Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Ozark on Netflix

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    The only shithole worse than that place is where I grew up.
    Explains alot. Hahaha

Good show. Excellent ending this season
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    If y’all are looking for something to binge watch on Netflix check out “Happy”. It’s the funniest shit I’ve seen in a long time

Proximal is offline Banned
    Yikes, last 2 episodes of season 2 of Ozark, holy-crap! BTW, keeping one’s composure when Frank Cosgrove comes behind your desk, would be tough. The guy gives off seriously dangerous vibes, well acted. Oh yeah, if a young Darlene approached me like that in a diner & made that offer, that’s a tough one to say no to, seriously.

Taking a small break, will start season 3 later this week or start season 5 of BCS. Love tough decisions like this! Tonight starting “The Last Dance” Chicago Bulls documentary.
    Chark likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The new season of BCS is UNREAL! So flipping good. Getting better with each episode too! It’s my new favorite, each episode ends with me wanting more!!
    Chark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    The new season of BCS is UNREAL! So flipping good. Getting better with each episode too! It’s my new favorite, each episode ends with me wanting more!!
    I can’t get the entire 5th season on Netflix, wtf?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I can’t get the entire 5th season on Netflix, wtf?!?
    Wonder if it’s because it’s still in season on AMC? Do you get that channel?

Wonder if it’s because it’s still in season on AMC? Do you get that channel?
    Yeah, for sure. But, if we try to find it in “on demand”, it’s missing the first 5 episodes.

What?! Oh man, who’s your provider?

Here’s another opinion.

Go to flixtor.tor and you can find the episodes there. It’s a streaming site and won’t give you any malware. Can watch from your computer or can do like I do and run and HDMI cable to a “dongle” and then run that to your iPhone or iPad and “screen jump” onto your TV. Flixtor is pretty sweet. We watch the latest movies on it all the time. Just look under the “TV shows” section or use the search bar.

PM me if you have any questions Prox
    Proximal and XnavyHMCS like this.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    I'm joining!

Breaking Bad was a masterpiece and Ozark seems like a good successor. I started this week and found it gripping. The plot for Ozark is more intricately written than BB’s. There are more storylines, making it easier to find a character to empathize with.

I'm rooting for Ruth and really, really loving Wendy!
    Last edited by sv.elia; 04-23-2020 at 10:01 AM.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    I'm joining!

Breaking Bad was a masterpiece and Ozark seems like a good successor. I started this week and found it gripping. The plot for Ozark is more intricately written than BB’s. There are more storylines, making it easier to find a character to empathize with.

I'm rooting for Ruth and really, really loving Wendy!
    Alright!

I’m actually thinking BCS is better than Breaking Bad myself.

Ozark has incredible woman characters and for the most part find them more interesting than the males. Just wait, there are two more bad-ass women on their way!

Welcome to the fun!
    sv.elia likes this.

Into season 3 - sweet!
    sv.elia likes this.

Just wait, there are two more bad-ass women on their way!
    True dat! I'm in love with the lawyer.

Her costume designer is brilliant too.

I'm into season 3 myself, it's unbelievable how smart it is written. Lots of take-no-bullshit characters & subtle psychological points. They make a thing of having a principled stand even though that's not the convenient course, I like that.

I cut through it really fast and usually I have a hard time staying down and finishing the movies/series I start. Going to join the long wait for season 4 soon!
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Her costume designer is brilliant too.

I'm into season 3 myself, it's unbelievable how smart it is written. Lots of take-no-bullshit characters & subtle psychological points. They make a thing of having a principled stand even though that's not the convenient course, I like that.

I cut through it really fast and usually I have a hard time staying down and finishing the movies/series I start. Going to join the long wait for season 4 soon!
    There’s now a whole group of us waiting on season 4! That’s the problem with these shows...they get their hooks in you and then make you wait!

It really is such a good show, so worth the wait I suppose
    Proximal and sv.elia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Ozark has definitely introduced a lot of strong female characters. Unlike shows like 'The Sopranos' where the strong male characters generally have significant flaws, these characters tend towards being a little better grounded.

However, like 'The Sopranos', MAYBE don't get too attached to any one particular character. Ozark season 1 established the idea that people could go at a moments notice...

Agreed!

Like Deadwood or Walking Dead. Don’t get too attached to anyone. I like that idea though, keeps you on your toes...
    Cylon357 and Proximal like this.

BG
    Does BCS get better? Almost through first season and Im not so hooked?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG

Heheheheheehe
    sv.elia likes this.

Agreed!

Like Deadwood or Walking Dead. Don’t get too attached to anyone. I like that idea though, keeps you on your toes...
    Got bored with Walking Dead, but Deadwood still is my favorite show of all-time! Al was the greatest character ever written, imo! Dan used to work at my gym by school. Nice guy, haven’t seen him in a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Does BCS get better? Almost through first season and Im not so hooked?
    It does BG, I promise. I honestly didn’t get 100% hooked until this season and now it’s one of my favorites! I thought the first 3 seasons were a little sleepy, but stuck with it. If you can get to the latest season unscathed, you can thank me later

The one thing working for you is the sheer utter lack of shit to watch, lol
    BG likes this.

Got bored with Walking Dead, but Deadwood still is my favorite show of all-time! Al was the greatest character ever written, imo! Dan used to work at my gym by school. Nice guy, haven’t seen him in a bit though.
    I’m finally bored with Walking Dead too, but I stop watch. Mostly in hopes of seeing Rick Grimes do his thing.

Oh man Prox, we would definitely get along. Deadwood is my all time favorite too and Al Schwarenger is the best! “Cock sucker”.

Tell me you watched the movie?

I kind of remember thinking that too at the time the first season aired. I haven't watched it since but yeah, it definitely seems to get better. IIRC, Jimmy was kind of a dorky sheister in the first season. With no spoilers, his transformation into Saul is definitely where the show starts to pick up steam.

And Kim. Kim kills it. I'm hoping for a 'Better Call Kim' spinoff. Literally, a spin off from a spin off.

Couldn’t agree more! Kim Wexler is her true hero of that show. I like Jimmy (lovable loser) but my loyalties lie with Kim and Mike.

Mike is reason enough to watch that show
    Cylon357 likes this.

I’m finally bored with Walking Dead too, but I stop watch. Mostly in hopes of seeing Rick Grimes do his thing.

Oh man Prox, we would definitely get along. Deadwood is my all time favorite too and Al Schwarenger is the best! “Cock sucker”.

Tell me you watched the movie?
    Damn f’n right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ozark on Netflix-9d47fb7f-2586-4407-bcdb-64eb12189261.jpeg  

BG
    It does BG, I promise. I honestly didn’t get 100% hooked until this season and now it’s one of my favorites! I thought the first 3 seasons were a little sleepy, but stuck with it. If you can get to the latest season unscathed, you can thank me later

The one thing working for you is the sheer utter lack of shit to watch, lol
    I kind of remember thinking that too at the time the first season aired. I haven't watched it since but yeah, it definitely seems to get better. IIRC, Jimmy was kind of a dorky sheister in the first season. With no spoilers, his transformation into Saul is definitely where the show starts to pick up steam.

And Kim. Kim kills it. I'm hoping for a 'Better Call Kim' spinoff. Literally, a spin off from a spin off.
    Thanks guys Ill try to stick it out, I lost the misses on episode 3, going to be hard without her feeling it.........

Thanks guys Ill try to stick it out, I lost the misses on episode 3, going to be hard without her feeling it.........
    Ugh, always a tough fight with the significant other is on board. Probably not worth watching the Bachelor as condolence, lol

I get it though, I was ready give up early on BCS too especially because I was comparing it to Breaking Bad. That’s a hell of a shadow to grow up in...

It’s slow, especially in the beginning. I know a lot of others who have abandoned ship as well
    BG likes this.

Ugh, always a tough fight with the significant other is on board. Probably not worth watching the Bachelor as condolence, lol

I get it though, I was ready give up early on BCS too especially because I was comparing it to Breaking Bad. That’s a hell of a shadow to grow up in...

It’s slow, especially in the beginning. I know a lot of others who have abandoned ship as well
    I was getting very tired of the brother conflict, it was ok, but I kept waiting for Mike. Then as the drugs start to enter it, it really picks up, because very quickly it starts moving towards BB.

I was lucky, it was the wife that insisted on both shows.
    BG and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Speaking of brothers, just why the hell did Wendy’s brother suddenly become such a major part of the story? Sorry, we thought he was filler so that they could stretch the series another season. Still will watch it for sure, but now I see why Beetle had a gripe with season 3.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    I’d hate me too if I knew where /what I moved from. It’s beautiful country, but off limits for folks like my wife and I, I’m afraid.
    Prox,

I can decipher that... Same area I grew up in in S. Chicago...

Best thing my parents ever did was move way further out when I was 12 yo.
    Proximal likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Personally I spent more time on norfork.
    Attachment 178568

Thats the real ozarks.

Lake of the ozarks became a white trash disneyland.
    I nearly shit myself here...

LMFAO...!!!

As far as the quality of the writing is concerned; we are in good company, gents.

@sv.elia, how far are you into Season 3? No spoilers, but Helen definitely has some moments this season!
    I was about halfway when I wrote, now I finished it. What an ending!

Usually writers get attached to their most complex characters and end up shrouding them in plot armour. Not the case here. They made a point that everyone is expendable. Pretty much like Game of Thrones.

Looking forward for more, they really left us with some cliffhangers.
    Last edited by sv.elia; 04-28-2020 at 11:08 AM.

I was about halfway when I wrote, now I finished it. What an ending!

Usually writers get attached to their most complex characters and end up shrouding them in plot armour. Not the case here. They made a point that everyone is expendable. Pretty much like Game of Thrones.

Looking forward for more, they really left us with some cliffhangers.
    I don’t recall characters dying on GOT, lol!!!
    sv.elia and Cylon357 like this.

I don’t recall characters dying on GOT, lol!!!
    Maybe more died in the books and that's what I'm recalling? Lol, they really made me think the Starks were the deal and half of them didn't make it past the middle of the story.

Shit...I edited because I basically gave up the ending and it dawned on me there might be people that haven’t finished (or started and I didn’t want to be the guy giving up spoilers!). Lol
    You had mentioned some new favorite characters and we were PM’ing back and forth waiting for you to finish, lol

All I can say is....Wow, right?!
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 04-28-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    sv.elia and Cylon357 like this.

Maybe more died in the books and that's what I'm recalling? Lol, they really made me think the Starks were the deal and half of them didn't make it past the middle of the story.
    I’m sorry, I was trying to be funny. OMG, GOT killed everyone practically. You’re so right about the Starks!
    sv.elia and SampsonandDelilah like this.

You had mentioned some new favorite characters and we were PM’ing back and forth waiting for you to finish, lol

All I can say is....Wow, right?!
    Absolutely jaw-dropping! I was attempting to look chill but in truth I rewatched it a second time not really believing what I just saw, lol.

I’m sorry, I was trying to be funny. OMG, GOT killed everyone practically. You’re so right about the Starks!
    Gosh, I feel slow. It is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Prox,

I can decipher that... Same area I grew up in in S. Chicago...

Best thing my parents ever did was move way further out when I was 12 yo.
    Grew up in Chicago myself, always thought we were S. siders cause we were Sox fans. Didn’t move to Cali till I was 25.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can't be a fan of Breaking bad and not absolutely eat up season 5 of BCS for all the meat it puts on the bones of the peripheral characters in BB.

I loved Winter's Bone. John Hawkes has been one of my favorite actors since HBO's Deadwood series. Never yet seen him in anything other than a solid dramatic work, no "cashing in" for him ... yet.

Great call on John Hawkes (Uncle Tear Drop). I agreed with your let down of season 3 for Ozark. Can’t wait to start BCS season #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    You can't be a fan of Breaking bad and not absolutely eat up season 5 of BCS for all the meat it puts on the bones of the peripheral characters in BB.

I loved Winter's Bone. John Hawkes has been one of my favorite actors since HBO's Deadwood series. Never yet seen him in anything other than a solid dramatic work, no "cashing in" for him ... yet.

Season 5 was next level for me, made all of the slow build up absolutely worth it. The pace of this season is incredible and it’s now my favorite show for sure...can’t get enough!

BG
    Do they have recaps off the first 4 seasons of BCS? Maybe I’ll just watch them and go right to season 5 after. I honestly don’t have that type of patience to get through 4 slow seasons.

I honestly don’t remember, I would think so.

You could definitely do that and if you’ve seen Breaking Bad, it’ll help you catch up also.

They’re not ALL slow, there’s certainly more than 1 though lol

Do they have recaps off the first 4 seasons of BCS? Maybe I’ll just watch them and go right to season 5 after. I honestly don’t have that type of patience to get through 4 slow seasons.

I had only read the first book (still the only one I have read) so I didn't know the material after season 1 very well. I liked the character of Oberyn, so I was of course rooting for the Red Viper in 'Viper v Mountain'. And you know, if you just stop watching at the right time, it has a good ending!
    Oberyn was one of my faves as well. The book series remains unfinished. I read the first ones in early teenhood and imagined that the last books will hit the shelves by the time I'm in college, but here I am past that and they're nowhere to be seen. Perhaps that's why the plot is weaker in the last seasons, they lacked a solid script to work with.

Lol, I never imagined I'd see the ending via the show.

Either way, I'm quite attached to the series because they're my first read in another language other than my native one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information