yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member

MLS laser treatment

Anyone have this done? My right elbow/tricep is so bad I can’t train at all anymore. It is really effecting my quality of life. I have had a history of a lot of problems with it. I damaged the cartilage that holds the ulnar nerve doing over head tricep extensions.

Since then, ive had the bursa sac rupture, and one day after a chest workout I had some pain in my arm and when I would flex (Front double bicep style) there was a hard painful lump that could be seen in my tricep, all I could think is my tricep tendon partially tore and it balled up and that’s what I saw. I couldnt train arms for months after that. I have been trying to work around it for awhile now and it has gotten so bad I can’t train at all. I can’t even hold my body up leaning against a wall using my right arm because of the pain.

I am going to see my ortho guy next month and I’m sure he is going to tell me it’s tendinitis and there’s nothing I can do but rest, ice, and anti inflammatory medication. I have been doing that with no improvement so I’m afraid he is going to tell me I’m screwed. They do offer the laser treatment and he has mentioned it to me but it is expensive. But at this point I would pay anything to be able to train again.

Would also like to add that I had been using elbow sleeves while training and they did not help at all. And I have been on prescription anti inflammatory medicine (naproxen) for awhile now with no improvement
    Last edited by yeahbuddy289; 06-06-2020 at 06:10 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've had Class IV laser work done but don't think it was the newer version like MLS. What I had done helped the pain and inflammation a bit, but wasn't much better than an IR lamp.

Ruptured the bursa in my l. shoulder ages ago.... it sucks. Definitely don't hold it in one position trying to guard it. Almost let mine shoulder freeze up on me; no bueno. I dealt with a crappy Ortho with mine and some semi decent PT.

I would suggest looking for a more progressive Ortho and probably speak with a physical medicine practice ( one that deals in PRP, stem cell, and more modern treatments). Definitely would have a good Ortho in the mix in case surgical repair is needed
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I think the laser treatment is like $700 for six treatments... seems pretty crazy. I believe I have golfers elbow and weightlifters elbow. Those are the two areas I’m having pain. Supposedly if x ray shows nothing the first course of action is a cortisone shot, as I have already been on prescription anti inflammatories with no improvement.

That platelet injection sounds awesome but I’m sure it is more than I can afford unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I think the laser treatment is like $700 for six treatments... seems pretty crazy. I believe I have golfers elbow and weightlifters elbow. Those are the two areas I’m having pain. Supposedly if x ray shows nothing the first course of action is a cortisone shot, as I have already been on prescription anti inflammatories with no improvement.

That platelet injection sounds awesome but I’m sure it is more than I can afford unfortunately.
    Have you ever tried Voodoo Floss? It really helps my elbows when they get inflamed. It's not really a preventative, it's more of a relief from the inflammation, bursitis, etc.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

No I haven’t... that is the rubber band type wrap correct? I use elbow sleeves but it’s to the point they don’t help. I haven’t trained in well over a month, probably two. And I have no improvement in pain. If I went and trained triceps or did any kind of press it would be just as painful as it was two months ago.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Have you ever considered TB-500?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    No I haven’t... that is the rubber band type wrap correct? I use elbow sleeves but it’s to the point they don’t help. I haven’t trained in well over a month, probably two. And I have no improvement in pain. If I went and trained triceps or did any kind of press it would be just as painful as it was two months ago.

Yes sir, it helps me but mainly for relief.

https://youtu.be/GZG_9O_mAgM

Thread Information