• 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: How are you and your kids doing with on-line learning?

Proximal is offline Banned

How are you and your kids doing with on-line learning?

Curious as to your experiences as parents. Too much work, too little? Are the instructors using zoom or other live teaching techniques? Are your kids tolerating it ok? How much burden is placed on you, etc?

I really took it easy on my students and had a decent experience, but it was also the end of school and they knew me & my approach.

I have a sneaking suspicion our schools out here aren’t opening up in August. Starting school like this is a going to be a totally different ball-game.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I homeschooled my kids for most their life. my oldest Son who is now in nursing school was homeschooled all the way through (never stepped foot into a public school a day in his life).. my other 3 kids have recent exposure to charter school just the last year or so, but before that were always home schooled (me and wife both work at the gym so we stopped homeschooling).

so for us , this was a super easy transition going back to homeschooling. we get lessons emailed from their teachers to finish off the current curriculum they were on when school closed down.
    they usually breeze though all that school work in just a couple hours . I'll likely be giving them some additional book work assignments.. likely things that are relevant to today , probably some things on American History and democracy.. also things on biology , cells, and how viruses or sicknesses effect the body.. then with math or science and technology I'll probably have them research 5 g technology, calculate different radio frequencies, Mhz vs Ghz etc. etc.. then spiritual , probably have them read a historical classic like "Pilgrims Progress"
    Proximal likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Neither here.
    We live in a rural agricultural area of Virginia with extremely limited infrastructure. As such, they’re handling everything through packet mailings. Honestly, it’s an utter failure, as they’re only requiring a small percentage of the stuff sent out to even be returned.
    For all they know, the kids are quite literally doing about 20 minutes of stuff per week and just fucking off for the rest of the time.
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I homeschooled my kids for most their life. my oldest Son who is now in nursing school was homeschooled all the way through (never stepped foot into a public school a day in his life).. my other 3 kids have recent exposure to charter school just the last year or so, but before that were always home schooled (me and wife both work at the gym so we stopped homeschooling).

so for us , this was a super easy transition going back to homeschooling. we get lessons emailed from their teachers to finish off the current curriculum they were on when school closed down.
    they usually breeze though all that school work in just a couple hours . I'll likely be giving them some additional book work assignments.. likely things that are relevant to today , probably some things on American History and democracy.. also things on biology , cells, and how viruses or sicknesses effect the body.. then with math or science and technology I'll probably have them research 5 g technology, calculate different radio frequencies, Mhz vs Ghz etc. etc.. then spiritual , probably have them read a historical classic like "Pilgrims Progress"
    TY. You know it’s funny sometimes in that I get my reading choices from my kids. Books they’ve been assigned, recommended or flat out these kids are super engaged and take upon themselves to read. Generally my choices are non-fiction. One of my favorites I got from a student was called “Undaunted Courage” it was about the Lewis and Clark expedition. Hey man, sorry bout the Covid posts. The fact that my wife is out there gets to me and I worry. Toss some wine in there and well . . . .

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Not enough - my wife is in charge of this, but I overlook what my son does also

He needs more & it needs to be more structured

Prob is that it puts a lot of new effort upon the parent - not all kids(or even close) are as lucky as my son
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Neither here.
    We live in a rural agricultural area of Virginia with extremely limited infrastructure. As such, they’re handling everything through packet mailings. Honestly, it’s an utter failure, as they’re only requiring a small percentage of the stuff sent out to even be returned.
    For all they know, the kids are quite literally doing about 20 minutes of stuff per week and just fucking off for the rest of the time.
    It’s jaw dropping out here and I have mixed feelings. Seriously, the schools have to supply the kids with computers? I mean I get it and all, I’m not insensitive to the families needs, but f - me.

Damn, hard-copies, holy crap that’s got to be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Not enough - my wife is in charge of this, but I overlook what my son does also

He needs more & it needs to be more structured

Prob is that it puts a lot of new effort upon the parent - not all kids(or even close) are as lucky as my son
    It’s got to be hard for you parents. We were instructed to teach 50% of what we normally would, but even with that it’s really been hit or miss with the kids. Where are you at? Any discussion yet about next school year?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    It’s jaw dropping out here and I have mixed feelings. Seriously, the schools have to supply the kids with computers? I mean I get it and all, I’m not insensitive to the families needs, but f - me.

Damn, hard-copies, holy crap that’s got to be a nightmare.
    Our problem isn’t computers, but the absolute lack of viable internet connections in the entire county. The internet of 20 years ago no longer exists, so you’d accomplish fuck all with the speeds available here. Even cell data coverage is trash, so hotspotting is out as well.

Our problem isn’t computers, but the absolute lack of viable internet connections in the entire county. The internet of 20 years ago no longer exists, so you’d accomplish fuck all with the speeds available here. Even cell data coverage is trash, so hotspotting is out as well.
    that may not be a bad thing , especially in regards to your families health . you may have super fast internet but the last thing you want next to your house is a 5 g tower

that may not be a bad thing , especially in regards to your families health . you may have super fast internet but the last thing you want next to your house is a 5 g tower
    It’ll be years before this county sees a 5G tower. A good chunk of it still lacks even 3G coverage.
    Oddly enough though, our specific electrical co-op has taken it upon themselves to slowly start installing fiber. Our area is one of the first getting it though, and it’ll probably be another decade before everyone is hardwired.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Same here. You can usually send and receive text messages, voice commo isn't not reliable, Internet is sporadic, and forget streaming video in my area.

There's usually about a 2-3 hour window twice per day .that we have LTE coverage. Even satellite reception is crap.
    Gallowmere likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

It’ll be years before this county sees a 5G tower. A good chunk of it still lacks even 3G coverage.
    Oddly enough though, our specific electrical co-op has taken it upon themselves to slowly start installing fiber. Our area is one of the first getting it though, and it’ll probably be another decade before everyone is hardwired.
    heres an interesting "conspiracy theory" documentary .. however apart from the "theories" it does contain facts in that FCC forced 5g through congress without providing studies on health impacts of 5g .. personally, if I get 5g tower in my area, I'm moving. wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, idk

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    It’s got to be hard for you parents. We were instructed to teach 50% of what we normally would, but even with that it’s really been hit or miss with the kids. Where are you at? Any discussion yet about next school year?

We're in AZ

We just talked to the school nurse - she's one of em. . . . We all agree - we have no clue wtf is going on

My wife says she won't send my son to school when the new school year starts

So, yeah -

Here - where I am, my son had 3 other kids who have been able to join his online class. . . . We're in the lower end of the middle class - But, that's us. . . . People around us are doing a bit worse - I'd classify my son's school is upper lower class

People around us don't have the means or the know how in helping their kids - school is really important around these parts. . . Without it, these kids would not get educated

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same here. You can usually send and receive text messages, voice commo isn't not reliable, Internet is sporadic, and forget streaming video in my area.

There's usually about a 2-3 hour window twice per day .that we have LTE coverage. Even satellite reception is crap.
    Are you sure that you don’t live next door to me?
    almostgone likes this.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    We're in AZ

We just talked to the school nurse - she's one of em. . . . We all agree - we have no clue wtf is going on

My wife says she won't send my son to school when the new school year starts

So, yeah -

Here - where I am, my son had 3 other kids who have been able to join his online class. . . . We're in the lower end of the middle class - But, that's us. . . . People around us are doing a bit worse - I'd classify my son's school is upper lower class

People around us don't have the means or the know how in helping their kids - school is really important around these parts. . . Without it, these kids would not get educated
    We have a hugely diverse population at our school. We have quite a few homeless kids, a huge percentage that qualify for free meals and then 50 % of our kids speak English as a second language. Many of our kids do not speak any English at all. It’s been a challenge doing this out of school.

I kind of disagree with teachers that expect the parents to do more than just make sure the students are doing the work. It’s not fair and places to much burden on you all.

What will make things rough in August is even if they open the school up, there likely will be a huge percentage of kids that their parents will not allow to come (understandably so).

Are you sure that you don’t live next door to me?
    If you're surrounded by pine trees, livestock ranchers, lots of wildlife, and the occasional meth freak, it is entirely possible!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Man, shitty slow internet, poor cell coverage? It’s 2020. What the hell kind of places are you guys living in?

My girl is working from home with a city issued laptop on video meetings with her coworkers, while her daughter next to her is on her school issued laptop watching streaming instructional videos from the teacher, then uploading the test answers. All the while I am in the living room watching showtime on tv. And I never have less than four bars on my cellphone if I need that for anything.

Just shit I always take for granted I guess. How does that stuff not work reliably by you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Man, shitty slow internet, poor cell coverage? It’s 2020. What the hell kind of places are you guys living in?

My girl is working from home with a city issued laptop on video meetings with her coworkers, while her daughter next to her is on her school issued laptop watching streaming instructional videos from the teacher, then uploading the test answers. All the while I am in the living room watching showtime on tv. And I never have less than four bars on my cellphone if I need that for anything.

Just shit I always take for granted I guess. How does that stuff not work reliably by you?
    its called being surrounded by nature , and not cancer causing high frequency radio towers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	178789
    my back yard, I'm in the woods as well . cell service sucks. if they build a 5 g tower anywhere near me I'm out of here

If you're surrounded by pine trees, livestock ranchers, lots of wildlife, and the occasional meth freak, it is entirely possible!
    Sounds damn near right, but it’s all pig farmers, a lot of wildlife and a fair amount of the Amish. No tweekers as of yet.

The Amish population is what got me thinking about how nonsense a lot of this is. They’re not distancing shit, they’re out in public all of the time, no masks, and zero problems with the pandemic.
    Why?
    They’re also not a bunch of metabolically deranged fucksticks. Have you ever seen those fuckers without a shirt on? They’re not big, but pretty goddamned lean and well muscled for guys that aren’t even trying to be. Funny how that whole “hard work” thing works.
    almostgone and GearHeaded like this.

Sounds damn near right, but it’s all pig farmers, a lot of wildlife and a fair amount of the Amish. No tweekers as of yet.

The Amish population is what got me thinking about how nonsense a lot of this is. They’re not distancing shit, they’re out in public all of the time, no masks, and zero problems with the pandemic.
    Why?
    They’re also not a bunch of metabolically deranged fucksticks. Have you ever seen those fuckers without a shirt on? They’re not big, but pretty goddamned lean and well muscled for guys that aren’t even trying to be. Funny how that whole “hard work” thing works.
    pandemics aren't likely going to hit the Amish community .. the NUMBER 1 cause of sickness and disease is not Viruses (heck viruses help us evolve) , its toxicity. if you have lots of toxicity in the body then getting sick from infections and viruses can happen.. but being free from toxicity then it has very little effect. the Amish do a good job being toxicity free.
    here are some things that cause toxicity .

- self induced, alcohol, tobacco etc..
    - environmental, heavy metals , organic pollutants etc
    - energy- microwave, high frequency , emf etc.
    - opportunistic toxins, bacteria, yeast, infection, parasite
    - emotional toxins, stress, worry, fear
    - food toxicity , processed food , sugars, food allergies
    - lack of nutrition and anti oxidants
    - spiritual void, the toxin of having no purpose in life (for many this is lack of work)

a combination of these things is what pretty much cause all disease and sicknesses in the world..

the Amish do a pretty good job at keeping most these toxins at bay
    almostgone likes this.

pandemics aren't likely going to hit the Amish community .. the NUMBER 1 cause of sickness and disease is not Viruses (heck viruses help us evolve) , its toxicity. if you have lots of toxicity in the body then getting sick from infections and viruses can happen.. but being free from toxicity then it has very little effect. the Amish do a good job being toxicity free.
    here are some things that cause toxicity .

- self induced, alcohol, tobacco etc..
    - environmental, heavy metals , organic pollutants etc
    - energy- microwave, high frequency , emf etc.
    - opportunistic toxins, bacteria, yeast, infection, parasite
    - emotional toxins, stress, worry, fear
    - food toxicity , processed food , sugars, food allergies
    - lack of nutrition and anti oxidants
    - spiritual void, the toxin of having no purpose in life (for many this is lack of work)

a combination of these things is what pretty much cause all disease and sicknesses in the world..

the Amish do a pretty good job at keeping most these toxins at bay
    I just find it quite interesting, as they don’t have a special “other planet” that they live on, so quite literally all of the environmental stuff that gurus like to claim is the cause of every modern ailment doesn’t seem to affect them. I’m pretty sure though that the other things you mentioned play big roles though.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    My gf is a special ed teacher for middle school aged kids in a city school. Some of the parents are harder to deal with than the kids. She said its a lot more work having to create the content for the students online, and also keeping track of who is doing what. Some kids didn't log on to complete their coursework for a month. They eventually have to call CYS if the students don't log in, but they try to reach the parents as much as they can first.

I know if I was a kid during the pandemic, I would love it. No school, do the work from home, get to play video games... that's a good time.
    Proximal likes this.

Seriously, God bless the special ed teacher. I don’t know either of you, but please give her my praise!

Some of the “special needs” kids that I have in my class, started off with far more difficulties, have worked their asses off through the years, overcame a lot of limitations and are kicking butt. I love them, their work ethic is something to behold.

Regarding parents, in the 20 years I’ve done this, 95% of them are the least favorite part of my job.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Why?
    Yes sir, the Mennonites have been hustling as well. There's a town about 18 miles from me that has a large Mennonite population. Don't think I've seen any of them slow down one bit from the virus.

There's something to be said for rural life!

Yes sir, the Mennonites have been hustling as well. There's a town about 18 miles from me that has a large Mennonite population. Don't think I've seen any of them slow down one bit from the virus.

for sure!

heres my advice to all you big city folk ..

some of the lock down regulations are going to be loosening up a bit soon (hopefully) , BUT they warn of a 'second wave' coming in early fall . this second wave is essentially "phase 2" of the globalist agenda (and of course they will use "corona" as an excuse to roll out this agenda, and do forced vaccinations, and contact tracing, coming to your homes door to door etc.).. if this happens again there will likely be mass riots and uprisings at this point.

so , between the time that lock downs are lifted a bit, and the "second wave" hits .. thats your window of time to get the heck out of the big cities.
    just something to think about if you have the ability.

there is no way in hell I'd want to be stuck inside a big metro city like NY, Chicago, LA, etc.. when the second wave hits.
    almostgone likes this.

for sure!

heres my advice to all you big city folk ..

some of the lock down regulations are going to be loosening up a bit soon (hopefully) , BUT they warn of a 'second wave' coming in early fall . this second wave is essentially "phase 2" of the globalist agenda (and of course they will use "corona" as an excuse to roll out this agenda, and do forced vaccinations, and contact tracing, coming to your homes door to door etc.).. if this happens again there will likely be mass riots and uprisings at this point.

so , between the time that lock downs are lifted a bit, and the "second wave" hits .. thats your window of time to get the heck out of the big cities.
    just something to think about if you have the ability.

there is no way in hell I'd want to be stuck inside a big metro city like NY, Chicago, LA, etc.. when the second wave hits.
    Why the concern? These two “big city folk” (my wife and I) are good. We’ve very likely had it, currently have it and/or can very possibly catch it again - we’ll just keep trying to not give it to others & my wife and friends will keep putting their asses on the line for these jack asses that don’t give a fuck about giving it to others. Hey commit involuntary man-slaughter & they’ll give you a soothing massage for your efforts, LMAO.
    almostgone likes this.

Why?
    Because without radios or TV's, they never heard of the covid. they wouldnt be wearing masks

Why the concern? These two “big city folk” (my wife and I) are good. We’ve very likely had it, currently have it and/or can very possibly catch it again
    I have zero concern over the virus . not talking about leaving the city cause of the virus at all. virus is just part of life, no biggy at all ... its whats happening behind the scenes thats the concern.

me personally, I'd have to be stuck in the middle of a huge city when the police state gets enacted and 100s of thousands of people take to the streets and start rioting and looting and protesting this corrupt police state government. forced vaccinations, forcing people out of their homes, mass riots and shootings, etc.. thats going to make the virus look like a sweet dream in comparison .

lets hope it is just a 'second wave' of the actual virus (which is no big deal compared to what could happen)

I have zero concern over the virus . not talking about leaving the city cause of the virus at all. virus is just part of life, no biggy at all ... its whats happening behind the scenes thats the concern.

me personally, I'd have to be stuck in the middle of a huge city when the police state gets enacted and 100s of thousands of people take to the streets and start rioting and looting and protesting this corrupt police state government. forced vaccinations, forcing people out of their homes, mass riots and shootings, etc.. thats going to make the virus look like a sweet dream in comparison .

lets hope it is just a 'second wave' of the actual virus (which is no big deal compared to what could happen)
    And I’m with you on the above, truly. I wanted to see statistics and I got them from NY. This virus does have some weird tricks up its sleeve, but “fortunately” it’s really just striking the elderly. The 30 year olds that my wife & friends see with it in ICU are morbidly obese.

I’m in a much better comfort zone than I was a month ago, even at my age, which turns out is not in “that” much of a higher risk.

Look GH. We’ve butted heads here and I think now things should be loosened up intelligently, but of course much faster in less dense/less risk areas.

But what I’m already seeing out here is once they opened things up a bit, people threw all cautions aside.

Yeah, a second wave is coming & if the healthcare industry gets over-run there will be panic and civil unrest and fully agree, it will make the virus itself look like a picnic.

My stance here has been to be a mouth piece for the medical profession, because honestly they are getting fed up with peoples “selfishness”. And, if there is a huge second wave coming because of demands by the public to open things up. And if folks act irresponsibly, like are already doing here, the profession just might turn their backs. In which case 2 things will get you health care: connections and $$$$. I can easily see that happening because from personal experience have seen how they take care of their own.

I care for all of you guys sincerely, I hope each and everyone here knows that my stance is not meant to aggravate any of you, but just to be who I’ve always been, open and true to my beliefs. I mean absolutely no disrespect & apologize if Ive ever gone too far in these discussions, and insulted anyone unintentionally.
    almostgone and C27H40O3 like this.

How are you and your kids doing with on-line learning?

And I’m with you on the above, truly. I wanted to see statistics and I got them from NY. This virus does have some weird tricks up its sleeve, but “fortunately” it’s really just striking the elderly. The 30 year olds that my wife & friends see with it in ICU are morbidly obese.

I’m in a much better comfort zone than I was a month ago, even at my age, which turns out is not in “that” much of a higher risk.

Look GH. We’ve butted heads here and I think now things should be loosened up intelligently, but of course much faster in less dense/less risk areas.

But what I’m already seeing out here is once they opened things up a bit, people threw all cautions aside.

Yeah, a second wave is coming & if the healthcare industry gets over-run there will be panic and civil unrest and fully agree, it will make the virus itself look like a picnic.

My stance here has been to be a mouth piece for the medical profession, because honestly they are getting fed up with peoples “selfishness”. And, if there is a huge second wave coming because of demands by the public to open things up. And if folks act irresponsibly, like are already doing here, the profession just might turn their backs. In which case 2 things will get you health care: connections and $$$$. I can easily see that happening because from personal experience have seen how they take care of their own.

I care for all of you guys sincerely, I hope each and everyone here knows that my stance is not meant to aggravate any of you, but just to be who I’ve always been, open and true to my beliefs. I mean absolutely no disrespect & apologize if Ive ever gone too far in these discussions, and insulted anyone unintentionally.
    In my defense, my ‘selfishness’ consisted of 100% confining myself to home while sick, and cleaning everything that I touched in the house before anyone else got home (and neither are even remotely at risk pop).
    I offered to completely forego my pay at work for the week as I hadn’t accumulated any vacation time this early in the year, but they paid me anyway.
    Some of us have enough sense to not be a total asshole. I do agree that the center of the bell curve is loaded with chucklefucks, but some of us who aren’t bought into the ‘hype’ as it were, have good reason to not be.
    I kept going to the gym (where I picked it up) until they forced closure. I started coming down with symptoms three days later and self quarantined. I’m an idiot, not an asshole.
    There’s a far cry between “there are people who can’t be trusted to use good judgment” and “no one uses good judgment” in any bracket. I’m not interested in having my decisions negatively impact anyone else, and thus far, I can confidently say that they have not. I work in very close proximity to three men, none of whom got sick, so if I was going to hand that shit off to anyone, it would have been them.
    almostgone likes this.

By selfishness, I should have been more specific & not have made a blanket statement. I’m referring to folks that are in areas of higher risk where the numbers continue to climb.

If you are a healthcare worker and you see your situation getting more dire, you might find it ironic and yes “selfish” that the public sees it the other way. Particularly if and when they or their family get sick, then it’s an entirely different situation and it’s oops, our bad, can you still take care of me/us though.

What you did is certainly not selfish and what I specified above is now as numbers / data are making things more objective; it clearly is a different situation in more rural areas and things should be adjusted accordingly.

I live in Los Angeles and immediately, people are throwing caution to the wind, completely disregarding precautions & will likely contribute to the numbers getting worse instead of better. Those are folks that I would call assholes & selfish.
    almostgone likes this.

Seriously, God bless the special ed teacher. I don’t know either of you, but please give her my praise!

Some of the “special needs” kids that I have in my class, started off with far more difficulties, have worked their asses off through the years, overcame a lot of limitations and are kicking butt. I love them, their work ethic is something to behold.

Regarding parents, in the 20 years I’ve done this, 95% of them are the least favorite part of my job.
    She appreciates your kind words. She does work very hard and I don’t envy her job at all. She’s an angel for doing what she does. I’m sure you feel the same about your wife working in the medical field. They don’t get paid enough for what they do, and I can see how frustrating it would be to have people ignoring the safety precautions, only to end up sick and in the hospital.

I was watching a podcast today and a guest called mentioned his dad died from Covid. 62 years old, but had smoked most of his life. Otherwise he ate and lived healthily. The guy said his dad pretty much thought the virus was a hoax and would make fun of people taking safety measures, calling them pussies and whatnot. Well, he caught corona and died within 3 weeks.

If there’s one guy like that, there are a million guys like that. I would be very concerned if my significant other was a healthcare employee, especially in a city like LA. Btw I lived in the valley for a year, in Sherman Oaks on Oxnard, across the street from the high school. Good memories.

You have to check out their ribs. They have the best rib spots of any culture, with their little white lace head coverings.. Better than I have tasted anywhere down south.

Its funny. They dont open on sunday. the busiest restaurant day of the week. every sunday after church, by me everyone goes out to eat somewhere in their church clothes, looking sharp. there is always a line to get in everywhere for a few hours after church gets out.

I told them that I couldnt believe they would give up that amount of business. He said sunday was for family only, not business.

They sure can cook up some ribs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    She appreciates your kind words. She does work very hard and I don’t envy her job at all. She’s an angel for doing what she does. I’m sure you feel the same about your wife working in the medical field. They don’t get paid enough for what they do, and I can see how frustrating it would be to have people ignoring the safety precautions, only to end up sick and in the hospital.

I was watching a podcast today and a guest called mentioned his dad died from Covid. 62 years old, but had smoked most of his life. Otherwise he ate and lived healthily. The guy said his dad pretty much thought the virus was a hoax and would make fun of people taking safety measures, calling them pussies and whatnot. Well, he caught corona and died within 3 weeks.

If there’s one guy like that, there are a million guys like that. I would be very concerned if my significant other was a healthcare employee, especially in a city like LA. Btw I lived in the valley for a year, in Sherman Oaks on Oxnard, across the street from the high school. Good memories.
    TY Test! Sherman Oaks? We lived there for 25 years; likely a 5 - 10 minute drive from you! Small world. When we moved, we wanted out of EQ territory, our home in Encino is solid & should stay standing.

I get dudes attitudes, I do and I really don’t want to judge. But, there are people out there that are helping save lives & its an insult to them to flaunt things in their face that could hurt them.

Today and for a week, I’m saying my final fair-wells to my students. I can see my juniors from this year eventually, next year. My seniors, probably never. Some of the stuff they or their parents write me, makes me glow and almost cry at times. I’m sure that your wife feels the same with her kids.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Can’t help but not feel bad for the dead in situations like that.
    Bear in mind, I’m the guy who was wishing (and still does) for a 100% infection rate, even if not all at once. Get this shit spread, get it over with, develop the immunity if it’s to be had, and stop cutting off natural selection’s legs every time it tries to clean our current population up a bit.
    I’m not one of those “zomg overpopulation, too many people” kind of guys, but I do acknowledge that we are doing way too much to poke holes in the natural filter for shitty DNA. Yes, this likely means that I’d have been dead before I even hit puberty. So be it. Fortunately, nature found another way to stop me from spreading my shitty genetic material via mumps.

TY Test! Sherman Oaks? We lived there for 25 years; likely a 5 - 10 minute drive from you! Small world. When we moved, we wanted out of EQ territory, our home in Encino is solid & should stay standing.

I get dudes attitudes, I do and I really don’t want to judge. But, there are people out there that are helping save lives & its an insult to them to flaunt things in their face that could hurt them.

Today and for a week, I’m saying my final fair-wells to my students. I can see my juniors from this year eventually, next year. My seniors, probably never. Some of the stuff they or their parents write me, makes me glow and almost cry at times. I’m sure that your wife feels the same with her kids.

Yeah small world indeed lol. I started off in Van Nuys and then moved to Sherman Oaks. Had friends in North Hollywood so I was always up there. Used to ride my bike throughout the valley.

What do you teach?

The majority of the students my gf has on her caseload are graduating and going to HS next year. She actually was in the elementary school before going up to the middle school, so she had these same kids since elementary school. They all have iPads from the school so they at least get to interact through the video teaching platform they use. As much as it's kind of sad that she doesn't get to see her kids before graduating, I can say that this break (though she still works just as much), has been beneficial for her mental health.
    Proximal likes this.

Yeah small world indeed lol. I started off in Van Nuys and then moved to Sherman Oaks. Had friends in North Hollywood so I was always up there. Used to ride my bike throughout the valley.

What do you teach?

The majority of the students my gf has on her caseload are graduating and going to HS next year. She actually was in the elementary school before going up to the middle school, so she had these same kids since elementary school. They all have iPads from the school so they at least get to interact through the video teaching platform they use. As much as it's kind of sad that she doesn't get to see her kids before graduating, I can say that this break (though she still works just as much), has been beneficial for her mental health.
    North Hollywood is really developing now, a lot of building.

Got tired of being a PT 15 years ago and got this gig as an Anatomy & Physiology teacher. Occasionally, I’ll teach an extra Heath class (teaching sex-Ed to teens is a trip, lol).

I bet she’s hurting. The special-ed teachers are a really heroes, their work load is insane. Does she normally teach summer school? If so, holy crap, no rest.

Our last week is next week, so saying a lot of goodbyes now. I’ll see more than a few of my students at the gym I go to by the school or we do the Facebook thing. That’s always great, it’s cool seeing them again and keeping track of their lives.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    We didn't find it hard, but needed time to plan our daily routine. As our son is only 7, we had to help him with online learning. In general, we got used to it pretty fast. And it was a great opportunity to check his gaming chair together (we bought it here just before the shutdown).
    Last edited by Frank777; 10-28-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Thread Information