Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 99JT
  • 2 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: A church near me is opening this Sunday even tho they were told not to.

99JT is offline Member

A church near me is opening this Sunday even tho they were told not to.

A Baptist Church around the corner from me said they are no longer following NYSs order to remain closed. They had a pretty big meeting in the parking lot yesterday And decided they will open this Sunday following all CDC guidelines. This quickly made the local media and the town said they will be shut down and arrests will be made next thing you know they are all over the news inviting people of any religion to stop by this Sunday and stated that if there is any government interference they will take legal action. I'd love to see the police try my guess is their will be a police presence but nothing will be said or done. Their was literally people calling into the radio for hours saying they will be their to support them.
    Wannabhuge14 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good to hear people are supporting the churches. If the church is following CDC guidelines, the state government is overstepping their bounds, IMHO.

Hopefully, the viewpoint of the state isn't solely driven by political tomfoolery, but it sounds like this may be the case?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I was never much of a church goer so I don't quite understand the big rush to get back to church. I don't know how long these church sermons go for, but I've been to a few of them where I sat there for at least a couple of hours. I would think that if people want to congragate and practice their religion, they can do it in the great outdoors somewhere where they're not breathing each other's air. There have been a few pastors now that died from Covid after not following the rules and holding services... why didn't God intervene and help them?
    Proximal and GearHeaded like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm for state rights so IMHO I would say they need to follow the local laws. That said, I can see how that can easily go in the wrong direction if there is not a balance.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    states and locals can make their own laws, as long as those longs are not anti-constitutional though..

1st amendment...
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble

state or local laws have no right to prevent the freedom of our religion or our assembling together .

the states that do this are going to get so sued and get their asses handed to them big time.
    the millions of Christians, jews, muslims, even satanists.. who have been forbidded to practice their religion and assemble together over the last few months ,, should all get together (millions of us) , and sue the fuc out of our states and corrupt politicians
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 05-27-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I was never much of a church goer so I don't quite understand the big rush to get back to church. I don't know how long these church sermons go for, but I've been to a few of them where I sat there for at least a couple of hours. I would think that if people want to congragate and practice their religion, they can do it in the great outdoors somewhere where they're not breathing each other's air. There have been a few pastors now that died from Covid after not following the rules and holding services... why didn't God intervene and help them?
    you don't understand because you are not informed on the doctrine and tradition..

"Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching"
    Hebrews 10

the weekly meeting together and the sacraments partaken of , weekly as often as possible.. is a core foundation to the religious beliefs.

if you take away the gathering together, your taking away that persons religion.

thats why its important to billions of people and why they want to get back to church, snynogogue, mosque, etc.. its the core foundation of their religion. the meeting together as one people.

any govt. that prohibits this is a beast and is evil imo

for you non believers and athiest . you don't understand, religion is NOT an individual thing. its a corporate thing. its not a "personal religion" just for you and you go sit alone by yourself in the woods and enjoy it .. its a corporate gathering together of the many.
    thats why meeting together is so important in religion , just so you know
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 05-27-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    There have been a few pastors now that died from Covid after not following the rules and holding services... why didn't God intervene and help them?
    lol..
    the difference between the religious and those that lack faith , is that we don't want God to intervene and prevent us from death.. we look forward to it and embrace it.

heck their have been 10 billion Christinas on this planet.. the story of Jesus is about death.
    oh but why didn't God intervene and help poor Jesus .. lol.. thats not how it works. the unfaithful can't understand or see this.

same with many other religions. even 'pagan' Norse viking gods..

" the ritual of blood is a gift .. the place of our Glory.. through the sea through the fire. through honorable death,, we will come to the sacred land.. nothing stops us nothing breaks us our father awaits us. in the golden halls of Vallhala..
    I smell blood all around, the crows are flying in the sky.. my fate belongs to god, before the day I die, I must desire the right to join my fellow brothers (in the sky)"

don't need or want God to "intervene" to prevent death ... you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you don't understand because you are not informed on the doctrine and tradition..

"Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching"
    Hebrews 10

the weekly meeting together and the sacraments partaken of , weekly as often as possible.. is a core foundation to the religious beliefs.

if you take away the gathering together, your taking away that persons religion.

thats why its important to billions of people and why they want to get back to church, snynogogue, mosque, etc.. its the core foundation of their religion. the meeting together as one people.

any govt. that prohibits this is a beast and is evil imo

for you non believers and athiest . you don't understand, religion is NOT an individual thing. its a corporate thing. its not a "personal religion" just for you and you go sit alone by yourself in the woods and enjoy it .. its a corporate gathering together of the many.
    thats why meeting together is so important in religion , just so you know
    Jesus says otherwise:

Matthew 6:5-6 New International Version (NIV)
    Prayer
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-6&version=NIV

I know you doubt that I have read 5 books but I assure you that I have read many.
    I have studied many religions.
    I find belief fascinating.
    GearHeaded and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Jesus says otherwise:

Matthew 6:5-6 New International Version (NIV)
    Prayer
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-6&version=NIV

I know you doubt that I have read 5 books but I assure you that I have read many.
    I have studied many religions.
    I find belief fascinating.
    are you foliowing me around brother

its good ,, keep reading and keep questioning. nothing wrong with that , it will build you up in the process. the process of the hunt (or seeking) itself is 99% of the battle and experience.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    lol..
    the difference between the religious and those that lack faith , is that we don't want God to intervene and prevent us from death.. we look forward to it and embrace it.

heck their have been 10 billion Christinas on this planet.. the story of Jesus is about death.
    oh but why didn't God intervene and help poor Jesus .. lol.. thats not how it works. the unfaithful can't understand or see this.

same with many other religions. even 'pagan' Norse viking gods..

" the ritual of blood is a gift .. the place of our Glory.. through the sea through the fire. through honorable death,, we will come to the sacred land.. nothing stops us nothing breaks us our father awaits us. in the golden halls of Vallhala..
    I smell blood all around, the crows are flying in the sky.. my fate belongs to god, before the day I die, I must desire the right to join my fellow brothers (in the sky)"

don't need or want God to "intervene" to prevent death ... you don't understand.
    I was just saying that people can convene in other places, right outside a church. They don't have to be in the actual building. It's not ideal or how it used to be, but unless they want to deal with "the law" and risking more people getting sick, I don't see why they can't do it outdoors. Unless they aren't allowed to do that either...

Thread Information