• 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Planet Fitness

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

Planet Fitness

So I’m out of town and have no weights with me. Wife has a membership at PF back home and is supposedly able to visit any location and bring a guest. Ive heard things about PF being an ultra sensitive place towards Bber’s. What do you guys think? Give it a shot or just do bodyweight stuff?

When I first started working out again 10+ yrs I joined a PF. I am guessing that every PF differs from another but mine was fine.
    I would rather be limited to 60lbs DBs than bodyweight exercises.
    Do not expect any hot fitness chics in tiny tight spandex outfits.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    When I first started working out again 10+ yrs I joined a PF. I am guessing that every PF differs from another but mine was fine.
    I would rather be limited to 60lbs DBs than bodyweight exercises.
    Do not expect any hot fitness chics in tiny tight spandex outfits.
    Lol well dog thats a good thing considering mrs cuz will be there lmao. I didnt even know they had dumbells that big tbh. Reason i asked lol
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Lol well dog thats a good thing considering mrs cuz will be there lmao. I didnt even know they had dumbells that big tbh. Reason i asked lol
    Just know that every PF is different.
    (They are generally not at all structured for meat heads. Some have DBs. Some don’t.)

Similarly... the Power House Gym near me doesn’t let you deadlift. Really!?!? A fucking Powerhouse gym and I can’t deadlift?!?
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 06-27-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Cuz likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Beggers can’t be choosers. I hate Smith machines with every fiber of my being, but I’d still use one if that’s all that I had access too. Just have to load extra weight to compensate for the assistance that it provides.
    So long as they have a passable rack, a leg press, plates and a working Smith, you’ll be able to pull off far more than you could with body weight alone. Besides, nothing stopping you from using body weight stuff to hit things that they don’t have a viable way to train.
    Cuz and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I think they serve doughnuts and pizza on Friday.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just don’t grunt, bring chalk or take your shirt off...I think those are the only rules

Oh and be prepared to be looked at funny when you can actually bench press your body weight more than 3 times.

I’ve used them on the road a few times, better than a fucking hotel gym for sure.
    Cuz and XnavyHMCS like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    can't be that good if it is only $10 a month

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Just depends on which one you go to. We gave two here. One asked me to not lift heavy weights cause it wasn’t the type of atmosphere they are looking for. The one that got built on the other side of town doesn’t care. I just decided to train elsewhere were they allow more bodybuilders to train
    Cuz and XnavyHMCS like this.

I can't stand the gyms where if the staff hear a person grunt, then they pretend that something has happened, almost like they're responding to a 999 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post
    I can't stand the gyms where if the staff hear a person grunt, then they pretend that something has happened, almost like they're responding to a 999 page.
    Agree only reason I tried going there was a holiday when my normal gym was closed. Since covid hit I invested thousands in my home gym. Now that my normal gym is open again I have gone back but now I have plenty of equipment at home do I have choice. I mix it up now about 50 percent training at home and 50 percent at the gym. Nice to have options I have no regrets with purchasing all the equipment for at home
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I went to planet fitness with a friend about 10 times. They definitely have a lot of hot girls where I’m at. And the benefit is, if you look somewhat decent, you’ll be the talk of the town ;-)

Last time I was there I was 255, and this skinny older Indian guy was giving me disapproving looks while I was lifting the entire stack on the tricep pull down. At planet fitness that means you’re doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Agree only reason I tried going there was a holiday when my normal gym was closed. Since covid hit I invested thousands in my home gym. Now that my normal gym is open again I have gone back but now I have plenty of equipment at home do I have choice. I mix it up now about 50 percent training at home and 50 percent at the gym. Nice to have options I have no regrets with purchasing all the equipment for at home
    I agree man. The best decision I ever made was buying my gym equipment.

They cancelled my membership at my university gym after I shadow-boxed at a full-length mirror mounted on the wall. This was a few weeks after they responded to hearing me grunt by sending in a 999 task force who pretended there had been an incident (you should have seen these dickheads rush to a position and adopt a stance as though they were responding to a bomb threat).

Stupid cunts could have just asked me not to shadow-box at the full-length mirror. Next time I attended the gym, my membership card was disabled and the turnstiles wouldn't let me in.

Cowards.

I find something deeply immoral, insincere and disingenuous about not simply approaching a person calmly and asking them to desist. Pretending that there's been a incident, and cancelling a membership without prior discussion, is asinine.
    Quester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I agree man. The best decision I ever made was buying my gym equipment.
    I really love having the equipment at home but also being able to go to the gym. For the most part now that things have settled in I will go to the gym on my days off from work and in work days I train at home. It just works out better since my work days I work 6-5pm
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Just don’t grunt, bring chalk or take your shirt off...I think those are the only rules

Oh and be prepared to be looked at funny when you can actually bench press your body weight more than 3 times.

I’ve used them on the road a few times, better than a fucking hotel gym for sure.
    Good to see you posting buddy. Yeah that’s basically what i was hoping for. Just something to get by until i get back
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I really love having the equipment at home but also being able to go to the gym. For the most part now that things have settled in I will go to the gym on my days off from work and in work days I train at home. It just works out better since my work days I work 6-5pm
    Exactly, it’s nice to have the option.

speaking of planet fitness,

Over 200 urged to quarantine after positive case at Planet Fitness

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/coronaviru...opstories.html
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    speaking of planet fitness,

Over 200 urged to quarantine after positive case at Planet Fitness

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/coronaviru...opstories.html
    It was bound to happen, especially in a PF, which is most typically used as a high client volume treadmill farm.

Thread Information