Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By i_SLAM_cougars

Thread: It’s Not The NRA Stopping Gun Control, It’s America’s 100 Million Gun Owners

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

It’s Not The NRA Stopping Gun Control, It’s America’s 100 Million Gun Owners

It’s Not The NRA Stopping Gun Control, It’s America’s 100 Million Gun Owners

Too long and fiddly to post it all here. Highlights ....

It’s Not the Electoral College When You Lose Congressional Elections

Those 62 Democrats who were defeated in the 1994 elections didn’t lose just because of the several hundred of us who worked at NRA headquarters, nor even because of the NRA’s 1 million or so members at the time. There were 60 million other gun owners in America in 1994 and soon thereafter polls showed that more Americans identified with the NRA than with either major political party.

NRA’s membership roughly doubled to 3 million after Clinton and the Democrats imposed gun control and rose to 5 million after President Barack Obama tried to impose more gun control during his second term. There are now 100 million gun-owning Americans, and gun owners tend to be single-issue voters.

Tens of millions of Americans own handguns, which anti-gun activists tried to get banned in the 1970s and 1980s. Seventeen and a half million Americans have permits to carry handguns for protection away from home. A comparable number own semi-automatic rifles that Democrats in Congress have been trying to ban since 1989.

Since the 1990s, every time Democrats inside the Beltway have acted against the right to keep and bear arms, or threatened to do so, purchases of guns, particularly those that Democrats want most to ban, have soared. For example, in August, the first month of Democrats’ new push against guns, gun purchases increased roughly 16 percent, compared to the number in August 2018..
    Speculations about defeating “the NRA” may titillate the mob, but even if NRA disappeared overnight, there are still 100 million gun owners, their family members, and their friends. Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election because he won “swing states” Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida, all of which have large populations of gun owners. If gun control supporters achieve their goals, it will be because gun owners are complacent or don’t understand the details and ramifications of what Democrats are demanding, not because of rumors about the NRA.

Follow the link in the headline to read the rest.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    The whole reason they can’t outlaw guns, is because we already have the guns. You can’t impose yourself too hard upon an armed population 50 times the size of your military (who also won’t back your bullshit power grab)
    GearHeaded and Obs like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the last time a "government" tried to ban and confiscate guns from free American bad ass gun owners was in 1776 .. it didn't end well for that government at that time. we celebrate this every year on the 4th of July. gun ownership is a foundation to Amercian independence and freedom
    Obs and XnavyHMCS like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the last time a "government" tried to ban and confiscate guns from free American bad ass gun owners was in 1776 .. it didn't end well for that government at that time. we celebrate this every year on the 4th of July. gun ownership is a foundation to Amercian independence and freedom
    ^^^This. If they wanna take my shit there’s a bottle of Tren base getting injected into my brain stem, and about 6 bronk aids going down the hatch. Then We’ll play the game. If there are any survivors they will probably never try to take anyone else’s stuff ever again.
    Obs and Kyle1337 like this.

Thread Information