• 4 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 3 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By Family_guy

Thread: Hard work = happiness

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

Hard work = happiness

I'm just throwing this out there. but most of us have been around the block a few times. I'm just gonna share some observational and experienced based truth.

we all go through down times in life. get depressed. go through a funk. but I bet most those down times come when you don't have any real goals and motivation and hard work in front of you to get done. your down and depressed and your finding reasons to be depressed, your making shit excuses up in your own mind to be a self loathing depressed little bitch. and that makes you even more depressed. GET TO WORK!! thats the key to happiness and a sane mindset. work your ass off and you won't have time to be a depressed little bitch.

and I don't mean just work harder at your 9-5 job. hopefully your already kicking ass at whatever that is . I just mean kick ass and work hard at all aspects of life. that will keep you occupied and happy.

in another post I'll post some experiences I've been through. but looking back my lows are always when I'm NOT busy kicking ass and my highs are always when I challenge myself and have to or just want to get some shit done

what do you guys think ? whats your experience

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Agreed. If you just go to work and mindlessly go through life without any goals or working towards anything, it will get monotonous and depressing. Set goals, complete goals, end up sitting on top of a mountain of accomplishments in the end.
    If there is nothing you want to work towards, you may already be depressed.
    For me, I would like to be the biggest strongest guy in any room, start a family, buy a lot and have a house built that I design, and raise a kid to do better/be better than I ever was.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Well GH, i think your spot on. Sitting about the house with your brain flying at 100mph/kph you over think everything to the hilt. You do and will find excuses to make you more depressed.

Work keeps you busy but sometimes the brain still flys. Real busy keep real busy and say fuck you i am me i will decide what is going on put everything you have in to your work.
    Then after work its gym time, this is where you let your life go and block all the stuff that makes you sad then put them plugs in your lugs.

You could even use bad things that have went on that fire you up and get you so fucking angry and destroy them fucking weights.

Then Eat sleep/relax repeat all over the next day, don't let this shit in your head, remember there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you, ppl with limbs lost ppl with serious diseases that have no cure and they take there like day by day doing the best they can.
    Last edited by clarky.; 09-30-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Idle hands do the devils work.
    KennyJ likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Idle hands do the devils work.
    Quit peeking in our windows!
    Family_guy, KennyJ, tarmyg and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    I think I understand what you are trying to get at, but I would change the word "Work" to "Purpose".
    We all need a reason to wake up and to get us through the day.
    Work feels more forced and can cause depression, Purpose feels more voluntarily and has no limit of possibilities.
    However, work for your purpose go very hand in hand and I guess that is what you meant.

My old boss once said "The only reason most people are waking up in the morning is because they didn't die in their sleep".. He was talking about
    most people lacking purpose in life, and the power to follow up on it.
    Chrisp83TRT and Family_guy like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It’s all good unless you are looking for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Quit peeking in our windows!
    Only made that mistake once.
    almostgone, tarmyg and Obs like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think it's satisfaction (and/or contentment) as much as happiness.

The human species owes much of its success to its ability to cope with stress. Hard work is stressful but it relieves stresses in other aspects in your life.

If you're living a stress-free life (which probably means you're not working), and if you're sitting at the pinnacle of Maswlow's hierarchy of needs and didn't get there by the sweat of your brow, it is human nature to do stupid shit to fuck up your life and in the doing introduce the stress we all subconsciously crave.

"Idle hands do the devils work" is basically codification of that. A working man already has stress aplenty in his life. It's when you don't have something productive that you NEED TO DO to get by that you'll find something self-destructive to fill your idle time.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Working like a sumbich daylight to dark.
    Cant lift.
    Hate pretty much everything.
    Been having fits.
    Other day flipped out over jeans being loose up top.

Then next day I beat my dump truck bed with a hammer while cursing. (Walked around it swinging for the moon... Cunt! Smack... Fuck! Smack...Suck a dik right in the ass! Smack...Fuck my life and everyone! Smack...)

Hapiness is a psychosis I think.
    I damn sure ain't crazy if so.
    Last edited by Obs; 10-01-2019 at 11:38 PM.
    KennyJ and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there. but most of us have been around the block a few times. I'm just gonna share some observational and experienced based truth.

we all go through down times in life. get depressed. go through a funk. but I bet most those down times come when you don't have any real goals and motivation and hard work in front of you to get done. your down and depressed and your finding reasons to be depressed, your making shit excuses up in your own mind to be a self loathing depressed little bitch. and that makes you even more depressed. GET TO WORK!! thats the key to happiness and a sane mindset. work your ass off and you won't have time to be a depressed little bitch.

and I don't mean just work harder at your 9-5 job. hopefully your already kicking ass at whatever that is . I just mean kick ass and work hard at all aspects of life. that will keep you occupied and happy.

in another post I'll post some experiences I've been through. but looking back my lows are always when I'm NOT busy kicking ass and my highs are always when I challenge myself and have to or just want to get some shit done

what do you guys think ? whats your experience
    I agree with you GH. I also agree with fiskavetten. Purpose is what you need. I’ve had so many bad times. Usually related to drugs/lying/cheating which really are all related in my life. When my purpose is just getting high I struggle. Everything sucks. I’m not a good father or husband when I was doing that stuff. When I’m clear headed I know I’m pretty fucking good at everything I do. That drives me to be better
    Fiskevatten and Obs like this.

Thread Information