• 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By BG
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 3 Post By Obs
  • 3 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By NFW
  • 3 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By Cuz

Thread: Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!

In my view not all of us are gifted to have broad shoulders and backs. Especially when we are those fast-metabolism guys (ectomorphs) with the appearance of narrow rib cage width.
    Well, it's something all skinny guys struggle with. They struggle to get a broad look.
    The reason for my posting is that we all think a little about it.
    Like a skinny guy with a small chest and narrow shoulders; Can optimize training to get the look of a titan?

Blog Entries
    In my view, back, shoulders and pectorals are the foundation for trying to get this big titan look.
    Say there, some valuable tips on this. Thanks in , good Sunday to all of you!

Collision !!!

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Im an ecto... graduated high school at 120lbs soaking wet at 6 ft 2.... Look at Dorian and Phil in their early years. I dont think body type matters as much we say they do imho
    I was the smallest kid in school. 15 years later well probably the most muscular by far. So dont let that shit get to your head
    GearHeaded, JaneDoe and KINGKONG like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    it takes time to achieve that 'broad' athletic look.. you have to put on a lot more weight. you can't just pick and chose to have a wide back and broader shoulders and think maybe that will add 10 pounds. it takes a lot more then that.

here is me years and years ago at 150 pounds with my skinny small back
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_45a.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	765.9 KB 
ID:	177811
    now here is me at 210 pounds

Name:	fullsizeoutput_435.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	177812

I had to put on 60 pounds of weight in order to achieve a thicker broader look.. I couldn't of done it with just 10-15 pounds.

you have to just get bigger and stronger everywhere to get a thicker back and broad shoulders.. you have to get strong at your big compound lifts. my bench went from like 155 to 315.. my over head press went from 105 to 245.. on most all back movements and pulling movements I use the stack. I do heavy chest supported T bar rows with 4 plates.. when I do pull ups I do chest to bar (forget those half rep chin to bar pussy pull ups).
    point is , heavy multi joint compound exercises build width and broad back and shoulders. don't waste your time with a lot of isolation stuff.

I've still got a long long way to go to get the truly wide back and broad shoulders I want. but over the years the progress I have made has been by doing things this way. get stronger and your back and shoulders will follow
    Cuz, JaneDoe, Obs and 1 others like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Anything can be achieved. I graduated at 136lbs , trained natural and got to 164lbs in the starting picture, I was eating so many calories I was just starting to get fat. Then I added gear, soaked in training/diet/gear use from every possible person and put it together. You can accomplish what your looking for, it will just take you longer/harder then those with blessed genetics.

Sorry going to try to spin the pics, took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get them on my computer, took pics of pics lol. Thats why they dont look so good.

Edited by *admin*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!-1.jpg   Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!-2.jpg   Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!-3.jpg   Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!-4.jpg  
    Last edited by BG; 12-29-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    KINGKONG, Obs, Cuz and 4 others like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Anything can be achieved. I graduated at 136lbs , trained natural and got to 164lbs in the starting picture, I was eating so many calories I was just starting to get fat. Then I added gear, soaked in training/diet/gear use from every possible person and put it together. You can accomplish what your looking for, it will just take you longer/harder then those with blessed genetics.

Sorry going to try to spin the pics, took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get them on my computer, took pics of pics lol. Thats why they dont look so good.
    BG, you know kel will not be pleased at these sideways pics , it happens to me to lol no idea why.

Edit, your a big fucker eh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Im an ecto... graduated high school at 120lbs soaking wet at 6 ft 2.... Look at Dorian and Phil in their early years. I dont think body type matters as much we say they do imho
    I was the smallest kid in school. 15 years later well probably the most muscular by far. So dont let that shit get to your head

Brother looking at you in this avatar of yours, I would think you were a mesomorph since adolescence!
    You are giant; amazing muscle maturity.
    Cuz likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    BG, you know kel will not be pleased at these sideways pics , it happens to me to lol no idea why.

Edit, your a big fucker eh.
    Thats why I dont post pics, took me so long to get them on my computer then they post sideways! Not that big anymore, looking for a surgeon then Ill be back. But thank you
    clarky. and *Admin* like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    it takes time to achieve that 'broad' athletic look.. you have to put on a lot more weight. you can't just pick and chose to have a wide back and broader shoulders and think maybe that will add 10 pounds. it takes a lot more then that.

I had to put on 60 pounds of weight in order to achieve a thicker broader look.. I couldn't of done it with just 10-15 pounds.

you have to just get bigger and stronger everywhere to get a thicker back and broad shoulders.. you have to get strong at your big compound lifts. my bench went from like 155 to 315.. my over head press went from 105 to 245.. on most all back movements and pulling movements I use the stack. I do heavy chest supported T bar rows with 4 plates.. when I do pull ups I do chest to bar (forget those half rep chin to bar pussy pull ups).
    point is , heavy multi joint compound exercises build width and broad back and shoulders. don't waste your time with a lot of isolation stuff.

I've still got a long long way to go to get the truly wide back and broad shoulders I want. but over the years the progress I have made has been by doing things this way. get stronger and your back and shoulders will follow
    I VERY respectfully disagree on your assessment of your initial pic GH. On your initial pic, you have very nice full rear delt muscle bellies. That is a gift from God imo. They give the upper back amazing width and depth. Also your trap development/potential is easily seen on that initial pic. I personally think you have nice genetics. Unlike poor ecto Cuz, who is destined to be frail and underdeveloped his entire life.
    Last edited by Proximal; 12-29-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Verbal diarrhea
    Cuz and GearHeaded like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

So bro!

I've been trying hard to expand my shoulders and back, but an endocrine friend told me that as much as I have an aesthetic physique, I will always have narrow shoulders and a withered back.

What intrigued me about this idea; stated that bone load and density influence whether an individual will have back and broad shoulders or not.

My 2 cents on this idea of ​​him:

He is a doctor and stated that.
    Wouldn't it be an understatement to say that your bone load at 21 is the same bone load as you at thirty okay?

I even heard reports that HGH can alter a man's bone structure. Because it has the ability to grow bones in the human body.

I have never taken HGH in my life, I have been training for 5 years and I never get extremely broad backs and shoulders!

Of course I only conquered an aesthetic physique ("one that any woman who doesn't understand bodybuilding would be content with").

But I'm not happy with the muscle maturity I have today.

I am emphasizing fixed bars and heavy oars.

My shoulder training includes: lateral shoulder raises; Elevators with bars "all free weight".

I am also trying to work harder to expand my chest, increase my chest, and gain this broad athletic vision.

I'm taking footprints from my farthest hands.

I'm doing my best to get more width, until I want to follow a dirty diet to try to achieve that broad athletic view of my shoulders, back, and so on.

It may be a bad idea to follow a dirty diet to try to progress in size. But I think I'll try!

Branch Warren is one of the bodybuilders that increases this way, remember that. And it works great on that.

Thanks GearHeaded
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 12-29-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post

Edited by *admin*
    Amazing

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Attachment 177822
    Attachment 177823

That was about three years apart.
    I always had a wide back but 6" of added circumference makes all the difference.
    Went from large Tshirts being loose to xxl being tight everywhere but stomach.

A frame is a frame though. We have to work with what we have. These photos are cheating a bit because I had been trying to kill myself with work and alcohol for a couple years in the green shirt photo.

Arms are better now but back is not as thick atm because of a persisting neck issue.

I also dont think a person running time on = to time off can expect similar. Holding mass on AAS over years changes your frame a bit. I ran a lot of deca drinking 5 gallons of milk per week.

My frame still slowly adapts.
    I used to bouce around and jump into deep ditches with ductile iron fittings when I was skinny. Then one day I realized I had to slide down off my truck bed so I didn't hurt my ankles. High impact exercise was a no go. Slowly though I am getting to where I am a little more capable of handling my own weight.

A frame that adapted well over years wont have near the impact issues. Like Roelly Winklaar doing a backflip at 300lbs on stage. That would break most guys legs and ankles.

When you throw it on too quick you pay the price. Probably why my neck has become so screwed. I should have taken yoga from the start.

I think watching aesthetics is wise too. Big chest needs big legs, otherwise you are gonna be a lot more likely to hurt youself.
    A narrow clavicle is never gonna become a wide ass clavicle though, you can do a hell of a lot more than most would believe by adding mass to it.
    Cuz, Proximal and BG like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Attachment 177824
    Attachment 177825

I had no excuse to ever look that shitty or feel that terrible. That guy is dead. He put in all the effort in all the wrong places. Regardless of how you will look the most important thing is to at least feel good about yourself and put in the time and effort to feel so.
    sv.elia, Cuz and BG like this.

NFW
    NFW is offline New Member
    A few years back Arnold made a great comment " when I walk into a gym I never see the kids doing those great old school exercises anymore. Like barbell rows which are absolutely necessary to get a wide thick back."

Are you eating before, during, and after your workouts?
    *Admin* likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    A friend of mine told me when I asked - do back every workout

I did for about 3+ years

A few months before I stopped working out, I had a few people ask me on what’s my routine on my back

I still feel like I need a beater taper tho

Do lots of back & shoulders, I always did lots of shoulder workouts - I still do at least one back exercise on every workout

Edited by *admin*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back and broad shoulders; appearance of a titan!!!-5.jpg  
    Obs, Cuz and sv.elia like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I VERY respectfully disagree on your assessment of your initial pic GH. On your initial pic, you have very nice full rear delt muscle bellies. That is a gift from God imo. They give the upper back amazing width and depth. Also your trap development/potential is easily seen on that initial pic. I personally think you have nice genetics. Unlike poor ecto Cuz, who is destined to be frail and underdeveloped his entire life.
    Lol Prox
    His back was much more gifted than mine lol im not trying to brag on how small i was, but my shoulder blades stuck out like two inches from my back lol. I just recently started working back a little more been kind of a “whenever” thing. But after reading this thread i plan on doing back work alot more. A heavy day and a shaping day I believe my back really took off it’s probably my most genetic gift. Like i said i barely even hit but that’s changing hehe
    Obs and Proximal like this.

Thread Information