Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By balance
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 2 Post By BG

Thread: How much protein can the body use in a single meal for muscle-building?

ryanfisher is offline Junior Member

How much protein can the body use in a single meal for muscle-building?

There is controversy about the maximum amount of protein that can be used for the purpose of building lean tissues in a single meal for those involved in regulated resistance training. It has been proposed that muscle protein synthesis be maximized in young adults with an intake of ~ 20–25 g of high quality protein; Anything above that amount is believed to be oxidized by energy or transaminated to form urea and other organic acids.

What do you think about it?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the answer = all the protein

its that simple. don't matter if its 10g or 100g of protein in a single serving . simply eat ALL OF IT.

this whole 20g of protein per meal max is utter bullshit, especially for guys like us .. you know how easy a 100 pound soccer mom can slam down 100 grams of protein in a single meal simply by eating a 12oz steak and potato meal at out outback steakhouse for dinner . lol.

ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    A guy told me not to exceed 30 grams of protein per meal. He said to me that above 30 grams, the body does not absorb.
    it is oxidized for energy or to form urea and other organic acids.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

How much protein can the body use in a single meal for muscle-building?

Used to believe in the x-amount per hour digestion rates..trail and error and experimentation with my diet, has laid that to rest for me..I ate a few huge meals per day for awhile..tested the theory, with my full protein intake..seemed to get leaner, and didn't lose a ounce of muscle..a professional bodybuilder might have issues keeping or gaining size with same schedule?
    It's surplus of calories ..The quality of your nutrition and protein consumption that dictate
    dietary muscular gains imo

“The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing” Socrates
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-26-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Punctuation like eighth grader
    GearHeaded likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I try to stick to 50 or so per sitting & eat 3-5x per day
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I try to stick to 50 or so per sitting & eat 3-5x per day

According to the theory of some idiots, your body would not absorb these 50g of protein per meal.

Lmao
    GearHeaded likes this.

Blog Entries
    I use to try sticking to the 25 per sitting - but, I just can’t currently afford the time to eat 8x per day

balance is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Used to believe in the x-amount per hour digestion rates..trail and error and experimentation with my diet, has laid that to rest for me..I ate a few huge meals per day for awhile..tested the theory, with my full protein intake..seemed to get leaner, and didn't lose a ounce of muscle..a professional bodybuilder might have issues keeping or gaining size with same schedule?
    It's surplus of calories ..The quality of your nutrition and protein consumption that dictate
    dietary muscular gains imo

“The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing” Socrates
    I too have experimented with something similar myself. I have found that provided I am getting sufficient total calories and 200 grams of an animal based protein I can maintain weight and muscle no problem. What I have also found is that if I manage to do this in two meals daily (vs 5-6 bro meals daily) my physique actually looks better (appears leaner). Here’s the catch for me this works for maintaining or cutting but most definitely not for gaining new muscle.

Also worth mentioning I place the two large meals no more than 6 hours apart (4 hours appears to work even better). I have a feeling this is due to the 18-20 hour fast and the insulin response (or lack thereof) and other benefits of fasting.

Either way I’m of the belief if your training adequately and on gear the protein is being put to good use. It’s really more about the type of protein and what your eating with it. Example whey protein (very fast absorption) is great post lifting but before bed you want a more slow ester type protein like steak or milk. Also in the the consistent absence of carbs protein will be used (or stored) as energy through glucneoyouknow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KINGKONG and GearHeaded like this.

through millions of years (or thousands of years for you creationists) of evolution .. you really think we are not evolved enough to absorb more then 30g of protein in a single meal. thats only like 4oz of meat (which for most of us guys is only like 3 bites).
    meanwhile , a lion only eats 2 times per week and when it does eat it eats 100 pounds worth of meat in one sitting.. and he is jacked and huge. a shark eats once every few weeks and absorbs all the protein no problem in one sitting and ends up weighing 2000 pounds.

come on guys.. this is so common sense biology. of course you can consume more then 30g of protein per meal and assimilate it

I wouldn't doubt that this idea of you can only absorb 30g of protein per meal was fabricated by vegan propoganda or some similar "save the planet" bullshit
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 01-26-2020 at 05:46 PM.

edit - double post

Halfthor Bjornson weighs 440 pounds and is the strongest man on the planet .. yet he was half that weight years back. he's been eating 80+g of protein per meal and tons of steak for the last 8 years.. you really think he is not 'absorbing' it and would be better off eating only 30g per meal . lol , no . he got where he is by eating as much protein per meal as he could tolerate

Blog Entries
    It's just how I like basing my intake all together

If I eat small ass meals all day, I feel way better - I have tried em all. . . . But, from this I get a more constant full feeling & I don't feel like i'm starving - as far as true uptake, it's marginal if anything prob - The 1st guy who introduced me to the warrior diet hovered aroung 8%bf all year long

My opinion is, do what your digestive system likes best
    GearHeaded and KINGKONG like this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfisher View Post
    There is controversy about the maximum amount of protein that can be used for the purpose of building lean tissues in a single meal for those involved in regulated resistance training. It has been proposed that muscle protein synthesis be maximized in young adults with an intake of ~ 20–25 g of high quality protein; Anything above that amount is believed to be oxidized by energy or transaminated to form urea and other organic acids.

What do you think about it?
    I think the 30 gs pro every other hour is overrated. Because the ARs get fried. If u go more IM fasting like eating 3 big meals, it will refresh the ARs.
    Like. Go without food 24 hours, and the protein u eat next day will work as drugs and in 2 days you have eliminated the loss and more from your fasting day.
    I red a mag in the 80s. One BB Champ ate just one big meal at nigthtime.
    So, i think the total is the most important thing, not when u eat it. Because the ARs effiency change based on how often u eat.

Against logic cause the body cant store amino acids and body can cope with 30gs each meal. Theori says. But there got to be a missing link here. Because how come this BB 80s dude got away with one meal??

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    KINGKONG likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Your body will only assimilate how much protein it needs at that given time when you eat, the rest you piss out.
    < <Samson> > and Cuz like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Eating 6x a day between 30-50 g has worked for me and thats what i will continue to do. Not saying i may engorge myself on a big steak dinner from time to time which may go over 120 g protein in one sitting, but i always know when i have too much. My digestive tract goes nuts so i try and save those huge meals for special occasions. I dont think there is one single answer to this, just a generalization in which frankly im not too concerned with

Thread Information