BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Anyone ever pass a kidney stone???????

I just got back form the docotrs and she told me with my symptoms of lower abdominal pain and blood in the urine it looks like I have a kidney stone trying to pass. An of ya'll go through this, cause it hurts like a mother!!!! I have a very high pain threshold and when I can barely move because of the pain it hurts.... she prescribed me some vicodin though, but I can't pick up the script until after work.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I never did but my buddy did a few months ago. He said the pain was so bad that he left work, ran every light to get home, and when he got home he crawled into the bathroom and laid on the floor until his wife took him to the hospital.

I hope to never find out how bad the pain is but from what my friend said the pain is something you can't describe.

Good luck with it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Big T, Bro I passed one about six years back and comparing it to torn ligaments in the right knee, countless broken bones and two major surgeries it, by far, was the most painful thing I have ever gone through. How far along are you? Has the pain wrapped around from your back to your side yet? When it gets to that stage you’ll be half way through ordeal. It takes a while to work itself out. Did the doc give you a strainer to piss through? The funny thing is when it does come out I’ll bet you can’t even see it, I couldn’t see mine. Amazing that something so small can cause that much pain. There are two types of stones, one looks like a sand spur and the other is a cork screw. Bro, I pray you don’t have the cork screw type. My Grandfather had a crock screw type and it brought him to tears. Hell I had the sand spur type and it damn near brought me to tears.

You have to wait till after work to fill the script? Well when you get it double the first dose and don’t skip a dose after you start. It will not kill all the pain but will dull it to where you can forget about it and get some rest, bet you haven’t slept since it started. Mine started with me at two in the morning. I could not get comfortable to save my life. No matter what I tried the pain in my back and side just kept getting worse. I finally had the wife take me to the hospital around eight that morning. When I walked into the emergency room and told the desk clerk what the symptoms were they shuttled me right to an examining room and before I could say a word they pumped me full of pain killers. When the doc asked me when I noticed the pain and I told him he said I had a high threshold for pain because most men would have been at the doctors office within three hours of it starting. Did the doc know what the cause of the stone was? I know you drink plenty of water so I was curious. At the time I had one I drank very little water, bad, very bad. Ever since that I have downed as much water I can stand everyday, I never want to go through another one of those bitches.

Bro, you are just having a run of bad luck aren't you? Damn, your luck has got to change. You’re on my prayer list bro. PM anytime bro.

Jugg

palme is offline Rosie Member
    That sounds so awfull! And the cork screw thing
    Shoot up on morfin bro! Im going to get a big glas of water right now!!!

Yeah last Wednesday it was in my lower back, now than Saturday the pain went into my sides and lower abdominal, now it in my lower abdominal and testes are starting to hurt like I had been racked. So it's been quite a few days, man I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle. Yeah I have to wait until after work to fill the script....I have to go get xrays tomorrow to make sure that it is a kidney stone. They haven't given me a strainer to piss through.... as for seeing it, I don't care, just as long as the damn thing hurries up and gets out!!!! As for my run of bad luck.... well that's the Irish blood in me, if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I'm just pissed for missing the gym so many days. All I want now is my pain pills and my bed...... the wife actually said she'd nurse me through this, so maby it's a blessing in disguise... that or she's poisoning me.... I'm not joking..

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    What is this all about?!?! I thought Texas was a tough state. Here in New England, kidney stone passing contests are a part of every local summer festival!

Seriously though (which is rare for me these days) my uncle passed one a few years back...and this guy was the epitome of tough. I watched go through physical ordeals twice in my lift....things that would have brought me to hyterics...and he says to this day that nothing has EVER hurt like that...GOOD luck.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The equivalent to child birth.

A large(in comparison to it's exit), sharp edged, crystalized calcium(most of them) concretion.

Heres a link on some tidbits of info.
    http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...ults/index.htm

In all cases bro, I hope it passes with as much ease as possible.

Yeah, so do I. The doctor was astonished on how long I waited to go see her. She said most guys crummble in a matter of hours. Hell I waited 6 days!!! So don't give me no shyte BG!!! All I know is that I would never wish this on my worst enemy. I'll kepp ya updated on how things go. Hell I may post tonight all jakked up on vicadin so it should be interesting. Ok laughing hurts......if anyone wants to know how this feels, just have someone kick ya square in the nuts every 5 minutes and you'll have a slight clue as to the level of pain.......

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    My Kidneys and nuts are hurting after reading all this! OUUCCCHHHH!

Best of luck Big Texan! Hope you have a quick recovery!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro!!!! Ouch!!!! Speedy recovery!!!!

Can they not give you the sonic waves to smash it up!?

I have to go in for more testing tomorrow to varify that it is a stone and not anything else. I hope they can do something......

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    do you have to pass it out??? i saw a special where a Dr used sonic waves to make the stone sort of explode into tiny pieces so you dont have to pass a big stone.

all the best BT and now you might be able to sympathise for the pain your wife went through baring your children!

Depends on whther it's passed out of the kidneys. YOu have to catch it pretty quick for radiation break up. From what it sounds like. Big Tex is givin birth

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Bro....sucks to be you!!! I hope everything goes well man....call if ya need moral support

Yeah, thanks Pheedno!!! Ouch, quit making me laugh...... Major... wanna come hold my hand? Ouch....dammit.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    T, bro! I've never had one, THANK YOU LORD! SWEET SWEET LORD!, but i know my uncle who probably could get run over by a semi 2 to 3 times and not feel a F'n thing! Also, a 3 time gold glove champ in Adika?sp? prison... and I quote "I've never felt so bad in my life, I cried like a f'n baby! like my dog was shot right in front of me!" I really hope you loose it quick man!

But hey look at it this way bro, the pics of stone could be cool! That would be a great avatar, if it's approved by the AV Board! "Hey look at my stone!" sorry bro!

SID

Major, run over his pad and kick him in the balls so he doesn't feel the kidney pain anymore!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I just got back form the docotrs and she told me with my symptoms of lower abdominal pain and blood in the urine it looks like I have a kidney stone trying to pass. An of ya'll go through this, cause it hurts like a mother!!!! I have a very high pain threshold and when I can barely move because of the pain it hurts.... she prescribed me some vicodin though, but I can't pick up the script until after work.

I passed a stone. The pain is excruciating. Mine came out in a nice little blood clot in the ER's bath room. I was yelling so loud in pain when it passed I was told you could hear me throughout the entire ER and the ER's waiting room. The nurse in he hospital told me now I know what it feels like for women to give birth.

I forgot to add. I got a nice urinary track infection after passing the stone from the stone tearing through my urinary track. That wasn't as painful as the stone but hurt like hell. Make sure you see your doctor regularly afterwards to make sure everything is OK.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 07-21-2003 at 03:05 PM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    you have a female doctor?? is it cool when she touches your dingie??

hehe, but seriously...i've read all the replies to this and passing a stone sounds like fucking HELL. all can i think about now is...WHAT IN HELL CAN I DO TO PREVENT PASSING ONE?????

thanks, and my sympathies....
    -- cb

Well tp prevent one, drink LOTS and LOTS of water, always stay hydrated. Especially on high protein diets.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Damm bro!! you are getting old:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Oh here we go again!!! Actually kidney stones are most common in white males between the ages of 20-40 years old. I've been doing alot of research on the min the past few days.

Oh here we go again!!! Actually kidney stones are most common in white males between the ages of 20-40 years old. I've been doing alot of research on the min the past few days.
    Shit, just my luck. I passed one and I'm not even white!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Sorry to hear that. I was just saying what the book said that the doc gave me about kidney stones.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E

Sorry to hear that. I was just saying what the book said that the doc gave me about kidney stones.
    Well, best of luck to you. I hope yours isn't as painful or cause complications like mine did.

I hope they can break it up so I don't have to pass it. But if I do, at least I have the pain pills.....

Big T, I believe you're past the point where they can hit it with the sonic waves, sorry bro. Once it starts down the path they pretty much just let you roll with it but I could be wrong. Like you said you do have the vicodin so it should pass with somewhat minimal discomfort. What milligram dosage did the doc write for you? I've 750mg/APAP that they gave me for post surgery. They don't make me sleepy though. It must be me but they pick me up a little. GOD BLESS the vicodin manufacture. They come in second to the cat or cats that invented A/C!

Alright, apparently I need to cut back my dosage.

I'm at 500mg of vicodin but it also has codine(spelling) with it. I forgot the mg's though.... 2 of these and it's damn near lights out. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've some 500/APAP's somewhere around here as well. You working while waiting for that thing to come out? Be careful when aiming for the bowl, it could shoot back and hit you in the eye. You don't want to have to tell people you're blind in one eye because a flying kidney stone took it out!

I have my safety glasses, hard hat and stell toed shoes.... MSHA requires it around here, so I'm safe. Yeah I'm working, can't afford to miss too many days. I may take the rest of the week off though, I can barely keep my eyes open, driving is a whoot I'll tell ya that much. The vicodin doesn't bother me as much as the codine does, that shit knocks me out.

Prinz is offline New Member
    Hey Big Tex, has it passed yet? I am sure the vicadin is helping alot. I have had kidney stones twice in my life. Once as a teenager and once about 5 years ago when I was 27. I was told that it is like a guy giving birth, but I say that is BS. It is worse. women are equiped to give birth, men are not equiped to piss cyrstalized rock formations with razor edges through their body. I have broken many bones and been hurt doing stupid things many times in my life and that was the worse pain I have ever felt. I hope it passes soon for you. Take care.

Well aparently it's not a stone, doc just called and told me that all the tests came back normal. So now I need to find out what is causing all this pain and why I have blood in my urine.

Prinz is offline New Member
    Well aparently it's not a stone, doc just called and told me that all the tests came back normal. So now I need to find out what is causing all this pain and why I have blood in my urine.
    Wow. Thats even worse not to know what is causing that. Blood in the urine is never a good thing. Best of luck to you.

Thread Information