• 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By kelkel

Thread: Oops.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

Oops.

Just had a really awkward conversation with my GP. He threatened to “fire me” if my test levels aren’t in check upon my next labs in a month.

I admitted to increasing my dose and adding Proviron , let’s just say he wasn’t impressed. He’s under scrutiny by the medical board so he said I’m a liability to his license at this point.

Been rolling 300 test, 250 deca and 50 mgs proviron each week. My prescription calls for 200 mgs a week.

Question is this.

For those that have tested high, how long did it take you to drop back down into the normal range?

Labs are attached...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5079761-A659-4C06-935C-9B8C19679C4A.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1,009.0 KB 
ID:	179538

Also, why would my DHT have dropped so significantly?!
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 07-15-2020 at 10:02 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Just had a really awkward conversation with my GP. He threatened to “fire me” if my test levels aren’t in check upon my next labs in a month.

I admitted to increasing my dose and adding Proviron , let’s just say he wasn’t impressed. He’s under scrutiny by the medical board so he said I’m a liability to his license at this point.

Been rolling 300 test, 250 deca and 50 mgs proviron each week. My prescription calls for 200 mgs a week.

Question is this.

For those that have tested high, how long did it take you to drop back down into the normal range?

Labs are attached...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5079761-A659-4C06-935C-9B8C19679C4A.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1,009.0 KB 
ID:	179538

Also, why would my DHT have dropped so significantly?!
    Drop the Deca if it's an ECLIA test and drop back to your prescribed dosage for TRT and you should be decent in a month. I would test on my own in 2 weeks in case you needed to make further adjustments.

No idea on the DHT.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It happens, in NY my doctors were great but I was in much better shape so there was no blood pressure issues or anything so I guess they weren’t worried. In Florida my doc here two months ago flat out told me that I’m not allowed to be my own doctor. He lowered my TRT to a half ML 100 mg per week. Just got my labs back, well I talked to them and they said that I was at 850 still, very surprised at a half ml. My bp is better but I also been dieting and exercising, once blood work gets much better I’ll start pushing to get back around 1000 or so.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Drop the Deca if it's an ECLIA test and drop back to your prescribed dosage for TRT and you should be decent in a month. I would test on my own in 2 weeks in case you needed to make further adjustments.

No idea on the DHT.
    Deca keeps test levels up for a while, had it happen with me, might want to wait a month. It’s surprising how long it actually takes for blood levels to drop.
    SampsonandDelilah and *Admin* like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Deca keeps test levels up for a while, had it happen with me, might want to wait a month. It’s surprising how long it actually takes for blood levels to drop.
    Definitely agree, that why I suggested dropping Deca now and going back to script dosage, then retest on his own in 2 weeks. Some people...uh... no idea who...cough, cough...AG....has dropped his T injections for a week once to get back to where I knew the Dr would be happy. Figure if you check in 2 weeks there's still time to alter the T dosage.

If they do the LC-MSMS type test it shouldn't interfere, but it definitely skews the ECLIA type test.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-15-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    BG and SampsonandDelilah like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Shit, that’s what I’m worried about. He wanted labs in a month, I pushed it out 7 weeks just to be safe. He’s usually good with me around 1200-1400. Apparently above 3000 was pushing it, lol.
    Sucks because I’ve felt better with the Deca and proviron .

Thinking a month at my prescribed dose is enough time to get me back to baseline?

I would do like I mentioned above and after dropping the Deca and lowering your dose, test on your own in a couple of weeks so you KNOW where you are. It will relieve a lot of stress on your part.

Sure, you will pay for a few tests out of pocket or your HSA fund, but that's much better than ruining your relationship with your Dr.

Keep on mind the ECLIA vs. the LC-MS/MS testing.

Just my 2cc.
    *Admin* and BG like this.

I would do like I mentioned above and after dropping the Deca and lowering your dose, test on your own in a couple of weeks so you KNOW where you are. It will relieve a lot of stress on your part.

Sure, you will pay for a few tests out of pocket or your HSA fund, but that's much better than ruining your relationship with your Dr.

Just my 2cc.

Absolutely agreed and appreciated. I’m not sure which the this lab uses (vibrant America).

Any recommendations on a private lab for my own peace of mind?

Thank you!

(Shoutout to Val, lol. Good to go)
    Chark and almostgone like this.

Absolutely agreed and appreciated. I’m not sure which the this lab uses (vibrant America).

Any recommendations on a private lab for my own peace of mind?

Thank you!

(Shoutout to Val, lol. Good to go)
    I usually go with privatemdlabs, but others have mentioned using discounted labs. You can punch it in on Google and see which one has a collection facility closest to you.

Make sure you look for discount codes online. Most of them usually have a 10-15% off code floating around..
    SampsonandDelilah and *Admin* like this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Doctors are hired help, nothing more. If your's won't support your plan for managing your health, fire him and get another. Then repeat.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Doctors are hired help, nothing more. If your's won't support your plan for managing your health, fire him and get another. Then repeat.
    That is correct..... however I am sure his records have Dr comments ( to protect the Dr) which can be seen by other Dr’s.
    Taking someone on that “abuses” the medicine is a liability to the Dr. especially with the previous medical report stating this.

The above is from. dr perspective not mine. Hell I had an endo tell me the risk wasn’t worth the reward with TRT and my GP said there is no way he will override them. If I continue pursuing , he will just send me for testing and testing and testing until I give up.
    I obviously put it in my words, but the message was the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG
    Should be. Proviron is one of the most under rated compounds there is.
    Shit, that’s what I’m worried about. He wanted labs in a month, I pushed it out 7 weeks just to be safe. He’s usually good with me around 1200-1400. Apparently above 3000 was pushing it, lol.
    Sucks because I’ve felt better with the Deca and proviron.

Thinking a month at my prescribed dose is enough time to get me back to baseline?

BG
    Well said

Just my 2cc.

BG
    Thing with that is some doctors in order to start TRT wanna see her levels bottomed out so it’s tough leaving a doctor that you already have a script with, but I agree if things get worse definitely find someone else I’m in that ballpark right now.

Thing with that is some doctors in order to start TRT wanna see her levels bottomed out so it’s tough leaving a doctor that you already have a script with, but I agree if things get worse definitely find someone else I’m in that ballpark right now.
    Even then they don’t give it to you.

BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    That is correct..... however I am sure his records have Dr comments ( to protect the Dr) which can be seen by other Dr’s....
    Not without exposing himself to a massive lawsuit for violating patient-physician confidentiality. There are federal and state laws (in all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico & American Samoa) that make it a criminal offense for a physician to share a patient's records with any third party without that patient's consent. Doctors do not have some secret cabal in which they can share patients' privileged information without fear of retribution.

And special circumstance aside, the don't usually ask for patients' records anyway because that puts them in the position of having to adjudge whether a brother physician's diagnoses and treatments were correct. They'd rather start with a clean slate and only be exposed to liability for their own mistakes rather than both theirs and some other doctor's as well.

I like this dude and I see his point in having someone above 3000 in total test being an issue. I was also honest about the increase in dose and the proviron .
    I’ve been with him 5 years now and mostly because he’s comfortable treating my symptoms and not the range. He’s let me cruise damn near 2000 because it’s where I feel best.

He’s under scrutiny because he’s been treating that way and other physicians he co manages with have logged a complaint because they’re so antiquated.

Last thing I wanna do is start this process over again

Not without exposing himself to a massive lawsuit for violating patient-physician confidentiality. There are federal and state laws (in all 50 states, DC, Puerto Rico & American Samoa) that make it a criminal offense for a physician to share a patient's records with any third party without that patient's consent. Doctors do not have some secret cabal in which they can share patients' privileged information without fear of retribution.

And special circumstance aside, the don't usually ask for patients' records anyway because that puts them in the position of having to adjudge whether a brother physician's diagnoses and treatments were correct. They'd rather start with a clean slate and only be exposed to liability for their own mistakes rather than both theirs and some other doctor's as well.
    Yes and no. Dr’s do share récords with insurances... otherwise they won’t get paid. Dr’s within the same medical “group” have access from that database to your information. It’s probably in the fine print That you must sign to be a patient. There is a reason that you need to sign a shitload of paperwork with fine print.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Same reason insurance companies/the dealership don't want you putting turbos and superchargers on your vehicle, or why sports cars cost more to insure. It's more liability for them, a higher risk. When I went to get prescribed TRT, at a clinic that was shut down a few months later, the first guy I saw was ready to put me on testosterone the first day, having only the bloodwork that I brought myself. I wasn't ready to jump the gun, and the second guy (who was the actual Dr., not physician assistant), told me he couldn't because of liability as my T was still within the normal range. They assumed I was already taking shit.

Do you guys know about the "Doc," Dr. O'Connor? He does a lot of interviews with MD, and has a show on YouTube. The guy specializes in "testosteronology," a term he coined. He works with primarily athletes, ex-bodybuilders, ex-powerlifters, etc. It's hard to know how guys like him operate, as they can't openly admit to knowingly treating steroid users/abusers.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Yes and no. Dr’s do share récords with insurances... otherwise they won’t get paid. Dr’s within the same medical “group” have access from that database to your information. It’s probably in the fine print That you must sign to be a patient....
    As per the highlighted text, what you have cited is not an exception to state and federal law. And you can rescind that permission any time you choose.

Fire your doctor and present him with a letter stating you rescind all permissions, expressed or implied, to share your medical information with third parties.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 07-15-2020 at 03:41 PM.

As per the highlighted text, what you have cited is not an exception to state and federal law. And you can rescind that permission any time you choose.

Fire your doctor and present him with a letter stating you rescind all permissions, expressed or implied, to share your medical information with third parties.

Problem solved.
    I guess you missed my point. You can rescind that however they can also refuse service because that is how the business model is set up.
    Just like when you sign up for social media. You don’t accept it, you are gone. Anything that was made during your acceptance is just that accepted.
    Once again, I am talking about the large organizations. For example, Scripps Medical Care your récord in SoCal can be seen in Nortern Cal by doctors. When you signed up you allowed that. Their legal team made up the contract. If you alter the contract, they will not serve you.

Once again, they share your records every time you go with your insurance.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    This probably doesnt help but last time i got checked my levels were still over 1500 and that was with 4 weeks of regular trt dose. Next time im waiting 8 weeks to be on the safe side i sure dont need to lose my script. Also, your Estrogen looks fantastic for those numbers, how did you manage that? Fucking perfect mine was fucking 90 with no AI

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    This probably doesnt help but last time i got checked my levels were still over 1500 and that was with 4 weeks of regular trt dose. Next time im waiting 8 weeks to be on the safe side i sure dont need to lose my script. Also, your Estrogen looks fantastic for those numbers, how did you manage that? Fucking perfect mine was fucking 90 with no AI
    Thanks bro!

I’ll be ok at 1500, he’ll let me cruise there...

Great question, no clue! Not running an AI or any mast...wondering if the proviron helped? Still can’t figure out the drop in DHT? Has to be the proviron too?

Was an awkward conversation today for sure...
    Cuz likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Take a week off of your test injections and speed up the drop in levels.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member
    Kinda like the Michael Jackson method of selecting healthcare providers...

Thread Information