do with being a man in my mind.

Learning to deal with your coach jumping your ass and not quitting or taking it personally.
    Learning teamwork and having each others backs.
    Learning to push through the burn and pain to create work ethic. Learning to dominate and control the situation with quick thinking and action in a real world adrenaline fueled situation.

Not much like the other parents I guess.

I told my son as he headed out, "Don't be nice, get out there and kick some ass."

Now when else does he get to hear me say that?

Blog Entries
    well we are all informed now about concussions and all that ,, but full contact football is just as popular as ever. so even though we are informed we still let them play.

allowing your son to ride his bicycle around the neighborhood increases his risk of getting hit by a car and killed by a thousand fold compared to not allowing him. most parents are very well informed on this risk and are still going to let their kid ride their bike.

allowing your 16 year old son to get a drivers license and drive a car increases his risk of death by 1000%.. parents know this, yet still chose to let their kids drive.

the whole world is filled with risks. can't escape them.. so might as well not worry about it and just enjoy your life. if bad shit happens, which it eventually is, just man up and deal with it. can't protect the whole world..
    if people want to smoke, knowing the risks, then more power to them. if kids want to play football then great. I'm sure they know the risks..

one of my clients at my gym is a high school football player. plays defensive tackle.. I'm training him to get bigger and stronger so he can bash the hell out of his opponents. thats what he wants. both him and his opponents and his parents are well informed of the 'risks' but they chose to enjoy life and do what makes them happy
    I totally get it. While everything does have its risks as a parent I would want to just minimizes it as much as possible. Getting hit over and over again game after game raises that risks which is why I even asked you guys the question. I don't have a son but personally I would do whatever possible to steer him away from playing the game if I did.

lol "manly thing to do" .. letting a bunch of 11 year old boys run around on a big open grass field while wearing pads and helmets chasing a ball around has nothing to do with being "manly" or not. its just a game.
    You might not be like that which is a good thing. I know way too many dads who do not feel that way.

Blog Entries
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/index.html

Bear in mind this is 1% of the population responsible for the vast majority of new and existing.

Freedom is lethal.
    We dont ban and cast things out because they are more dangerous.
    And we cant say this^^^ doesnt affect kids because tbey become victims too.

If we are gonna crusade better stick to bigger probs like alcohol, diabeties, and tobbacco.

This is why I am such a soul sucking conservative.

If I dont like something I just dont participate in it.
    I dont think everyone else should cater to my beliefs
    I agree. I am not here to say ban football I am just ask you guys opinions. If a able body person/adult wants to play and understands the risk then have at it.

I agree. I am not here to say ban football I am just ask you guys opinions. If a able body person/adult wants to play and understands the risk then have at it.
    As an official, our job is to keep the game safe as possible. The rules are continuously changing to help us do that. We let the kids play however when things start getting heated, we are there and the flags start flying until we gain control again.
    The officials play a big part in the safety of the players.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    As an official, our job is to keep the game safe as possible. The rules are continuously changing to help us do that. We let the kids play however when things start getting heated, we are there and the flags start flying until we gain control again.
    The officials play a big part in the safety of the players.

Charger recently punched a ten year old for encroachment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information