• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By bomb_r2
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo

Thread: Hospital paper work

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member

Hospital paper work

I went for bloods yesterday . I recieved a call today saying I need to go to the hospital right now . I go and they do x rays, give me saline solution and give me a paper about Polycythemia vera. They then tell me they moved up my oncologist appointment to monday and I need to have bloods done again Monday.

Does that mean I have Polycythemia vera?
    No jokes seriously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    How’s your rbc?

Sounds to me like it’s from juice - what r u on?

I'm on clomid . Rbc was fine I assume

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It means that they are referring you to the oncologist because they are more familiar with blood disorders, relevant tests, and the correct treatment. Don't let it freak you out, although I know it is frustrating because you don't have any answers yet.

I have a clotting disorder and when blood thinners didn't work, my cardiologist set me up with an oncologist.

I will say to be prepared to be asked about AAS usage.

PV is usually associated with bone marrow problems, but remember you probably haven't been diagnosed yet, just referred to an oncologist for testing and diagnosis. If you haven't been diagnosed through testing, the hospital is simply guessing at the cause.

They will probably draw quite a few vacutainers of blood at the oncologist, that is normal.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-18-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

My oncologist knows about my aas usage and I was bled on the 28th when I was treated for rhabdo.

Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    My oncologist knows about my aas usage and I was bled on the 28th when I was treated for rhabdo.

Well that conversation is out of the way then.

They'll be drawing a good bit of blood. I'm simply trying to prepare you for the process. When you say drawing blood, I don't mean a phlebotomy, they'll be drawing for blood disorder testing.
    If they have already drawn the blood for testing, it usually takes a week or more even on a rush order for the results.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-18-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Well that conversation is out of the way then.

They'll be drawing a good bit of blood. I'm simply trying to prepare you for the process
    Do u mean a lot like more than 5 vials like today?

Do u mean a lot like more than 5 vials like today?

If I recall correctly, they drew 11 vacutainers for the various tests for my problem. Oncologists specialize in these types of cases.

Edit: It may have been 9 vacutainers, but I'm thinking it was 11 and it took time to get all of the results back.

If I recall correctly, they drew 11 vacutainers for the various tests for my problem. Oncologists specialize in these types of cases
    Damm I guess my headache will go away

Damm I guess my headache will go away

Yeah, man. Just try to stay relaxed and not stress. I know that's easier said than done, but for now that's the healthiest thing you can do.
    Also, don't let friends, etc. guessing at the cause get on your nerves. I had people guessing/speculating that I had everything from leukemia to liver cancer and you know what? That all it was, just guesses. They meant well, but very... aggravating.

Kick back, hydrate, relax, and binge watch TV or something. I burnt about 2 days just hanging out with my wife, our dogs, and watching WSM contests, etc.

Remember, hang loose for now.
    Cuz likes this.

Yeah, man. Just try to stay relaxed and not stress. I know that's easier said than done, but for now that's the healthiest thing you can do.
    Also, don't let friends, etc. guessing at the cause get on your nerves. I had people guessing/speculating that I had everything from leukemia to liver cancer and you know what? That all it was, just guesses. They meant well, but very... aggravating.

Kick back, hydrate, relax, and binge watch TV or something. I burnt about 2 days just hanging out with my wife, our dogs, and watching WSM contests, etc.

Remember, hang loose for now.
    I'm nervous as fuck . My mom is making me more nervous. I'm going to the appt Monday by myself

I'm nervous as fuck . My mom is making me more nervous. I'm going to the appt Monday by myself

Personally, I went to virtually all my appointments by myself. Less stress and it allowed me to take notes. In fact, I encourage you to start a notebook, take notes at your appointments, start a folder, get copies of all of your labwork...there yours.

Also, you can use the notebook to write down questions you may have in between appointments so you can address them at your next appointment.

Re: Your Mom making you nervous, remember, she is probably nervous too. Don't let her rev you up ( even though she means well). The more nervous you are will only serve to fuel her emotions. Remember, you don't have any definitive answers yet.

Personally, I went to virtually all my appointments by myself. Less stress and it allowed me to take notes. In fact, I encourage you to start a notebook, take notes at your appointments, start a folder, get copies of all of your labwork...there yours.

Also, you can use the notebook to write down questions you may have in between appointments so you can address them at your next appointment.

Re: Your Mom making you nervous, remember, she is probably nervous too. Don't let her rev you up ( even though she means well). The more nervous you are will only serve to fuel her emotions. Remember, you don't have any definitive answers yet.
    I have access to all my blood work online . Sometimes it takes a few days to post. My mom always tells me she's praying for me and every time she says it boom something else wrong . I'm bout tell her fuck god . At this point I'm literally fighting tears and trying to look strong .

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I have access to all my blood work online . Sometimes it takes a few days to post. My mom always tells me she's praying for me and every time she says it boom something else wrong . I'm bout tell her fuck god . At this point I'm literally fighting tears and trying to look strong .

I was driving down the road six years ago and I answered my phone, it was my doctor calling. He said "Tomás, are you near a hospital?". I said yeah. He said "Get to A&E, your liver's going to fail". I then spent about 4.5 weeks in hospital as my ALT slowly reduced from 3000 to 600.

Steroids can fuck you up but you're 99% likely to recover.
    bomb_r2 likes this.

Blog Entries
    What did you originally go in for?

Or, did I miss that

The 27th of last month i was in for rhabdo. I couldn't move my limbs . Then today was because my blood work was high yesterday, but when I was treated for rhabdo it was high too

Blog Entries
    ^ gotcha

Good luck man

Follow through with your MD’s orders & do your own research as you go along

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    ^ gotcha

Good luck man

Follow through with your MD’s orders & do your own research as you go along
    According to my research I've had high red blood cells and hemoglobin since since 2016 . I'm wondering why wouldn't they tell me sooner? It's kinda a mind fuck.

My sister is coming tomorow with me and we're getting stoned to the bone after my oncology appt( On weed ) .

Today my legs hurt about a hand length above my knees to the bone . I've had this several times last year also where I could barely put on pants because it hurts to lift my legs or put weight on them . I just thought oh it's from inflammation. I have this a few days a month it always goes away after i pop glutamine , tumeric and cummerin along with tylenol for a few days. No biggy

Blog Entries
    This all sounds terrible & reminds me again on how fragile we can be

For sure - smoke some weed, relax(or at least try to at least)
    bomb_r2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    This all sounds terrible & reminds me again on how fragile we can be

For sure - smoke some weed, relax(or at least try to at least)
    I always thought well my dad was always hot . My dad was always red . He always had high blood pressure.

I'm hoping these doctors give me some pain killers the good stuff. The more I'm reading about it the more it seeem real. I had gout . My feet are always purple . I've had kidney stones many times , get out of breath easily . Some times I just lose all energy and my heart does beat fast . I thought well if I change my life style and I did but I did and nothing ever got better

I had a cbc test everything high . Dr said I had no genetic marker mutations . I had 500ml of blood taken out. Holy shit I'm not red I got cold for the first time I can hear better my leg pain weny away no more headache. Another blood test in a week

teejey likes this.

My feet aren't purple , my hands aren't red. I'm not hot . Omg i feel great. I feel like im high or something.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    My feet aren't purple , my hands aren't red. I'm not hot . Omg i feel great. I feel like im high or something.

Do you get phlebotomys or donate blood ever?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teejey View Post
    Do you get phlebotomys or donate blood ever?

Not since 2012 . My doctor had me donate blood today. He didn't say donate but pretty much my blood is unusable.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    Not since 2012 . My doctor had me donate blood today. He didn't say donate but pretty much my blood is unusable.

A therapeutic phlebotomy has it's benefits it doesn't necessarily need to be used to help someone. Your thread caught my attention, I'm super anal about my hemotacrit levels and blood pressure. I get the super red face and stuff when it gets elevated. Do you have asthma? On top of peds creating more red blood cells your body needing more oxygen will make it create more as well. Hopefully this will work out for you, it's gotta be a huge relief to find out you don't have the gene mutation that usually is an indicator of polycythemia. I've let my levels get too high before and I get out of breathe way easy red faced headaches freaking chest pain it sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by teejey View Post
    A therapeutic phlebotomy has it's benefits it doesn't necessarily need to be used to help someone. Your thread caught my attention, I'm super anal about my hemotacrit levels and blood pressure. I get the super red face and stuff when it gets elevated. Do you have asthma? On top of peds creating more red blood cells your body needing more oxygen will make it create more as well. Hopefully this will work out for you, it's gotta be a huge relief to find out you don't have the gene mutation that usually is an indicator of polycythemia. I've let my levels get too high before and I get out of breathe way easy red faced headaches freaking chest pain it sucks ass.

Asthma , bones hurt , out of breath from walking to bed. I'm staying off gear for a bit. I just assumed I was red because I'm hot. Which it turns out you can get hot from thick blood . I should send pics of today and Saturday. I'm actually white. It's night and day. I have a regular doctor appointment Friday then back to the oncologist Monday and I get another blood test for my levels

Asthma , bones hurt , out of breath from walking to bed. I'm staying off gear for a bit. I just assumed I was red because I'm hot. Which it turns out you can get hot from thick blood . I should send pics of today and Saturday. I'm actually white. It's night and day. I have a regular doctor appointment Friday then back to the oncologist Monday and I get another blood test for my levels

Sounds like a really shit experience overall, but 99% of people who end up in hospital over steroids don't die, and 95% of that 99% make a full recovery.
    bomb_r2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post

Sounds like a really shit experience overall, but 99% of people who end up in hospital over steroids don't die, and 95% of that 99% make a full recovery.
    It was but it could have been way worse

It was but it could have been way worse

You should start doing the parkrun after this, it's a timed 5km run every Saturday at the park. It's all over America and Europe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post

You should start doing the parkrun after this, it's a timed 5km run every Saturday at the park. It's all over America and Europe now.
    Whoa buddy I did 2 miles at the hospital yesterday and my creatine levels raised from it. It hasn't even been a month since I had rhabdo. I'm still trying to open Gatorade bottles and clip my toe nails. U go and let me know how you did

Thread Information