Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo

Thread: Airsoft - First time yesterday

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Lightbulb Airsoft - First time yesterday

I went airsofting for the first time yesterday, it was good fun.

Trying to decide which pistol to buy (one I can put a laser sight on).

I just bought a Dessert Eagle airsoft gun... it's powered by little CO₂ canisters with blowback. Also has 'hop up' to make the pellet travel further. I'll take a photo when I get it home... I would never take this thing out in public, it looks and feels like a real handgun.

I'm airsofting tomorrow from 11am to 4pm... I'm just gonna sprint around with a pistol all day... wish me luck!
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 10-10-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah and DustMan like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I just bought a Dessert Eagle airsoft gun... it's powered by little CO₂ canisters with blowback. Also has 'hop up' to make the pellet travel further. I'll take a photo when I get it home... I would never take this thing out in public, it looks and feels like a real handgun.

I'm airsofting tomorrow from 11am to 4pm... I'm just gonna sprint around with a pistol all day... wish me luck!
    It's got an orange tip on the barrel right?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's got an orange tip on the barrel right?
    No, it doesn't. It even has parts on it that have no function because it is also a replica. You could scare the shit out of a shop clerk with this thing.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    No, it doesn't. It even has parts on it that have no function because it is also a replica. You could scare the shit out of a shop clerk with this thing.
    Does it break skin when you get shot?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    You could scare the shit out of a shop clerk with this thing.
    Probably best not to do that
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Does it break skin when you get shot?
    Bare skin, just a little bit. If ur wearing a hoodie it's just a red mark.

Got blasted today, got a few red marks.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Or, the police (firearms patrol / armed patrol, in GB) will come and literally scare the shit outta you...

But FK, living across the pond, I would imagine that the "bobbies" (are they still called that?) would give the armed individual the opportunity to lay down their weapon, before lighting them up... Unlike in the States...

Have fun...!!!
    "

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Or, the police (firearms patrol / armed patrol, in GB) will come and literally scare the shit outta you...

But FK, living across the pond, I would imagine that the "bobbies" (are they still called that?) would give the armed individual the opportunity to lay down their weapon, before lighting them up... Unlike in the States...

Have fun...!!!
    "
    I've never seen a police officer over here take their handgun out of its holster. Not once. I'm told it's considered a big deal if they take out their handgun... there's forms to fill out and they'll probably have a scheduled meeting with superior officers.

Travel south of the border and the police don't even have guns. Nor self-respect nor dignity for that matter -- they let any little prick become a cop in the South.
    Last edited by Fluidic Kimbo; 10-21-2020 at 02:29 AM.

DustMan is offline Associate Member
    I bought an airsoft pistol and shotgun from my brothers friend one morning just before my carpool showed up to grab me. I was still excited about the purchase, so while we were driving through my subdivision I took a few shots out the window for fun, hung half my body out to make it theatrical and what not, very visible. Someone saw us, and, like an idiot, I put on my meanest face and tucked the shotgun under the seat....

15 minutes later we got pulled over by a dozen cop cars, all weapons drawn, megahorn blaring at us. They even have this cool technique where one of them walks up with this huge metal shotgun and cocks it once they are within 10 meters of you, the sound is very pronounced and clearly a shotgun, they told me later it's an intimidation tactic.

I got off without a charge, but they told me if I had pointed it at someone the charge is the same as if I had pointed a real gun at someone, so that was very lucky.

Later that night my Grandmother called me and told me that the 5 o'clock news had "dreadfully disparaged me". They came up and interviewed me while I was in the back of the cop car, they were all very excited... until they found out it was a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by DustMan View Post
    I bought an airsoft pistol and shotgun from my brothers friend one morning just before my carpool showed up to grab me. I was still excited about the purchase, so while we were driving through my subdivision I took a few shots out the window for fun, hung half my body out to make it theatrical and what not, very visible. Someone saw us, and, like an idiot, I put on my meanest face and tucked the shotgun under the seat....

15 minutes later we got pulled over by a dozen cop cars, all weapons drawn, megahorn blaring at us. They even have this cool technique where one of them walks up with this huge metal shotgun and cocks it once they are within 10 meters of you, the sound is very pronounced and clearly a shotgun, they told me later it's an intimidation tactic.

I got off without a charge, but they told me if I had pointed it at someone the charge is the same as if I had pointed a real gun at someone, so that was very lucky.

Later that night my Grandmother called me and told me that the 5 o'clock news had "dreadfully disparaged me". They came up and interviewed me while I was in the back of the cop car, they were all very excited... until they found out it was a toy.
    I try not to get in that kind of hot water anymore. I'm in my thirties now. That's twenties behaviour you're describing.
    DustMan likes this.

DustMan is offline Associate Member
    I try not to get in that kind of hot water anymore. I'm in my thirties now. That's twenties behaviour you're describing.
    Yeah that was over 10 years ago, I'm also well and over all that, just seemed relevant to the thread

Thread Information