Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: The Charlie & GearHeaded Project, another cycle experiment.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    Hello all,

Not much to report as of now. My workouts are going great, and the dBol is giving me a fantastic (albeit imaginary) sense of self worth, lol. I do think my focus is up at the gym, mainly because dBol is great at adding 10 pounds to your bench nearly over night.

I'm hampered by the insane crowds at the gym. Its way worse than last year. I'm thankful for all the people who join gyms and never go, because they subsidize MY gym membership. I just wish they'd fail quicker.... which seems like a terrible thing to say.

Meal prep has become a family affair. My youngest seems to love measuring and weighing food, that girl scoops sweet potatoes like nobody's business. I've "meal prepped" for years, but mostly just "250g of chicken and a cup of rice", repeat, repeat, repeat.... At least there's variety in this plan. Turns our variety is expensive.

Question: has anyone ever used a meal-prep service? Just curious.

Terrifying conversation of the week... in chatting with GH he said, "oh, and you should start monitoring your BP and pulse"... uh... what exactly are you worried about dude?!?

I finally got my T3/T4 yesterday. Running T3 for a while, then switching to T4 for the last phase. I'm in sync with my injection cycle, M/W/F. I've been pre-loading on Sundays and it's very easy maintain. I tried backloading all my pins this past weekend... I just can't figure out how to stop oil from dripping out the needle when I put the plunger back in. I know I'm only losing trace amounts.... but its irritating. I remember my first couple of cycles, I was a zealot about EVERYTHING. I was like, "crap, its 10:09, I'm nine minutes late for my shot!". Now I just shoot for getting it roughly on the right days. I'm pinning so little gear currently, its kinda hard to remember some days.

Posing: turns out I have no idea how to submit pictures to a coach... I've been pestering GH with bad photos. I'll post my weekly check-in pics as I take them.

Intra-workout drink: Finally landed on this mix... 40g of dextrose, teaspoon of creatine, 1/2 teaspoon of beta alanine, teaspoon of bcaa powder, packet of Watermelon (or grape) Propel water flavoring. Tastes good, easy to sip.

Random Science: I heard a quote last night, "There are more stars in the universe than all the grains of sand on every beach on the planet". ...whoa.

Best,
    C-
    If you need help with posing, I can help. I am by no means an expert, but I’m pretty good at hiding faults. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JaneDoe likes this.

BTW- you are doing great and just the type of person for GH’s expirements.

Charlie67 likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Terrifying conversation of the week... in chatting with GH he said, "oh, and you should start monitoring your BP and pulse"... uh... what exactly are you worried about dude?!?
    I actually do this with natty clients as well if they are in a heavy training phase . I'm not exactly worried about health per se here , its a way for me to gauge and track your recovery from the training.

if in week 1 of training your resting heart rate is 68 and bp 115/70 .. and each week that starts trending upward and then lets say by week 6 your pulse is now 78 and bp is up, then your not fully recovering and may need to take a de-load week in training.
    also sleep may need to be adjusted and optimized.

of course in this case, the gear is going to play a factor as well. I expect bp to go up in phase 1 because we are purposely volumizing your blood and hydrating your cells
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 01-16-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    Charlie67 and JaneDoe like this.

Hey Charlie- if GH starts talking about osmotic super compensation.... start running and never look back. LOL. Just kidding.

Charlie67 and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Hey Charlie- if GH starts talking about osmotic super compensation.... start running and never look back. LOL. Just kidding.

don't worry , by time I'm done with Charlie I'll of developed a whole new slew of my own fancy terms to throw at him
    Charlie67 likes this.

reminds me of something a client just asked me the other day when we were going over cycle protocols .. he asked me where "phase cycling" came from and who/how was it invented . I had to be blunt and just say "umm, well I invented it and developed it and put it into use.. it works and I have done it with tons of people over the years".
    JaneDoe likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

Feeling your fingers is over rated. I haven’t felt the right side of my right hand in like 4 years
    Charlie67 and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Feeling your fingers is over rated. I haven’t felt the right side of my right hand in like 4 years
    lol . you know how many people I've helped out trying to get them big and when they start following my protocols they ask me "is it normal for my fingers to be numb all the time". they never experienced that before .. but thats how I know they are bulking properly
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    lol . you know how many people I've helped out trying to get them big and when they start following my protocols they ask me "is it normal for my fingers to be numb all the time". they never experienced that before .. but thats how I know they are bulking properly
    My hands went numb quite a bit from a volumization phase combined with MK677, but it never really bothered me. Chronic pain bothers me. Numbness is whatever
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I was just talking about you cougar

My hands went numb quite a bit from a volumization phase combined with MK677, but it never really bothered me. Chronic pain bothers me. Numbness is whatever
    Ok, just call me a pussy. LOL

Obs likes this.

Obs

Pussy
    Charlie67 likes this.

Well I can’t feel half my right hand from nerve damage, and haven’t felt it in like years, so I’m a little more use to it.

Pussy.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Other people pleasejoin in and call charger a pussy.
    Pussy!

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey all,

Had a quick overnight work trip to Austin, TX where I actually had a good workout at a planet Fitness that didn't suck... go Austin. And also where I snuck a bag of spinach under the conference table and surreptitiously shoveled handfuls in my mouth when I thought no one was watching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attach47596_20200118_174432.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	177992

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Love that it’s a family affair, that’s a great plan. What’s your daily caloric intake (sorry if I missed it). Does it rotate?
    We only specified direct fats in the meal plan, like an avocado. But NOT indirect fats from my meat choices, so on paper I'm shooting for about 2600. But I'm probably eating closer to 2800-2900 depending on my food choices.

don't worry , by time I'm done with Charlie I'll of developed a whole new slew of my own fancy terms to throw at him
    The other day we ended a chat with him saying something like, "walking on the moon is easy... getting to the moon is the complicated part". I was like, next time save me the science and start with that, lol.

Lol, thankfully I'm not there yet. I love having opposable thumbs and I'd prefer to enjoy them.

So we just rounded out week two, I sent GH some uninspired morning shots. I have a hard time 'seeing' things working, but I can feel them. I'm very focused at the gym and I know the Dbol is working because I'm instantly stronger and have more stamina. I'm sort of just trusting the diet stuff because my weight is relatively unchanged... but I think this is a good thing because the last time I ran DBol I jumped 10 pounds in a week. When I started on the 5th I was 253 I think, today I'm 254 but I' stronger and my workouts are better. Trust the process.

I'm not doing great at getting him post-workout pump photos... the gym is so damn crowded and I'm having a hard time feeling comfortable wedging myself in between all the 18yr olds snapping selfies in the mirror. On the days slow enough that I feel comfortable sneaking into one of the studios... its leg day.

The diet is easier now that I'm in a rhythm with my meal prep. I prep 15 full meals for work days, then extra meats to cook a fresh breakfast and dinner every day, for 42 meals a week(ish). Meal prep tomorrow will be about 2 pounds of lean ground beef, 5 cups of brown rice, 5 cups of white rice, 3 pounds of tilapia, 2 pounds of prime sirloin, 24oz of tuna steak, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Throughout the week I’ll cook eggs, and other vegitables to top everything off. My favorite meal of the day is my bedtime snack of low-fat milk, chocolate coconut protein powder, and almonds. It’s like having dessert after eating beef and seafood all day. It’s funny how I used to covet pizza and cake for a cheat meal…. Now I’d throw a nun off a cliff for a little chicken breast. (Just kidding God).

My youngest has started referring to her school lunches as "meal-prep", lol. My 16yr old just thinks I'm weird. Lord only know what the other kid thinks, she's a mystery some days. Mrs. Charlie is getting irritated about refrigerator space and the "sudden" lack of ready-to-eat chicken, but she's a trooper and so much more than I deserve.

The gear is rolling along, still injecting M/W/F, 1/3rd of my weekly allotment of each, nothing different. I’m getting a little less sleep… maybe the Tren … but it’s not bad enough to worry me all that much.

Today was my off day, tomorrow is…. Uh… something upper body I think.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Best,
    Charlie
    JaneDoe, Chark, Obs and 1 others like this.

Obs
    Don't derail the thread... We were calling charger a pussy.

If you are sneaking spinach, you need something....
    Pussy or steak or something.
    ghettoboyd and Charlie67 like this.

Don’t listen to Obs/ he’s a tweeker.

Great job Charlie. I see that GH has started with his... “it’s a process” speeches. LOL
    I’m telling you, you think all of this is science and how everything works... it’s all BS. GH has a voodoo doll of you and all of the gains/ improvements are from what GH wants with the voodoo doll. LOL

On a serious note- this is an expirement are the results so far as expected at this point or is it too early to tell?

i_SLAM_cougars, Obs and Charlie67 like this.

Don’t listen to Obs/ he’s a tweeker.

Great job Charlie. I see that GH has started with his... “it’s a process” speeches. LOL
    I’m telling you, you think all of this is science and how everything works... it’s all BS. GH has a voodoo doll of you and all of the gains/ improvements are from what GH wants with the voodoo doll. LOL

On a serious note- this is an expirement are the results so far as expected at this point or is it too early to tell?

I agree with this. I think he stabs the doll with slin pins full of whatever magic compound
    Charlie67 likes this.

balance is offline Associate Member
    Excellent start Charlie!

Likely overheard army meeting “Did you see that big guy over there stuffing his face with green stuff from under the table?”

Does this phase of program have any cardio?

i_SLAM_cougars and Charlie67 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Don't derail the thread... We were calling charger a pussy.
    My bad Obs, lol.

Thanks Charger, I appreciate it. I'm ok if it's a voodoo doll as long as GH is pulling out the cotton stuffing as the weeks go by.

It's too early to see much, but I feel pretty good, have good focus, and I'm not the least bit struggling from the diet even tho I'm 'only' eating 2600-2800 cals.

Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Excellent start Charlie!

Likely overheard army meeting “Did you see that big guy over there stuffing his face with green stuff from under the table?”

Does this phase of program have any cardio?
    Thanks Balance. If you eat a muffin at a conference, no one cares. Bring spinach and suddenly you're a weirdo.

No cardio. Not sure if that'll change, but I hope not to do much. I'm focused on recomp (hard and slow, but possible).
    JaneDoe and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Tren Cough... AKA: whatever the hell it is that makes you cough when you hit a vein.

I've heard several times about Tren cough, but I've also nicked a vein when injecting not-Tren gear, and thought I felt that mild cough in my lungs. So I've never been sure what the difference was between a TREN induced cough, and a GEAR induced cough. Or if a Gear induced cough was even a thing.

Yesterday when I injected, I noticed a bit more blood than normal and thought, eh, so I nicked a vein, big deal. But then ... damn.... I was OVERWHELMED by a coughing fit deep in my lungs that I was sure was going to kill me. I was better in about 7-10 minutes, but damn it was awful. I've ran Tren E and never experienced anything like that. Coincidentally, I've had a small cough that, in retrospect, seems to have started about when I started this cycle. I'm wondering if its related? In about 4 weeks I'm dropping the Tren, we'll see if the cough goes away.

Finding weak spots in your physiology is easy...

Just do a shit ton of reps..... Due to some bad scheduling, I had to go to the gym very late at night, and I was already tired. But I was on another high-rep day, 4 sets of 20. After doing 100 peck-deck flys, and 100 cable flys, I went over for incline dumbell presses and my right biceps and triceps were just spent. Giving it superficial thought, its likely that a naggy right shoulder issue was being over-compensated for by the rest of my right arm, and I was tired, but regardless of why, the rest of my chest workout suffered greatly.

The moral of the story kids is this, always consider form - especially when your tired. And be thoughtful of exercise order.

Legs today.... yay.....

Meal Prep

Just more of the same.

Name:	IMG_20200120_171507.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	178016

Progress
    Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. And we're just cruising along.

My bad Obs, lol.

Thanks Charger, I appreciate it. I'm ok if it's a voodoo doll as long as GH is pulling out the cotton stuffing as the weeks go by.

It's too early to see much, but I feel pretty good, have good focus, and I'm not the least bit struggling from the diet even tho I'm 'only' eating 2600-2800 cals.

Thanks Balance. If you eat a muffin at a conference, no one cares. Bring spinach and suddenly you're a weirdo.

No cardio. Not sure if that'll change, but I hope not to do much. I'm focused on recomp (hard and slow, but possible).
    I eat my broccoli and asparagus raw and everyone thinks I’m weird. Still not as weird as Chucky slipping himself spinach. It would be funny if someone called on him right after stuffing his face.... or having a green leaf caught in your teeth

moetorious is offline Junior Member
    Not sure if you mentioned it already or not.. are iyiu doing cardio with this program?

I eat my broccoli and asparagus raw and everyone thinks I’m weird. Still not as weird as Chucky slipping himself spinach.
    I'm in good company:

Name:	0db48bcfd4f3f1ca9088d48aee8d36e7.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	178020

And brother... eating raw asparagus is WAY weirder, lol.

I'm curious Charger, what's your shoulder workout look like?
    Last edited by Charlie67; 01-21-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moetorious View Post
    Not sure if you mentioned it already or not.. are iyiu doing cardio with this program?
    I did, but 'no', I'm not doing any cardio currently. I'm justifying it by saying I need to keep another trick up my sleeve for when I stall out.

saving cardio for later on in the deeper recomp portions of this thing .. right now we need to get Charlie loaded up with a shit ton of glycogen and water to 'prime' his muscles to grow once we enter into the anabolic phase . cardio is likely just going to burn glycogen and glucose stores away when his calories are not super high to begin with
    JaneDoe, Cuz, Charlie67 and 1 others like this.

saving cardio for later on in the deeper recomp portions of this thing .. right now we need to get Charlie loaded up with a shit ton of glycogen and water to 'prime' his muscles to grow once we enter into the anabolic phase . cardio is likely just going to burn glycogen and glucose stores away when his calories are not super high to begin with
    Be careful Charlie the GH jibberish is beginning. Run while you have a chance. LOL

JaneDoe and Charlie67 like this.

Run while you have a chance. LOL
    But that would be cardio.... so.....

Here's an interesting thing, a few weeks ago I started trying to objectively track how I feel. Ranking of 5 being the same as I've always felt, lower than 5 feeling worse than normal, higher than 5 feeling better than normal. And I'm hard on my ranking.

Look at this:

Name:	GearHeaded_Log.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	178041

For the last few weeks, I'm feeling a bit better than normal and my weight has hardly changed..... but I'm on gear, I'm feeling better than normal, eating an entirely different diet, and despite the gear I'm having ZERO side effects, and I'm lifting more than normal. The dBol alone should have driven my weight up through water retention... so what's that mean?

Hopefully it means that a thoughtfully designed "recomp" oriented cycle, diet adherence, and a work-out plan that keeps me healthy yet working hard might just be working..... Even at my age.

Sure... its not the sudden instant gratification that it could be by doubling the dBol, and running crazy amounts of Test and insulin ... and then blowing up with pop-tarts. Its slow, and frankly I can hardly notice it outside of the gym. But today someone asked me if I was losing weight because my face looked thinner. Things seem to be going well, and I feel great.

[Edit] Or maybe this is all nonsense placebo and my gear is fake. It might mean that too... 50/50.

Have an outstanding day fellas,
    C-

Here's an interesting thing, a few weeks ago I started trying to objectively track how I feel. Ranking of 5 being the same as I've always felt, lower than 5 feeling worse than normal, higher than 5 feeling better than normal. And I'm hard on my ranking.

Look at this:

For the last few weeks, I'm feeling a bit better than normal and my weight has hardly changed..... but I'm on gear, I'm feeling better than normal, eating an entirely different diet, and despite the gear I'm having ZERO side effects, and I'm lifting more than normal. The dBol alone should have driven my weight up through water retention... so what's that mean?

Hopefully it means that a thoughtfully designed "recomp" oriented cycle, diet adherence, and a work-out plan that keeps me healthy yet working hard might just be working..... Even at my age.

Sure... its not the sudden instant gratification that it could be by doubling the dBol, and running crazy amounts of Test and insulin ... and then blowing up with pop-tarts. Its slow, and frankly I can hardly notice it outside of the gym. But today someone asked me if I was losing weight because my face looked thinner. Things seem to be going well, and I feel great.

[Edit] Or maybe this is all nonsense placebo and my gear is fake. It might mean that too... 50/50.

C-
    The wizard knows his stuff. The cycle we started off on had me on the most gear ever and I felt amazing because all the compounds worked in synergy. I blew up, and got pretty strong. Shame I got sick halfway through and had to postpone it, but it was going great up until that point

Look at this:

C-
    It’s voodoo!! LOL
    Chucky- you are doing a great job documenting this!!!

Charlie67 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Way to go Charlie, the end results are going to be insane.
    Charlie67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Way to go Charlie, the end results are going to be insane.
    Maybe not "insane"... I'd take mildly successful

Morning guys!

A joke:
    A dog walked into a bar and asks the bartender, “Do you have any jobs?” The bartender says, “Why don’t you try the circus?” The dog replies, “Why would the circus need a bartender?”

A quote from my 16yr old daughter:
    "Ya know dad, dark jokes are like fresh water... not everyone gets it."

Update
    No training today, but I did take my weekly morning unflexed (ie: soft and supple) pictures... Its hard to see much change, maybe a little trimmer which is nice since my weight HASN'T changed at all. They're below to give you a laugh.

In a bit of good news, I get a burger. Its true, GH just told me. Probably Monday about 2 hours before the gym. His suggestion was McDonalds burger with fries and... this is a direct quote.... "a small dessert". Mic drop.

I've been feeling flat at the gym this past week, very little pump, but my focus, energy level, and overall workout quality has been up... good workouts, small quickly fading pumps. He wants to see if the cheat meal helps reset that before the diet gets stricter in a few weeks, and I have been killing my current diet.

Recall, still no cardio.

Have a great weekend all.
    C-

Name:	Front Comp.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	178051

Name:	Back Comp.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	755.8 KB 
ID:	178050

Name:	Left Comp.jpg 
Views:	80 
ID:	178052

Lookin’ good bro
    Charlie67 likes this.

Morning guys!

A joke:
    A dog walked into a bar and asks the bartender, “Do you have any jobs?” The bartender says, “Why don’t you try the circus?” The dog replies, “Why would the circus need a bartender?”

Update
    No training today, but I did take my weekly morning unflexed (ie: soft and supple) pictures... Its hard to see much change, maybe a little trimmer which is nice since my weight HASN'T changed at all. They're below to give you a laugh.

In a bit of good news, I get a burger. Its true, GH just told me. Probably Monday about 2 hours before the gym. His suggestion was McDonalds burger with fries and... this is a direct quote.... "a small dessert". Mic drop.

I've been feeling flat at the gym this past week, very little pump, but my focus, energy level, and overall workout quality has been up... good workouts, small quickly fading pumps. He wants to see if the cheat meal helps reset that before the diet gets stricter in a few weeks, and I have been killing my current diet.

Recall, still no cardio.

C-

Well GH is going to let me have PB this next bulk..... so there! LOL

Charlie67 likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

Morning guys!

A joke:

Update

Recall, still no cardio.

C-

I can see some changes bro. Chest and back look fuller and rounder and the waist has come in some for sure. Same weight?? then you are truly recomp-ing!
    Keep it up!
    Charlie67 and JaneDoe like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the focus you are having, your project is motivating.
    Charlie67 likes this.

I've mainly run long esters in the past, and I thought short esters would be a far quicker uptake. So I was just cruising along, assuming that the small amount of gear I was running was already in play. But I must say, here in week four I feel great! My workouts are going great and I feel strong at the gym. My strength is going up and despite my consistent diet, I've jumped from 253 to 257 in about 5 days. It may be a fluke, but who cares, I feel great and that's the point.

In a couple weeks we're switching to test/Deca /Primo. Never ran Primo before, so I'm looking forward to that.

Tonight is legs... I don't love the high-rep workouts.... 4 sets of 20ish.... but I'm obedient.

Progress pictures on Saturday.

Work hard everyone,
    Charlie
    JaneDoe, Cuz and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've mainly run long esters in the past, and I thought short esters would be a far quicker uptake. So I was just cruising along, assuming that the small amount of gear I was running was already in play. But I must say, here in week four I feel great! My workouts are going great and I feel strong at the gym. My strength is going up and despite my consistent diet, I've jumped from 253 to 257 in about 5 days. It may be a fluke, but who cares, I feel great and that's the point.

In a couple weeks we're switching to test/Deca /Primo. Never ran Primo before, so I'm looking forward to that.

Tonight is legs... I don't love the high-rep workouts.... 4 sets of 20ish.... but I'm obedient.

Work hard everyone,
    Charlie

I think the (AAs ) being the one responsible for putting 4lbs on you in 5 days ...

Much luck in this plan brother ... Looking forward to seeing the end of it all ...

The tension is that I am not able to subscribe to this topic .... I am not finding the subscription option to always receive updates and notifications

Work hard everyone,
    Charlie
    His volumization and pump workouts are from hell, but they do amazing things
    Charlie67 likes this.

The unfortunate thing about going to large over-crowded gym is the lack of fresh air in the locker room... its not that I cant appreciate a 2 gallon vat of Axe Body Spray, but damn fellas, leave some for the ladies. I'm good.
    Proximal and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information