Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: A bit of dating advice?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    We both still have demanding careers and when you pair that with my training schedule, we MIGHT see each other for a handful of hours per week, even though we live together.
    If you share a bedroom and sleep approximately the same hours then I think that counts as "time together". So that's like 50 hours per week before you have a chat or go jogging together. Just saying.

Time spent with another person doesn't have to be face to face chatting (or even jogging together or going out for meals).

I haven't lived with a partner in a few years, but when I last did, we were both unemployed and spent pretty much all day together. If you subtracted toilet breaks, and occasional walks into different rooms of the house to find a TV remote control or whatever, and then rounded down the hours we spent together, then we probably came out at 23 hours per day. Maybe once in a while it was 22 hours if she went to see her therapist that day. Obviously it wasn't an ideal relationship, nor was either of us living an ideal life.

Some people go the whole hog on "independence" or "solitude" and even sleep in a separate room to their partner. (even though they live in the same house). I even met one guy whose wife lived in a different city (they didn't have any children).

Some people think that every human should form a pairbond to have the most fulfilling life, but then again some people take a vow of celibacy and go live in an ashram/temple/monastery. If you do form a pairbond then I suppose every relationship is unique, and different couples have different ideas of what is "too much time together" or "too much time apart".

I haven't been in a realtionship in a few years, but I imagine the next time I live with a girl, we'd probably want at least 8 hours per week on top of the ~50 sleeping hours together. With that said though, I'm a very different person today than I was a few years ago.
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 07-08-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    sv.elia likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    I ty for the input! Can't believe this old thread got revived.

We’re bored - real bored

Yeah, specially in today world(def here in the US) pussy(I mean dating is scarce - people have less contact than ever now. Fuck - face masks everywhere u go, followed by nasty looks

As I was saying - we’re bored

How’s life rn on the other side of the globe anyway?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    If you share a bedroom and sleep approximately the same hours then I think that counts as "time together". So that's like 50 hours per week before you have a chat or go jogging together. Just saying.

Time spent with another person doesn't have to be face to face chatting (or even jogging together or going out for meals).

I haven't lived with a partner in a few years, but when I last did, we were both unemployed and spent pretty much all day together. If you subtracted toilet breaks, and occasional walks into different rooms of the house to find a TV remote control or whatever, and then rounded down the hours we spent together, then we probably came out at 23 hours per day. Maybe once in a while it was 22 hours if she went to see her therapist that day. Obviously it wasn't an ideal relationship, nor was either of us living an ideal life.

Some people go the whole hog on "independence" or "solitude" and even sleep in a separate room to their partner. (even though they live in the same house). I even met one guy whose wife lived in a different city (they didn't have any children).

Some people think that every human should form a pairbond to have the most fulfilling life, but then again some people take a vow of celibacy and go live in an ashram/temple/monastery. If you do form a pairbond then I suppose every relationship is unique, and different couples have different ideas of what is "too much time together" or "too much time apart".

I haven't been in a realtionship in a few years, but I imagine the next time I live with a girl, we'd probably want at least 8 hours per week on top of the ~50 sleeping hours together. With that said though, I'm a very different person today than I was a few years ago.
    That’s the thing though; due to our work schedules for much of the year, sleeping together isn’t a thing either. For example, starting this Sunday, I’ll be covering our lab at night for the next few months, so I’ll be sleeping while she is at work and vice versa. As such, our time together will be limited to crossing paths on the way in and out of the door, to and from work.

Blog Entries
    That’s the thing though; due to our work schedules for much of the year, sleeping together isn’t a thing either. For example, starting this Sunday, I’ll be covering our lab at night for the next few months, so I’ll be sleeping while she is at work and vice versa. As such, our time together will be limited to crossing paths on the way in and out of the door, to and from work.
    Read this^ - but, not paragraphs of made up gibberish

It all depends on how you/we are - I’m bad with this stuff, every time I got OTR I can’t sleep without my son or wife near by - even when we face time or whatever, I get all strung out - I can manage without one, but not both

Over the years I formed some odd co-dependence or some shit - I can’t b alone any more for extended periods of time. I don’t freak out - but, I can’t rest - let alone fall asleep
    sv.elia and SampsonandDelilah like this.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    We imposed no demands on the others time, and realized that we needed to be able to both be completely comfortable separately in order to be able to be happy together. It gave us some very interesting perspective, and we both had room to grow our own lives while still being able to share in the others improvements and growths.
    I really admire that type of independency, but personally I don't know if I'd be able to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    How’s life rn on the other side of the globe anyway?
    Really peaceful where I live. Businesses are too small and they won't risk losing clients on account of corona, so rules are quite disregarded. If there won't be a second wave things will turn as good as they were.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I really admire that type of independency, but personally I don't know if I'd be able to pull it.
    She and I will be the first ones to admit that we are pretty damned abnormal when compared to most people, so it wouldn’t surprise me if you couldn’t. For whatever weird reason, we don’t require regular reaffirmation of each others thoughts and feelings (though we give then often anyway) in order to feel secure in our lives together.
    Part of this may be just how we are as people, but it’s likely that our friendship/relationship (a coming and going that spans almost 20 years at this point) shifts over the years has more to do with it. We first crossed paths in 2003, then held a long distance friendship for six years, tried dating in 2009, separated after a few months, then had barely any contact for another six years. We fell back into each others lives in 2015, and have been involved in some way since.
    It’s been a long and weird trip, but we just kept finding ourselves back in each others lives, and even more attracted to each other than the last time.
    sv.elia likes this.

Over the years I formed some odd co-dependence or some shit - I can’t b alone any more for extended periods of time. I don’t freak out - but, I can’t rest - let alone fall asleep

I hope I never go there again NZ

Blog Entries
    Really peaceful where I live. Businesses are too small and they won't risk losing clients on account of corona, so rules are quite disregarded. If there won't be a second wave things will turn as good as they were.

Gotcha,

Here's is def not as well - apparently it's not that small of a population out here - now we're leading the way of states per capita deaths & cases < totally great
    sv.elia likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do you still have contact with this guy who ignored you?
    sv.elia likes this.

Nope^ thanks for being thoughtful
    JaneDoe likes this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Blog Entries
    Nope^ thanks for being thoughtful
    The best thing you did was to continue living your life. Because running after an asshole doesn't pay.
    sv.elia and lovbyts like this.

Absolutely^

On a funnier note, I just found this on the internet, lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Self-partnered.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	179525
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely^

lmao

Absolutely^

I, too, masturbate.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    No matter which app I use, I have a few rules – reject any woman with a Snapchat filter on their pics. How old are you? 10? 12? That’s a massive purge to start with.

Then avoid any woman who’s “hobby” is meeting family and friends. How bloody boring must she be if thats a hobby?

Dump all those who say they “love to laugh”. Oh, there’s me loving to cry my stupid eyes out every night in misery and agony!

Read reviews on dating apps, like this zoosk review

Avoid any profile which only has a face photo… well, unless you like surprises, of course.

Then I’m left with the normal/interesting ones.

You know nothing about them until you meet = a few I’ve got on fantastically on texts, then you meet and it’s instant hatred!

I'm still single btw
    Last edited by Oliver47; 05-17-2021 at 03:16 AM.
    < <Samson> > and BG like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^ So people still use dating apps? I guess a sucker is still born every day. I gave up on those 20 years ago. lol Every successful or at least long term relationship I have had was meeting someone by chance usually doing something I like to do outdoors. Not clubs, not at the gym.

Keep doing what you are doing (Living life) and when its right you will meat the right person. Until then enjoy those you do meat even if they are not Mr. Ms. right. All the ones I thought were a great match in the past were more my reflection of who I thought they were than who they really were.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    How much “following” are you actually doing all together? Creep alert!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    You are a very nice and true woman, you deserve a man who is reciprocal with the feelings!

Imho;

Many guys who are very handsome have self-centeredness and narcissism, so they don't care about feelings.

We can also point out, that the majority suffered some psychological disorder in the past of contempt for women, humiliation etc., in short they create a shield for loving bonds, they no longer believe in any girl etc ... They just want sex and nothing else!
    I follow you here on the forum and see that you are a very nice and pleasant woman; who is losing is this guy.
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Had a dating app for a month and went on a couple of dates that turned out to be wastes of time. What kind of girls don't fuck on the second date? If the girl is a 5 in real life, she's a 8 on a dating app. You know how many matches/swipes/whatever the fuck girls get on apps? They get hundreds. So I went and got my new girl in real life. I realized that the difference beween most men and women is that most men will still fuck you even they think you're a lunatic, but if a girl doesn't like 1 thing about you (or her perception of it), you ain't getting any. And so, I'd rather go for girls in life that are already interested in me than have to build up whatever is in her dumb ass mind.
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    So far I only met guys that were attracted to me when I played hard-to-get, and the moment I started being reassuring regarding my feelings, they started losing interest.

Am I dating the wrong type or really no man likes women that are doing a bit of courtship themselves (like sending first lines, reminders, compliments and so on)?

Recently I did just that to a terribly good looking athlete, but I got late short replies. And I don't know what to think, is he busy or am I fooling myself into believing he has any use of some building up from me.

I played hard-to-get games on a few ppl a while ago, resulting in some talk of long term commitment. But I did not like having the upper hand, being less involved and always with a thought ahead. Being manipulative feels lonely.

Do I really have to be a distant cold bitch to get
    the interest of a good man? Or maybe wait longer for someone else?
    There's not a damn thing wrong with a woman who knows what she wants and is willing to pursue it. That shows a very genuine and confident type of woman.

That said, it takes a certain type of man to appreciate those qualities in a woman. You could say that he'd have to have similar qualities himself.

By and large, narcissistic personality people will not have those qualities.

My opinion, to put it simply is something my wife said to me back when we were dating. She had a very popular and attractive athlete pursuing her at the same time I was.

She chose me obviously. And explained it like this. *"I don't want a man who tries harder to look pretty than I do"

I think she was onto something. Because one is a man in love with her. The other is a man in love with himself and wanting her as his "accessory" if you will. Not to say people can't have good relationships as accessories to each other. But that doesn't seem like what your looking for.

And accessories get traded out. But a man's pride and joy is never going anywhere.

I'd suggest looking for someone who wants to be part of your life. To share it with you. Not just "place" you in his for decoration or whatever. Think about a strong but humble working man instead of a white collar gym body.

I got an idea, you could whip any man into shape with a little persuasion. Especially if he really wants to please you. Confidence and independence would be the qualities I'd look for first. Self adoration and arrogance should be a red flag. He's got to want to put you first. Otherwise you're not going to get the type of supportive relationship you mentioned in the sense that you'd like to be the one pursued and lavished. Without having to manipulate it into being.

Just my opinion. But I think you're pursuing the wrong type of guy for what it seems you want out of a man. And you're likely looking in the wrong places as well.

I think if you tweak those things a little. You'll find a guy you've got to beat back with a stick because he'll be all over you all the time.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 05-17-2021 at 01:11 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Every dating site I used I got cat fished
    BG and JaneDoe like this.

Blog Entries
    Old post from SV.Elia

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Had a dating app for a month and went on a couple of dates that turned out to be wastes of time. What kind of girls don't fuck on the second date? If the girl is a 5 in real life, she's a 8 on a dating app. You know how many matches/swipes/whatever the fuck girls get on apps? They get hundreds. So I went and got my new girl in real life. I realized that the difference beween most men and women is that most men will still fuck you even they think you're a lunatic, but if a girl doesn't like 1 thing about you (or her perception of it), you ain't getting any. And so, I'd rather go for girls in life that are already interested in me than have to build up whatever is in her dumb ass mind.
    With all the app filters as well as spray on makeup, clear tape to get rid of turkey neck and stuff like that a 3 can easily become an 8+ now days.

Back in the day when I first tried a dating app/online about 50% of the people didnt even have pictures because digital cameras were $$$$ and POOR quality. One date I had the girls profile said 5' 5" Height, weight proportionate. She was active duty army, into horse back riding, scuba diving and a few other outdoor activities. When I saw her the first thing that crossed my mind was, Poor horse. I think she got confused with proportionate and symmetrical. She was 5' 5" x 5' 5". That was the day I made the rule of no picture no messages.

I have to say Im blessed now. IMO My wife looks hotter with no makeup and when she wakes up in the morning with her hair all disheveled. Im glad to not have to be in the dating scene anymore.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Old post from SV.Elia
    Miss her a tad

This place is a ghost town now

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Miss her a tad

Her and that avi tho
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, you know something about SampsonandDelilah, he's a good guy.

Blog Entries
    Miss her a tad

Maybe she'll log back in someday

Speaking of which, you know something about SampsonandDelilah, he's a good guy.
    Sent him a PM, never heard back. Hope he's ok. Good guy.
    SampsonandDelilah and JaneDoe like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    S&D hasnt been online since mid March, havent seen Gallowmere around awhile either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    S&D hasnt been online since mid March, havent seen Gallowmere around awhile either.
    I get it sometimes we all take a break from this place, I have for years. The concerning thing for S&D was if his cancer returned more aggressive.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I get it sometimes we all take a break from this place, I have for years. The concerning thing for S&D was if his cancer returned more aggressive.
    I think he would have let us know. Hopefully thats not the case tho
    < <Samson> > and warchild like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I think he would have let us know. Hopefully thats not the case tho
    Yeah I think one of the first things he'd have done is tell us. Probably something like this order:
    Tell wife
    Tell forum
    Tell friends
    Tell kids
    Tell colleagues
    warchild likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Yeah I think one of the first things he'd have done is tell us. Probably something like this order:
    Tell wife
    Tell forum
    Tell friends
    Tell kids
    Tell colleagues
    Lmao priorities!

Blog Entries
    Hope not, hope that big fucker is doing better than I am

Shit, and I’m doing quite fucking well atm - well, personal BS aside - health is solid
    Hughinn likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Hope not, hope that big fucker is doing better than I am

Shit, and I’m doing quite fucking well atm - well, personal BS aside - health is solid
    Does anybody know him from outside the forum? If somebody does, shoot him a text to see how he's doing.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    We need a buddy system on here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Does anybody know him from outside the forum? If somebody does, shoot him a text to see how he's doing.

I don’t - I won’t link up with anyone off this board or anywhere else online after getting burned

But, yeah - vanished, like most members do off here. . . Truly hope that he’s living his best life
    SampsonandDelilah and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I don’t - I won’t link up with anyone off this board or anywhere else online after getting burned

But, yeah - vanished, like most members do off here. . . Truly hope that he’s living his best life
    He’ll be back...

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I was just thinking its been a little while since you have been around.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I was just thinking its been a little while since you have been around.
    Married with kids and work but I always managed to keep training! How you been??
    Last edited by warchild; 05-19-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I only know his first name and the state he lives in..no phone number tho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information