• 1 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By wango

Thread: Aspirin thins the blood?What benefits?

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Aspirin thins the blood?What benefits?

Hello hear that aspirin can prevent a heart attack or even a stroke, can anyone tell me if this is true?

Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I think the primary benefit is lowering blood pressure,but man do not quote me on that.

You can thin your blood too much, that leads to problems with coagulation. That's a potentially very bad thing.

A children's aspirin or special low dose aspirin are designed to be safe for daily use in most cases.
    Well Cylon thanks for the reply! So does aspirin help treat high BP?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    Hello hear that aspirin can prevent a heart attack or even a stroke, can anyone tell me if this is true?

Tapatalk
    It helps reduce platelet formation. If a small artery in the heart or brain is already clogged because of significant plaque, that person is in danger. What potentially can happen, is when the plaque suddenly becomes damaged, your body (as it is supposed to) goes through a clotting process there to start the repair & to stop the bleeding. The addition of multiple platelets to an area already narrowed by plaque significantly restricts the blood flow; thus the heart attack or stroke.

If your LDLs are high and can’t be controlled by diet, your MD generally prescribes statins and baby aspirin are usually recommended as well. After a heart attack or stroke you’re given stronger anti-coagulants than aspirin (and in the case of heart attack, surgery as well).
    JaneDoe likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Low dose aspirin, ~80mg, works by preventing the clumping of platelets which can lead to clot formation.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Pres.../03_21_06.html

Repeated doses of higher dose aspirin, ~250mg, can actually increase platelet count under certain conditions.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10352333/

To break it down to where the rubber meets the road, low dose aspirin makes the platelets " slippery" and inhibits clot formation.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-26-2021 at 12:39 PM.
    JaneDoe likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Well Cylon thanks for the reply! So does aspirin help treat high BP?
    It shouldn’t really help BP. A quick google though did show an older study indicating that a baby aspirin taken before bed could help lower BP during that evening, but had no effects in the day. Do you have cardiovascular concerns Davi?
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It shouldn’t really help BP. A quick google though did show an older study indicating that a baby aspirin taken before bed could help lower BP during that evening, but had no effects in the day. Do you have cardiovascular concerns Davi?

Dude I never had, but I fear this a lot because I used AAS the wrong way in the past. My last cycle was in March Testo cipi, deca ,dianabol

Man I haven't been running AAS since March, I'm clean and my blood pressure is around 130/90 to 140/10 and I find myself going through it daily.

Do you think I should see a doctor??? I get headaches sometimes, and it seems to be the veins in my head, it keeps throbbing

I wouldn't want to bother you with this subject, but this advice is the support I have at the moment to know what I should do and what might be happening to me

Dude I never had, but I fear this a lot because I used AAS the wrong way in the past. My last cycle was in March Testo cipi, deca ,dianabol

Man I haven't been running AAS since March, I'm clean and my blood pressure is around 130/90 to 140/10 and I find myself going through it daily.

Do you think I should see a doctor??? I get headaches sometimes, and it seems to be the veins in my head, it keeps throbbing

I wouldn't want to bother you with this subject, but this advice is the support I have at the moment to know what I should do and what might be happening to me
    It wouldn't hurt to see a Dr.. There's no shame in needing a BP med. Once you find one that works for you, try to stock up on a little extra if it's available. You can use it when on cycle to control your BP ( if needed).

Personally, I wouldn't mention any AAS usage.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-28-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Honkey_Kong and Cylon357 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

I really don't think a BP of 140/100 is going to give you headaches and throbbing veins in your head. But you should still get it checked. High BP is often called "the silent killer," because you usually don't notice any symptoms, until it's too late. There are a lot of people who never know they even have it until irreversible damage has been done to their internal organs. Consider yourself lucky that you found out early on.

But yeah, see the doctor and if he decides that it's in your best interest to take meds for it, take them. A lot of us on here take BP meds. Hell, it's one of the most common conditions to be treated even in people who have never touched gear.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to see a Dr.. There's no shame in needing a BP med. Once you find one that works for you, try to stick up on a little extra if it's available. You can use it when on cycle to control your BP ( if needed).

Personally, I wouldn't mention any AAS usage.
    ^^^ This.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    You really need to go to the Dr like people are saying. I’m on 20mg lisinopril which is pretty small dose but I waited a couple years of wondering if I needed it to ask Dr. I felt much better once I got on it. Elevated BP is fairly easy to perform well on but you are getting into the low end of high BP which can impact your performance in the gym and your overall health.

I take a baby aspirin and naproxen at wake and sleep. The combo minorly helps pain but I don’t think it helps my BP much if at all. Ive actually been able to lower my BP more since I got on the meds than before on them because I can exercise harder and more often since being on them. My ego resisted getting on them faster I thought “I could handle it on my own”. Don’t be stubborn get it looked at.

It’s not a bother at all Davi. First and foremost, see your doctor. If those are consistent numbers, then you have high blood pressure. Not dangerously high, but once you start creeping above 135/90 consistently, you really want it looked at.

Some questions to ask yourself. These are indicators that more attention is needed.
    * Does blood pressure issues, heart disease & strokes run in your family?
    * Has your blood lipids been crappy consistently?
    * How is your daily stress?
    * Nicotine or usage of other stimulants (for weight loss)?

Another factor is that we are all “overweight” here. I personally am considered extremely overweight, due to my BMI. The reality is, is that it makes your heart (left ventricle in particular) work harder and can very likely lead to left ventricle hypertrophy, which is not healthy.

What should happen is that your M.D. will see the high blood pressure, determine you are overweight and order blood work. They’ll tell you to drop pounds, add cardio & clean up your diet (particularly if your LDLs are elevated). But, these are all things you know already and can control on your own. You need him for BP meds, which are very common. I’ve been on atenolol for years and it helps keep me in the 130’s/80’s. I refuse his recommendation of statins because the sides are not friendly to some folks.

You know, another culprit of the higher BP and possibly the headaches is the fact that you are now mentally wrapped up in the concern that something is wrong. Stress is a mofo. Personally, when I take my BP, I drive it up needlessly because I’m so worried the numbers are not going to be good. For me, I take my BP less than I should for that very reason.

Don’t tell your doctor you are on AAS as there is no need. You know the sides of certain compounds, so he/she can’t give you any help there and it’s just not information you should share at this point.

Even if not using AAS, the choice of adding / carrying extra muscle comes at a cost for most. See your doctor and try to take your mind off of it a bit, ok? You’ve got great guys here that are willing to help and know their stuff. That’s an advantage people outside of this forum really don’t have - we are all fortunate for that reason alone.
    Quester likes this.

Blog Entries
    Right now!

Tapatalk

Right now!

Tapatalk
    Make sure you're using the proper size cuff and sit stationary for 5;minutes or so and relax before you check your BP. You can't exert yourself, immediately go check your BP, and expect it to be in range.

Also, try checking it first thing in the morning.

Just a few suggestions.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-28-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    wango likes this.

Right now!

Tapatalk
    As the above two posts indicated. Relax a bit, don’t think/stress about it and retake it. As AG said, a poorly fitting cuff can be the culprit as well. Again, RELAX! The tension only confuses and interferes with the accuracy of what is going on.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Make sure you're using the proper size cuff and sit stationary for 5;minutes or so and relax before you check your BP. You can't exert yourself, immediately go check your BP, and expect it to be in range.

Also, try checking it first thing in the morning.

Just a few suggestions.

Got it! Thanks
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-28-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    As the above two posts indicated. Relax a bit, don’t think/stress about it and retake it. As AG said, a poorly fitting cuff can be the culprit as well. Again, RELAX! The tension only confuses and interferes with the accuracy of what is going on.
    Okay wango.thanks for the help
    wango likes this.

Okay wango.thanks for the help
    But definitely repost. I really want to see how you are and how this resolves itself, ok? Thank you Davi.
    JaneDoe and DinAZ like this.

Thread Information