Results 1 to 30 of 30
Like Tree106Likes
  • 9 Post By tarmyg
  • 6 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 7 Post By kelkel
  • 7 Post By Chark
  • 8 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 8 Post By Bio-Active
  • 7 Post By almostgone
  • 8 Post By *Admin*
  • 7 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 6 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 4 Post By BG
  • 6 Post By Cuz
  • 3 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 3 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 3 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Happy New Year

  1. #1
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,786
    Blog Entries
    162

    Happy New Year

    Happy New Year everyone. Not sure how anyone else feels but leaving 2020 behind is alright with me. Giving it the middle finger in fact. Guess its the only time we can say we are leaving one year behind having a perfect 20 20 of what happened.

    Wish you guys all the best!

  2. #2
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,401
    Happy New Year!!

    Appreciate you Tarmy, you’re one of the great ones brother! Hope you and the family have an awesome evening and you’ll be into 2021 before the rest of us, get it started right!!

    Best!
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 12-31-2020 at 09:00 AM.

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,682
    Happy New Year guys!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    Chark's Avatar
    Chark is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    579
    Happy new year! Stay safe tonight fellas

  5. #5
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,543
    Gleilegt ntt r!!

    Happy New Year-a12d7637-32be-4758-985b-a05240b695b5.jpeg

  6. #6
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,601
    Happy New Year!!

  7. #7
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,483
    Well.....hell, let's shoot for 2021 to be a kick-ass year. Take time to be thankful for what we have.

    Yes, 2020 was totally craptacular and a real shit show, but it could have been worse.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  8. #8
    *Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    131,988
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Well.....hell, let's shoot for 2021 to be a kick-ass year. Take time to be thankful for what we have.

    Yes, 2020 was totally craptacular and a real shit show, but it could have been worse.
    Amen to that!


    Hope everyone has a safe new year... Godspeed..
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

    Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~


    Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com



    Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    sorry late to the party lol...just want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my brothers here...2020 had been a really rough year for us all but we are still here and i want to say thank you to all for the support during my own personal tragedy's while you where all going though your own...this board and it community means so much to so many, i am humbled/proud to be just a small part of it...much love to all and your family's...

  10. #10
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,401
    Truly an all star lineup within this thread, lots of respect and admiration for you all. Let’s fucking own this year. I don’t expect 2021 to just suddenly he better because the calendar changed. What I do expect is to take the hardship and lessons learned and apply them to this year so that I can tailor my outlook, my expectations and my perspective. That’s about as much as we can control and I have no doubt we all have that power, especially collectively within this badass little community of ours
    Cuz, ghettoboyd, tarmyg and 3 others like this.

  11. #11
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    I'm buying weights to use at home this year. Won't be ideal but will be better than just doing pressups and chinups in lockdown.
    OdinsOtherSon and *Admin* like this.

  12. #12
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,007
    Fresh Start.......gotta love them!

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  13. #13
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    6,642
    Glad to see all you in good spirits, hopefully we can get out of this rut this year with everything going on. It was a terrible year for sure, but as bad as everything was me and my family and relatives are hanging pretty solid right now. Very thankful for that. As far as bodybuilding/powerlifting goes, i crushed all my goals for 2020. Upping the stakes in 2021, so we will shall see how it goes. Happy 2021 forum brothers!

  14. #14
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Happy New Year everyone. Not sure how anyone else feels but leaving 2020 behind is alright with me. Giving it the middle finger in fact. Guess its the only time we can say we are leaving one year behind having a perfect 20 20 of what happened.

    Wish you guys all the best!
    Cuz, tarmyg and SampsonandDelilah like this.

  15. #15
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,804
    Happy New Years!
    Cuz, tarmyg and SampsonandDelilah like this.

  16. #16
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Actually when I get home, I'm gonna go to my local park, remove the police tape from the outdoor machines, use them, and then put the tape back on.

    I did the same thing here in the Canary Islands after a one hour run. Got a decent workout done -- enough to keep my muscles alive til the gym opens again.

  17. #17
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Actually when I get home, I'm gonna go to my local park, remove the police tape from the outdoor machines, use them, and then put the tape back on.

    I did the same thing here in the Canary Islands after a one hour run. Got a decent workout done -- enough to keep my muscles alive til the gym opens again.
    Aren't y'all allowed an hour daily for exercise or did the last modification of the lockdown eliminate that, FK?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  18. #18
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,623
    Sorry i'm late lol, Happy New year everyone. Spending quality time with the Mrs and kids.

  19. #19
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Aren't y'all allowed an hour daily for exercise or did the last modification of the lockdown eliminate that, FK?
    We're "allowed" out for exercise but all the machines in the public park have tape around them to stop people using them. So basically I can just run, do chinups on a branch or a gate, pressups, situps, and maybe pick up a big rock or a 5 litre drum of water.

    Here on holidays I'm lifting up the sun lounger bed as a weight, although today I might go for another 1 hour run and use the machines at the park.

    When I get home I might get a sweeping brush and use duct tape and cable ties to attach 5-litre drums of water to it in order to make a barebell for deadlifts, bench and squat. (It won't be very heavy but it's better than nothing).

    Police have caught me violating the Covid laws twice but I don't care. I gave them a good telling off the first two times so they know what to expect next time. Keeping pet shops open while discontinuing AA meetings -- so your dog's fleas are more important than your sister's alcoholism. Cops get a good brow beating from me.

    I know it's considered poor form and impolite to perpetrate a mass shooting, but if I ever did then it would be in a room full of people who make the Covid decisions that affect us all.

  20. #20
    XnavyHMCS is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    568
    "I know it's considered poor form and impolite to perpetrate a mass shooting, but if I ever did then it would be in a room full of people who make the Covid decisions that affect us all."

    Leave it to FK to finish with a compelling phrase.

  21. #21
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    We're "allowed" out for exercise but all the machines in the public park have tape around them to stop people using them. So basically I can just run, do chinups on a branch or a gate, pressups, situps, and maybe pick up a big rock or a 5 litre drum of water.

    Here on holidays I'm lifting up the sun lounger bed as a weight, although today I might go for another 1 hour run and use the machines at the park.

    When I get home I might get a sweeping brush and use duct tape and cable ties to attach 5-litre drums of water to it in order to make a barebell for deadlifts, bench and squat. (It won't be very heavy but it's better than nothing).

    Police have caught me violating the Covid laws twice but I don't care. I gave them a good telling off the first two times so they know what to expect next time. Keeping pet shops open while discontinuing AA meetings -- so your dog's fleas are more important than your sister's alcoholism. Cops get a good brow beating from me.

    I know it's considered poor form and impolite to perpetrate a mass shooting, but if I ever did then it would be in a room full of people who make the Covid decisions that affect us all.
    Maybe you can find an old lorry tire or tractor tire and get a sledgehammer and pound away on it some? That's a pretty darn good workout.

    Edit: The cops must be somewhat empathetic if they cut you loose to go about your business? I kind of feel bad for the decent cops. Hired to enforce laws/ordinances that are made up by some dunderheads that are so disconnected from common sense that's it's pathetic. The AA thing is particularly asinine; a support group serves no useful purpose if they can't meet to talk over their common struggles or share their success.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-04-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  22. #22
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Here's my apparatus for working out today

    Happy New Year-20210104_172626.jpg

    Happy New Year-20210104_172611.jpg

    Happy New Year-20210104_172602.jpg

    I'll post a video when I have Wi-Fi in a bit
    wango likes this.

  23. #23
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

    Edit: The cops must be somewhat empathetic if they cut you loose to go about your business? I kind of feel bad for the decent cops. Hired to enforce laws/ordinances that are made up by some dunderheads that are so disconnected from common sense that's it's pathetic.
    The main reason why I wouldn't become a cop is that it is very demoralizing to work alongside people who have already being demoralized. Also my superiors would begin to start wondering why all the human traffickers are already dead before backup is called.

  24. #24
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188

  25. #25
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I would be willing to bet that we have ex (or current) military, maybe even a DI or two, that can easily get you the best / worst workout of your life with that equipment.
    Here in the Canary Islands, Africa is only a hundred and a bit miles away. Boats of assylum seekers keep coming up on the beaches here, and they're being housed in vacant hotels. Some of the locals aren't happy about this. The born-again Christian churches would normally be all over refugees, but these refugees are Muslims who don't have any intention of converting (I saw one praying out on his balcony).

    Anyway there were 3 refugees working out at the park today when I was there. They weren't 'big' but they did some interesting exercises, especially for their abs (or 'core' as some people say). Genetically they knock me out of the park -- these guys have long limbs and could hide in a bag of coal.

    I have 6 more days here til I go home to a severe lockdown in Ireland. Really not looking forward to walking out of the airport in Ireland. I will have to endure four entire weeks of doing one and only one thing: Maintain sanity.

  26. #26
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Here in the Canary Islands, Africa is only a hundred and a bit miles away. Boats of assylum seekers keep coming up on the beaches here, and they're being housed in vacant hotels. Some of the locals aren't happy about this. The born-again Christian churches would normally be all over refugees, but these refugees are Muslims who don't have any intention of converting (I saw one praying out on his balcony).

    Anyway there were 3 refugees working out at the park today when I was there. They weren't 'big' but they did some interesting exercises, especially for their abs (or 'core' as some people say). Genetically they knock me out of the park -- these guys have long limbs and could hide in a bag of coal.

    I have 6 more days here til I go home to a severe lockdown in Ireland. Really not looking forward to walking out of the airport in Ireland. I will have to endure four entire weeks of doing one and only one thing: Maintain sanity.

    Remind me again of this “sanity” you have to maintain?
    Cylon357 likes this.

  27. #27
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Here in the Canary Islands, Africa is only a hundred and a bit miles away. Boats of assylum seekers keep coming up on the beaches here, and they're being housed in vacant hotels. Some of the locals aren't happy about this. The born-again Christian churches would normally be all over refugees, but these refugees are Muslims who don't have any intention of converting (I saw one praying out on his balcony).

    Anyway there were 3 refugees working out at the park today when I was there. They weren't 'big' but they did some interesting exercises, especially for their abs (or 'core' as some people say). Genetically they knock me out of the park -- these guys have long limbs and could hide in a bag of coal.

    I have 6 more days here til I go home to a severe lockdown in Ireland. Really not looking forward to walking out of the airport in Ireland. I will have to endure four entire weeks of doing one and only one thing: Maintain sanity.
    Since your in the area, have you seen any Presa Canarios or Boerbels? Beautiful canines!!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  28. #28
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Here's my apparatus for working out today

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_172626.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	180473

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_172611.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	180474

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210104_172602.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	180475

    I'll post a video when I have Wi-Fi in a bit
    Pretty cool assortment of stuff!

  29. #29
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Remind me again of this “sanity” you have to maintain?
    Sanity means refraining from doing the following:

    1) Buy a .22 lead pellet riffle in the Canaries
    2) Bring it on a flight to England (where it's legal)
    3) Disassemble it in England and mail the parts to myself
    4) Re-assemble the rifle in Ireland
    5) Go to my local park which is on a tall hill and go to the wooded area at the back. There is a clear view for nearly a kilometre of people walking in and out of a grocery store. I could totally just lay there and snipe all day.

    I reckon a lead pellet wouldn't have much whack at that distance, but still I'd be wise to hit the back of the head.

    Sanity = Resisting temptation to do fun stuff that has bad consequences

    I must maintain sanity.

  30. #30
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,401
    Or maybe redefine your definition of “fun”.

    At least you haven’t spent too much time planning it out, because that would be a waste .

    You’re obviously a smart fella and have some real musical prowess as well, maybe divert some of that energy into that hobby. Just a thought.

    New year, new Kimbo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •