Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Yoga

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Yoga

I just did yoga for the first time in my life and I’m never doing it again. Real men don’t do yoga that’s for flexible skinny boys and girls. I’m not gonna sit there and look like a fucking idiot for an hour and sweat like a hog. Put way too much pressure on my already fucked shoulders. This bitch was flying through the movements like there was no tomorrow. I got up and left halfway through while muttering “fuck this shit.”
    *Admin*, Honkey_Kong, Obs and 2 others like this.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Did the same thing 3 yrs ago, never fucking again! This bitch put me in front center with 20 women and a couple well ‘gentlemen’ behind me.
    She went 10x faster than I could even comprehend. I recall leaving 20 minutes or so into it and mumbling the same thing you did ironically, LOL.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Was going to try this myself but I may rethink now lol!

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Next time go to a yoga for elders class.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Need to find a flow class and talk to the instructor ahead of time...

It ain’t easy but nothing good ever is

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Hot yoga suck. Sweat like a pig.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    i love yoga.

taking a starter class and let instructor know u are new and horrible at this shit.
    takes time but your body will love it after time.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    i love yoga.

taking a starter class and let instructor know u are new and horrible at this shit.
    takes time but your body will love it after time.
    You just love all the girls in tight yoga pants. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

I’m a sucker for yoga pants.

For all of us meatheads...

There are two types of yoga I believe... yin and yang.
    One is for exercise (yang) and one is for restoration (yin).

Being that we kill our bodies all the time...
    The trick is to take a restorative yoga class.

Basically an hour hour long slow paced stretching session where you get to stare at ass.

https://www.yogawithnajah.com/najahs...n%20the%20body.

I used to take a one hour yin classonce a week in Georgia.
    I miss those days.
    I miss the gym.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 08-12-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

Added bonus. :
    charger69 likes this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    For all of us meatheads...

There are two types of yoga I believe... yin and yang.
    One is for exercise (yang) and one is for restoration (yin).

Being that we kill our bodies all the time...
    The trick is to take a restorative yoga class.

Basically an hour hour long slow paced stretching session where you get to stare at ass.

https://www.yogawithnajah.com/najahs...n%20the%20body.

I used to take a one hour yin classonce a week in Georgia.
    I miss those days.
    I miss the gym.

I thought yoga was supposed to be stretching and staring at asses... all I was staring at was the sky, the ground, or my armpits. It was an outside class, in a park, and there were only 4 of us in total; minus the instructor. Man she wasn't that hot in the face, but when I saw her movements, I was
    charger69, Cylon357 and *Admin* like this.

Chark is offline Member
    Joe Rogan swears by hot yoga. I’d like to give it a try.

Hot yoga makes me sweat like a fucking pig and generally ruins whatever I have planned afterwards...

(unless my plan is to lie on the floor exhausted pounding gator aid)

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Hot yoga makes me sweat like a fucking pig and generally ruins whatever I have planned afterwards...

And that sums it up.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Well guys, thanks for making me feel better about sucking at yoga. What pissed me off even more was that my girl now has me beat in 2 games of mini golf, walking up hills (cause I keep cramping up), and now yoga. If she keeps winning, I'm gonna have to dump her.

I know, at least in bed I finish before her!!! ... oh wait...

i want to try this, and just hang out at the pool for day. when im done i will go inside and crash.

just scared i may die during the class

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I do my own little modified version of it. My friend’s that race motocross are hardcore into it. I always wanted to try the Diamond Dallas Page version.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I had a really good routine of doing yoga 5 nights a week by myself at home. I took the video from YouTube, "Sarah Beth Level 2 Yoga for Flexibility" and sped it up double speed to make it 15 mins.

Once a month I do a naked yoga class with about a dozen other people.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I had a really good routine of doing yoga 5 nights a week by myself at home. I took the video from YouTube, "Sarah Beth Level 2 Yoga for Flexibility" and sped it up double speed to make it 15 mins.

Once a month I do a naked yoga class with about a dozen other people.
    That class I would make sure to be early......wouldn't want to get stuck in the back

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    That class I would make sure to be early......wouldn't want to get stuck in the back
    Thank you both for that visual...
    BG, Booz and *Admin* like this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Yoga

Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    I thought the same thing after my first yoga class, but let me be honest: it humbled me. I thought 'yeesh, I got this. what is this, a bunch of stretching?' About 1/3 of the way through, I thought 'hmm, this is hard.' And just to be clear: it kicked my ass. So, it is much more than just stretching. I've been a few times since but to 'gentle yoga' ie beginners level where you don't have to do exactly what is going on. I'm still not big on yoga classes...
    BUT
    I have incorporated a few of the moves I learned there in my post workout stretching (about 10 to 20 minutes post squat and deadlift days). It helps with DOMS, cool down, and range of motion for sure, all of which are important to me. There are probably other benefits, though I would stop short of some of the life changing claims that a lot of practitioners make.

And I thought the same thing about flexible people. I thought there is no way I can do those moves. My body just don't do THAT. That said, I maybe took it as a bit of a challenge and have come to believe that I can be more flexible, though not all pretzle-y. That's probably more important to us on the north side of 50 or so.

PS - Yoga pants are cheating, y'all. Well, the ones that are formed like Kim Kardashian are, the regular tights are not. Here is how to tell the difference: if you set the pants out by themselves and you think 'damn, those would make me look all badonk-a-donk', then they cheatin'. If, on the other hand, YOU put on a pair of pants that look like socks and STILL look all McKayla Maroney, then you got it!
    Yoga has conditioned my cardio, brought pain relief to many injuries, and healing to ones I get, for three months I got abused in yoga classes..I was having back pain from deadlifting and my lifting partner told me if I wanna be walking around at 60 I need to start doing yoga ..I was thinking , it was for women ..I definitely didn't want too, but I stuck with it..now it's become part of my daily routine, and the time spent doing yoga has surpassed my time weight training..to me they go hand and hand, a tight muscle and fascia won't grow like a limber one, and it speeds up my recover time and keeps me going..plus when you get advanced , the dopamine rush is almost like hard weight training session ..yoga to me is putting a flow together and making it like a perpetual dance of stretching and strengthening every muscle group, and when focusing and controlling your breath can turn into brutal cardio or you can just stretch..ok I got a lil deep here but I love it, and anytime I get a chance to share my opinion about it , I do..

Last edited by KINGKONG; 08-13-2020 at 03:58 PM.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I feel like I'd being doing you boys a disservice if I didn't remind you how important it is to work your face and neck muscles into your yogo mix. You can thank me later

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I feel like I'd being doing you boys a disservice if I didn't remind you how important it is to work your face and neck muscles into your yogo mix. You can thank me later

Man I miss the 80’s

An old friend of mine Malcom Brown who one the Mr Britain in 87 swears by yoga

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    I do believe that yoga is for everyone. It’s a perfect thing to do if you want to improve your physical and mental health. I've started a couple of years back at the studio I was at when I realised barre and pilates weren’t quite me. I haven’t done it in a couple of months now and coincidently did a class on zoom this afternoon with my favourite teacher who reached out (https://yanvayoga.com). And I feel amazing now for having done it.
    Last edited by Oliver47; 09-08-2021 at 01:47 AM.

If there is a community centre or leisure centre in your locality, they probably have a morning yoga class for retired people. Some people participate while sitting in a chair. You could try that a few times before moving onto the easiest of easy yoga classes.

For those of you who got sick of hot room yoga very quickly. . . . you're not supposed to go to that class until you're an intermediate at a normal yoga class (I've been doing yoga since 2009 but still need my wits about me at a hot room class).
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 08-31-2021 at 04:12 AM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I just did yoga for the first time in my life and I’m never doing it again. Real men don’t do yoga that’s for flexible skinny boys and girls. I’m not gonna sit there and look like a fucking idiot for an hour and sweat like a hog. Put way too much pressure on my already fucked shoulders. This bitch was flying through the movements like there was no tomorrow. I got up and left halfway through while muttering “fuck this shit.”
    Was she hot though?

I miss the 90's and Kiana Tom

The video works even though the thumbnail is screwed up.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 09-02-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah and Chark like this.

she was the one back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    she was the one back in the day

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Id by that for a dollar.

I use to think about trying yoga for the same reason as most of you, for the view but we all know in reality 90% if not 99% of what would be in there would not really be worth looking at. Its always better in our imagination.

BradlyD is offline New Member
    LOL I'm with you guys. I think I'm wooden if talking about yoga. However, I'm so damn interested how it feels like, if I can do at least some asanas. I think it's my gf who influences my mind, but I'm really curious. She's practicing online with Yanva yoga. So if I decide to try, I won't visit any class with real ppl staring at me lol.
    Last edited by BradlyD; 10-04-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradlyD View Post
    LOL I'm with you guys. I think I'm wooden if talking about yoga. However, I'm so damn interested how it feels like, if I can do at least some asanas. I think it's my gf who influences my mind, but I'm really curious. She's practicing online. So if I decide to try, I won't visit any class with real ppl staring at me lol.

Ironically I did two sessions of outdoor yoga last week. I was staying at this hippy dippy bed and breakfast and the Mrs talked me into going with her to practice under this forest canopy in the pacific NW. I absolutely struggled, like struggled to the point of thinking “what the fuck am I doing here?”

Had to uses blocks and straps and it wasn’t until the end of the day 2 that I realized I was actually sitting cross legged (remember when we could day “Indian style”?) on my mat, with zero pain or discomfort.

It was very focused on hamstring, glute and lower back release and I was not only super sore in those areas, but I was actually extremely loose as well.

I cant even remember the last time I sat cross legged on the floor without feeling stiff or uncomfortable. It was amazing and I wouldn’t have noticed until my girl said something…I actually felt extremely proud about it! Just sitting like that is something people take for granted, but most of the play time I have with my boys is centered around sitting cross legged on the floor and I’m always so fucking uncomfortable!

I made a promise that I’m going to shoot for twice a week and see if I can get any consistency with it. If one subculture of people can use it, it’s us the bodybuilding community.

Give it an honest try and allow yourself to suck, it’ll get better. I promise

Namaste
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 09-27-2021 at 07:38 AM.

I made a promise that I’m going to shoot for twice a week and see if I can get any consistency with it.
    8 times a month is decent. I need to sort my head out and get back into a regular practise. At the moment I'm floating between a bereavement group and Al-Anon while eating zero carbs.

Give it an honest try and allow yourself to suck, it’ll get better. I promise

I always try to remind myself that I'll be most grateful when I'm 80 and can still bend.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

neriwoods is offline New Member
    My gf wants to do yoga with her... Still hesitate if it suits me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by neriwoods View Post
    My gf wants to do yoga with her... Still hesitate if it suits me lol.
    Just don’t get caught staring at yoga butts in class with her.

You should go, just keep your eyes focused
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

I've decided I'm going to do yoga after every workout now, so that will make 4 times a week. Each day I'll finish my weightlifting session in the gym, and then take the matt out for 15 mins, then head to the steam room. My gym has yoga classes on 2 of the 4 days I work out, so I have the choice of joining those classes or otherwise just doing it by myself.

By the way as a lot of you on here are quite muscular, I'd take that into account when trying to get into postures. For example I used to be able to do this pose 7 years ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eagle-yoga-pose.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	181749

But now my arms are too thick to put one elbow over another like that, and also my legs are too thick to wrap around each other like that. When other people in a yoga class are doing that pose, I just put my palms together and push my elbows in together. There isn't anything I can do with my leg so I just rest my foot on my calf.

Just don’t get caught staring at yoga butts in class with her.

You should go, just keep your eyes focused
    That's exactly why he shouldn't go. Don't want to get in the doghouse. I mean besides looking at chicks in yoga pants asses, why would anyone go to a yoga class?

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member

I get the feeling you’d be great to hang out with lol. Your posts always have me laughing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information