• 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 2 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Deep Tissue Massages?

Kyle1337 is offline Member

Deep Tissue Massages?

Do you guys ever get deep tissue massages?

I had a lady for almost 2 years who I trusted and she recently quit to pursue another career. I have tried a couple others, but it's just not the same...

She use to apply DEEP PRESSURE, while everyone else does more lighter pressure. They said they use to be trained to apply heavy pressure, however with today's consensus it's more detrimental to the muscle and could cause more scar tissue to form rather than break down the scar tissue.

Guess by that logic, I'll workout less harder??

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Deep Tissue Massages?

Iam not sure about all scar tissue stuff but, yeah it’s on of my necessities...got this thick sexy girl......anyways I do notice I get sick day after..I know toxins store in adipose tissue but wasn’t aware they did in muscle or maybe it’s another by product of all the training..regardless, it feels excellent and along with extensive stretching and warming up, I spend more time on those then weight training..iam ashamed to say
    It’s a right of passage..
    Love google

“The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing” Socrates
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-19-2020 at 09:07 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes, big believer in deep tissue work and Graston scraping.

I'm in the same situation on getting a new massage therapist though. Been with my current therapist several years, but she isn't going to be able to schedule Saturday sessions anymore due to family commitments, which I completely understand.

Nothing like a good 60 or 90 minute deep tissue session and then drinking a boatload of water or light electrolyte mix.
    KINGKONG, Cuz and Kyle1337 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

I'm in the same situation on getting a new massage therapist though. Been with my current therapist several years, but she isn't going to be able to schedule Saturday sessions anymore due to family commitments, which I completely understand.

Nothing like a good 60 or 90 minute deep tissue session and then drinking a boatload of water or light electrolyte mix.
    I enjoy the happy endings too..
    Toxins man?

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    I enjoy the happy endings too..
    Toxins man?

Yes sir, when they break down any sticky tissue or tissue that has recently had an enlargement of muscle fibers, there seems to be a release of toxins, so I always flush them out.
    Kyle1337, KINGKONG and Proximal like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Agree, I understand my therapist's situation too. It's just tough. Everyone I've gone to knew her and they always start off with, well she's pretty tough... Yes she was tough, husky built and could get those damn muscles to break down and release!!!

My area is terrible for everything though. We don't have a new gym (everything is old and not upkept and I am not talking old school gym, just trash). No TRT clinics, no anti age, no massage, no solid sports chiro - nothing. Ugh need to move once my contract at work is up! Lol.

AG, good luck finding another person to trust. I am still on the hunt, maybe I just need to tell my now therapists I will leave if you don't push harder! lol
    almostgone likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Yes sir, when they break down any sticky tissue or tissue that has recently had an enlargement of muscle fibers, there seems to be a release of toxins, so I always flush them out.
    I know when I’ve had an “enlargement of muscle fibers” I like to flush them out ASAP as well. That build-up of toxins is downright unpleasant.
    Cylon357, KINGKONG and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I know when I’ve had an “enlargement of muscle fibers” I like to flush them out ASAP as well. That build-up of toxins is downright unpleasant.
    LOL, yep!!! Nobody likes for these things to take care of themselves in an autonomous manner.....too messy!!
    Proximal and KINGKONG like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Yep, indeed AG.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I come from a cycling background so that's what I view everything athletic in the light of. And pro cyclists competing in a "stage race" (meaning the contests spans several days) always get a massage within an hour of getting off the bike.
    Proximal, Kyle1337 and GirlyGymRat like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I get DEEP Tissue and even bruises because it is that intense. Love it. Need it. Not everyone does.

I’m encouraged to take a soaking bath with deep sea salts after massage. Plus drink some extra water.

If I’m on the edge I’d getting sick, massage causes me to get sick...luckily doesn’t happen often!
    KINGKONG, almostgone and Kyle1337 like this.

Glad to hear you all share the same feeling. Finding a quality person is the challenge now (again).

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes! Every 5-6 weeks, I swear by them.
    almostgone likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I cant afford to here in the US or at least I choose to spend the money elsewhere but when I travel I get them at least ever other day since it's only $5-$10 including tip.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    If I’m on the edge I’d getting sick, massage causes me to get sick...luckily doesn’t happen often!
    Total jinx - sick for 2 weeks! Rough!
    Proximal and lovbyts like this.

No massage / thanks COVID19

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep I have a great Massage Therapist! She incorporates hot stones and towels into deep tissue ... does an amazing job. I had one scheduled for last Tuesday and she canceled because CDC recommended it.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Yep I have a great Massage Therapist! She incorporates hot stones and towels into deep tissue ... does an amazing job. I had one scheduled for last Tuesday and she canceled because CDC recommended it.
    I get it.

It’s the ONE appt I look forward too....srsly!!!

Want to cancel any and all female tests or a nose swab....sure....how many months can I safely push that off....8 months....awesome.

Take away one massage and I’m angry bird.
    almostgone likes this.

Me and my first world problems
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information