• 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By flexin-rph
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By flexin-rph
  • 1 Post By flexin-rph

Thread: What's in your....

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

What's in your....

.....firearm cleaning stash? I have an old cheap plastic tackle box that I ripped in half and filed down the edges so the halves can be nested. Stick odd and end cleaning rods in one half and the put the other half on top of it. In the top half I used old Crystal Light containers to segregate mops, bore brushes, patches, nylon brushes, oils, solvents, greases, brass bottle brushes, a couple of homemade scrapers, etc. Let s see... a couple of packs of the "Q-tip" type applicators on wooden sticks, several rags, a handy dandy Tipton combination brush and cleaning jag set, a big ass bag of pistol patches that covers my most used calibers, a big bag of heavy duty Ziploc bags and a few odds and ends.

Stack it all in a 30mm ammo can and I am G2G. Also, did a can for spare pistol parts and one for spare rifle parts. It royally sucks when you're ready to do some cleaning or, God forbid, you break a firing pin or need a new mag release button spring, recoil spring, etc. and you can't find it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's in your....-mvimg_20200705_135350.jpg  
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-05-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not to far off from mine! Add in a couple of “bore snakes” (in an assortment of calibers that are no longer in their package so you have to guess every time you go to grab one) and some Hoppes #9 and I’d say my old tackle box could be a very distant cousin of yours...

Edit....

Just zoomed in on your pic and saw a bottle of old #9. We just went from cousins to brothers
    almostgone likes this.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Don't forget Ballistol.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph View Post
    Don't forget Ballistol.
    Definitely. Actually, I keep a selection of cleaner and lubricants in there. Ballistol, CLP, TW25B grease and oils, synthetic oils, Hoppe's #9. If all else fails I have a pretty decent sized ultrasonic cleaner that I scavenged when my old employer ditched it ( all it needed was a generic power cord).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    An untrasonic would be really nice to own...
    almostgone likes this.

Preventive maintenance & cleaning/lubricating properly will allow your firearns be passed on for generations to come.

Name:  asset.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  3.2 KB
    Last edited by flexin-rph; 07-05-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information