Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Things i didnt know about being a personal trainer.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member

Things i didnt know about being a personal trainer.

I started doing some personal training last December. It is a part time thing and I do it for the love of it not the money.
    I really enjoy helping other people achieve their goals and seeing there progress.
    I have also found some things I didn't realize about this line of work.

1. Sometimes I feel like a therapist more than a trainer, it is amazing how much people want to tell you there problems while training.

2. I have found out how lazy some people are, it amazes me how they spend good money and wont put in the work to achieve their goal.

3. Everyone in the gym has suddenly become my friend in their eyes.

4. The real surprise was from the female clients. I had read about this but kinda blew it off as a "not in my world" problem. Some of the female clients really tend to become attached to you. The attachment in a couple of cases has become an issue to the point of being lets say "inappropriate behavior".

But all in all I love the Job just was a little bit of a surprise when I started this.
    Proximal, RaginCajun and Ernst like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    It’s the beard. Chicks did beards.
    diesel101 and Ernst like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I started doing some personal training last December. It is a part time thing and I do it for the love of it not the money.
    I really enjoy helping other people achieve their goals and seeing there progress.

1. Sometimes I feel like a therapist more than a trainer, it is amazing how much people want to tell you there problems while training.

2. I have found out how lazy some people are, it amazes me how they spend good money and wont put in the work to achieve their goal.

4. The real surprise was from the female clients. I had read about this but kinda blew it off as a "not in my world" problem. Some of the female clients really tend to become attached to you. The attachment in a couple of cases has become an issue to the point of being lets say "inappropriate behavior".

But all in all I love the Job just was a little bit of a surprise when I started this.
    great post and what you say is so true..

I'll add to it some.

as the owner of an 800 member gym, I'm kinda the go to trainer for everyone even if their not a paying client of mine. everyone is picking my brain constantly.
    but everyone also calls me "coach" and I guess they feel that being a member of my gym its kinda an added perk to get advice from me.
    I don't know how many hours I've spent having taken 17-22 or so your old guys into my office and sat down with them and talked to them for hours about multiple things in life. it starts with them asking me fitness advice and leads into a 2 hour conversation about life and being a man. it leads to work and careers, women, etc..

BUT. your absolutely correct with the paying clients that pay you to do their diets, their programming, train them in person and push them ,, these people become almost like they are wanting a life coach. its like a therapy for them. they put a lot of trust in you far more then just their fitness goals . and its like they are paying you to be their best friend as well .

the women clients are obsessive. they place everything in your hands and trust.. they won't eat one extra grain of rice without asking your permission or do one less or one more rep without knowing that thats what they are supposed to do.
    I think some women become more faithful and 100% dedicated and dependent and obedient to their personal trainers then they do their own husbands. . and the mindset can become a bit "inappropriate"... but the good thing is , women do way way better in contest prep then men , imo.

speaking of contest prep and back on the therapy thing. . apart from in person training I do online contest prep. had a bunch of clients from around the world in contest prep. gyms closed down and contests got cancelled .. its interesting how a lot of those clients are no longer asking me for their macros for the week , but are now rather asking me spiritual and political advice.

with my gym being closed for 3 months I've not trained anyone .. but my phone blew up and text messages are off the charts.

I think personal training and coaching is a more personal experience then it is just a fitness thing. thats why I gave up a high paying job to do this full time. its more of a passion thing. the exchange of $ is totally a side point.
    I could go back to my contracting company and make way more money .. but helping people in such a personal way is much more satisfying then installing a boiler system
    diesel101 and Chark like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You’re a better man than I am for being able to put up with number two.
    I could train driven people all day long. But that doesn’t pay the bills, because those people are so few and far between (until you have a huge reputation to the point of being able to handpick your clientele anyway).
    I’m not good at being a babysitter for people’s pipe dreams in hour long increments. As soon as most people realize that you can’t actually buy results and have to work for it, they quickly fall away without someone who can brain ninja the fuck out of them.
    I am not that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    You’re a better man than I am for being able to put up with number two.
    I could train driven people all day long. But that doesn’t pay the bills, because those people are so few and far between (until you have a huge reputation to the point of being able to handpick your clientele anyway).
    I’m not good at being a babysitter for people’s pipe dreams in hour long increments. As soon as most people realize that you can’t actually buy results and have to work for it, they quickly fall away without someone who can brain ninja the fuck out of them.
    I am not that guy.
    I am very fortunate really most of my clients are there for a reason and really dedicated. I have only had a couple that were really lazy. There are 4 trainers in our gym and I am the one that has a reputation for being hardcore and pushing hard ,with that being said most of the lazy ones go to one of the other trainers. We have a special deal on a 3 pack training session, my lazy ones have gone to other trainers after 3 sessions. Its kinda one of those either your going to love or hate me things.

I shouldn't you the word lazy more like less motivated and not as serious about their goals.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    throw the hot ones my way
    diesel101 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Sounds like a pretty awesome problem to have. High five!
    diesel101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Sounds like a pretty awesome problem to have. High five!
    Lol, it definitely is an ego booster for an old guy like me.
    RaginCajun and Honkey_Kong like this.

Ok the line has officially been crossed last night.
    I have a couple female clients that I mentioned have said and messaged a couple things that have been border line inappropriate. I politely explained to them this is strictly a business arrangement me training them. I thought everything was cool the last couple weeks until last night.

My client messaged me and wanted to know if I could take a look at her progress pictures,(I have all my clients do pictures once a month) so it was not anything out of the ordinary.

She sends me the pictures late last night and I open them up to find there is 6 pictures of her topless with a thong on.
    I know you hounds are wondering, yes she is 50 very attractive with fake breasts and she is married and I also train her and her husband.

I have not responded and not really sure how to handle this situation. Losing her and her husband as a client does not bother me but I don't want to end up the asshole out of this whole deal with me being the creepy trainer somehow.

No I will not post her pictures for you horny bastards.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    I have not responded and not really sure how to handle this situation. Losing her and her husband as a client does not bother me but I don't want to end up the asshole out of this whole deal with me being the creepy trainer somehow.
    I’d simply dismiss it, continue to discuss the training schedule as professional as it can get, and conclude with a joke to the pics being far from appropriate progress pictures.

I'm amazed (and saddened) this happens to men as well. I thought only women try to do their best at work and get their intentions mistaken.
    Last edited by sv.elia; 06-23-2020 at 11:21 AM. Reason: shortened
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    One of my most memorable romances was with a married woman, around 44 years old, when I was 30. At the time she told me she was getting divorced, that her husband was abusive, they were sleeping apart most nights, etc. Turns out it was a front to get laid. She was a gym girl, always looked toned, fake tits, cosmetic surgeries, etc.

If a woman like her did what your client is doing to you... oooof that’s a big temptation. Most times my conscience would stop me and I would tell her that I appreciate her beauty and admiration, but I cannot cross that line. But if I was mid-cycle and horny as fuck, it would be very tempting. Not that I would act on it right away, but the sexual tension during the workouts, knowing she’s trying extra hard to bend over, show you her “assets” and all that, would make it very difficult to refrain. It’s ultimately her marriage and responsibility to remain faithful, because she will get what she wants one way or another. If not with you, with someone else.

I would try to find out how many guns the husband owns... jk, sorta. Do the right thing, cause it will blow up eventually.
    diesel101 likes this.

easy solution .. just analyze the progress pics as normal . whats it matter that she is topless or not. . I'm sure you can look past a pair of fake breasts and just do your job as normal.

the fitness industry is filled with some nudity and a hint of sexuality . thats part of it.. thats part of being human. its not really anything to concern yourself with I don't think. just some progress pics that show extra skin. just continue on and analyze the progress and adjust the training and diet as need be

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    easy solution .. just analyze the progress pics as normal . whats it matter that she is topless or not. . I'm sure you can look past a pair of fake breasts and just do your job as normal.

the fitness industry is filled with some nudity and a hint of sexuality . thats part of it.. thats part of being human. its not really anything to concern yourself with I don't think. just some progress pics that show extra skin. just continue on and analyze the progress and adjust the training and diet as need be

Agreed,

We’re so Puritan sometimes too. Just act as if you’ve seen a topless woman before, keep your report on point and send a reply on her progress. No big deal...

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.

#4 you poor guy...
    Damn women are dogs! Always thinking with their vagina!
    GearHeaded and diesel101 like this.

Ok the line has officially been crossed last night.
    I have a couple female clients that I mentioned have said and messaged a couple things that have been border line inappropriate. I politely explained to them this is strictly a business arrangement me training them. I thought everything was cool the last couple weeks until last night.

My client messaged me and wanted to know if I could take a look at her progress pictures,(I have all my clients do pictures once a month) so it was not anything out of the ordinary.

She sends me the pictures late last night and I open them up to find there is 6 pictures of her topless with a thong on.
    I know you hounds are wondering, yes she is 50 very attractive with fake breasts and she is married and I also train her and her husband.

Dear god... Diesel has converted to being a democrat!

Whats next? A fucking man bun!?

Dear God its the zombie apocalypse!

"ma'am, lets be professional"

If I ever say that to a woman it means I want to try that position again until I perfect it or that a hooker is denying my perverted request.
    diesel101 likes this.

Had training session with my client and her husband last night. Sat down with her and went over the progress pictures and recommended changes just like any other client. I never said a word about the topless part and neither did she other than it was her husband that took the pictures, it was business as usual.

I guess I am just naïve on the ways of the world

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Had training session with my client and her husband last night. Sat down with her and went over the progress pictures and recommended changes just like any other client. I never said a word about the topless part and neither did she other than it was her husband that took the pictures, it was business as usual.

I guess I am just naïve on the ways of the world

Love that...

Handled your business like a pro! Well done big dog!
    diesel101 and Proximal like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Love that...

Handled your business like a pro! Well done big dog!
    Come on S&D- she was hinting at a threesome and it went over his head. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    False alarm.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    . I never said a word about the topless part and neither did she other than it was her husband that took the pictures,
    You met an actual cuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    You met an actual cuck.
    ^ don't listen to this bullshit .. highly unlikely the husband is actually cuckold . if you been a coach or trainer long enough your receiving some topless pics of women just like you receive topless pics of the male clients.
    its not a big deal and its not frickin cuckold to take a topless pic of your wife and send to her trainer.. wtf. grow up .

plenty of members here have seen nudes of my wife on wickr , and I've seen theirs .. big deal. your not "cuck" cause of taking a topless pic of your wife.

heck have you ever seen a bodybuilding show C27 ? have you ever watched the bikini division and how they are forced into a mandatory pose of showing their ass and p during judging ?

nudity is not a big deal and it certainly does not mean a husband is 'cuck' cause he took progress pics with his wife topless.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^ don't listen to this bullshit .. highly unlikely the husband is actually cuckold . if you been a coach or trainer long enough your receiving some topless pics of women just like you receive topless pics of the male clients.
    its not a big deal and its not frickin cuckold to take a topless pic of your wife and send to her trainer.. wtf. grow up .

plenty of members here have seen nudes of my wife on wickr , and I've seen theirs .. big deal. your not "cuck" cause of taking a topless pic of your wife.

heck have you ever seen a bodybuilding show C27 ? have you ever watched the bikini division and how they are forced into a mandatory pose of showing their ass and p during judging ?

nudity is not a big deal and it certainly does not mean a husband is 'cuck' cause he took progress pics with his wife topless.
    Oooooooh the benefits of competing!!! I’ve seen them just let their breasts out to paint them without getting the paint on their itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Oooooooh the benefits of competing!!! I’ve seen them just let their breasts out to paint them without getting the paint on their itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini

If I ever took half the gear that you competitors take...
    And a fit chick whipped a titty out...

They would be carrying my out of there in handcuffs.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good. Thats some cuck shit right there.

ANd i guess you are not gay if you're a pitcher and not a catcher, right?

They know what they are getting into, they are not "forced into" anything. If they objected to it, they wouldnt enter.

I guess its the modern version of the old joke, "You got any naked pictures of your wife? You wanna buy some?, but now its "You got any naked pictures of MY wife? Oh, you do, ok, nevermind."

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good. Thats some cuck shit right there.

ANd i guess you are not gay if you're a pitcher and not a catcher, right?

They know what they are getting into, they are not "forced into" anything. If they objected to it, they wouldnt enter.

I guess its the modern version of the old joke, "You got any naked pictures of your wife? You wanna buy some?, but now its "You got any naked pictures of MY wife? Oh, you do, ok, nevermind."
    whatever ,, stop PMing me asking me for a cock pic

how are you not banned yet. your the most disruptive toxic person I've ever known

how are you not banned yet. your the most disruptive toxic person I've ever known
    Talk about being banned. Who is the one talking about cock pics? And feels the need to always post gratuitous, ad hominem attacks.

OK, I'll feed the troll one time.

Talk about being banned. Who is the one talking about cock pics? And feels the need to always post gratuitous, ad hominem attacks.

And I see you got another thread closed with your anti-semitic nonsense.
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 06-26-2020 at 01:25 AM.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    OK, I'll feed the troll one time.

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...A-yes-you.html
    The road likes this.

Gh cant make a post without two or three trying to get him riled up constantly. Its pretty obvious.
    He is doing a swell job keeping himself in check imo.

I know what its like to be ganged up on here every time you speak your mind.

Diesel makes a thread about being a personal trainer and it turn into this.

This is why admin made that post.
    It gets derailed by people with a vendetta for one another.

Things i didnt know about being a personal trainer.

A dude falsely, out of nowhere, tries to smear me and claims i asked him for pictures of his dick, and you direct this to me?

Read a whole thread without jumping to the end.

You are clearly not paying attention.

Last edited by C27H40O3; 06-26-2020 at 09:42 AM.

A dude falsely, out of nowhere, tries to smear me and claims i asked him for pictures of his dick, and you direct this to me?

Read a whole thread without jumping to the end.

You are clearly not paying attention.

Dude. It is absolutely directed towards you.

are you a personal trainer ? why are you in this thread ? just to mess with people.

I'm only responding to this statement cause I feel a need to defend myself . then I'm dropping it and asking Diesel how his personal training business is going.

if you paid any attention you'd of seen that I had posted that a lot of my family is jewish. my father in law is a Jew. my wife and kids have jewish blood. I've displayed a menorah in my home and celebrated plenty of Hanukkah festivals and Passover Seders. had the 613 mitzvot displayed on the fire place mantel and the Torah nailed to the door frame of my front door. my wedding day was purposely picked for June 13 (613) in commemoration of the jewish tradition of 613 Mitzvot. I've studied the Hebrew language and jewish culture and history for 20+ years (again my wife and kids are of jewish descent). I'm done posting so many pics, but I have a picture of my first born son at age 5 receiving his Talit (jewish prayer shawl) his kippa and a copy of the Torah.
    come to my house and you'll see I have multiple CDs of jewish worship music that we would listen to Friday night going into the Sabbath day.. we celebrated all the feasts of the YHWH based on the Hebrew calendar.
    etc..
    there are members here that have a link to my religious blog where I've posted 100s of pages of articles I've written on religious topics.. those guys , if they've read through any of them, could back up that my articles often times quotes not only the Torah but the Talmud and Rabbinic teaching and Jewish culture and a lot of the articles have a Jewish mindset and back drop to them.

yet you want to accuse me of "anti Semitic nonsense" ... simply cause I said being jewish is more about religion and culture then it is race.

I really don't get that . why come in this thread and call me anti Semitic when you really have no clue about me.

anyway. I'm done. just had to defend myself and point out how NOT anti-semitic I am

anyhow , Diesel you get any more nudes ?
    diesel101 and The road like this.

No more nudes, I evidently read more into it than I should have.
    Did have a client last night ask if I was single in conversation, I did the gentleman thing, lied to her and then took her home and fucked her till she begged me to stop!
    Ok that is what I wanted to do but I was a professional and told her the truth then went home and jerked off.

I've displayed the Torah nailed to the door frame of my front door.
    Sounds pretty Anti-semitic to me.

All the Jews I know nail a Mezuzah to their door post.

How many nails have you driven thru your Preteric Bible???

Just busting your balls and cracking a joke.

I will call it a slip by you. Just don't want people thinking Jews put nails thru their Torah.

For those who don't know about the Jewish faith...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezuzah
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 06-26-2020 at 10:13 AM.

No more nudes, I evidently read more into it than I should have.
    Did have a client last night ask if I was single in conversation, I did the gentleman thing, lied to her and then took her home and fucked her till she begged me to stop!
    Ok that is what I wanted to do but I was a professional and told her the truth then went home and jerked off.
    I personally don't think the husband is a cuck.
    I think they could very well be swingers.

I am not a personal trainer.

But... I think the fact that she was topless obviously meant something.
    diesel101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I personally don't think the husband is a cuck.
    I think they could very well be swingers.

I am not a personal trainer.

But... I think the fact that she was topless obviously meant something.
    We do have a large swinger population in our little town for the size of it.

We do have a large swinger population in our little town for the size of it.
    I’m looking for a place to go on spring break.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Sounds pretty Anti-semitic to me.

All the Jews I know nail a Mezuzah to their door post.

How many nails have you driven thru your Preteric Bible???

Just busting your balls and cracking a joke.

I will call it a slip by you. Just don't want people thinking Jews put nails thru their Torah.

For those who don't know about the Jewish faith...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezuzah
    lol . well it was just easier to say Torah being most guys here probably would know more what that is then the Mezuzah that was nailed to the doorframe of my house.

it comes from the Law of Moses
    "Write [these laws] on the door frames of your houses and on your gates"
    Deutoronomy 6:9

anyhow . a parchment of the law of YHWH was incased in a decorative scroll seal and that was put on the front door frame of my home.. the reason being so when I left my home I would notice the 'law of God' and remember it as I go out into the world and always remember the presence of YHWH (God)

anyhow , NO nailing a Torah to the door Frame is not like hanging a Noose from it quite the opposite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information