Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Krb367
  • 3 Post By sv.elia
  • 2 Post By Leggodess
  • 2 Post By sv.elia

Thread: Calves.

Krb367 is offline Associate Member

Calves.

You are pre-genetically disposed to them. You either have them, or you don’t.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A0B41A6B-24BD-4E48-9E9E-B183A42E3009.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	177495
    GearHeaded likes this.

Actually, f that. Prove me wrong

Oh. Oh, ok. All y’all assholes must fall in to the former and have a decent set of calves

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Actually it's true. I had decent calves before gym, just for jogging uphill. I have a hard time building upper-body strength. 4 days I work my upper-body and 2 my legs. Legs are progressing faster

Name:	20191124_124115.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	776.0 KB 
ID:	177521 44cm, looks way too funny in skirts, I no longer do isolation exercises on them
    Last edited by sv.elia; 11-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.
    GearHeaded, Leggodess and Cuz like this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    compared to a lot of other muscle groups , calves are very dependent on the muscle insertion points. the farther down your leg (closer to your foot) that your calve muscle starts the larger your calves can grow. the higher up the leg they start the more limited they are to growth (known as 'high calves').

also there is joint and bone size that plays a role. the smaller your joints/bones are you can have the illusion of bigger fuller muscles. with calves if you have a small ankle joint your calves will look bigger.
    I have decent calves but part of that is an illusion cause I have small joints

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	177522

one thing for certain, even if you don't have great genetics for calves because of high insertion points and thick ankle joints. you can still train and grow your calves . calves respond best to high frequency training. try training them 4x per week you'll seem them grow. but the funny thing is once you stop training them that frequently they will shrink back down,, they almost need to be constantly stimulated to look good (unless you have great calves genetics then you don't need to train them much at all and they always look good)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 11-24-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    compared to a lot of other muscle groups , calves are very dependent on the muscle insertion points. the farther down your leg (closer to your foot) that your calve muscle starts the larger your calves can grow. the higher up the leg they start the more limited they are to growth (known as 'high calves').

also there is joint and bone size that plays a role. the smaller your joints/bones are you can have the illusion of bigger fuller muscles. with calves if you have a small ankle joint your calves will look bigger.
    I have decent calves but part of that is an illusion cause I have small joints

Name:	IMG_0122.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	177522

one thing for certain, even if you don't have great genetics for calves because of high insertion points and thick ankle joints. you can still train and grow your calves . calves respond best to high frequency training. try training them 4x per week you'll seem them grow. but the funny thing is once you stop training them that frequently they will shrink back down,, they almost need to be constantly stimulated to look good (unless you have great calves genetics then you don't need to train them much at all and they always look good)
    This is why people should just do weighted vest walks for calves. Throw 80 lbs. on your ass and go for a couple of mile walk every day. If your calves don’t grow from that shit, something is wrong.

My calves dwindled more than anything when I went from being a 265 lbs. fatass to 150 lbs. Added in weight vest walks, and they rapidly started to come back around.

BOPJohnDoe is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don’t own any livestock actually...

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    Actually it's true. I had decent calves before gym, just for jogging uphill. I have a hard time building upper-body strength. 4 days I work my upper-body and 2 my legs. Legs are progressing faster

Name:	20191124_124115.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	776.0 KB 
ID:	177521 44cm, looks way too funny in skirts, I no longer do isolation exercises on them
    Beautiful calf muscle.
    I would still isolate your calf training and make them bigger.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    sv.elia and JaneDoe like this.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggodess View Post
    Beautiful calf muscle.
    I would still isolate your calf training and make them bigger.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    I like that way of seeing things
    Leggodess and JaneDoe like this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Thread Information